FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would get shot of him and use Flanagan or sign Clyne, Ribeiro or Walker if you want domestic, or the Croat whos name I can never spell from Dinamo

However, If you didn't want to let Johnson go, I, personally, would still play Flanagan as RB and retrain Johnson as either RM or AMR and move Dirk Kuyt back up front.

5 years in.Just won the league.. Cheated in the editor but i just game myself money and added myself into the game so its fun enough.

How good can robinson and flanagan become.Because I cheated they are developing a lot slower as I kinda forgot about them.Same with Sterling although I try to squeeze him in as much as possible and has 4 start potential now.

Reina is exceptional.Sold Skrtel and Agger is fairly average

Season 3 review

League

leaguew.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fa Cup

facupn.jpg

Carling cup

3rd round

Champions league

S/f

Comm Shield

R/U

Stats

statspc.jpg

Transfers

transferso.jpg

Well just won the league On GD from city lost to Utd 1-0 on agg in the CL already Sold Doumbia as ive signed Cavani from Napoli my goal for this season is to win the champions league will sign regens for the future

Alright lads. keeping Glen on. I holidayed season 1 so most of the other targets have moved on. wanted to start off in season 2 so i could sell off some of the dross we signed last summer easily. means i missed out on a few players i wanted, altho i do have to try out a few i never bought before now

Good afternoon everybody.

Just started a season as Liverpool, got like the post before, i'm going to holiday to whole of the first season, as im not very happy with the squad, and I cant sell any of them because they were brought that summer.

I'm hoping for one big clear out and make alot of new signings, and having a season or 2 of gelling a team together.

Looking to sell the likes of;

Carroll

Downing

Henderson

Adam

And hoping to bring in the likes of;

Javi Martinez

Iker Munian.

Gylfi Sigurdsson (sp)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ITFC 1

Gonna try and get a season in over the next few days. I'm yet to win consecutive CLs so the clean sweep of 7 trophies eludes me. My plan is to do that then resign, try and leave the club in the best shape possible, and holiday through 5-10 seasons to see if AI management can keep the club at the top.

After holidaying my first season, we finished in 7th, which I didnt think was too bad.

So, after getting to grips with the squad, I set about the staff first, releasing alot of them, although some had left whilst I holidayed it. And brought in my own usual staff.

Then to the players.

Firstly, I sold;

Brad Jones - Fulham - 500k

Craig Bellamy - Fulham - 500k

Fabio Aurelio - Catania - Free

Maxi Rodriguez - Werder Bremen - 2.5million

Joe Cole - West Ham - 500k

Still looking to sell Carroll, Downing, Aquilani, Henderson and Doni.

I've had bids accepted for Sigurdsson of Hoffenheim, Javi Martinez and Iker Munian.

Looking to give the likes of Shelvey, Sterling, Flanagan and Kelly alot of playing time.

I sold Cole immediately, but Aquilani is impossible to get rid of because of his wage demand.

Yeah, I almost got rid of Aq when I offered him for free, but he demanded money to leave. I rejected and now I'm stuck with him lol.

Had to restart my game last night. Save game wouldn't load.

did the same again and holidayed season 1. got luck and the club finished 3rd. so CL football for season 2.

will do up a squad list in a while.

the transfer window for the start of season 2 has been the best one i've ever seen on the game for the PL. spurs have spent 100m! (ganso for 33m) city bought modric for 42m, United have gotten Hamsik for 41m

Had to restart my game last night. Save game wouldn't load.

did the same again and holidayed season 1. got luck and the club finished 3rd. so CL football for season 2.

will do up a squad list in a while.

the transfer window for the start of season 2 has been the best one i've ever seen on the game for the PL. spurs have spent 100m! (ganso for 33m) city bought modric for 42m, United have gotten Hamsik for 41m

Wouldnt mind all 3 myself in the same team

i'm up to the start of my Friendlies in the game now of season 2. Steve Clarke called a team meeting due to low morale. it went better than expected and almost all players got a boost in morale.

