FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Liverpool Football Club 2014 / 15, Season: Four in Pictures (Part: Three, Relative Performance)

Team Records: Season

trecs.jpg

Team Records: Modern Era

trecm.jpg

Overall Best XI

oxiy.jpg

Finances

finqd.jpg

Club Value: £198m (£41m Debt)

Trophy Haul

Premier League: 2014

League Cup: 2012, 2013

Community Shield: 2014

Champions League: 2013, 2015

Club World Championship: 2013

Euro Super Cup: 2013

Manager of the Year: 2014

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everyone, just finished my 3rd season and I'm trying to negotiate with Gerrard to lower his wage due to his advanced age (he's 34 in my save and earning 120k a week), but he simply refuses to accept anything lower than 140k, even after adding in several bonuses and clauses in his favour. Can anyone advise me on how to successfully get him to agree to a pay cut? Thanks so much!

Make him a coach and you can get him on £10k a week

Wow I haven't played this is months, had to finish my final year in Uni, do my 10,000 dissertation, exams and now looking for a new job. I turned it on the other day and as soon as I tried to save my game after a few months the power in my house went, leaving me unable to load the ******* save file up. From what I can remember I was in 2014/2015, just had the stadium expanded by 5000+ seats, and had won 3-4 leagues and the champions league 2, with a bank balance of 300m+ thanks to selling on players for a lot of mostly buying kids.

Not the first time something like this has happened either, I doubt I'll be starting a new Liverpool game anytime soon :mad:

Have a private chat with him and recommend that become a coach, if he ask if you want him to start straight away? Then say yes and he will the staff attributes panel, within a month or two he will leave his agent should able slightly reduce his wage. He's 33 on my save and I've got him down to 105k a week plus he's got good coaching stats which was a bonus for me :)

I have got him to be a coach already, so maybe my negotiating skills weren't good enough. Thanks, will give it another shot!

Make him a coach and you can get him on £10k a week

Wow. How did you get him to agree to that? How much clauses and bonuses did you include?

I have got him to be a coach already, so maybe my negotiating skills weren't good enough. Thanks, will give it another shot!

Wow. How did you get him to agree to that? How much clauses and bonuses did you include?

I just kept offering him a coaching role during the last year of his contract, he kept saying no and around the Feb he asked for a coaching contract at Liverpool for 10k a week. I didn't offer him any bonuses

I replaced Reina with Adler on a free in the second season and he did much better than Reina. He won the Golden Gloves and Reina wasn't even in the top 3. Adler is a little weak in the air but Focus training on Aerial Ability, Strength and Balance eliminates this weakness. His wages are also a third of Reina's.

Has anyone managed to develop Deulofeu into a well-rounded player? He's slowly developing in my game. His passing is still only 12 but his 20 Flair means he creates a lot of opportunities. His determination is now 18 after being tutored by Gerrard. I'm also increasing his stamina and strength.

Do you guys sign older experienced players on a free just to tutor the young'uns? Bringing in some older ones like Petit etc with really high determination for the sole purpose of being tutors.

Don't think I will go with Johnson. His teamwork and work rate are way too low for my style of play.

Steve Clarke has imitated life and has left to become a manager! This time it's Fulham. Looking for a new Assman now, considered Valter Di Salvo but he's not interested. Might go for Sidnei Lobo, Brazil's assman.

When is it likely the board will decide to build a new stadium? I am in the 2017/18 season have won the PL 3 times on the trot and 4 times altogether, CL once and FA/league cup a handful of times. I've got the club up to 6th in the Rich Club rankings with an estimated value of £370m and the clubs finances started at £160m in the black at the start of the season and the financial status of the club is rich. Anybody have any experience and do you think if I requested a stadium whether it'd be granted and/or safe for me to do with the current finances?

Won the FA cup in my first season and finished 5th comfortably after a horrible start.

