FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gerrard has been awesome for me. I still play him quite frequent, usually in the AMC position but also in the MC (S) position if needed. Henderson also plays there- I rate him on the game, don't think I'lI'll sell him as he's very versatile. Anyone else find he's a good squad player to have?

What do you with Jamie Carragher in season 2 ? I been try his wages reduced and transfer list but he is refused everything.
I keep him till he retires hes Retired in my save & is reserves coach now

For anyone that has signed Cavani for Liverpool, how do you play him as? Advanced forward? Poacher?

And what about Damiao, how do people play him as well?

I had success with cavani as a poacher on the left and cavani as a complete forward on the right of a 2 man strike force, but the following season i played cavani at AMR and damiao up front alone as a deep lying forward on support and this happened.

LeandroDamioOverview_Attributes-1.png

Goodluck Mook, be sure to check back as im about to post my end of season 4 review, you won't want to miss this one ;)

Thanks mate, great season btw!!!

I'm back already, watching Chelsea lastnight made me want some of that for Liverpool- and footy man is the only place where that can happen!

So, first games back are in the World Club Cup- to crown Liverpool the best team in the world. :)

Thanks mate, great season btw!!!

I'm back already, watching Chelsea lastnight made me want some of that for Liverpool- and footy man is the only place where that can happen!

So, first games back are in the World Club Cup- to crown Liverpool the best team in the world. :)

Let's be honest, the champions league title does that, club world championship isn't worth the effort.

I just think about new Liverpool save game again. What tip i should buy player ? I am awful with tactics and anyone can help to me with tactics ? Damiao always not well for me. I think it is link with tactics and shouts. what are advantage and disadvantage buy players with transfer 48 months ?

Currently in meltdown mode. Was undefeated through 30 games and now we've lost 3 of our last 4 league games. Morale is low and United are 5 points clear. It is mostly because we played 3 games in 7 days, had a week break and I'm now in the 3rd game of a 4 in 7 days stretch. Thank you terrible scheduling. For some reason I've had to play a league game, have a day off, then another league game on 3 separate occasions.

Its on my players too though. Several of them will be out the door for this terrible run. Absolute ****** play from the entire squad.

hey, what sort of transfers did people do first window?

What's you philosophy / strategy / style mate? Then we can help a little more.

I just think about new Liverpool save game again. What tip i should buy player ? I am awful with tactics and anyone can help to me with tactics ? Damiao always not well for me. I think it is link with tactics and shouts. what are advantage and disadvantage buy players with transfer 48 months ?

On the 48 month thing, I do it with Liverpool, know I shouldn't but I ONLY do it during the first window and I ensure I make that money back pronto.

I only do it because I only buy U18 players, and I've a decent knowledge of U18s at the start of the game, so it's kind of risk free... Whereas when you get to season 3 (just as an example, as it's where I am now), you very much have to rely on scouting and your own ability to judge potential (to be honest I'd back myself 8.5 times out of 10 for that but even still, you see my point).

As for the rest of your question, again philosophy / strategy / style? People will be able to help a but more.

Currently in meltdown mode. Was undefeated through 30 games and now we've lost 3 of our last 4 league games. Morale is low and United are 5 points clear. It is mostly because we played 3 games in 7 days, had a week break and I'm now in the 3rd game of a 4 in 7 days stretch. Thank you terrible scheduling. For some reason I've had to play a league game, have a day off, then another league game on 3 separate occasions.

Its on my players too though. Several of them will be out the door for this terrible run. Absolute ****** play from the entire squad.

Is it the original squad your talking about? If so, I think we've all been there bro- terrible mentality from some of them!!

Is it the original squad your talking about? If so, I think we've all been there bro- terrible mentality from some of them!!

Yup. Only real addition is Iker Muniain. Thing is they were great all year. My defense was great especially considering my attacking style of play. Just recently we've been absolutely terrible. Surprisingly Stewart Downing has been solid for me but is out for 3 months. I've only got 3 games left so I'll be throwing up screen shots pretty soon. I'm currently 1 point back on United but have played 2 more games then them. So its going to take some pretty good luck for me to win the league.

