FM12 Liverpool F.C Thread - Victory is upon us.

Half way point 2 season update: I started the season with a 1:0 defeat to Man Utd in the Charity shield, but took revenge with a 5:0 win over stoke in the first match of the season. That said things didn't work out well for me after that, the season has been more up and down than the first one was, and I've already had more losses so far than I had for the entirety of the first season. Three league defeats in a row at the start of December knocked me off top spot in the league, and with Spurs having a game in hand and only 1 point behind me in third place, there's not going to be room for many mishaps in the new year.

The champions league handed me a tough group, Barcelona, Wolfsburg and Besiktas. The only guaranteed points there were the Turkish side, and I knew coming out of the group would hinge on the matches between me and Wolfsburg. Luckily I beat them home and away as well as beating Besiktas, with other results going my way meant I qualified from the group stage in second place with two games to go. Barcelona beat me home and away, 2:1 and 1:0, closer than I thought the matches would be. I've drawn OM in the first round knock out stage

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've sold Glen Johnson in the Jan transfer window. City offered ten million, I said no and the next thing Johnson wanted to discuss a new contract, but wanted it increased from the 80k a week to 115k a week. Good footballer or not, he's 28/29 in the game right now, he doesn't deserve to be on the same sort of wage that Gerrard is on, so I offered him out for 17 million

I sold him at Jan window in 2012 too - he made mistakes and didn't play that good!

I've got 4 games left and my next one is against Arsenal, who play Utd after I play them - need to win and hope arsenal lose!

Update: Lost 3-2 to Arsenal...van persie is on fire in my game...everything he shoots hits the back of the net...hax. He has 34 goals in 30 apps in the league. So first place is out of the question so now I need to focus on consolidating 2nd. 5 points ahead of 3rd placed City.

Update: van persie double sinks utd - arsenal have won the league with 2 games to spare.

Ended up finishing second - 7 points behind arsenal - damned van persie.

plans for sell in transfer window - henderson, adam (deal already in place), carroll, aqua, cole, maybe agger too.

plan to buy in transfer window - (already got deals in place for couple of regens) but I want hazard and maybe hamsik or yann m'vila but also want either otamendi or papadoupolous (or maybe both - depends how wilson is)

Strikers are covered coz i have suarez, sanogo, niang and fierro + van nistrelrooy.

Youth intake time: Time for my second set of regens, with the board having scrapped plans to upgrade the youth training I'll be waiting until the Stadium expansion is finished in the summer before asking again. Roy Lewis a right winger with 4 star potential was the only person worth signing :rolleyes: everyone else was one star or less. The sooner I can upgrade the better

Youth intake time: Time for my second set of regens, with the board having scrapped plans to upgrade the youth training I'll be waiting until the Stadium expansion is finished in the summer before asking again. Roy Lewis a right winger with 4 star potential was the only person worth signing :rolleyes: everyone else was one star or less. The sooner I can upgrade the better

What date is youth intake?

Barcelona in the quarter finals of the champions league and then Madrid or Utd in the semis.........

good luck :)

got m'vila for £15m since his club finished 17th! got offered cavani for £24m but not sure if i want him coz il have more than enough young strikers that need game time.

decided to offer for cavani but he chose spurs over me.

i've brought 11 regens ranging from 3.5* (quality player) to 4.5* (key player)

good luck :)

got m'vila for £15m since his club finished 17th! got offered cavani for £24m but not sure if i want him coz il have more than enough young strikers that need game time.

:( two 1:0 defeats by barca knocked me out the cup, upset but not too shocked, I mean is Barcelona and only my second season so I haven't had time to fashion a team to beat them yet. The worst part about it was three of my strikers picked up injuries, with Suarez out for the rest of the season, so I lost the semi final FA cup match three days later. Gotta focus on retaining the league now, somehow spurs have 4 games in hand over me so they'll be my closest challengers.

Also I was wrong about the stadium upgrade, its going to be finished in 2014, and not 2013 like I first thought. No idea how big the expansion is going to be since its taking two years to complete though

Wooo, I won the league again. Spurs slowly fell apart with their games in hand, though that probably had something to do with them playing 5 games in the space of a week on the run up to the end of the season. A bit annoyed I only ended this season with one trophy, hopefully next season I can have a better go at the champions league

What have they done to luis suarez?

11 goals in 6 non competitive matches, i thought it was just pre-season form but no he continued into the premiership, first game 4 goals, 2nd match of the season another 4 goals.

