The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

Yeah I feel a bit embarrassed when Appy talks about us like we're a big fish "People will want to play for the biggest team in League one". I guess he's selling the club to players at that level who would come to us and wouldn't be paid very much.

Just odd turning up to grounds, where we used to go for nice summer Friendlies. Crawley ffs :D

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha.. we're already building for next season with Izale McLeod. Bottom of League two' date=' to the biggest club in League one. :cool:

I fear for Donny tbh, I don't think they'll be back in the Championship anytime soon. Infact I think the league will be quite easy to get out of. Especially for clubs like Huddersfield and MK Dons. 3 clubs coming down all with money problems and tbf all three could have points deductions during the season. It won't be as strong as it has been the last few years.[/quote']

Just noticed this bit. Aren't you still under transfer embargo? Not going to bite on the biggest club bit :D

We need to sign some pacey players, more game-changers and more quality. We need more solid backup players too.

Evaluation for next season:

David Marshall - solid keeper KEEP

Tom Heaton - Wonderful backup to have but out of contract in the summer, sad to see him leave, will have many sniffing I'm sure LEAVE

Elliot Parish - Who? Never played, I trust in Malky though KEEP

Kevin McNaughton - Solid, very poor distribution, hasn't been at his best but hopeful he'll stay for his 7th season I believe KEEP

Paul Quinn - Decent, but never plays, injured and time for him to leave LEAVE

Darcy Blake - Really unsure, so much hope but only seen glimpses, will he ever prove his best, could argue he hasn't been given a fair chance KEEP

Dekel Keinan - Decent again, but never featured, unfair on him, time to move on sadly LEAVE

Anthony Gerrard - Again can be decent, bit of a clown and has a stinking attitude, want him out LEAVE

Mark Hudson - Possibly his best season at the club, has 1 year left, then I think it'll be time to go, we'll see. KEEP

Ben Turner - Very solid, can be caught out but very strong, pacey and key player KEEP

Andrew Taylor - In my opinion the weak point of our defence, has good games, good going forward but positioning e.e first leg is poor KEEP

Lee Naylor - Donkey last year, played well in his one league game this season but again getting old and not good enough LEAVE

Aaron Wildig - Promotion with Shrewsbury but don't think he's good enough LEAVE

Don Cowie -Dosen't provide much threat out wide, far prefer him centre midfield role, runs and runs but dosen't make a big difference usually KEEP

Craig Conway - Had mixed spells, bit of misfortune and some stand out moments, has a spark in him, hope he proves himself next year KEEP

Kadeem Harris - Not played, youngster signed in January, perhaps send him out on loan but could be featuring often next year, exciting. KEEP

Joe Ralls - Interesting, had a big run in the first team, showed class but showed his age too, not featured much recently, could be big for us next year. KEEP

Peter Whittingham - Absolute class, playing 50+games consecutively in centre mid takes its toll, please don't leave KEEP

Aron Gunnarsson - Classy yet inconsistent, younger than he seems KEEP

Filip Kiss - Slovakian U21 Captain, potential, but not had a run, interesting prospect, think weve got him permanently now KEEP

Solomon Taiwo - Not sure if he's still alive, but if he is please please leave LEAVE

Liam Lawrence - Showed positive signs towards the run in, experienced, could be costy though KEEP

Stephen McPhail - Relaxes the team but dosen't often change games, tough season for him but valuable to the team it seems KEEP

Kenny Miller - Glimpses of class but on the whole absolute **** because of his wages and age etc, don't think he's had the right service in front of goal but there we go LEAVE

Rudy Gestede - Don't agree with our fans giving him stick, mixture of a season but certainly a threat, feel there's more to come KEEP

Robert Earnshaw - Feel a bit for Earnie and don't think he was Malky's signing but don't think he's good enough :( LEAVE

Joe Mason - Classy player but tends to go missing in some games, next season might be massive for him KEEP

Jon Parkin - Legend but again not good enough and has a big bill I imagine LEAVE

Nat Jarvis - Probably won't be good enough, send him out on loan LEAVE

Think that's it, C'MON Bluebirds!! More pace, wingers, a 20 goal a season striker along with Mason, capable backup, one more central midfielder, a CB capable of competing with Turner and Hudson, possibly a better left back and more younglings, as well as masterstroke loanees, yeah not asking for much!!!!

Reckon everyone should do one of those. Always interesting to see what other fans think of their teams.

I would do one but I wouldn't want to upset Chris :( Though I reckon I can talk about Cov in here until the season is over/the fixtures are out/we get moved to the League 1 section on the BBC website :D

So Gunnar's been very inconsistent for you as well? Was pretty much his main flaw with us and definitely the think keeping him from being a premier league player, sort of thing you think he'd improve with age though as he's still actually pretty young. Pretty much was our consistent part of our first 11 from when we signed him at 19 and he seemed like such a good player in his first season (POTY over Westwood/Dann/Fox) it's easy to forgot he's still young.

Reckon everyone should do one of those. Always interesting to see what other fans think of their teams.

I would do one but I wouldn't want to upset Chris :( Though I reckon I can talk about Cov in here until the season is over/the fixtures are out/we get moved to the League 1 section on the BBC website :D

It's fine if it's about your time in the Championship, not future in L1 as you and BBC were discussing :brock:

Depends on what they do with their squad. In terms of fanbase no bigger than a host of teams in the league.

