Sports Interactive Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

goon

LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

One of the things these articles always seem to conveniently ignore is that no other club will be willing to pay the inflated wages Citeh give their players. You may not have been happy with his performances Moancini, but you're stuck with him.

RvP doing his best to lower his transfer fee ffs.

On another note, tonight is the Arsenal group.

Looking forward to seeing Per and Podolski

Hoping for a performance, our players have been crap so far.

A Euros disaster for most Arsenal players so far

Arsenal players in actually being no-better-than-average shocker

Zzzzzzzzzzzz....

CR7 not done much either all game, average player. Personally could not GAF how our players do at international level, I don't expect much either, we have few key international players among us.

Arsenal players in actually being no-better-than-average shocker

Not really what I said was it?

RvP doing his best to lower his transfer fee ffs.

Surley its better he has a bad time so we suitors are put off?

Or do you just want to moan at Wenger if he goes?

After the way he played for the whole of last season, I doubt they'll be put off by one bad performance for Holland.

After the way he played for the whole of last season, I doubt they'll be put off by one bad performance for Holland.

There was some sarcasm there

Surley its better he has a bad time so we suitors are put off?

Or do you just want to moan at Wenger if he goes?

I see your sarcasm detector isn't working tonight!

I see your sarcasm detector isn't working tonight!

Is hard to tell cause you're that much of a **** to AFC and Wenger

CR7 not done much either all game, average player.

I agree that he wasn't that great, but you've got to be kidding me. He doesn't get the support he gets at RM.

Messi doesn't do too well for Argentina usually, does that make him an average player?

i agree that he wasn't that great, but you've got to be kidding me. He doesn't get the support he gets at rm.

Messi doesn't do too well for argentina usually, does that make him an average player?

whoooooooosh

Bild are reporting Holtby will join Arsenal if Schalke buy Van der fart. Jurado is close to joining A Madrid so perhaps they are trying to fund his move by selling 2 players

Holtby has said he wants to play as a playmaker his contract expires in 2012.

Would you want him?

Bild are reporting Holtby will join Arsenal if Schalke buy Van der fart. Jurado is close to joining A Madrid so perhaps they are trying to fund his move by selling 2 players

Holtby has said he wants to play as a playmaker his contract expires in 2012.

Would you want him?

I vaguely remember someone on Twitter claiming we had a pre-contract with Holtby months ago. It didn't seem to be reported by anyone else so I assumed it was just usual Twitter nonsense but if it actually happens I'll be quite impressed.

From reputation it sounds like a decent transfer, but I haven't really seen him play enough to form a proper opinion.

Edit: also, is 'Van der Fart' deliberate? :D

I think that's unlikely tbh, as far as playmaking centre mids go, we've got enough. If we do sign a CM this summer it will be a defensively minded one.

Would I want him? Not really, can't see that he'd add much/anything to our team

Can he also play left wing? Might be useful to look at him over Yossi if that's the case.

If not then I don't really see the point in buying him (gunner4eva's points)

I vaguely remember someone on Twitter claiming we had a pre-contract with Holtby months ago. It didn't seem to be reported by anyone else so I assumed it was just usual Twitter nonsense but if it actually happens I'll be quite impressed.

From reputation it sounds like a decent transfer, but I haven't really seen him play enough to form a proper opinion.

Edit: also, is 'Van der Fart' deliberate? :D

I copied and pasted off

www.ja606.co.uk which is forum but there is a user called John who posts all these news like the M'Villa one for example

Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog

Johan Djourou's agent in Italy on Monday for talks with Serie A clubs. Arsenal willing to sell for right fee. Napoli are keen.

At first I was like:

Yay new defender

Then a voice spoke inside my head:

'We have too many defenders at the club. Vermaelan, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Miquel, Squillaci. Jenkinson can also play there, as well as Song. So overall quantity wise we are not short at the back at all'

Not really. We need rid of Squillaci (In fact I don't even count him in the first place, he's that bad) and if you ask me Miguel isn't ready. Jenkinson is irrelevant at CB and Song shouldn't be our 4th choice, ever, he should be one of the 2 defensive minded CM's.

Really we need a CB to replace Djourou if that goes through, whether that's a new first choice CB or a rotational CB, no one can tell.

It would be nice to get Vertonghen but then again, it would be nice to win something!

I have no issue with us signing a playmaker as we are desperate for creativity. If Djourou goes then we do need a new cb but I wouldn't expect them to be that good the replacement as it is 4th choice.

The issue isn't the defence but how we defend as a team.

What's Bartley been like at Rangers? Does he have any sort of future with us?

Ter informed me that he won't be good enough for Arsenal.

He's way too injury prone for a start. But yeah, not good enough for us.

Al Jazeera reporting we have done a deal for Giroud from Montpelier. Probably untrue though.

He's not good enough, never going to win a title with a one season Ligue 1 wonder. Just another Chamakh waiting to happen..

Actually curious to know whether you'd be pleased Sy, because if Vertonghen isn't good enough for you then I can't imagine Giroud is!

erm... Sy rates and wants Vertonghen?

This.

I actually want Kos and Vertonghen as CB next season with TV as back up.

It would be nice to get Vertonghen but then again, it would be nice to win something!

So you want him but you think he's not good enough for us?

fc,220x200,white.jpg

So you want him but you think he's not good enough for us?

fc,220x200,white.jpg

Eh?

I want Vertonghen but that seems about as likely as us winning something. Thought that was obvious.

I read that wrong then, sorry.

Thought you were being sarcastic and saying it would be nice getting Vertonghen but he's not good enough for us to win trophies.

I read that wrong then, sorry.

Thought you were being sarcastic and saying it would be nice getting Vertonghen but he's not good enough for us to win trophies.

That's cool. Just read it back to myself, I can see where you got tripped up :thup:

Al Jazeera reporting we have done a deal for Giroud from Montpelier. Probably untrue though.

twitter ********.

I saw that and looked on their website nothing about it on there

"A source close to the London team".

Unless that radio station has incredible contacts, I wouldn't take it too seriously.

I'm not really buying the whole "Giroud to replace RvP story" even if I buy the story of us buying Giroud. We stand to lose as many as 3 strikers this summer (Park, Chamakh, and Bendtner.) We can definitely take on another one I think.

I saw something the other day which said the club shop had been told to stop printing shirts with Diaby, Arshavin and Vela on the back, and that Santos will get number 2 and Podolski number 11.