In the transfer window now and shipped out some deadwood. Downing, Kuyt, Maxi, Doni all gone for small sums. Nobody seems to want Joe Cole even for free. And he's taking up 80k per week. Aquilani turned down the chance to join Milan the git.

Absolutely rueing 2 chances I've had this transfer window. First up was Cavani, I declared interest and unsettled him. Napoli wanted 27m and I tried to bargain for 23, then 25. All of a sudden, he was happy playing for Napoli again and now they want 40m. Should've taken the 27m in the first place considering my budget was 33m. Gone for Leandro Damiao now, cheaper option for 20m.

2ndly was Eden Hazard who's put in a transfer request. Same thing. They wanted 15m, I wanted to pay 13m. After 1 round of negotiation, Milan came in with 15m and their offer was accepted. For some reason, Lille wanted 32m from me and would not accept 15m. needless to say he's joined Milan now.

My squad at the moment looks like this:

GK: Reina / Adler

RB: Johnson / Kelly / Montoya

CB: Coates / Skrtel

CB: Agger / Carra / Wilson

LB: Enrique / Wilson / Robinson

DMC: Lucas / Spearing

CM: Shelvey / Adam / Moises

CM: Gerrard / Henderson

AMR: Willian / Erick Torres

AML: Suarez / Bellamy

ST: Damiao / Carroll

I will probably need to bring in a LB as backup to Enrique. More importantly, a backup DM to Lucas. Spearing has been alright in short spells but I don't trust him.

Also obviously up top, I will bring in some cover for Willian and Suarez as I will probably ship out Bellamy.

Might also sell Adam as his decision making is really poor, coupled with the fact that he loves long range shots. VDV for 5m might be a good replacement? The player I'd ideally get is Keisuke Honda though.

Wilson is superb at LB. He's very fast, strong and a good passer. He's more than good enough as backup and will develop rapidly with some games. Not as good as in FM2011 but he still has decent potential. Robinson needs a couple of years on loan.

Hey all, finished my second season and finished fourth - luckily I still have my job as I said I would challenge for the title but as I won the FA cup and reached the quarter finals of champs league but lost to eventual winners Real Madrid, I still have my job. Finally have gotten rid of Carroll for £1m but paying him £12.5k but that's fine. Got rid of Doumbia as he never performed and trying to get in Damiao now but I should have gotten him last year but needed Hazard to keep up with the spending power of the other clubs. Arsenal bought Cavani for £33m on £165k per week in Jan so he's unavailable. Need Damiao but I will sell Shelvey and have bought Ramsey for £5.25m as rotation with Felipe Anderson so hopefully that position will be fine and covered.

Need some more funds but don't know where I am going to get them from to be honest. Hopefully I can get Damiao. Sterling has been progressing nicely and will be getting more opportunities in the first team. Battling with Barcelona for an Argentinian 16 year old AMR for £7.5m so hope I get him too!

Gotten that AMR :D and he got a permit too! Don't think I can afford Damiao anymore as they want so much money due to him having a great season. Gonna try get Carlos Fierro and maybe Niang.

Also Bayern have approached me but I rejected it. Funny as I was thinking that I should start a Bayern save as they are my FIFA team :)

But I've just become the manager of Mexico :)

Hmmm similar transfer targets to mine I see.

Made quite a few changes to my midfield and attack so far.

IN:

Felipe Anderson - 5.5m

James Rodriguez - 2m (cheap as chips, couldn't turn this down)

Naiggolan - 8.5m (backup to Lucas and might take over soon)

Joel Valencia - 2m (again, good quality for cheap)

Leandro Damiao - 20m

Martin Montoya - Free

OUT:

Charlie Adam - Loan to Marseille

Bellamy - 1.8m

Downing - 6m

Maxi - 1.8m

Kuyt - 1.2m

Basically got rid of the older players who were on high wages. Unfortunately still nobody wants Cole or Aquilani for free. Spearing will be next to go, hopefully for around 2.5m. I might let Skrtel leave too but not in the near future as my funds have run out. Maybe in Jan?

