LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

One of the things these articles always seem to conveniently ignore is that no other club will be willing to pay the inflated wages Citeh give their players. You may not have been happy with his performances Moancini, but you're stuck with him.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CR7 not done much either all game, average player.

I agree that he wasn't that great, but you've got to be kidding me. He doesn't get the support he gets at RM.

Messi doesn't do too well for Argentina usually, does that make him an average player?

Bild are reporting Holtby will join Arsenal if Schalke buy Van der fart. Jurado is close to joining A Madrid so perhaps they are trying to fund his move by selling 2 players

Holtby has said he wants to play as a playmaker his contract expires in 2012.

Would you want him?

Bild are reporting Holtby will join Arsenal if Schalke buy Van der fart. Jurado is close to joining A Madrid so perhaps they are trying to fund his move by selling 2 players

Holtby has said he wants to play as a playmaker his contract expires in 2012.

Would you want him?

I vaguely remember someone on Twitter claiming we had a pre-contract with Holtby months ago. It didn't seem to be reported by anyone else so I assumed it was just usual Twitter nonsense but if it actually happens I'll be quite impressed.

From reputation it sounds like a decent transfer, but I haven't really seen him play enough to form a proper opinion.

Edit: also, is 'Van der Fart' deliberate? :D

I vaguely remember someone on Twitter claiming we had a pre-contract with Holtby months ago. It didn't seem to be reported by anyone else so I assumed it was just usual Twitter nonsense but if it actually happens I'll be quite impressed.

From reputation it sounds like a decent transfer, but I haven't really seen him play enough to form a proper opinion.

Edit: also, is 'Van der Fart' deliberate? :D

I copied and pasted off

www.ja606.co.uk which is forum but there is a user called John who posts all these news like the M'Villa one for example

Jamie Sanderson ‏@YoungGunsBlog

Johan Djourou's agent in Italy on Monday for talks with Serie A clubs. Arsenal willing to sell for right fee. Napoli are keen.

At first I was like:

Yay new defender

Then a voice spoke inside my head:

'We have too many defenders at the club. Vermaelan, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Miquel, Squillaci. Jenkinson can also play there, as well as Song. So overall quantity wise we are not short at the back at all'

Not really. We need rid of Squillaci (In fact I don't even count him in the first place, he's that bad) and if you ask me Miguel isn't ready. Jenkinson is irrelevant at CB and Song shouldn't be our 4th choice, ever, he should be one of the 2 defensive minded CM's.

Really we need a CB to replace Djourou if that goes through, whether that's a new first choice CB or a rotational CB, no one can tell.

I have no issue with us signing a playmaker as we are desperate for creativity. If Djourou goes then we do need a new cb but I wouldn't expect them to be that good the replacement as it is 4th choice.

The issue isn't the defence but how we defend as a team.

He's not good enough, never going to win a title with a one season Ligue 1 wonder. Just another Chamakh waiting to happen..

Actually curious to know whether you'd be pleased Sy, because if Vertonghen isn't good enough for you then I can't imagine Giroud is!

I read that wrong then, sorry.

Thought you were being sarcastic and saying it would be nice getting Vertonghen but he's not good enough for us to win trophies.

That's cool. Just read it back to myself, I can see where you got tripped up :thup:

I'm not really buying the whole "Giroud to replace RvP story" even if I buy the story of us buying Giroud. We stand to lose as many as 3 strikers this summer (Park, Chamakh, and Bendtner.) We can definitely take on another one I think.

I saw something the other day which said the club shop had been told to stop printing shirts with Diaby, Arshavin and Vela on the back, and that Santos will get number 2 and Podolski number 11.

Archived