Seems the Hibs fans all think James McPake is the best thing since sliced bread and what him signed up ASAP, guy is our 4th/5th choice CB and it shows just how bad the SPL is :D

So Gunnar's been very inconsistent for you as well? Was pretty much his main flaw with us and definitely the think keeping him from being a premier league player, sort of thing you think he'd improve with age though as he's still actually pretty young. Pretty much was our consistent part of our first 11 from when we signed him at 19 and he seemed like such a good player in his first season (POTY over Westwood/Dann/Fox) it's easy to forgot he's still young.

I woudn't say very inconsistent, slightly would be fair. He has been outstanding in some, key in others, stable in some but then dosen't show up in some, and when he dosen't turn up we tend to do worse, at his best he's a hell of a player though! Hope his consistency improves next year when he'll turn 23 I believe !

I'm unsure about Blackburn next season, their main players will surely leave and the squad their left with really isn't that good, we comfortably beat their first/reserves with Kiss and Gerrard playing etc, Wolves I'm worried about. I don't think next years will be as hard as this year's though.

I want to do one

Lee Camp - Good keeper when he wants to be, but towards the end of last season and most of this he's not been good. He's also a nutter. LEAVE

Paul Smith - Good backup to have but as he's out of contract he'll probably be off looking for first team football. LEAVE

Karl Darlow - Our third choice and best prospect. According to Rob, if Camp leaves he'll be first choice. Hopefully he's as good as Rob says. I'd like to see him given a chance as I think he's decent. KEEP

Dimitar Evmitov - Another young keeper who Rob has said is decent. KEEP

Ben Gathercole - Another young keeper who may or may not be good enough. His wages must not be that high. KEEP

Chris Gunter - I'd like him to stay, but if we get a good enough offer I'd let him go. KEEP

Brendan Moloney - Good player and good back up. KEEP

Kieron Freeman - According to some people he's been great at County. The fact that he can play left back as well means he has to stay. KEEP

Luke Chambers - A good player when he wants to be but he wasn't as good as he was the season before. It seems his already prepared himself to leave so let him. LEAVE

Joel Lynch - Another decent player. I'd like him to stay as he could improve next season. KEEP

Jamaal Lascelles - Possibly one of the great youth team players to come out of our youth academy for years. I'd love us to keep him and have him and Lynch form the spine of our defence for a few seasons. KEEP

Paul Anderson - Good player on his day, but usually average. Not really done enough this season to earn/warrant a new contract. LEAVE

Garath McCleary - I'd love him to stay if he can replicate his form from last season. He looks like he'll be off though. KEEP

Jonathan Greening - An experienced player, seemed to be injured alot but showed some decent signs. I don't like his hair and he must be on high wages. LEAVE

Guy Moussi - The guy is a legend but isn't that good. If he went lots of fans would be upset. If he can be more consistent then he'd be great. KEEP

Lewis McGugan - Inconsistant, probably a sellable asset in our team. So if the right offer came along that enabled us to improve our squad. LEAVE

George Boateng - Useless and high wages. LEAVE

Radi Majewski - A good player on his day. He needs confidence so if he can get that he'd be amazing. KEEP

Andy Reid - Showed some good quality towards the end of last season. I'd like him to stay. KEEP

Chris Cohen - Hopefully he comes back and wants to stay and has the same passion and determination. KEEP

Dexter Blackstock - Great player, has passion and with a full pre-season could be lethal next season. KEEP

Robbie Findley - If he can stay fit and get a run of games I reckon he could be a great player for us. KEEP

Marcus Tudgay - Decent player and I'd like him to stay. KEEP

Ishmael Miller - Useless and high wages. LEAVE

David McGoldrick - Where's he been? Useless though. LEAVE

Marlon Harewood - Got to go, too old. LEAVE

Matt Derbyshire - Not that good, can't score and has been injured alot. Must be on high wages as well. LEAVE

So, for next season currently that would leave us with 16 players plus any youngsters that are good enough. I can't see us adding much to that squad next season and can see us being the new Coventry. Sorry G-Man :(.

Sounds like he's already improved on his consistency then this season. Tbh I always find he plays best when he's frequently involved in the game and doesn't have to think about what he's doing but instead plays by instinct, when he's on the fringes or is getting too much time on the ball he starts to overthink things and make poor decisions.

Sounds like he's already improved on his consistency then this season. Tbh I always find he plays best when he's frequently involved in the game and doesn't have to think about what he's doing but instead plays by instinct, when he's on the fringes or is getting too much time on the ball he starts to overthink things and make poor decisions.

Completely agree, seems to be better when having to do quick-timed decisions, when having too much time he can play a few stray/sloppy passes, his long-throw is vital for us as well and has contributed to so many goals this season, that alone makes him a key player:D

P.S G-Man do one of those^ as well for Cov as I need to figure out who we should raid from you this time !

Boro

Jason Steele - Keep - one of the most promising goal keepers in the league, came back from a broken wrist to be outstanding.

Danny Coyne - Leave - Already confirmed because he is out of contract, expect a replacement number 2 who is more reliable injury wise to come in.