Pretty happy with the window so far. Lots of cheap young talent who can also get into the team straight away. The core of my first team squad remains the same as last season and I will hopefully blood the youngsters in gradually. There is probably too much competition in the CM position but I do feel competition is good and will breed excellence. After all, Gerrard can only last a year or possibly 2 more.

With the Europa as well, the younger players will get a good run-out. With a proper Striker up top this season, hopefully will mean a better conversion rate. Suarez performed brilliantly last season but at times it felt he was doing it all on his own. Damiao playing up top will unleash Suarez and will mean more space and time on the ball for him. Higher Composure and Finishing on damiao will hopefully mean more goals from CCCs as well.

Going on a weeks holiday, then will get stuck into season 2!

Just a update in season 4 now Spurs ended my hopes of a treble by knocking me out of the Champions league in the semi final needs 3 pts to win the league & already in the Fa cup final will post a final review later on

Season 4 review

League:won

Fa cup:won

Carling cup:4th rd

Champions League:s/f

Comm Shield : won

Best season ive had in this save gutted by the s/f loss in the CL thats my goal for next season to win it & im gonna use younger players as well Gerrards last season as a Regular but will still be in my squad ill post some ss in a min

Season 1 Review - Liverpool

League - 4th

FA Cup - 3rd round

League Cup - Semi Final

Europa League - Final

Transfers

LiverpoolTransfers_History.png

I was quite happy with this first season with Liverpool. With 3 games left, we still had a chance to win the league. Champions League football was my main aim for this season and that is what I have to look forward to next season.

It was disappointing not to win a cup this season. Spurs beat me in both the League Cup Semi Final and the Europa League Final, as they went on to win the league to complete a treble.

I will try and ship out more of the dead wood this summer and look forward to the two 15 year olds and two 16 year olds who are joining in July who I have high hopes for in a few year.

I really need to find a good replacement for Gerrard. When he wasn't injured, he was amazing, but he spent far too much time in the treatment room for my liking.

August 2012 Update

Well that's pre-season out of the way and I have finished with my transfers ( unless someone offers me silly money for any of my current squad ).

I thought I only needed a couple of players to strengthen my team from last season, but what happened once I got into the transfer market was me signing a lot more players than expected.

I offered players like Cole, Adam, Downing, Aqualiani, Bellamy etc to other clubs to see if there were any takers as they did play well for me last season ( excluding Adam who was out on loan all year ), but their wages are really high so didn't mind selling them.

All of these guys got sold and so I had to buy a fair few players to fill their boots.

Here is how it went down

LiverpoolTransfers_out.jpg

LiverpoolTransfers_In.jpg

I am going to keep on using my strange asymmetric 3-5-2 formation this season and hope to avoid 2nd season syndrome with it.

I have a Home and Away version ( Away version is just the Home one mirrored ).

LiverpoolTactics_Home.jpgLiverpoolTactics_Away.jpg

Current Squad

GK - Reina, Branescu

LB - Enrique, Robinson

CB - Skrtel, Wilson, Carragher, Griffiths

RB - Johnson, Kelly, Flanagan

DM - Lucas, Mariga, Jones

CM - Herrera, Campana, Taylor, Liversedge

RM - Afellay, Henderson

AM - Gerrard, Sigurosson

LM - Suarez, Sinclair, Sterling

ST - Damiao, Ba, Simkin

ST - Carroll, Bianchi

Players in Red are my under 18's who I have high hopes for and will be giving them some game time though out the course of the season.