Steven Gerrard willed us to that 2nd place finish when it seemed like we were crumbling. He scored 5 goals in our last 4 matches with one of them being a 90th minute winner at Man City. I almost won the league but in our second to last game both Agger and Enrique got themselves sent off and that eliminated any hope of winning and we lost 2-1.

7114847605_914c439dc3_c.jpg

Almost all of Carroll's production was from the first half of the season. He played really well but then just nosedived about midway through and couldn't do a thing.

7114840659_e3f5856b3b_c.jpg

Hoping for a decent transfer budget to bring in some quality players. A few guys will definitely be outgoing as well.

Gerrard has been awesome for me. I still play him quite frequent, usually in the AMC position but also in the MC (S) position if needed. Henderson also plays there- I rate him on the game, don't think I'lI'll sell him as he's very versatile. Anyone else find he's a good squad player to have?

I've been playing him as a AMR, winger role. He has done well for me, in fact, he is my prefered choice at the moment.

I'm only in October of season 2, but after seeing lots of good things about Leandro Damiao he arrives in Jan :) 16.5mil I think I'm paying.

BTW lads, here's a few young players that are with LFC at the start of the game, just so you can see how they are developing (I'm in Feb of my 3rd season):

Sebastián Coates

coates.jpg

Brilliant, first name on the team sheet these days. Would genuinely not swap him for any other CB in World football at this minute. He was a CB in the World Team of the year for 2013 too.

Jordan Henderson

henderson.jpg

Another that has developed into a first team player for me. Not the best "all round" footballer, but I play him on the RW position and he's got very good attributes in everything he needs to for that spot.

Martin Kelly

kellyrs.jpg

He's taken over as first choice RB from Johnson this season, but to be honest he's not exactly complete. If I was the kind of manager that just bought players of any age, this would be one of the positions I'd be looking to strengthen. A great, great back-up but not world beating quality as a first choice RB- would be a good CB though!

Jonjo Shelvey

shelvey.jpg

Is actually my back-up to Gerrard at the minute, but as you can see he's progressing very nicely and gets a lot of games anyway. I think next season he'll be better than Gerrard and thus will be my first choice- looking forward to seeing how much more he could develop.

Danny Wilson

wilsonyj.jpg

Great little back-up player, he jumped massively in his ststs during my second season but that seems to have tailed off this season, kind of suggests to me that there isn't much else to come from him. Even still, a solid back-up player.

Jack Robinson

robinsonz.jpg

Has provided good back-up all the way through-out the game, even if he was a little raw in the first season and early second. He's developing nicely and at a steady rate, I think by the time he's 23 he'll have overturned Enrique as my first choice LB.

Raheem Sterling

sterling.jpg

Coming along very nicely, I'm not rushing him into the first team, training him properly working on his weaknesses but giving him game time and it seems to be paying off. I think next season, I'll put him in the first team squad and see if my patience pays off?

John Flanagan

flanagan.jpg

Looking like a good player now, he's going to return from loan next season and take Glen Johnson's first team place.

Dani Pacheco

pachecoy.jpg

Honestly, not a bad player but not good enough for my side and at 23 too old to be waiting for him to break through! I can't sell him either, for the life of me. So I've had to let him go out to my feeder club on loan.

Suso

susos.jpg

I really like him, and I'm pretty sure he'll play in the first team one day. I've sent him on loan to another of my feeder clubs this season and the plan is to try and get him a Premiership loan next season. Hopefully by the time that's all done he'll be able come straight into my side.

Krisztián Adorján

adorjan.jpg

I love Adorján, and I really hoped he could've made it here. But it doesn't look like that's going to happen. I'll almost definatly sell him in the summer I'm afraid.

Conor Coady

coady.jpg

Another who when I loaded this save for the first time, the plan was to build my defense around him and Wisdom (more to come...) but again, looks like he's coming up a bit short and he's running out of time. Turns 21 in a few days and not really good enough. Think I'll have to sell him.

Jao Carlos Teixeira

carlosd.jpg

Not good enough. Shame, another I had high hopes for, but as you can see not good enough. Fear I might have troubles selling him with those wages too. May have to release?

Marc Pelosi

pelosi.jpg

He's developing very nicely! He'll have another loan next season, hopefully to a Championship club and I'll take it from there, might need a Premier League loan after that but I think he's got a great chance of making the first team if he carries on developing as such.