Connor Ripley - Leave - on loan to gain experienece.

Justin Hoyte - Keep - Out of contract and on big wages, had a good season. Would love him to stay but cant see it.

Tony McMahon - Keep - Same situation as Hoyte out of contract, home grown always gives his all. No attacking sense from him other than his Bend it like Beckham freekicks.

Joe Bennett - Keep - tough season for young Joe, superb player on his day, just a weak point defensivley without cover in front of him.

Matty Bates - Keep - Another out of contract, and has another cruciate injury, been outstanding this season.

Stephen McManus - Keep - I dont mind him, offers the physicallity needed at centre back. Mowbray doesnt like him though.

Seb Hines - Keep - Centre back growing in stature, puts his head into silly places. The more he plays the better he gets and with Bates dead would be able to play till he returned.

Ben Gibson - Leave - out on loan when bates is fit.

Rhys Williams - Keep at all costs - utterly awesome player. Doesnt get the plaudits because he isnt an attacking player but the heart and soul of our side.

Merouane Zemmama - Leave - Bust up with Mowbray at the end of the season and walked out when he wasnt starting. Yes his on has been ill but he hasnt stayed fit enough to play when needed. Has ability but no consistency.

Richard Smallwood - Leave - Loan him out get him some game time, we have too many defensive midfielders.

Nicky Bailey - Leave - Shocker? Quality player, sits in front of the back 4, tackler and commitment and thats what this league is about. But he cant play with thomson, he is an asset that could recoup some cash.

Kevin Thomson - Keep - Class act, just getting over his stupidly broken leg which the medical team brought him back from too earlyu not once but twice! Fans hate him because he doesnt do amazy things. But to me a huge talent who moves the ball well.

BArry Robson - confirmed Leave - off to vancouver. Good luck.

Cameron PArk - Leave - loan him out, or put him on the bench in desperate need of games. 7 subs should help him

Adam Reach - Keep - With Robson leaving Reach should slip right in. Talented youngster who to me looks in the mould of Bale. Slate me for saying it but the kids got skills. Everything is so easy to him. Tall, athletic left footer who can glide past people.

Julio Arca - Keep - Squad man, comes in and does a job.

Faris Haroun - Keep - Athletic beast who always seems to cause people problems whilst never really doing anything. Makes a man mark him and makes things happen...by accident most of the time.

Malaury Martin - Keep - another squad player with Smallwood on my loaned out list Martin would be used in the centre of midfield.

Luke Williams - Leave - desperatly needs a loan

Andy HAlliday - Leave - Nice lad, dont really think he has hit the heights, same age as Park i know but needs games. Loan maybe?

Bart Ogbeche - Leave - Allows Main to step into the 4th forward role.

Scott Mcdonald - Urgh Keep - Leave if its down to £, keep because he scores and sets things up.

Lukas Jukebox - Keep - Physical pressence up top, settling in well.

Curtis Main - Keep - proved he has got the ability to mix it with the big boys, impact player learning the game. Sub off the banch.

MArvin Emnes - Keep - Consistency needed, but this season was a break out one for Marv, not super pacey but pulls defenders left and right then the fear of him breaking causes a double team freeing up space inside.

The only time we ever scored any goals from his long throws was from the 2nd ball last season under Boothroyd and a 93rd min equaliser against Newcastle in the LC when Keegan was still in charge :D Tbh we clearly do NO work on set piece routines apart from the brief spell Boothroyd was in charge :thdn:

I will do one later but pretty much all our good players have already gone, first season in a while we wont have a load of sell-able assets. Tbh looking at the players we've sold in recent seasons we really underachieved under Coleman and Boothroyd and if perhaps we had just kept them all together for three years we would have actually had a very good team.

Factoring in all the players who are confirmed to be leaving and/or are transfer listed, there's barely a squad left for us :D Warnock's going to be a very busy man this summer. Nice to see he's started early though with the signing of Pearce.

Btw are people including players out of contract who they know are leaving/being released?

Yeah I did with Heaton, don't want him to go but he has to really to get first-team football. He's too good to be a backup, championship clubs should be targeting him!

If his wages aren't too much and you don't want/get a compensation fee and we could afford him, I reckon we'd go for him if Camp went. We realistically need to be looking at another 9 players this summer. I still don't know whether we're any closer to being taken over or not.

I'm unsure about Blackburn next season, their main players will surely leave and the squad their left with really isn't that good, we comfortably beat their first/reserves with Kiss and Gerrard playing etc, Wolves I'm worried about. I don't think next years will be as hard as this year's though.
Blackburn can afford to sign some new players though. They'll be like West Ham I reckon. I'm holding judgement on Wolves until they appoint a manager.

Well BB4L wanted me to do it so I have but it took me quite a while :D Squad looks big on paper until you realise that most our teenagers and the likes of Clingan/Cranie are leaving.

Blackburn will be like West Ham I reckon.

I think that is extremely unlikely. West Ham are a far bigger club than Blackburn and have the allure of London. West Ham averaged over 30k in the Championship, Blackburn fans are getting 22k in the Premier League and that will drop significantly in the Championship. Especially with a disillusioned fanbase.