Hi everyone, just finished my 3rd season and I'm trying to negotiate with Gerrard to lower his wage due to his advanced age (he's 34 in my save and earning 120k a week), but he simply refuses to accept anything lower than 140k, even after adding in several bonuses and clauses in his favour. Can anyone advise me on how to successfully get him to agree to a pay cut? Thanks so much!

just wanted to address this for those who dont know. the longer you leave offering him (and carra) a contract the less he'll want. i usually leave it til the end of the season but have left it right up until a week before his contract expires to offer him a contract and he usually asks for around 60k which you can probably negotiate further aswell. never once has anyone ever offered him a pre contract, probably because of his wages and age.

i do this for henderson and downing too and if i dont really want them, i sell them on and with lesser wages its much easier to get rid. :thup:

Backup striker in season two?

Fed up of Carroll.

Connor Wickham. He won't have played at Sunderland and in a few years he'll far exceed Carroll's ability. He's strong, quick, good in the air, a decent finisher and has good technique and he's still young enough to develop significantly.

Rondon is quality if you are looking for the finished product.

Just finished 2018/19 season.

League Cup: Lost final 1-0 to Man United

FA Cup: Revenge beating Man United 4-2

Premiership: Won with 8pt gap

Champions League: Lost in semi-final 5-4 agg to Barca (1-1 at Anfield and 4-3 at Nou Camp) Messi scored all 5 of their goals. He is still the best player in the game and I have not worked out how to stop him yet :p

LiverpoolSquad_Players-2crp.png

Martin Kelly got into the all time best 11 but insisted he had achieved all he can at the club blah blah so had to let him go.

LiverpoolHistory_BestEleven-2crop.png

After nine games in sitting third in the table won - 6 drew - 2 lost - 1. Signed nobody in the first window but sold Aurelio and Jones. Using a tactic that i used to use back in cm 03/04 (my favourite version of this game) and its working. I drew with man city and spurs, the defeat was to wolves. I just thumped newcastle 4-1. Ive already signed Dzagoev for next year. loving the game so far. Targeting Demba ba for next year too.

Just won 14 league games in a row this will be my last season as I will head off overseas on Saturday also still in the carling cup & made it through to the knockout stage of the champions league so there's a chance I can win 4 trophies currently in dec of season 5

Alright lads how is everyone doing? haven't been on fm for a while, Ive been too busy with MW3 and Netflix to fit any fm time in, might try and fit a save in with a new team sometime over the next few weeks

Alright lads how is everyone doing? haven't been on fm for a while, Ive been too busy with MW3 and Netflix to fit any fm time in, might try and fit a save in with a new team sometime over the next few weeks
There you are :p TBH ive won everything apart from the CL wont be on FM for a few months as ill be overseas & then again may not as Resident Evil 6 comes out a week before i comeback home so may spend time on that

I started a new file and signed Bresciano, Murphy (liverpool legend) and.....Busquets!!! he was transfer listed for some reason at the end of July and i fought off milan and Arsenal and got him for 13.2mil

So glad with my signings so far and mixed results but on a positive side:

Won 3, Drew 1 Lost 1 away to Chelsea last minute goal :( so not all bad and will update you to see how we get on!

Final review season 5

League:1st

Fa cup:won

Carling cup:won

Champions league:1st round knockout

Comm shield:won

had a great season winning 4 trophies downside is the champions league i wont be on FM 12 for sometime as im going overseas to for 11 weeks may continue or wait until FM 13 comes out also Resident Evil 6 will be out by then so FM 13 looks likely good luck in your games

Been trying to master the tactics side of the game with other teams... and decided to give Liverpool a try because for me they're one of the hardest teams to manage, mainly due to over rated squad and expectant owners!

First season, sold Skrtel (6.5) Maxi (6) and Jones (2), and brought in Krohn-Deli (1.2) and Whittingham from Cardiff (2.1). Whittingham is a tidy little player, not fantastic and i'll sell him at the end of the season but hes been a decent rotation player so far. Krohn Deli has got 20 assists and has been outstanding with Suarez, who has hit 20 goals so far.. whilst for the first time EVER im getting Downing to look good (i know right!)