Have managed to get rid of almost everyone i wanted to but still might sell Downing if i can get a buyer. Carroll will stay for this season as 3rd choice.

in Jan of season 1 the club bought, Milan Badelj, Neven Subotic & Leandro Damiano.

I've sold off

Doni 2m still paying some wages

Jones 1m

Skrtel 5.75m

Spearing on loan to buy

flanno on loan to buy

aurelio 1m still paying some wages

Maxi 2.5m

Bellamy 1m

Cole 2.8m

Aquilani 6m (milan took up option to buy) still paying some wages

Adam 7.75m went to wolves and money is over 48 months

Pacheco 3m

let a whole lot of U18s go on free's and a few reserves are gone as well

Have spent a good bit with only 2 deals being over 48 months. rest has been upfront

Smthies 1.8m

Martin Montoya on a free for RB cover

Jan Vertongen 4.2m

Andrea Poli 2.7m

Adam Johnson 6.25m

Yann M'Vila 33m 48months

Eden Hazard 37m 48 months

Willian 14.5m

Thommen 1.7m (REGEN)

Its left me with a good balanced squad but if i can sell downing i'll target a big deal for either Antoine Grezmann or Erik Lamela

Squad

Pepe, Smithies

Glen Johnson, Kelly, Montoya

Agger, Coates, Subotic, Vertongen (Carra will go to the reserves)

Enrique, Robinson, Wilson

Lucas, M'Vila

Henderson, Badelj, Poli, Stevie G, Thommen, Shelvey

Adam Johnson, Willian, Suso

Hazard, Downing

Suarez, Damiano, Carroll

aim is a good run in the CL and a title challenge. will need to strenghten the Cm position at some stage tho

Wouldnt mind all 3 myself in the same team

some of the transfer have been quality. spurs bought some great players in and are trying for Jovetic as well. actually could be one of the best seasons on FM for me with the way the summer buys are shaping up

Also got this guy for 19.5million euros which did seem bit excessive, but proved to be worth every penny.

Marvin%20Martin%20(Overview_%20Profile).png

And if you like player like Muniain but it seems difficult to sign him, try this guy

Vaclav%20Kadlec%20(Overview_%20Profile).png

Sorry but £19m for a player who's 3 stars or 3 star potential isn't good business

Right! Hello, im back .... AGAIN!

Finally decided to get my backside in gear and start a save with Liverpool, although with a twist! I decided to holiday the first season, so Kenny was still in charge! Liverpool finished a modest 7th. Kenny brought in, Clint Dempsey, Seydou Keita and Jan Vertonghen in the first season, and a load of reserves went on loan with a few being sold.

Now, I decided to take over the reigns, in the middle of May 2012, giving me enough time to assess the squad, and make any changes I felt were needed.

I usualy play a 4-2-4 formation with most teams I am, and usually a 4-5-1 away formation, so ill look to use that again with Liverpool.

I've drawn up a list of what players I will be hoping to sell;

Brad Jones

Doni

Skrtel

Johnson (only if I can get a suitable replacement, offered new contract and he wanted 125k and would not budge!)

Aquilani

Cole

Henderson

Downing

Demspey

Bellamy

Maxi

Carroll (depending on what fee I can get for him, and what replacement I can get)

Looks like i'll be having a massive clearout, as I jst dont see any of them helping me take the club forward.

Now, on to my transfer targets, hoping to spruce things up a little;

Javi Martinez - Bilbao

Iker Munian - Bilbao

Gyfli Sigurdsson (sp) - Hoffenheim

Jeremy Menez - PSG

Yann M'villa - Rennes

Eden Hazard - Lille

I know theirs alot of good talent their, and prices may be high, but i'll hopefully be able to get at least 5 of them targets.

I'll keep you all updated of how my 2012-2013 season goes. :)

Thanks for reading.

