LAUREN's Arsenal Thread 2011/2012 - 125 Years of Greatness *sponsored by being BRILLIANT*

goon

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching Premiership Years just now on SS2, it was the 97-98 season.

What struck me is that we had four games in hand near the end of the season, and we needed to win them all to go top. We won them all, in fact we went on a 10 game league winning streak. Our team now would just bottle it. There's no characters in the team to see them through, and that's a real shame.

And then lose 2-1 to QPR ffs.

And? We lost a game. Against a team we 'should' beat. It happens. We also beat some very good teams before then too.

United lost at home to Blackburn earlier in the season. What's their 'character' like?

And? We lost a game. Against a team we 'should' beat. It happens. We also beat some very good teams before then too.

United lost at home to Blackburn earlier in the season. What's their 'character' like?

Clearly much better than ours.

United have their weakest squad for many years but will prob win the title this season. What does that tell you about AFc?

Hang on, we just beat Spurs, Liverpool, AC Milan, Newcastle, and Everton in a row. All tough games. That shows character no? 2-0 down at home to Spurs too.

Only when we started to look down and out, therefore the pressure was lifted. Under pressure, this team has a habit of bottling it.

Look at how poor we were at the start of the season. If we had some of the strong characters we used to have in our team, we would never have allowed ourselves to go on that dreadful run between Feb-November last year.

Well, I don't know about that. Six points behind Real Madrid... what the hell does that say about BFC? Shambles.

Don't you remember when they were smashing in goals with Messi, Eto'o and Henry? How has it got to a point where we are replacing quality players like Eto'o with players like Alexis Sanchez and David Villa? Guardiola out, they won't win anything with him in charge.

Don't you remember when they were smashing in goals with Messi, Eto'o and Henry? How has it got to a point where we are replacing quality players like Eto'o with players like Alexis Sanchez and David Villa? Guardiola out, they won't win anything with him in charge.

Sad times indeed. :(

To sum it up in three words "u mad bro?"

My favourite was the rant about Arsenal moving from Woolwich to Highbury after 27 years when Spurs are trying their utmost to move to West London at the moment after 130 years of being in north London.

Its highly laughable that blog considering there are probably only a handful of people alive from when we moved to north london and they would be to young to remember.

Inferiority complex is the correct word, we know it, they know it.

Tbh the mind the gap stuff was quite good but just like that semi final with the ticket announcer it sort of back fired.

However my favourite is any Spurs fan who persistently says we are always in their shadow; my favourite, was the guy on this rivals show who kept suggesting we were always in their shadow, madness. I wouldn't say they are always in our shadow despite our greater success ffs :D

Daniel Wynne is the man you're talking about. After watching that rivals programme I nearly sent him an email just to thank him for making me laugh so hard. You just know that he's spent years of his life building up this resentment towards us, and then trying to convince himself that really they are far superior to us, despite evidence to the contrary. It's comically tragic.

I think you can find it on YouTube btw if you fancy a laugh again.

• SI Staff

Vaguely annoying that the media are basically giving us no credit and going with the Balotelli/meltdown angle when we absolutely bossed the game, could have easily been 3/4-0

Archived