2 games, 8 goals, what have they done :D

Odd haha he doesn't score a lot for me

Odd haha he doesn't score a lot for me

Nor for me :( last save he was immense.

@ cyborg: the regens I brought were a mix of strikers, wingers, a DC and DMC - i would post pictures of them up but for me it would take too long and they don't show up as big for some reaosn.

Nor for me :( last save he was immense.

@ cyborg: the regens I brought were a mix of strikers, wingers, a DC and DMC - i would post pictures of them up but for me it would take too long and they don't show up as big for some reaosn.

No problem mate, I think in the next season or two the game is gonna be big on buying the best regens. I've got the board upgrading the training and youth centers for me.

No problem mate, I think in the next season or two the game is gonna be big on buying the best regens. I've got the board upgrading the training and youth centers for me.

Hopefully. I can't upgrade yet since I don't have enough money in the bank as I didn't win anything and just finished 2nd. But here's hoping this season I can win something.

Suarez is now on 12 goals in 6 appearances, a 16 year old niang is 2nd in the club scoring chats with 3 goals in 3 sub appearances and 4 different players on 2 goals each.

5 games in the league, 5 wins 21 goals scored +17 goal difference and lead 2nd placed chelsea by 5 points already.

Hopefully. I can't upgrade yet since I don't have enough money in the bank as I didn't win anything and just finished 2nd. But here's hoping this season I can win something.

Once you get in the champions league you'll start picking up more at the end of the season, though the team does need rebuilding. I focused on strikers in my second summer and this year two wingers. After that it'll just be little bits of tinkering so I wont be spending as much.

stevie: thats a good start, it usually takes until after Christmas for my strikers to hit some sort of form

Suarez is now on 12 goals in 6 appearances, a 16 year old niang is 2nd in the club scoring chats with 3 goals in 3 sub appearances and 4 different players on 2 goals each.

5 games in the league, 5 wins 21 goals scored +17 goal difference and lead 2nd placed chelsea by 5 points already.

Great start for you mate - hope it keeps going. Suarez needs to be on form for me this 2nd season as he's my only seasoned striker (although van Nistreelrooy will also be but he's mainly there for tutoring purposes) with 3 young up and coming strikers.

Once you get in the champions league you'll start picking up more at the end of the season, though the team does need rebuilding. I focused on strikers in my second summer and this year two wingers. After that it'll just be little bits of tinkering so I wont be spending as much.

stevie: thats a good start, it usually takes until after Christmas for my strikers to hit some sort of form

Sounds about right :). Just signing Hazard for £35m on £100k a week - has to be done in order to compete as Cavani signed for spurs for £24.5m and Hamsik went to Utd for £30m.

Team for the second season:

GK: Reina/Areola

LB: Enrique/Robinson/Mwbia (spelling)

RB: Vsraljko/Kelly/Mwbia (spelling)

CB: Coates/Agger/Mwbia/Carragher

DMC: Lucas/M'vila

MC: Anderson/Gerrard/Shelvey

AMR: Jairo/Kuyt/Suarez

AML: Downing/Suso/Suarez

AMC: Hazard/Andersen

ST: Suarez/Sanogo/Fierro/Niang/van Nistrelrooy (backup)

Another game, another hat-trick from luis suarez as im beating sunderland 4-0 top of the league after 8 games on 18 points

Suarez out for 3 months with hamstring issues, either carroll needs to step up or niang needs to develop quickly or my place at the top of the premiership will dissapear in the blink of an eye.

Another game, another hat-trick from luis suarez as im beating sunderland 4-0 top of the league after 8 games on 18 points

Suarez out for 3 months with hamstring issues, either carroll needs to step up or niang needs to develop quickly or my place at the top of the premiership will dissapear in the blink of an eye.

Question, what devil formation are you using to have Suarez that lethal? Hahaha

Summer activity season 3: I've told the board to upgrade the youth academy, the training academy and once again I've asked for the stadium to be expanded, though I don't expect that last one to happen, so I'll probably end up waiting until they decide to build a new one in 2000 and never. On top of that I've asked the board to find me another feeder club, and once again selected the option to increase revenue with another country. Last time I tried this they told me I could search for a club myself, but then turned down the Japanese team I selected so I've told them to do it for me. If they find one that'll give me two merchandising feeder clubs, and the one to get around EU permits since I've got a Belgian club on my list as well. The next one I'll go for is to improve my scouts knowledge, and then I'll just go through the list one at a time, my goal is to have a huge affiliate club web like Barcelona do to get the best players in the world when they're young.