Yes, Blackburn will have parachute money but the Venkys seem clueless to me. For once, I'm almost inclined to agree with Alan Shearer...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4301284/Alan-Shearer-fears-Blackburn-could-drop-through-the-divisions.html

Joe Murphy 30 - He's not set any tree's alight this season and has had the misfortune of having to follow the Westwood act which was never going to be easy. That said he's a solid enough keeper and was previously in the L1 TOTY so no reason to replace him. KEEP

Chris Dunn 24 - No 2 keeper signed from Northampton in the summer, not really played much but we've won 2 of the 3 games he played in (2 subs, 1 start) and he seems to be a perfectly capable No 2. KEEP

Danny Ireland 22 - Out of contract and been told he can leave. Was considered a good talent but he's missed the last 3 seasons due to different injuries and viruses and will probably go back to Australia. LEAVE

Lee Burge 19 - Signed his first professional contract last May and will be 3rd choice. Probably wont make it here but he's got enough talent to fill in if need be and made the bench a few times last season. Also had ridiculously blonde hair KEEP

Jordan Clarke 20 - Missed most of this season due to an injury in pre-season otherwise he would have been a starter all year. I really like him and think he's a great talent, could POSSIBLY play in the premier league in a few years. He's not as fast or as strong as Christie but his positioning/technical ability is actually very good. With Christie a decent talent we may sell him to raise some funds. KEEP

Cyrus Christie 19 - Did well this season when he really shouldn't have been starting games, has all the physical attributes but he's far from the finished article and imo is a fair way behind Clarke. Long term I'm not sure how having both of them at the club will work unless one converts to LB. If we had more depth a loan would probably be suitable for him. Again we could potentially sell him as we have Clarke. KEEP

Aaron Phillips 18 - Not played for the first team and clearly going to be 3rd choice RB next season. Had a good season for the U18's though and a loan would make sense. KEEP

Richard Keogh 25 - Our POTY and a incredibly consistent performer. Signed him as RB and he played there for 3/4 of last season but he's really come into his own at CB and consistently performs every game. Incredibly cult player with his ridiculous diving, frequent runs up the pitch (with the ball) and never say die attitude. Only missed 1 league game in 2 seasons and was a red card against Donny from playing every minute of every league game for us. Good championship defender but probably couldn't make the step up to the prem, would be a rock in League 1 but will probably be sold to another championship club. KEEP

Martin Cranie 25 - Out of contract and probably going to leave, though he said he'll consider the contract. A very solid championship defender who can play all across the back 4, composed in possession and a good reader of the game but lacking in stature. Will join a top half championship team and could easily be part of a promotion winning team. want to keep but will LEAVE

Richard Wood 26 - Run of the mill championship CB really, missed the 2nd half of the season through injury. Will probably be a starter next season and pretty good in League 1. KEEP

James McPake 27 - First thought is he's incredibly injury prone. On loan at Hibs atm. All action CB who's fantastic in the challenge, is ridiculously brave and never gives anything up. However his actual reading of the game and positioning is dodgy and he refuses to pass a football/probably can't anyway. Still will be useful in League 1 but I believe Hibs want him, will probably stay if Keogh goes and leave if he doesn't. Probably worth selling considering our abundance of CB's. LEAVE

Nathan Cameron 20 - Very good prospect who started a lot of games last season but who's had a few injuries and was behind in the pecking order this season. Certainly worth keeping and a season starting in L1 would be brilliant for him. KEEP

Jordan Willis 17 - Captain of the U18's this year and been called up to the England U19/U18 squad this year, made a few cameo appearances due to injuries. Seems to be very much a player who had made it so far due to work rate and not talent (was released by Brum U18's last season) and he'll be well down the pecking order next season. Should probably go out on loan to non-league/league 2. KEEP

Joe Henderson 18 - Another player who's had a solid season for the U18's. Expect him to go out on loan. KEEP

Hermann Hreidarsson 38 - Retiring I believe. LEAVE

Chris Hussey 24 - Our only LB and has been for some time. Signed from non-league 2.5 years ago and he's gradually improved each season. Still has some problems defending at times but he's good going forward and will be fine as our starting LB. KEEP

Sammy Clingan 28 - Leaving on a free transfer. LEAVE

Gary Deegan 24 - Awesome on FM :D Signed at the same time as Hussey and was pretty much injured for 2 seasons in a row. Seems to be quite injury prone so he's still not played that many games for us but from what I've seen of him he's got some serious flaws but also plenty of talent. Is also a incredibly tenacious player so the sort of guy that is always useful to have around. I think in League 1 he's talents will really shine and he'll be able to get away with his flaws more, definite starter next season and probably a key player. KEEP

Conor Thomas 18 - Very good talent and we actually loaned him to Liverpool for 6 months last season. Has played a lot more than he should this season and he really came on in leaps and bounds, another season of regular football at a lower level should be good for him. He's clearly got talent but it's hard to tell what his potential is when he's been shoved into a poor team way too early, possibly a future premier league player though. KEEP

Gael Bigirimana 18 - In terms of technical ability the best player at the club. He started last season very well and for the first 4/5 months or so he was actually very good and whilst he was naive defensively at times he didn't look too out of place. However after Christmas he really started to regress and if anything he seemed a worse player at the end of the season. Great at keeping the ball and moving it around the pitch and I could see him playing in the prem in the future but we need to make sure we don't ruin him first. KEEP