Andre Wisdom

wisdomr.jpg

Another major shame, I thought he was going to be a main stay in the team but he just doesn't seem to have "it". He does in real life though. Another to sell in the summer.

And finally...

Andy Carroll

carrollq.jpg

So, he had a great first season. A decent second season and he's not exactly awful this season. But I was looking at my screenies from him in the first season, and he just hasn't developed a single thing at all. Really disappointing, I thought I could make him into a power house, but like I say none of his stats have improved. So whilst he's still fairly young etc. I'm going to sell him in the summer.

Has anyone had any success in selling Carroll? If so, how much can I expect to get from him?

BTW: have a look at this for a run of results!!

febresults.jpg

Not going bad ay!! Due a bad spell (they usually coincide with the CL starting up again!!). Anyway, that last result left me 4 points clear of United with 12 games left.

What's you philosophy / strategy / style mate? Then we can help a little more.

On the 48 month thing, I do it with Liverpool, know I shouldn't but I ONLY do it during the first window and I ensure I make that money back pronto.

I only do it because I only buy U18 players, and I've a decent knowledge of U18s at the start of the game, so it's kind of risk free... Whereas when you get to season 3 (just as an example, as it's where I am now), you very much have to rely on scouting and your own ability to judge potential (to be honest I'd back myself 8.5 times out of 10 for that but even still, you see my point).

As for the rest of your question, again philosophy / strategy / style? People will be able to help a but more.

If i buy under 18 player then i will create training for them ?

My philosophy is balance because i do like defence and attack at right time. I do want player pass to anywhere to who have space. I think only winger help to full back because full back can go forward to all time. Two Midfield have two different type. One midfielder will attack and other midfielder will be defence. I want forward stay at box all time because forwards just score all time.

(Sorry my English grammar is awful)

Just finished my 5th season and the board have decided to build a new stadium called the Daglish stadium. 72,584. Happy with that.

Nicely done bro!!! What kind of success have you had to deserve that?

I'm coming toward the end of my 3rd season now, thought I was going to do back-to-back Champions League wins as I had a failry easy draw- but I've just been knocked out 1-2 by Marseille!! Gutted!!

Still, means I can concentrate all my efforts on the league now- haven't even come close to winning one on this save yet, but now I'm 7 points clear with 6 games to go. Got a hard run in tho, fingers crossed!!

Ok, so I'm logging off. I'm heading down to Norwich for the game tomorrow (going a day early as I know people there), will be back on on Sunday- when I'll play my final 3 games and hopefully win the league for the first time on this save!!! :)

Good luck with all your saves and enjoy your weekends!!!

Mooki, have a look a few posts up. I've posted a screenshot of Damiaos biography which basically tells you in a nutshell what I've won.

Your doing very well pal, keep it up!! I'm getting there, my young players are really starting to progress into the first team now, next season will be exciting.

BTW, I'm back from the game now, have got a last season update, I'll whack it up now...

Liverpool Football Club 2013 / 14, Season: Three in Pictures (Part: Two, Player Performance)

Player of the Season

suarezp.jpg

I’ve been playing him as a No10 just in behind Carroll, but I got sick of big Andy and decided to use Luis as the furthest forward player this season. As you can see by his stats, that decision has paid off. Scores goals in important games too.

Previous Winners:

2013: Sebastián Coates: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7748057&viewfull=1#post7748057

2012: Andy Carroll: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7712825&viewfull=1#post7712825

Young Player of the Season

robinson2.jpg

As you can see, he only got 6 games in the league but I make sure I always play the lad in all the cup games and Champions League games and he’s defiantly benefiting from it. Like I said in an earlier post about him, I’m pretty sure over the next couple of seasons he’ll take Enrique’s spot as first choice LB.