Anyway, 31 games in and i'm 3rd place 1 point behind united and Chelsea. We've all got difficult run-ins and could drop points anywhere. If I bring the title home first season I dont know what i'll do with myself!

Has anybody else struggled with finances? I got rid of Carroll for nothing, but non footballing costs is killing me despite my wages being 200k under what they should be!

Brought in a couple of free agents, Rafa Jorda (ST) on 9 grand p/w and a 29 year old portugese left back whose name escapes me atm on 9 grand. The LB was then called up to the national team. So far jorda has scored 3 goals in 3 games (plays when carroll is pants), both have 1 year deals, might renew them if they continue to perform well.

Hey guys, won the league in my 3rd season thankfully because I had won nothing else but I had won it in emphatic style by beating QPR 8-0 away from home :D. Was a close call until the last few games. But boy am I glad! Got to the semis of the Champs League, better than last year when I reached the quarters and lost to Real, but this time lost to Man City in the semis but hope they get owned by Barcelona.

Still got a game left of the season. Got knocked out in round 6 of the FA cup but won the Community Shield but that is a minor point.

Not sure how I am yet to reshuffle my team but need to improve upon some areas and Suarez wants to leave because I fined him and gave him warnings for poor performance but hopefully he'll come around as he is my main goal scorer!

Also weird but noticed that there were hardly any great regens this year so hopefully there are some great ones next year!

Also in regard to finance, there are many costs such as player appearances and goal bonuses etc and this is why, on top of the high wages we give players, leads to bad finances but at the end of the season, after all the money comes in from sponsorship etc, it'll be fine but hopefully after years of winning trophies, it should work itself out.

Had sold Enrique in January for £15m to Inter Milan as Robinson has been immense and is progressing amazingly well and Enrique had poor performances. Going to sell Agger in the summer and bring in some youngers who will be behind my two main defenders Coates and Dede (who is a beast!) but may bring in one more proper established defender. May need some back up in the left full back position and not really sure how to improve upon my midfield and attacking options but I want to bring in Muniain but they will want loads of money for him and he has £37m release clause but that is too much but hopefully I'll work it out!

Hope your saves are going well!

jorge ribeiro?

Well done, thats him. I sold aurellio, and promoted robinson. then thought it would be better for his development to loan him where he will get more game time. Loaned him to leeds and then was short at lb. his stats wernt too bad and his wage is a bargain since im trying to re-structure liverpool's wages. Alot of high earners may be going.

Gerrard and Carra both retired at end of third season in 2014. Signed both of them as first team coaches on £8,000 a week. Stevie's come down from £105k p/w and Carra from £66k p/w....great savings!

Also, signed a 17 year old regen for £12m from Bayern....kid's gonna be a star. 19 pace and 16 finishing at 17 years old. Need to improve his composure from 9 to 15ish and he will be concentrating on that for now.

My new captain is DIRK! 19 influence at the age of 33. Still can keep going for another season I reckon.

Also, signed Giovinco on a free and he's worth £18.25m :D

Season 2 Review - Liverpool

League - Won

FA Cup - Won

League Cup - 4th Round

Champions League - Semi Final

Transfers

LiverpoolTransfers_History-3.png

There were a couple of signings that really didn't work out this season, so this is something that I need to work on in future seasons.

The main two were Mariga, who I signed on a free. When he played, he would always fly into tackles which usually ended up in him getting a straight red and when he wasn't playing he was moaning about it all the time. I managed to ship him out for £4.9m in January so I still made a nice profit.

The other flop was Scott Sinclair. I had high hopes for him, but he just didn't cut it on the pitch. I will be looking to ship him out in the summer, which will more than likely result in a £5m loss.

Campana was another player who had a poor season. Again he was a player who I got on a free and he is only 19 so there is still time for him to improve. I sent him out on loan to Southampton ( after he rejected a move to Acrington ), but they didn't play him all that much so not sure what to do with him this coming season.