Josh Ruffels 18 - Made a sub app in August when we were struggling for numbers but that was it. Personally I don't think he'll make it but provides numbers for now and a loan would probably be best for him. KEEP

Carl Baker 29 - Been incredibly inconsistent since we signed him and probably not got enough end product for the championship but he tore up League 1 in the past and could be a key player next season. KEEP

David Bell 28 - Utterly useless waste of space, here's hoping he'll be better in a lower division but if we didn't need the numbers I'd want us to get rid. Always injured anyway. RELUCTANTLY KEEP

Gary McSheffrey 28 - One of those guys who can always pop up with a goal but provides bugger all else to the team and can be a defensive liability. Could possibly get a 15 goal haul in League 1 and is a local lad so he's worth keeping around, possibly would be better moving up front as he knows how to find those spaces and finish he just can't do anything else. KEEP

Will Roberts 18 - Made his debut in the Southampton game. If we can't bring any numbers in he'll provide depth but otherwise he'd probably be best going out on loan. KEEP

Cody McDonald 25 - Was signed without having had a pre-season and far from fit and as such had a slow start before getting injured for several months. Showed enough after coming back to suggest that he could be prolific in League 1 with some service. KEEP

Clive Platt 34 - Getting on and can't play two games in a week anymore. Will not score goals but has been offered a new contract because we need the numbers and he's a real handful as a target man. KEEP

Freddy Eastwood 28 - Utter waster who will leave on a free transfer. LEAVE

Roy O'Donovan 26 - Utterly utterly useless but could be a regular next season :( - RELUCTANTLY KEEP

Shaun Jeffers 20 - Getting on for 21 and he's made about 4 first team apps and had one half season on loan at a League 2 club. Thorn seems to think he has some talent and with our lack of options and being a league down he may play a bit more next season. Here's hoping he comes good. KEEP

Callum Wilson 20 - In the same boat as Jeffers but with less first team apps and loan experience. Is incredibly pacey and will be kept around as backup for now. KEEP

Billy Daniels 17 - Far from our best striker in the U18's this season, but for some reason despite being a good talent JCH has been released (beleive to be atitude problems). Possibly be loaned out or used as a regular in our new U21 squad (as may be the case for some others I've suggested loans for) but unlikely to play in the first team next season. KEEP

Not much for you to poach Bluebird as nearly all our senior players are crap. Basically looking at Keogh, Cranie and Clingan. Though I think Clarke could be a good signing for a team who needs a RB, really good talent imo. Really think we can have a strong back-line next season, the problem is the rest of the side is garbage.

Thought I'd have a go at this for Burnley...

Lee Grant – Massively prone to silly mistakes, but frankly I can’t see us replacing him with anyone better on our budget. Seems like all we can do is hope he has a better season next season and gets better cover from his back four. KEEP

Brian Jensen – Appears to have been offered a new contract, but getting on a bit, not the keeper he used to be and most likely one of the better paid players at the club. LEAVE.

Jon Stewart – Haven’t seen him play a single minute of football, but I’m satisfied to keep him as back up to Lee Grant. KEEP

Kieran Trippier – After Rodriguez, the player I expect to attract most interest from other clubs. Vital that we keep hold of him as he was easily one of our best and most consistent performers this past season. Could easily see a lot of fans becoming very disillusioned if we were to sell him. KEEP

Danny Lafferty – Appears to be a good prospect for the future. Only saw him play once. He had a good hour and then seemed to lose concentration a bit, but hopefully he can become a good player for us. Certainly seems a better prospect for the left-back slot than Brian Easton. KEEP

Michael Duff – Probably our best defensive player this season and adds some vital experience to the squad. Has definitely earned himself another season. Can’t believe we only paid £35k for him back in the day. KEEP

David Edgar – Thought he developed well in his first season as a first choice centre-half for us. Would like to see another good player signed for that position to give some competition, but I’m happy for Edgar to stay at the club. KEEP

Ben Mee – Good young centre half who I think will continue to improve. Also offers cover at left-back. KEEP

Andre Amougou (Bikey) – Out of contract in the summer and most likely on a big wage. Rumoured to have an attitude problem and far too inconsistent on the pitch. LEAVE.

Clarke Carlisle – Another one out of contract. Deserves credit for what he achieved with us, but the time has come to move on. LEAVE

Kevin Long – Too early to tell if he’ll be good enough in the long run. Worth keeping and shipping out on loan to a League One/Two side for another season to keep an eye on. KEEP

Brian Easton- Has looked entirely out of his depth this season. LEAVE

Chris McCann – Had a pretty average season, but showed glimpses of the player he was 2-3 years ago. Hopefully he can show that more regularly and become a key player for us again. KEEP

Ross Wallace – Thought he improved massively this past season. Would like him to perform more consistently, but I suppose that could be said about anyone. One of the best crossers left at the club since Wade Elliott left and also capable of taking a decent set piece. KEEP

Dean Marney – Vital to our team this season. KEEP

Junior Stanislas – Had a decent first season with us. Hopefully there’s much more to come from him. KEEP

Marvin Bartley – Has looked a real gem at times this season. Still only young, so hopefully he can reproduce similar form next season and fight for a more regular place in the starting eleven. KEEP