Even though I've won two leagues in a row and one F.A. cup using my asymmetric 4-2-3-1 I've decided to swap to a 4-4-2, but keep the 4-2-3-1 for bigger teams. I dont think Liverpool were good enough to use a 4-4-2 properly before my third season for a few reasons; first they didn't have the strikers for it, that was taken care of when I bought Rossi, Rondon, Fierro and Flenley came through my youth intake to go along with Suarez. Second and most important, wingers. Liverpool in real life has been a graveyard for wingers all the way back toMcmanaman (spelling? I'll never get it right) but thats been taken care of too, Augusto, Sterling, Griezmann, Nangis, Oxdale Chamberlain and Lewis (my regen) have all boosted my wings to a level they were never at before.

Transfers

Out

Carroll 2.5 million - West Ham: I want him to do well in real life and that carried over to me giving him more chances in the game, but 15 goals in two seasons when he was playing over 30 matches per season was never going to be good enough. He just never seemed to find any vein of form for me, either as a target man in season one or an advanced forward in season two.

Carragher free transfer: Liverpool legend through and through, but also extremely limited defender. He played about 5 matches for me over two seasons, Agger and Skrtel are by far better players, Coates has more potential and Kelly could also play as a CB. I tried to make him a coach but he didn't want it, and I tried offering him a new one year deal, but for someone who would be lucky to play 10 games this season at best, the 90k per week he wanted off me was nothing short of a joke.

Adler 6 mill -Napoli: Annoying because I got him on a free the season before, but by October he was whining about not playing and yet when he got his chances he was rubbish.

Maxi 1.5 mill - Spurs

In

Antoine Griezmann 20 mill

Oxlade Chamberlain 7 mill: Arsenal had him as transfer listed, and lets be honest the kid should grow up to be a beast. Also he goes towards the English quota, and my numbers had dropped with Johnson and Carragher gone.

Martinez 2.5 mill - AC Milan Regen from the scouts report he should be as good as Pirlo.

I doubt I'll be playing tomorrow, exam revision and checking over my uni dissertation while looking for a job

Not even started pre season friendlies for season 2 and im already almost £40m in the red hahaaa.

Also, England won the Euros with Pearce as the manager - a sign?

LOL - was selling Bellamy and he injured Gerrard and Agger before he goes! LOL Only for a couple of days though.

I seriously can't wait for the summer (ingame), so I can try to offload a lot of my players (Kuyt, Carroll, Johnson, Downing, Agger, Suarez, Adam, Bellamy, Doni, Aquaman, Cole etc).. I have some sort of obsession with transforming a club at the beginning of the second season by bringing in talent who are on lower wages and can do the job just right.

If I get rid of all these players, I will have gotten rid of around £600k p/w wages and the players I'm planning on bringing in will only be around half of that. So all in all, I'll be under £1million/w wages by the time the season starts.

Why am I doing this time around? Because I am a big fan of the financial side of this game and without the Champion's League money and the - £60Million bank balance I'll probably have at the end of the season.. I'll probably not have as much to use in the transfer window in the summer. So an overhaul is needed.

Anyway, I'm playing Wigan next and after that is the youth intake, I'll have an update on that in a little bit. :)

2ee5665b6817d2e4ed91b061e1e4cec7.png?1333253420

Our last game was against ninth place Swansea, we went 1-0 down at half time and we won 5-1.

The overhaul next season will still happen and it may provide us with a more of a challenge going into the second season as if we keep on winning like this, it'll probably get a little boring.

Not even started pre season friendlies for season 2 and im already almost £40m in the red hahaaa.

Also, England won the Euros with Pearce as the manager - a sign?

LOL - was selling Bellamy and he injured Gerrard and Agger before he goes! LOL Only for a couple of days though.

Thats a little odd unless you went made on transfers, once the league is over you get about £16m for your position, and then £30-40m through your sponsors at the start of June :confused:

I seriously can't wait for the summer (ingame), so I can try to offload a lot of my players (Kuyt, Carroll, Johnson, Downing, Agger, Suarez, Adam, Bellamy, Doni, Aquaman, Cole etc).. I have some sort of obsession with transforming a club at the beginning of the second season by bringing in talent who are on lower wages and can do the job just right.