Sigursson, Herrera and Ba all put in a decent season, but I think I overspent on all 3 players.

The two 16 year olds I picked up from Swansea were superb in their first season at the club playing 20+ games each in the first team and improving all the time.

The League

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

Really cant complain to much about how we played in the league, especially when we didn't lose a single game.

The only thing I was not happy about was the amount of goals we leaked.

The Cups

I will start with the Champions League and how unhappy I was with the Semi Final.

The Semi Final was against Real Madrid, which I knew would be a tough couple of games. The first leg was at home and we played really good football and won the game 4-1.

All we needed to do was put in a solid performance in the away leg and all would be good. We played anything but solid in this game getting beat 3-0 and going out on away goals.

In the domestic cups I used my backup keeper, Branescu. He is only 19 years old and developing very well. I dont know if he will be able to replace Reina in years to come or not. If he doesn't develop enough to replace him, I know I will be able to sell him on for a big profit ( he only cost me £2m ).

The FA Cup was plain sailing from start to finish, beating Arsenal 2-0 in the final with ease.

The League Cup however was a strange one. We played Wolves, who pretty much parked the bus and we just couldn't break them down. Ended up 1-1 after extra time and going out on pens.

Player of the Season

A lot of people played great for me this season, but Andy Carroll just edged it for me.

AndyCarrollOverview_Profile-2.png

38 goals in 40 games is a very good return and when he played we always looked like getting a goal.

June 2013 Update

The only thing to update this month is my transfers.

IN

D.Walker - £2m from Blackburn

R.Bennett - £7m from Norwich

P.Dybala - £3.5m from Betis

Total spend = £12.5m

OUT

R.Sterling - £2.8m to Arsenal

S.Sinclair - £7.5m to Fulham

G.Johnson - £7.5m to Fulham

Total received = £17.8m

Walker is a 15 year old striker who will be playing as part of the 1st team this season as he is that good.

Bennett is an English defender who is only 23 years old. He will be coming straight into the team as 1st choice CB.

Dybala is a 19 year old Argintine striker who will fill in when players get injured or need resting.

I am happy with my dealings this month as I have gained £5m.

The wage bill has also been improved. The 3 players who have left the club were costing me £163k per week.

The 3 players who have joined the club are costing me £39k per week.

July 2013 Update

I will start this months update with the transfers.

IN

R.Guillemen - £1.7m from Lyon

Total spend = £1.7m

OUT

R.Bianchi - £4.7m to Palermo

A.Aquilani - £2.5m to Valencia

S.Downing - £1.3m loan to Newcastle

Total received = £8.5m

Another good month for me in the transfer market.

I have stripped off another £140K per week off the wage bill and brought in another future star.

Guillemen is a 16 year old French target man.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Vs Southampton (a) 3-1

Damiao

Saurez (2)

Vs Chesterfield (a) 1-1

Carroll

Vs Morecambe (a) 5-0

Henderson

Dybala (3)

Walker

Hello,

I'm starting a new season with Liverpool and want to play the team with a high pressure 4-3-3.

GR: Reina

RD / LD: Glen / Enrique

DC: Agger and Carragher (defender / defense)

DM: Lucas (what's the best spec?)

CM: Adam (box to box)

CM: Henderson (DLP)

AML: Downing (winger)

AMR: Suarez (IF)

PL: Carrol (DLF)

What's the best combo for the 3 midfielders?

Team spec:

Fluid, high pressure and zone marking. With short pass?

August 2013 Update

Only a couple of players loaned out to Accrington this month, so nothing really to write home about so lets get straight into this months results.

Pre-Season Friendlies

Vs Roma (h) 2-0

Stekelenburg OG

Gerrard

Vs Middlesbrough (a) 3-1

Ba

Damiao (2)

Community Shield

Vs Man Utd (n) 2-1

Campana

Carroll

Premier League