Alex-Ray Harvey – Possibly another to send out on loan to a lower league team, but in all probability, at 21, he’s probably not going to make it with us. LEAVE

Keith Treacy - Have yet to see him have a good game for us. Clearly has ability, but doesn't seem to want to use it. Not for us, at least. Let Sheffield Wednesday have him if they want him. LEAVE

Jay Rodriguez – As much as every Burnley fan would love to see him stay, I think we can all see the writing on the wall with this one. Cash in and hopefully get some money to spend wisely. LEAVE

Martin Paterson – A brilliant asset to have when he’s fit. Unfortunately, that isn’t anywhere near often enough. I’d be sad to see him go, but I think if anyone comes in with any kind of offer, we have to take it. LEAVE

Zavon Hines – Hasn’t looked good enough at any point when I’ve seen him and finished the season on loan at Bournemouth. Either send him out on loan again or sell him on. LEAVE

Charlie Austin – Will be key for us next season without Jay Rodriguez. Hopefully he can carry his scoring form into next season and stay fit. KEEP

Danny Ings – Looks a fantastic prospect. Performed really well towards the end of the season and really seemed to step up when Rodriguez was injured. Might be asking too much of him to fill Jay Rod’s shoes, but he might not be far off. KEEP

Alex McDonald – Another one that probably won’t be good enough to make it with us. Seems to be doing well for Plymouth though. Might be worth keeping to see how he does on loan somewhere for another season, but would probably be better to either sell or release him. LEAVE

Wes Fletcher – Again, at 21, if he isn’t anywhere near our team by now, he probably never will be. LEAVE.

David Forde - Terrible end to the season making numerous mistakes but still managed to squeeze into the ireland euros squad. needs to work hard to get into the team ahead of Maik Taylor. KEEP

Steve Mildenhall - we don't have the resource to keep 3 experienced keepers on the books. should probably go. LEAVE

Maik Taylor - I cannot believe that with all the keeper trouble Leeds have had that they didn't give Taylor a go. he oozes confidence and it shows in the defence. He is still amazingly agile for his age. our #1 next season for sure KEEP

Jack Smith - completely dependable player none of you have probably got on your radar. solid as a rock fullback. KEEP

Alan Dunne - ever present and former player of the year but simply does not have the quality to be consistent at this level. I would let him go as i reckon we could get a half decent fee and get a replacement in. LEAVE

Paul Robinson - Reading were interested last year after selling matt mills. unless they trebeled their offer, he's going nowhere - KEEP

Shane Lowry - A player that i simply cannot believe didnt make an appearance for Aston Villa considering how **** they are. no nonsense centre back, hard as nails, composed on the ball. KEY PLAYER - KEEP

Darren Ward - Nearly 35, not much chance of a contract elsewhere, should let his last year run out whilst providing decent cover with no obvious youth players coming through, twice former POTY, there is definitely room for sentiment. - KEEP

Tamika Mkandawire - Centre back who was Injured all last season after getting POTY the year before playing in central midfield. could be the pacy defender we were always looking for but will struggle to break into the team past Robbo and Lowry - KEEP

Tony Craig - A true Mr Millwall. shows signs of not being able to cope at this level and was shipped out to Orient on loan but came back and along with Maik Taylor made the defence solid and kept a handful of clean sheets in the last 2 months. great centre back cover also - KEEP

Scott Barron - Quietly solid without ever doing anything spectacular. just hasnt progressed enough. left back is our 2nd weakest position so one feels he would have to go if we look to improve on it. LEAVE

James Henry - The ever classless Paul Jewell has been banging on about him relentlessly for the last year, usually preceeding his comment with "we dont talk about other teams players" and for a while a number of Millwall fans would have paid the taxi fare to get him up there. But in the last couple of weeks has broken back into the side looking like the james Henry we saw whilst on loan at reading. a player with true class if he can keep his head straight. KEEP

Liam Feeney - Feel sorry for the guy, came in when Henry had his head in the wrong place and played a ridiculous amount of games looking like our only threat, he was suly soubled up on by defences every ga,me and just burned out. cold be our left wing option next season as its our weakest position KEEP

Liam Trotter - So Frustrating, but probably our best player when he plays well. Arsenal, Fulham and numerous other teams have watched him, and decided against him, which can only be good for us. if things look grim financially. let him go. but if not he's the number 1 must keep KEEP

Nadjim Abdou - truly immesnse player. would keep messi on his toes for 90 mins. relentless energy. Player Of The Year. KEEP KEEP KEEP!

