A Message On Football Manager 2012 Activation

Both are illegal activities as they bypass the copy protection and alter the exe.

The latter is a grey area as people may pay for the game, keep it but use NOCD crack for convenience.

So the figures quoted by Sega include the NOCD crack situation for people who buy and keep the game.

I'd love to see stats comparing people who bought the game legally to those who downloaded it illegally.

I think I've just proved that Sega have been creative with their statistics figures.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Consider this.

Don't you feel like you are in some way encouraging people to illegally download the game? Seeing as a lot of people really, really don't want to use Steam and I am sure that some group will release a version of FM that does not require one to use Steam?

Not that I am advocating it, of course.

The latter is a grey area as people may pay for the game, keep it but use NOCD crack for convenience.

So the figures quoted by Sega include the NOCD crack situation for people who buy and keep the game.

I'd love to see stats comparing people who bought the game legally to those who downloaded it illegally.

I think I've just proved that Sega have been creative with their statistics figures.

It's not a grey area at all.

Or you could use this thread to discuss it. Another thread isn't needed.

Yes, I agree with you on that one.

But what about the poll? When you closed the thread, you closed the poll as well.

Do you really think the benefits of having the discussion in one place (this thread), outweigh the bad feeling created by closing the poll?

I wasn't creating another thread, I was creating a poll. I will try once more so you can ring the death gong over freedom of speech finally and terribly!

And it will also be closed - it will just be another thread containing the exact same opinions by the exact same users involved in this thread. It would just be superfluous.

Consider this.

Don't you feel like you are in some way encouraging people to illegally download the game? Seeing as a lot of people really, really don't want to use Steam and I am sure that some group will release a version of FM that does not require one to use Steam?

Not that I am advocating it, of course.

Sega and SI encourage the circumvention of trademark holders' rights. I.e, LNC fix. Whilst they don't like it talked about on here they seem to continue the implementation of the circumvention in the game by allowing a few files to be changed in a folder. Very convenient that. Hypocrites. It's purposely implemented to allow such change.

I wasn't creating another thread, I was creating a poll. I will try once more so you can ring the death gong over freedom of speech finally and terribly!

That will not be helpful.

It is.

It's distorting a statistic.

Once again I'd like to know the statistics of people who bought the game against people who downloaded illegally. People who use NOCD cracks on their paid game should not be included as it distorts the statistic, rather conveniently.

And it will also be closed - it will just be another thread containing the exact same opinions by the exact same users involved in this thread. It would just be superfluous.

No it would not. It would allow the people who didn't get to express their opinion before the other thread was closer to do so.

It kind of is.... I can't cite anything, but I vaguely remember there being a right that you are allowed to make copies of installed software for your own use and archival purposes only.

If you just mount a .iso of your game disk, effectively it's a No-CD crack, but also one of those archival methods.

can you add a poll to this thread?

ask the right question aswell.

With the STEAM activation method, Will you be purchasing football manager 2012?

Yes

No

My laptop cant access the internet. iv messed around with settings and im not the best with computers and i dnt know how to fix it.

I cant afford for someone to sort it for me. WHAT AM I MEANT TO DO??

Iv bought the game every year since champ man started

Tell me how this is fair please

My laptop cant access the internet. iv messed around with settings and im not the best with computers and i dnt know how to fix it.

I cant afford for someone to sort it for me. WHAT AM I MEANT TO DO??

Iv bought the game every year since champ man started

Tell me how this is fair please

Maybe use the computer you are on now?

As I've said in the new poll thread (which may yet be closed) I'm not sure a new poll will be much use now.

When the poll started the issue was fresh. Since then, I suspect some people have moved on from this board. Hence, I'm not sure a new poll would be representative.

The damage has been done by SI. Not only have they upset their customers on this board with the compulsory Steam activation, they've alienated people by closing a poll that quantified their opinions. In both instances, they've demonstrated, IMO, that they really don't care about their customers or this community at all.

We're only looking for people to provide rational reasons for why steam is a bad thing. While you have some in this forum who make a good case for why it is a bad thing most of it stems from the simple human resistance to change.

and those reasons have been provided by intelligent users (inc several mods) already in the thread, what should be even more concerning to SI/Sega is that a lot of these users already use Steam.

If well respected members of the forum who are experienced PC/FM/Steam users are telling you its a bad idea then the alarm bells should be ringing but I suspect those that made this decision aren't really interested in those opinions and probably won't even look in this forum.

He paid for the game, he should be able to install it on whichever PC he wishes.

PS he may not be using his own pc at the moment (Im not) or he may be posting from his mobile.

Should really of thought about that, sorry. My fault!

In that case, he/you make a damn good point.

OK then so i downloaded this steam, and for over half an hour trying to register a new account all i get is this

errorpb.png

looks like i won't be playing FM12 this year

Haha this made me laugh, as if I needed any more persuading, I definititely wont be using Steam- I tried it for 09 and was not impressed. Cue all those pro Steam jumping to depend it.

We're only looking for people to provide rational reasons for why steam is a bad thing. While you have some in this forum who make a good case for why it is a bad thing most of it stems from the simple human resistance to change.

What about people who object on principle? Why are you personally looking for people to provide what you consider to be rational reasons?

Also I have seen some people trashed for saying they have used Steam and didn't like it, why should they provide you with a detailed explanation of their experience? I believe you when you say you have only positive experiences with Steam, why aren't people who express the opposite given the same respect?

I think people expected FM2012 to be the same format as last year, remember they went to having a DVD in the drive to play the game after Steam proved to be a nightmare, more costly and unpopular, strange they have reverted to steam only, the decision has taken people by surprise and thus players of the game, like myself, are not happy with the decision.

But this thread is not about that is it

Irrelevant, not worth creating a new thread just to say that.

Not sure we will this time round. I think SI's actions have killed a great deal of the enthusiasm.

Im sure they have, i do see the advantages of their decision but i do not agree with the path they have took. I can understand it, but i do not support it.

Archived