If I get rid of all these players, I will have gotten rid of around £600k p/w wages and the players I'm planning on bringing in will only be around half of that. So all in all, I'll be under £1million/w wages by the time the season starts.

Why am I doing this time around? Because I am a big fan of the financial side of this game and without the Champion's League money and the - £60Million bank balance I'll probably have at the end of the season.. I'll probably not have as much to use in the transfer window in the summer. So an overhaul is needed.

Anyway, I'm playing Wigan next and after that is the youth intake, I'll have an update on that in a little bit. :)

Yeah, I think Liverpool are one of the biggest big teams that needs an overhaul in this game. Too many players are on stupid money even though they're not good, Cole 90k a week to rot in the reserves? Aquilani 80k a week to be injured every time he plays? Now I've got my team nearly finished I'll have a lot more cash spare the end of each season because I wont be making a lot of transfer, or at least expensive ones

Just a update in the CC final against wigan & still in the Fa cup in the league 2nd behind Man city so looks like ill be in Europe in season 3 & champions league as well hate African cup of Nationss lost Doumbia to it whos scoring alot with Suarez

Just a update in the CC final against wigan & still in the Fa cup in the league 2nd behind Man city so looks like ill be in Europe in season 3 & champions league as well hate African cup of Nationss lost Doumbia to it whos scoring alot with Suarez

Hope you'll be able to keep it up and make the champions league, doesnt need to be said but thats were the money is for you

Thats a little odd unless you went made on transfers, once the league is over you get about £16m for your position, and then £30-40m through your sponsors at the start of June :confused:

Coz I didn't win anything last season so didn't have much money in the bank after season finished so only got TV rights and 2nd placed finish money but then I spent money on M'Vila (£15m), Otamendi (£13m) and Hazard (£35m) whilst getting rid of deadwoods like Carroll, Henderson, Adam, Skrtel, Wilson, etc. So now I'm £43m in the red already haha. Must win something this season.

Considering getting rid of Kuyt - £85k for someone who hardly plays that much? But he's a good tutor...

Yeah, I think Liverpool are one of the biggest big teams that needs an overhaul in this game. Too many players are on stupid money even though they're not good, Cole 90k a week to rot in the reserves? Aquilani 80k a week to be injured every time he plays? Now I've got my team nearly finished I'll have a lot more cash spare the end of each season because I wont be making a lot of transfer, or at least expensive ones

Cole being on 90k a week and being nowhere near good enough for the team is rather disgusting. Aquilani is actually quite decent but I have a lot of central midfielders already and much rather get rid of his wages.

There's also Jamie Carragher who's on 80k a week, which for a squad player is just absurd, but I understand him being on that amount. Plus he's a great tutor.

I'll be selling as much as I can, I will definitely be selling Kuyt and Bellamy as they didn't play much and were injured a lot (still got ten appearences though!)

I've got an end of season update coming up soon. Just played the final game against Bolton and going to just try something out in the transfer window first.

Cole being on 90k a week and being nowhere near good enough for the team is rather disgusting. Aquilani is actually quite decent but I have a lot of central midfielders already and much rather get rid of his wages.

There's also Jamie Carragher who's on 80k a week, which for a squad player is just absurd, but I understand him being on that amount. Plus he's a great tutor.

I'll be selling as much as I can, I will definitely be selling Kuyt and Bellamy as they didn't play much and were injured a lot (still got ten appearences though!)

I've got an end of season update coming up soon. Just played the final game against Bolton and going to just try something out in the transfer window first.

I let carragher go on a free in the second season, like you say 80k a week for someone who wont really play isn't good business sense. Neither is Aquilani, I dont think he's played two games in a row for me without becoming injured so he's rotting in my reserves until his contract expires this summer. Honestly I dont know what to do about Gerrard either, I'm in my third season, he's 4th choice centre mid behind lucas, henderson and shelvey with suso coming through, but he wont accept anything less than 110k a week for a one year extension. He's injured right now, and like carragher I can't see him getting that many games when he comes back either, he also wont accept a coaching role from me just yet, so it looks like he'll be gone on a free too unless someone buys him a month before his contract runs out

2011/12 Review

13e686afdf9470f10e6c73ecd8e3147b.png?1333301433

Well we won it. In style too. We did have a little drop in form at the end but that was due to me making sure that all of my players got that all important 10 appearances.

