The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that was if you bought it before the end of March I think. (edit: just checked, you had to buy them before the 31st March :/)

it was £512 after the early deadline.

True, but I like buying programs at away games. :D

I don't buy them at home no more, only on rare games.

Yeah, we always end up having a few beers before the game, and on the way home when the coach stop at the services, we can't help but buy something to eat, even at the ott prices. :(

mccormack is top of the goal scorers chart with 6 :cool:

mccormack 6

emnes 5

lambert 5

Jukebox doing pretty well to average 1 in 2 atm (3 from 6) considering the very small amount of chances we create in a game currently. Really do worry what will happen if he get's injured (or loaned out to Middlesbrough) as basically all our attacking play involves him.

I just don't know what I'd do with myself on a Saturday afternoon if I didn't go to Cov games. Always feels a bit weird and lost when we play on a Friday/Sunday/Monday instead or have an early/late kick off on the Saturday.

I used to think this when I was a Student. I sometimes think it now, but I just know I cant afford to go to the games. Especially when most grounds want to charge £30+. I enjoy my season ticket and going to the occasional away game but i couldn't do every game these days. It helped when I was younger than I had a mate whos Dad went to every game and had a company car. So free travel was perfect. The season in Europe was just amazing aswell. I'm just going to accept the fact that wont happen again for a long time.

Oh and some of our fans are calling for Cotterills head now. I'm tempted by the idea but considering 5 of the top 8 we have played in our first 7 games, so judging him on that is stupid imo. It's the aids football, the indiscipline and playing players out of position that is getting on my tits.

I used to think this when I was a Student. I sometimes think it now' date=' but I just know I cant afford to go to the games. Especially when most grounds want to charge £30+. I enjoy my season ticket and going to the occasional away game but i couldn't do every game these days. It helped when I was younger than I had a mate whos Dad went to every game and had a company car. So free travel was perfect. The season in Europe was just amazing aswell. I'm just going to accept the fact that wont happen again for a long time.

Oh and some of our fans are calling for Cotterills head now. I'm tempted by the idea but considering 5 of the top 8 we have played in our first 7 games, so judging him on that is stupid imo. It's the aids football, the indiscipline and playing players out of position that is getting on my tits.[/quote']

Yeah I really do worry they'll be a time when I just wont be able to afford to go to many games so I'm just making sure I enjoy it while I can!

Good win today. We win when we play badly and lose when we play well. I feel much more optimistic about the season now that Rosco is banging them in. SG has realise he needs a strike parnter. Definitley a red card, but my dad, and MInster Fm say that it was outside the box. Absolutely awful penalty from Maynard, who is almost certainly not a lone striker. The first time we've scored from a Leigh Bromby throw in since we signed him 2 years ago. Screamer from Kilkenny, who started the game well but reverted back to how he used to play at Elland Road(Awful).

Third 1-0 on the bounce for Hull City today. Pompey were poor.

Didnt see the red but from what ive heard it was harsh.

Odd team for Pompey with what i though a right back / right mid in Halford lining up at DC and a DC trying to play left back. We were very pleased to note Lawrence was suspended as he has played a blinder on every occasion he has played at the KC.

Team now starting to gel and I cannot wait for Cameron Stewart to get back to fitness in October as he was real quality last season

They should sack Steve and bring in Dave Jones, I'm sure he'll keep you comfortably in the Championship Sebs, and bring you excitement!

To be honest, I'd rather not.

I quite like the football I've seen under Steve McClaren this season, its just the one main difference between our defending this season and last season is luck. A lot of the goals we've conceded this season, weren't conceded last season a lot of the time due to us being very lucky at times. How many times last season did we find ourselves under the cosh for 90 minutes, yet still wandered away with a 1-0 victory?

I've been quiet on the entire Doughty/Arthur situation at Forest, as I've been trying to take stock of everything thats been going on in the past 6 months or so.

To be honest, I've had a couple of run ins with Mark Arthur, stemming back to 2004 in North America when I was advised by a then member of the coaching staff to leave him alone, as punching his lights out wouldn't achieve the aims of what the 'fans' wanted from him (which even back then was his resignation). We're on about a guy, who was appointed CEO of the Football Club, on the back of meeting Nigel Doughty at Trent Bridge during a Test Match. The fortunes of Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club changed beyond recognition when he left, winning the County Championship within 3 years of his departure.

I can see Doughtys principles of the FFP idea, but theres a lot of stuff that I think needs to be looked at before then.

I'm now off to get drunk, I'm at work at 6:30 in the morning, but I don't really care this evening.

MLG - What can you tell me about Kyle Davies?

Are you signing him or something? Left to look for some football around 18/19 and by all accounts has done quite well in the US. Captain of his team and on the verge of the national team I think?

Any chance of Cotterill still being around in December?

Are you signing him or something? Left to look for some football around 18/19 and by all accounts has done quite well in the US. Captain of his team and on the verge of the national team I think?

Captian of his team? Nah, just joined Toronto FC who I follow, was at LA before but didn't play. Never played a lot of games but TFC have awful CB's. Very much doubt he's near the US team as well :D

Cotterill - Really not sure, if results carry on then no. If you look at our first 11 we should be much higher. Should bring back Avram!

Bugger me, another away win for Boro. And top of the table :)

No gloating, i'm not jinxing this :D ... Ipswich at home on Saturday then big test v Leicester at The Riverside.

Really can't understand anyone calling for a manager's head after 8 games. Maybe if a few of these Forest fans causing the negativity around the club got behind the team the atmosphere might be a little calmer and the players might actually start playing for the manager. McClaren is a good manager and 8 games at Forest doesn't change that. Give the man time ffs.

Captian of his team? Nah, just joined Toronto FC who I follow, was at LA before but didn't play. Never played a lot of games but TFC have awful CB's. Very much doubt he's near the US team as well :D

Ah fair do's. No idea why I thought that then. :D

Really can't understand anyone calling for a manager's head after 8 games. Maybe if a few of these Forest fans causing the negativity around the club got behind the team the atmosphere might be a little calmer and the players might actually start playing for the manager. McClaren is a good manager and 8 games at Forest doesn't change that. Give the man time ffs.

Can only agree.

Theres a certain 'element' of Forest fans who are more than willing to slag McClaren off for anything he does. One lad who sits behind me gave him a hell of a lot of abuse pre kick off because he didn't agree with the starting line up.

I don't agree with one person being at the club. This isn't the chairman, manager or any of the playing staff..

Can anyone suggest a decent cure for a massive hangover?. The bottle of vodka went down easier than first anticipated...

Another win today. :cool: 3 pretty good goals, a penalty and 4 different scorers. Didn't even think we were that good but we were clinical.

Top of the league again...Good times!

Oh and as MLG said in the Southampton thread, watching Lallana run rings around Carr at the end was epic!

Been up in Blackpool for the weekend. Absolutely annihilated them but a wonder strike saved them.

Praying we stick with this new formation. Kiss and Gunnarsson in the middle were superb. Took a lot of pressure off the defence. It allows Whittingham to do what he's good at too. Sit behind the strikers and pull strings all day.

Read a lot of comments that "Miller is crap" etc, which is complete rubbish too. He needs a goal, that's all. Does hell of a lot for the team.

Blackpool though.....what an absolute **** hole. Even the rats have ****ing overalls....

He should have had that hattrick now mate. At least you're creating some chances now.

I see the Ipswich crowd are their usual quiet selves, 2-0 and they still don't sing (apart from 1 rendition of 'if you all hate Norwich'), I know I am biased but they really are dreadful fans.

Archived