ITFC 1

So, pre-season is fully under way :)

I have sold plenty of players, starting with;

Brad Jones - 500k - Fulham

Doni - 1mil - Catania

Skrtel

Johnson (only if I can get a suitable replacement, offered new contract and he wanted 125k and would not budge!)

Aquilani - I offered 6mil+Aquilani for Hummels from Dortmund, bid was accepted :D

Cole - 1.5million - West Ham

Henderson - 3.7million loan fee, 7.5mil permanent fee - West Brom

Downing - 16mil (48 months) - Fulham

Demspey - 7.5million - Birmingham

Bellamy - 500k - Fulham

Maxi - 2.5million - Wolves

Carroll (depending on what fee I can get for him, and what replacement I can get)

Season 2014 Halfway point:

Super Cup

Despite dominating Valencia from start to finish, neither side were able to score in 120 minutes of football. In the end I suffered for not having enough players who have high penalty attributes and lost the cup 5-4 in the shoot out.

League Cup

Despite winning the cup last season playing what was in large my reserves/youth players and a mixture of older players who weren't going to be at the club during the summer cull. I crashed out this year in the fourth round to Chelsea, with them scoring in the 80th minute. In the end there wasn't enough time to pull a goal back to take it to a replay.

Champions league group stage

In a group with Wolfsburg, Napoli and Besiktas, there was 35 goals scored across the 4 teams with Liverpool getting 14 of them. In the most exciting match of the group was the first one when I beat Napoli 5-2 which was a back and forth match but Hernandez and Rossi were on fire. The second match was a 1:1 draw with Besiktas which was a lesson as both my 4-2-4 in the first half and 4-3-3 in the second were outclassed for the 90 minutes. A 1:0 win over Wolfsburg meant that I'd have to **** up massively in the next three matches to not qualify, with the German and Italian team in my group, the latter winning their league last season meant there was a chance that could happen. A 3:0 win over Wolfsburg in the return match and beating Napoli 2:1 meant I qualified top of my group with a game to spare, that naturally meant my reserves were out for Besiktas, a second 2:1 was enough for me despite an overall bad performance. I drew Atletico Madrid in the first round knock out stage

Club world championship

The winners of the Champions League should always be favorites to win this cup if nothing else but for the teams that you face in it, at worst you'll face Santos who could give you a game if they still have Neymar which in my Liverpool save they do. At only 22 years old I might have to try and buy him hahaha. The first match was against, which ended in a 9:0 demolition with Griezmann getting 3 of the goals there. The final, though slightly unsure as to why you only play two games when there's about five overall with the other teams once again went to penalties, only this time I managed to win 4:3, though some time practising pens won't go amiss.

Premier League

I'm currently sitting 6 points behind holders and leaders Man City, I don't think it would be harsh to call it a two horse race since for some reason Swansea are sitting in third spot :eek:though they're ten points behind me. I have two games in hand on City because of the CWC and hopefully I'll be able to win back the league when these come into play, though if it goes to GD they'll win it since they're banging them in for fun. On a more annoying note, at the start of October Suarez, Rossi and Hernandez all picked up 5-6 week injuries on international duty, which meant my formation since then has become a 4-3-3, sadly Flenley hasn't been developing as well as I'd hoped but Fierro has 10 goals in 17 matches for me, he's looking like he'll be a brilliant 3rd choice striker.

I've also managed to set up Henderson leaving in the summer for 7 mill to Chelsea, I know I've told people who to keep him. Yet despite tutoring from Gerrard, Adam and then Aquilani and a training program set up for him, he annoyingly dropped to a 2 star player. I'm still looking to move both Suarez and Reina on in the summer as well, with Wilson going to Newcastle this January for 6 mill

Pre-Season

Derby County 0-2 Liverpool

Liverpool 1-1 Valencia

Celtic 1-3 Liverpool

Rangers 0-1 Liverpool

Pre-season went well, played mostly youngsters during each game as some of the squad was away on international duty.