Previous Winners:

2013: Gerard Deulofeu: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7748057&viewfull=1#post7748057

2012: Gerard Deulofeu: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276688-FM12-Liverpool-F.C-Thread-Victory-is-upon-us.?p=7712825&viewfull=1#post7712825

Player Records: Season

playerrecseason.jpg

Player Records: Modern Era

playerrecmodern.jpg

Liverpool Football Club 2013 / 14, Season: Three in Pictures (Part: Three, Relative Performance)

Team Records: Season

teamrecseason.jpg

Team Records: Modern Era

teamrecmodern.jpg

Overall Best XI

oxijo.jpg

Finances

(On 01/06)

finances.jpg

Club Value: £171m (Loan: £44m)

Other Stuff

• Great season, I was very pleased. I set out with the aim of finishing in the top 3 but the squad went on a great run in the middle and in the end I won it comfortably.

• Again, there isn’t enough money on the last day of the season so the board sack off the idea of re building the training facilities and youth facilities, after they had said they would. The money comes in on the 25th and then they believe were in a position to build again, but they put it off until this time next year when this will happen again. Sickeningly annoying. Happened last season too.

• I’m going to have a bit of a shuffle around, get rid of some high earners and try and make some serious cash from transfers out this season so this doesn’t happen again.

• This will be made possible because all the U18 players I’ve been buying are ready starting to boil over and are ready to come through now. Just watch- this is where the real success starts  Yeah, so expecting a massive profit this summer!

• Ohh, got decent initial budgets for this coming season too: £52.67m / £1.7m

Trophy Haul

Premier League: 2014

League Cup: 2012, 2013

Champions League: 2013

Club World Championship: 2013

Euro Super Cup: 2013

Manager of the Year: 2014

Most of my transfers are done here's who I bought and who I sold. This is after season 1 btw.

In:

Ever Banega (10m up front 13 over 48 months)- Brought him in to play the deep lying playmaker role in my midfield. Looks to be a great passer and hopefully worth every penny.

Andriy Yarmolenko (9.25m)- Will play on the wing and possibly in the lone striker role sometimes. More of a rotation guy than outright starter because I have Muniain who plays on the left.

Erick Torres (8.25m)- Striker for the future. Will definitely get some time as he already looks good enough to play.

Out:

Charlie Adam (loan fee of 1m with up 5.75m to make permanent) to Fulham- Agger said he was the reason for disharmony in the locker room. Never clicked with my team and rarely appeared towards the end of the year.

Maxi (1.5m) to PSG- Always had poor morale despite some solid performances. Needed to move him on though.

Craig Bellamy (500k) to Stoke- Just had no room for him in the squad with Yarmolenko coming in. He didn't do much for me either on the pitch.

Michel (800k) to Atalanta- Bought him before my first season as a backup to Lucas and he played poorly. Probably didn't give him enough time to settle in but Jay Spearing had the backup role locked down after about 2 months.

Thats it so far, its only the beginning of August so I may make another move, preferably getting rid of Joe Cole, but this seems to be it for now.

My team's poor run of form has continued into the new season. Pepe has been pretty bad for me and my defense, who were dominant through the first 30 league games last year, have just not been the same.

Banega said he was having trouble settling in so I let him go on a leave of absence too. So yeah, not a good start to the 12/13 season for me.

Due to a lack of transfer funds at the beginning of the game, I could only bring in two players (Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink as a backup TM and a young DM as a backup for Lucas), and did the league and league cup double with essentially the original squad. Traded the lead in the Prem with Man City all season long, coming into the final four games I had a lead of one point and Man City had really easy fixtures so I had to win them all. That's exactly what I did, including a 2-1 come-from-behind win at White Hart Lane with the winner from Bellamy coming in the 88th minute. Buzzing!

I've never been a good defensive coach, but for some reason my entire defensive line (and their backups) have average ratings of over 7.2 - Glen Johnson was my player of the season. A huge disappointment is that I just lost Suarez - he stupidly got himself sent off in the title-deciding match, threw a hissy fit when I fined him, and refused to talk to me after that. Had no choice but to let him move to Madrid... just brought in Lisandro Lopez to replace him, hope he does well!

Hey guys and girls :)

Im in season 2014/2015, my third season at Liverpool, and have both Leandro Damiao and Edinson Cavani up front, yet, im struggling to get both of them to score?! Why on gods earth is this!

I'm currently playing Cavani and complete forward, and Damiao as a poacher. Do you think that is the correct tactics for them?

Any advice would be of massive help.

Thanks.

ITFC 1

Archived