Football Manager Live

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original OFA is where it was at. The Overnight Football Association was themed each season.

First season was Crystal Maze theme so we had Ocean League, Futuristic Cup etc

Second season was Aztec God theme with Tepozticatl Premiership etc...

Shame we never actually got to play any matches because there wasn't enough entrants so we all had to rejoin the MFA again.

As much as a few of us really enjoyed it, there are no plans to bring it back as it stands. Sorry - it's not as simple as just throwing up a server - sorting out hardware, maintenance, licensing costs etc just don't really make sense unless you can get to certain economies of scale.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

There were licensing costs for the regen only worlds?

I completely agree here. There has been zero development in that area for at least a couple of years, and to actually make FM work over the internet, you have to install Hamachi. That cant be right.

I could partly understand the lack of development when FML was in production, as SI/Sega would compete with themselves. But now that FML is dead and buried and never to be resurected, SI should dedicate the resources to at least making it possible to play a network game over the internet, at a speed that is acceptable. No lag or need for 3rd party programs should be a min. specification.

You do not need to install Hamachi to play FM Online.

Here is the link to Ov's thread in FMO about how to improve FM Online.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/266395-How-can-we-improve-the-network-game-of-FM?daysprune=-1

FML was a much better game than FM retail versions.

It wasn't bogged down with heavy choices of procedures in running your club or playing the marches.

Simplicity was great and it was actually fun.

The community was brilliant in the GW and there was always something to do.

SI failed to advertise the game properly and it was always had a lack of direction.

Now FM13 will be out soon maybe it's about time they included a dedicated server option so you can play FM across the wide world web and not a naff LAN connection.

It's 2012 and the Internet gaming is booming plus FM needs to do something to entice people back and the dedicated server could be the idea which improves FM instead of the yearly updates of info you get in each update.

Sega aren't exactly known for their successful marketing campaigns.

Even when they did finally push the boat out and advertise the hell out of Bayonetta, no-one bought it anyway meaning they probably won't push the boat out again.

Shame really, it's a great game.

You do not need to install Hamachi to play FM Online.

Here is the link to Ov's thread in FMO about how to improve FM Online.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/266395-How-can-we-improve-the-network-game-of-FM?daysprune=-1

Maybe I have a blurry vision but I fail to see what besides the opening post of that thread, tells us about their commitment to making the internet play better.

It really really sucks, they have acknowledged that in the past. But as they have chosen to link FM so close to Steam, why now have the opportunity to play a game vs friends via steam. Instead of having to fight with pretty advanced router setup.

Maybe I have a blurry vision but I fail to see what besides the opening post of that thread, tells us about their commitment to making the internet play better.

It really really sucks, they have acknowledged that in the past. But as they have chosen to link FM so close to Steam, why now have the opportunity to play a game vs friends via steam. Instead of having to fight with pretty advanced router setup.

they had this on XBOX version of FM they should had make it to the PC version aswell

I'd love FM Live to comeback! It's probably the best game I've played tbh and prefer it over the normal FM.

Hopefully it may come back one day. Maybe start with one gameworld and instead of having a three/four month subscription fee make it 12 months so people will play the game in the long run and the serious people will join because it's a higher price for longer time. Then if it is going well do another gameworld. I'm sure there is at least enough ex-diehard football manager live fans who would play it again and if it makes money then worth doing.

Plus you can also still buy FM Live and I was going to this week but it's a good job I checked here and had my hopes dashed.

Bring back FM Live!

I'd love FM Live to comeback! It's probably the best game I've played tbh and prefer it over the normal FM.

Hopefully it may come back one day. Maybe start with one gameworld and instead of having a three/four month subscription fee make it 12 months so people will play the game in the long run and the serious people will join because it's a higher price for longer time. Then if it is going well do another gameworld. I'm sure there is at least enough ex-diehard football manager live fans who would play it again and if it makes money then worth doing.

Bring back FM Live!

i know its only a game but i made allot of online gaming friends playing FML. We run a network game on a Sunday with FM which is great fun but i miss the accessibility of FML. I could come home from shift log on for 10 mins and have a blether, i could be up late after everyone was in bed and chill out and log on and you would have people online , the fact you could mold your team you could sit and chat. The community sold it for me along with a game that i was and still am a fan of.

UFL is a game made by former-FML players who are trying to recreate the FML feel. Has been in the works since about a week after FML was announced that it was shutting down.

i would be up for this, i wonder if Si would ever release the ME if they knew it as going to a dedicated fm fan base ;)

FML was the best game ever - never has a game caused so much emotion - I could be dancing round the room one match then wanting to fling my mouse around the room in annoyance the following game. The ability to just log on in seconds and have a quick match. Checking my mails every four weeks to see how successful my transfer bids were. Building the youth teams. The community. Oh, I really do miss it.

Threads like this are important - it helps let SI know that there is still a demand out there for it - and looking at it, quite a big one. True, there are other management sims out there, but SI still have that important ME which set the game apart.

Please one day bring this back....

Just seen this link which is interesting http://www.fmscout.com/a-sports-interactive-now-hiring.html

Mentions from SI themselves that as well as FMO, they have plans for other football management titles too! Also mentions they have a bit of cash in the kitty so hopefully something for us in the UK

Of course, it's a shame there's a need to develop a new game when there's a perfectly good one already made, with a massive fan base... unless they have any plans to revamp FML of course.

And of course if SI need a year or two to plug the gap before our next UK treat (just being presumptious from their statement), we'll all be more than happy with gold old FML! I still think it would be a real cash cow - a relaunch would be massive bucks - retention obviously would be the problem but if we all got together to promote it and advertise it properly ourselves, the skies the limit....maybe they wouldn't need a new title after all ! And maybe retention would be ok, the game had just about got to a perfect state when it was turned off, so maybe people would hang around longer.

Please SI, use some of your surplus cash to treat us, your loyal old FML fans!!!!

And of course if SI need a year or two to plug the gap before our next UK treat (just being presumptious from their statement), we'll all be more than happy with gold old FML! I still think it would be a real cash cow - a relaunch would be massive bucks - retention obviously would be the problem

Not if FM Live was one gameworld only, then gameworlds couldn't die.

Been missing FML a fair bit recently... I'm playing a lot of FM iat the moment but it is just far too easy in comparison. I'm still rocking with my old FML tactics and philosophy! Plus i have nothing to rage about any more ;)

Same here, FML was the perfect outlet for my rage, now i just keep it all bottled up inside which can't be healthy, SI are literally damaging my health by not giving us FML back :(

I miss it so much, I'm travelling to Martinique to set up my own youth academy, just like I had in FML.

...as soon as I can work out where Martinique is.

Hahahaha I remember my Youth Academy in Vutalu :D A country that has a land area of 26km square :D

I've only just discovered this thread and UFL in the last 20 minutes but it's already getting those FML juices flowing again and I'll definitely be chipping in for the project.

Weirdly I found it when reminiscing. I went into the Francescoli members group on steam. Then saw Scally was online and clicked on him which said he was a member of the Miller group on Steam, clicked on that and received a link to this thread, so nice work Abz ;)

Rob.

Basically FML is the main reason why i wanted to find out my login details so i could make a comment on this thread...

Absolutely loved the game, and played it endlessly, would definately love it to come back no matter the cost....even though i wasn't that good at it, i never left and wanted to play on to try and make my club a force...

Basically FML is the main reason why i wanted to find out my login details so i could make a comment on this thread...

Absolutely loved the game, and played it endlessly, would definately love it to come back no matter the cost....even though i wasn't that good at it, i never left and wanted to play on to try and make my club a force...

The same reason for everyone hahahaha :D

Archived