Transfers

Talk about a clear out .... it was huge! So, lets start off with the out-goings;

Stewart Downing - Fulham - 16million (48 months though!)

Charlie Adam - Fulham - 6million

Brad Jones - Fulham - 500k

Jay Spearing - Swansea - 2.5million

Steven Naismith - Birmingham - 3.3million (Was a Dalglish signing)

Clint Demspey - Birmingham - 7.5million (another Dalglish signing)

Fabio Aurelio - Birmingham - 250k

Jordan Henderson - West Brom - 3.7million loan fee, 7.5million if they want to make it permanent.

Craig Bellamy - Aston Villa - Free

Maxi Rodriguez - Newcastle - 2.5million

Doni - Newcastle - 1million

And then I released a whole load of youngsters.

Now in for transfers coming in to Anfield;

Gylfi Sigurdsson - Hoffenheim - 7million

Iker Munian - Bibao - 20million

Leandro Damiao - Internacional - 22million

I've set myself a goal, of by 2016 I want to be Premiership champions, and possibly Champions League winners. If i've done one of those by 2016, then ill probably look to leave afterwards. Ill keep you all posted how my seasons go :)

End of season review

FA Cup

I got to the semi finals of the FA cup, having beaten Peterborough, Sheffield United, Cardiff and Bolton along the way. I lost to Arsenal in the semi final without them scoring a goal, Rossi gave me the lead but own goals from Lucas and then Agger handed the match to them, and the team were too drained of confidence to try and pull a goal back to take it to extra time.

Champions league

Likewise I got to the semi final of the champions league before being knocked out by Man City 6-5 on aggregate. A little upset because I wanted to try and win back to back trophies but theres always next year to reclaim my thrown. I beat Atletico Madrid 8:2 over the two legs which I was amazed at, the next round put me against Man United who I knocked another 6 past over two legs so I was starting to think that maybe, just maybe luck was shinning on me. A 3:2 victory over City in the first leg of the semi final gave me more hope, but they came back to smack 4 goals past me at their ground. They've got Bayern in the final so who knows what'll happen since they scored 6 in the second leg of their semi against OM

Premier League

The season wasn't a total waste as I won the league for the third time in four years with 92 points and having scored 94 goals. The two games in hand over City in December proved to be crucial, like in real life once I leapfrogged them they crumbled away and couldn't catch me.

Goal scorers

Rossi - 30

Griezmann - 23

Hernandez - 18

Suarez - 16

Chamberlain - 10

I play a 4-2-4 and as you can tell nearly every goal scored came form the front four who racked up 97 goals in all competitions this season. I said it last season and I'll say it again, you need to buy Greizmann for your left wing, I bought him during the summer of the 2013 season and have played him as a AML set as a winger with an attacking duty and over two seasons he's scored 45 goals. He's only just turned 24 in my game so I've got a lot more to come from him and he's already classed as world class.

Assists

Enrique - 20

Chamberlain - 17

Griezmann - 15

Suarez - 14

Herrera - 13

The top 5 players for making assists over the past year got me 79 goals in all competitions, Chamberlain is only a kid at 21 but managed 10 goals and 17 assists in 37 matches and is looking every much a steal at the 7.5m??? I paid for him. Enrique was the stand out performer with how many goals he set up, 20 assists from your fullback is amazing, hopefully we'll see more of the same next season but I'm starting to look around for a long term replacement for him. Once again Greizmann is up there like he was with the scoring charts, worth every penny of the 20m I paid for him, even if it seemed a lot at first.

Summer activity plans

I'll be looking for a young replacement for Suarez since Madrid came in with a 35m bid for him which was accepted, he'll be going this summer, and a backup keeper as I sold Reina to Barcelona for 37m, good business all around. Apart from that I'm still looking for a goal scoring right winger to compliment Greizmann, a right back, possibly a young centre mid and new defender. They'll more than likely be regens though, since my youth recruitment this season was nothing short of diabolical, with no player being rated more than 2 stars meaning none of them will be in my first team plans.

Archived