I am however not happy with how we played against Fulham and QPR (at home too!), it was like the side didn't really want to play anymore and I ended up with 8 players left on the pitch by the time QPR scored their second goal.

Else than that, I really have no complaints. We were defensively sound, usually going 3 or 4 games without conceding a goal.

Second half season results

Domestic Cups

We did the treble! And it seemed that it was all too easy in the cups. Although we did get quite lucky with the draws and this is where my future prospect players shined. I also gave Jamie Carragher some games to add some experience to the the young squad.

In the Carling Cup, it felt weird starting in the second round but we had an easy time (even with Spurs).

Carling Cup Results

We eventually faced Everton in the final in a very exciting encounter, I used a slightly more competitive squad (although with still some of the better players of the competition and we soundly beat them 3-1

In the FA cup, we had an even easier ride and only conceded one goal in the competition.

FA Cup Results

We then faced Blackburn in the final and it took me a while to choose my squad as I wasn't sure if I wanted a strong squad or give some experience to some of the players who played well in the competition. Anyway, we demolished Blackburn 3-0.

Players of the Season

3. Adam Johnson - I only bought Adam in the January transfer window after City had transfer listed him. I bought him solely to be my left winger as Downing was injury prone and Bellamy was out with a broken arm. I never expected him to perform THIS well though. 3 goals and a massive 25 assists (most of them from corners and near post crosses), has ensured that he has a place in the team for the next four or five seasons. His wage is a bit of a concern, but I didn't want to risk losing out on his signing so I just gave him what he wanted.

2. Pepe Reina and Luis Suarez - I couldn't decide between Suarez and Johnson but I decided to put him joint second with Reina. Suarez was injured in some parts of the season for a few games but when he came back he wasn't as good, but still played a vital role in the latter months of the season.

Pepe was tremendous and it's going to take a lot for Areola to get any sort of spot as the number 1 goalkeeper whilst he was around. 21 Clean sheets, 12 goals conceded in 32 games (Areola having the other 8 games due to giving him experience) is an amazing return.

1. Bashkim Kadrii - Who else? The most inspired bargain I ever signed in any game at a cool £1million. He goes on to score 39 goals in 38 games (I did play him as a ML at some points because of his versatility hence the decent contribution of assists). At the beginning of the season he was 1* CA 2.5* PA, now he's 2.5* CA and 3.5* PA which goes to show that scout reports aren't always what they seem.

Honorable mention goes to Jose Enrique, who was the engine of the team, completing 1800 + passes, completing 133 tackles and covered an amazing distance of 415kms, an average of over 10kms per 90 minutes. He is currently wanted by Real Madrid and Bayern, but I am going to try my best to keep him.

Awards

Impressive haul of awards, especially having six of the 11 in the Premier League team of the year.

FWA Footballer of the Year

Golden Boot

Golden Glove Winner

Manager of the Season

PFA Premier League Team of the Year.

Thoughts for the future

Despite the performance of the team, an overhaul is needed. We are £42 million in the red because of lack of Champion's League football and a lot of our players are vastly overpaid. I will be selling off a lot of my squad players and bring in players who are equally as good but are younger and on less wages.

I will also be looking to bring a couple of players into the first team squad like Joel Valencia, Raheem Sterling, Moisés and Guiseppe Prestia who were very impressive in the under 18's last season.

I had one very good prospect come through the youth intake too, a LB with 3.5* potential although he does seem extremely raw at the moment.

I was going to list some of the transfers I've already made but I'll do that in the pre-season review, I think.

selling José Manuel Reina to Man City for £39.5M and bringing in Carlos Idriss Kameni for £1.9M. Ouefio is now old enough to start in Champions League games too so both players are going to function on a rotation basis.

looking to offload Carragher. he's moaning about not getting first team football so i promised to offload him and then when i offered him out he said he didn't want to leave and was determined to end his career at Liverpool but still wants to be sold... no idea what to do. tempted to terminate his contract because his huge wage is a pain.

going to try and sell Johnson at the end of the season because Flanagan is already better and Johnson is a huge leech on my wage budget... considering getting rid of Carroll, Downing and Henderson. my problem with that is that Downing is quality and the other two are promising players, but they're all huge leeches and Downing is quite old. I have Ait Fana and will probably look towards bringing in someone else anyway (for free or for a small fee who is quality).

my finance side of the game has been fantastic. I'm currently at (£28.5M) for my net transfer spend and it's going to become more like £60M after Reina goes... I'm enjoying this save a lot.

just got knocked out of the Champions League... got 11 points but it wasn't enough to get me through, unbelievably. lost out on head-to-head with PSG because we drew 3-3 in Liverpool but 1-1 in Paris. absolutely unbelievable, can't believe we missed out...