Thierry Racon - I'm not sure this player even exists LEAVE

Josh Wright - Cultured passer of the ball, integral in our rise from the bottom. KEEP

Dany N'Guessan - Complete waste of space. apparently did well for the joke of a team that is Charlton. dont give a ****. LEAVE

Jordan Stewart - Total wage Thief, not even remotely interested in playing for us. go play around with your mate lescott and your awful clothing brand, wont get a club anywhere else LEAVE

Hameur Bouazza - Thinks he's better than the rest of the team, the club and the division. in reality he's a complete bottle job who can take a good free-kick and has nothing else going for him. LEAVE

Chris Hackett - a lot of heart, maybe just not good enough for this level. should go be a top player in league one. LEAVE

Josh McQuoid - A player with a lot of talent, that has just seemed to cause trouble. contributed in the downfall of James Henry and rumours of bustups, cockyness in training. not sure if this guy quite 'gets' Millwall but surprised if he isnt given another chance, we don't want anyone to be labelled an expensive mistake. could be the answer to our left wing problems if his form at a struggling burnley side is anything to go by KEEP/LEAVE

Shaun Batt - Injured for nearly 2 whole seasons. the guy may never play fulltime again. but i would love to see him do well, and not just for that second goal against leeds away that won me £530 KEEP

Darius Henderson - Top Scorer, but doesnt seem to be interested. always 'fit' until the friday before a game where he picks up a mysterious injury. probably one of our highest earners and could be on loan to HMP next season if his GBH charge sends him there. wages would be better spent somewhere else. LEAVE

Andy Keogh -This guy WOULD have been top scorer if he were here all season. oozes class. actually too good to be playing for us. should be in the irish Euros squad no doubt about it. KEEP

John Marquis - a bright spark at the end of the season before, just didnt progress in a struggling side at the start of the season. let's get him out on loan and keep him in for the long run KEEP

NEED NEXT SEASON:

Left Back - ?

Left Wing - (call for puncheon or townsend await, haha)

Striker - (PLEASE 'ARRY WE BEG OF YOU TO LET HARRY KANE BACK!)

i'll do one for forest tonight, but im baffled how nf can say jamaal lascelles is possibly one of the greats and should form the spine of our team for years when he's only played once and was dominated by jay rodriguez.

Apologies for the anonymous nature of this message, which will be my one and only post on this subject. Please be assured that the information contained herein is genuine and now this is out in the open, direct questions need to be asked of our club.

Now that the curtain has come down on Cardiff's season, there is some very important news that everyone needs to be made aware of. In recent weeks, deals have been agreed with Cardiff's largest creditors, which paves the way for the Malaysians to take full control of the club during the summer. Bankrolled by Vincent Tan, manager Malky Mackay will be provided with a war chest to take Cardiff to the Premier League, stadium expansion plans will go ahead and a multi-million pound training facility will be built. All this may sound like everything we have been waiting for, but there is one bitter pill to swallow. Cardiff City is about to be completely re-branded in a manner whuch goes against a century of our history.

Cardiff City will play in red next season. The dragon will become the major emblem on the club badge and the stadium will literally turn red. This change has been ordered by Vincent Tan and a red home kit and blue away kit have already been agreed for next season. The club intend to announce these changes over the next few days.

seems there is something in this, that'll be me finished with them i'm afraid

• SI Staff
Blackburn can afford to sign some new players though. They'll be like West Ham I reckon. I'm holding judgement on Wolves until they appoint a manager.

Wolves will def finish above Blackburn next season.

Maik Taylor - I cannot believe that with all the keeper trouble Leeds have had that they didn't give Taylor a go. he oozes confidence and it shows in the defence. He is still amazingly agile for his age. our #1 next season for sure KEEP

Delighted that Maik is having another Indian summer. Hero.

I want to do one

So, for next season currently that would leave us with 16 players plus any youngsters that are good enough. I can't see us adding much to that squad next season and can see us being the new Coventry. Sorry G-Man.

My one..

Lee Camp - Head was turned last summer by the interest from Swansea, but they got away with the far better option in Vorm. He'll leave, but maybe not to the Premiership club he was coveting. SELL

Paul Smith - Out of contract in the summer, and only has cup appearances over the past few years to speak of. Was harshly treated by some Forest fans in the summer, and despite his shortfallings, he is still one of the better shot stoppers I've seen. LEAVE

Karl Darlow - Newport fans rave about him, and rightly so. They seem to think he can go a long way in the game, and from what I've seen in the Reserves/U18s over the past few years, he'll do well. KEEP

Dimitar Evmitov - Came from Bulgaria last summer really highly rated, and has proven himself to be as such. Had a couple of 'Work Experience' loans, and excelled in the games I saw him in. Had the initial problems that a youngster would have when coming in from foreign climes, but will probably get a lot of experience next season. KEEP

Ben Gathercole - Hasn't developed as well as initially hoped, and from what I understand, has been told he can leave in the summer. LEAVE

Chris Gunter - Had a hot and cold season this year, been found out a few times defensively, but is still one of the better full backs in the Championship. KEEP, but maybe sell if the right offer comes in.

Brendan Moloney - Unfortunate time this season with injury, was beginning to find his feet in the side. Can play anywhere across the back 4, and in midfield as well, and may find his future on the right hand side of midfield. KEEP

Kieron Freeman - Made history earlier this season when he made appearances for all 3 professional Nottinghamshire clubs in consecutive weeks, and has received rave reviews at both Mansfield and Notts County. Can play both sides of the back 4, and in midfield, but unfortunately, finds his way forward in the Forest side blocked by his Welsh compatriot.