I suppose I deserve that for getting rid of Reina, but I'm sure Ouefio will make up for it by being amazing for the next 20 years, so I'm not too bothered in all. I can still win the Europa League, I'm sure.

been a busy January for me so far...

In:

Thibaut Courtois - £4.1M

Carlos Kameni - £1.9M

André Ayew - £15.75M

Erik Lamela - £4.8M (edit)

Out:

Jose Reina - £39.5M

Stewart Downing - £15M

Jordan Henderson - £1.2M (loan)

Jamie Carragher - Free

I'm also trying to bring in Erik Lamela for £4.8M from Roma and Marek Hamsik for £19M from Napoli (both transfer listed).

my total transfer dealings for this season (not including Lamela and Hamsik, of course) stands like this:

In - £42.5M

Out - £103M

pretty incredible in my opinion.

since I brought in Courtois I will probably get rid of Kameni in the summer. I had already signed Kameni when Courtois became available. I suppose it's not too important which one I have as Ouefio is still going to be my starter regardless, but hey ho, too much quality in one position is rarely a bad thing.

EDIT: Hamsik chose Milan over me... no idea why considering they've signed 3 of my players this season and are functioning like a crap version of me. Lamela (who I really want as he's highly promising, is a wonderkid and is a great replacement for Gerrard when he retires) has agreed to sign for me but I've had to appeal his work permit after it was turned down. I hope he gets it on appeal because I don't want to miss out on him.

he got it on appeal :D

just been knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round by Man City... dominated the first tie with 68% possession and 5 CCCs but drew 1-1 and I've just lost 2-0 at the Etihad after 90 minutes of being dominated... if I don't win the League/Europa League I'd regard this season as a failure, to be honest. I've gone out of three competitions far too early and I'm very unhappy about it.

I have Rangers in the Europa League so I'll coast by them, hopefully... the league is a two-horse race between myself and Man City. After they beat me in Manchester earlier this season they moved ahead of me so they're 1 point ahead of my at the top after 22 (i think) games. My GD is far superior though.

been a busy January for me so far...

In:

Thibaut Courtois - £4.1M

Carlos Kameni - £1.9M

André Ayew - £15.75M

Erik Lamela - £4.8M (edit)

Out:

Jose Reina - £39.5M

Stewart Downing - £15M

Jordan Henderson - £1.2M (loan)

Jamie Carragher - Free

I'm also trying to bring in Erik Lamela for £4.8M from Roma and Marek Hamsik for £19M from Napoli (both transfer listed).

my total transfer dealings for this season (not including Lamela and Hamsik, of course) stands like this:

In - £42.5M

Out - £103M

pretty incredible in my opinion.

since I brought in Courtois I will probably get rid of Kameni in the summer. I had already signed Kameni when Courtois became available. I suppose it's not too important which one I have as Ouefio is still going to be my starter regardless, but hey ho, too much quality in one position is rarely a bad thing.

EDIT: Hamsik chose Milan over me... no idea why considering they've signed 3 of my players this season and are functioning like a crap version of me. Lamela (who I really want as he's highly promising, is a wonderkid and is a great replacement for Gerrard when he retires) has agreed to sign for me but I've had to appeal his work permit after it was turned down. I hope he gets it on appeal because I don't want to miss out on him.

he got it on appeal :D

just been knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round by Man City... dominated the first tie with 68% possession and 5 CCCs but drew 1-1 and I've just lost 2-0 at the Etihad after 90 minutes of being dominated... if I don't win the League/Europa League I'd regard this season as a failure, to be honest. I've gone out of three competitions far too early and I'm very unhappy about it.

I have Rangers in the Europa League so I'll coast by them, hopefully... the league is a two-horse race between myself and Man City. After they beat me in Manchester earlier this season they moved ahead of me so they're 1 point ahead of my at the top after 22 (i think) games. My GD is far superior though.

I wouldn't have put Henderson on loan, he's played nearly every match for me and I'm three seasons in. He does well in a centre mid role

Archived