Luke Chambers - Don't know what his problem has been this season, given the captaincy in the summer after the departure of McKenna, and seemed to struggle with it. Perhaps the hype about his last season made him think he was actually better than he is. Out of contract in the summer, and tellingly, hasn't received an offer from Forest. LEAVE

Joel Lynch - Stand out season from Joel, and only just missed out on the player of the season award. Started at left back, but proved his worth when moved into the middle of the back 4. Has also started scoring important goals as well. Out of contract in the summer, but has expressed a desire to stay at the club. KEEP

Jamaal Lascelles - The first real talent to appear from the Forest academy since Lewis McGugan, nearly 6 years ago, and has begun to live up to the hype, albeit whilst on loan at Stevenage. Has been with the club since an early age, and needs to be tied down to a longer contract as soon as possible. He is the future of the side, and as such, we need to treat him as so. KEEP

Paul Anderson - Out of contract in the summer, and has spent a lot of the season injured. Has been offered a new deal, probably only a year. If he stays, he needs to put the hard work in, and prove that the initial hype about him wasn't misplaced. KEEP

Garath McCleary - Perhaps the breakout season for him. Started with a potentially nasty injury, and once he found some form under Coterill, lived up to the hype he arrived with in 2008. Billy Davies complained that he didn't have a natural winger at the club. Well, there was one here all that time Billy. Has been offered a new deal, but I feel he will move on to bigger and better things. KEEP

Jonathan Greening - Experienced player, but has been underused as he has struggled with injury at times. A lot of fans don't like him, because he isn't Paul McKenna, and he doesn't have a highlight reel of performances. What he offers however, is experience, and plenty of it. I'd like to see him stay, but I'm not sure if he will. KEEP

Guy Moussi - Offers a lot, and when he manages to pull out those performances, hes unstoppable. For 3 or 4 games a season though, its not good. LEAVE

Lewis McGugan - Entering the last year of his contract. He has 2 options, knuckle down this season, knowing that a cracking season will leave him with the world at his feet, or leave him to fade into insignificance. Should learn from playing alongside Adlene Guedioura for the last few months, and pick up ideas/tips from the way he played. KEEP

George Boateng - Not on as much as people thought, but when you're on £18000 for stepping onto the pitch, its no good. LEAVE

Radi Majewski - Ultimate confidence player, sometimes tries too hard, but sit him just behind the striker, and he will profit. Essential to keep him. KEEP

Andy Reid - Quiet in the first half, but in the second half of the season, showed some of the 'old' Andy Reid, and ran games. His performance against Millwall wouldn't have looked out of place at a higher level. His left foot is still magic, even if he doesn't appear to move much. Topped last seasons 'Bleep Test'. KEEP

Chris Cohen - Loves the club, and his injury was probably the turning point of our season, meaning that we missed his enthusiasm and constant running. Back in full training, and from what I understand, will be starting preseason earlier than the rest. KEEP

Dexter Blackstock - Scored 8 in 16 on his return from a potential career ending injury, and despite starting slowly, showed what we missed. Has already made noises about signing a new contract to take him another few years into his NFFC experience. KEEP

Robbie Findley - Pace. Able to finish well, but a lot of people will remember his miss at Leicester. Has a lot to offer though, and hopefully, he'll get over his personal problems and his shoulder injury. KEEP

Marcus Tudgay - Puts in a lot of effort, will never score 20 goals a season, maybe not even 10. Looks like Aleksandr the Meerkat though, and for that, he can stay. KEEP

Ishmael Miller - If he is what £16000 per week can get you, then can I have his money please, because I would actually show some desire. Perhaps the worst of McClarens signings. LEAVE

David McGoldrick - Perhaps if he showed some desire to be a Professional sportsman, and not just a wannabe mafiosi or the like, then I may actually like him. Perhaps the worst of Billy Davies signings. LEAVE

Marlon Harewood - Left the club already. BYE BYE.

Matt Derbyshire - It doesn't help anyone when you share part of your surname with our biggest rivals. Unfortunate to be injured a lot, and has some sort of problem staying on his feet. However, he will offer a fair bit if we continue to play in the fashion in which we finished the season, and hoping that he gets over the back and ankle injuries that plagued him for 5 months, will offer a hell of a lot. KEEP

Weren't people saying that they can see Birmingham dropping down the leagues at the start of the season? I seem to remember a few Birmingham fans on here fearing for their season. I do think Blackburn will be serious contenders for promotion next season. Wolves are a well run club and I expect they'll be up there too, but it's tough to call until they appoint a manager.

Our only keeper trouble was when Lonergan was injured we had to play Rachubka. When we realised how awful Rachubka was, we signed McCarthy on loan (who played very well) and Maik Taylor as back up. Lonergan returned, McCarthy went back to Reading and then Warnock came in and let him go.

Our only keeper trouble was when Lonergan was injured we had to play Rachubka. When we realised how awful Rachubka was, we signed McCarthy on loan (who played very well) and Maik Taylor as back up. Lonergan returned, McCarthy went back to Reading and then Warnock came in and let him go.

and when we put 7 past lonergan :lol:

It is 8th May and not 1st April isn't it?

The changes could see the club wear red kit next season, as well as a changing of seating colour at Cardiff City Stadium from blue to red.

The impact may also see a change to the club's emblem to include a Dragon.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/cardiffonline/cardiff-football/2012/05/08/cardiff-city-rebranding-mooted-as-cardiff-blues-return-to-arms-park-91466-30923477/#ixzz1uHncUMIF

and

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=78929

Archived