11.3 Patch Official Feedback Thread

How come i cant offer young players ( 16/17 year olds) the contract i want, instead i have to suggest terms, which is zero, then they come back with what they want, which is always 50k, then accept it if i really want them. It never happened before, just since i used this patch. Has anyone else noticed this? Not 100% sure but i think the players in question are free agents.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope the messed up cup draws aren't back...

It seems it might have been a freaky one off, or connected to the fact I viewed the draw. I got knocked out so I didn't view the draw for the First Round, which has come out like this...

Woking or Aldershot v Hayes & Yeading or Forest Green

Yeovil v Barnet

Corby v Peterborough

Wrexham v Lewes

Newport County or Sutton v AFC Wimbledon

Derby v Rotherham

Lincoln City v Southend

Brighton v Thurrock

Luton v Exeter

Bury v Torquay

Bradford City v Hull

Leyton Orient v Barnsley

Preston v Chesterfield

Histon v Carlisle

Accrington v Mansfield or Tamworth

Notts County v Oldham

Tiverton v Bath

Northwich v Bournemouth

Scunthorpe v MK Dons

Farnborough v Tranmere

Harlow v Portsmouth

Hereford v Bristol Rovers

Curzon Ashton v Hartlepool

Dagenham & Redbridge v Crawley

Dorchester v Northampton

Brentford v FC United

Salisbury v Haverhill

Stockport v Gateshead

Gillingham v York

Walton Casuals v Walsall

Port Vale v Rochdale

Wycombe v Morecambe

Kettering v Grimsby

Tonbridge v Oxford United

Cheltenham v Cambridge United

Crewe v Stevenage

FC Halifax v Plymouth

Worcester v Burton or AFC Telford

Macclesfield v Darlington

Shrewsbury v Ebbsfleet

A much better spread. :)

I hope the messed up cup draws aren't back...

I'm in 2016/7 using Uncle Ron's level 8 download. The FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round has thrown up a lot of ties where clubs are in a close locality. Here is the full draw as it came out (post replays), my team in bold.

Horsham v Yeovil

Salisbury v Havant & Waterlooville

Fanrborough v Welling

Woking v Aldershot

Tiverton v Swindon Supermarine

Newport County v Sutton

Hayes & Yeading v Forest Green

Dorchester v AFC Halifax

Shepshed v Cheltenham

Walton Casuals v Brackley

Woodford v Bath

Margate v Worcester

Cambridge City v Cambridge United

Rushden & Diamonds v Corby

Burton v AFC Telford

Mansfield v Tamworth

Wrexham v Newcastle Town

Harlow v Alfreton

Altrincham v Northwich

Curzon Ashton v Gainsborough

Droylsden v Stockport

FC United v Glossop

Accrington v Stocksbridge

Colwyn Bay v FC Halifax

York v Lancaster

Histon v Chelmsford

Grays v Dagenham & Redbridge

Braintree v Haverhill

Thurrock v VCD Athletic

Ebbsfleet v Canvey Island

Horsham YMCA v Tonbridge

Lewes v Ossett Albion

By my reckoning, only Lewes v Ossett features a team from the South playing a team from the North and a lot of those fixtures seem to be local matches, some local derbies.

The 4th qualifying round is regionalized in real life, as are all prior rounds.

I'm Celtic and I play my saves without first window budgets so when December rolled around I decided to make a move for Rafael Toloi, I offered €6m over 42 months, surprised that it was accepted, thought they would have held out for ~€8m tbh. Then I got to negotiate a contract, I clicked use existing terms, took out his 15% wage rise, his min release clause & changed his squad status from key to backup just to see what affect low balling the agent would do to the demands.

The agent accepted those terms (no agent fee and €15k signing on fee on a €6m transfer) and maybe I thought maybe the player would reject those terms. No the player accepted terms that were worse that what he was on.

I've signed him on all versions of FM2011 and he doesnt go that cheaply and he has certainly been sold to me for well below the scouts estimate (Ayres Albuquerque) who is a good scout thats scouted him 3 times which is what I expected to pay out in this version.

WHAT A JOKE!

How am I suppose to play this game with bugs like that jumping out at me?

i dont get what ur complaining about.

Ever heard of an agent that passes up a fee in a €6m deal?

The player accepted a contract that was worse than he was currently on. Again, never would happen in a €6m deal where he been branded by the media as the next Lucio.

I've signed this player before on the earlier patches, he never goes that cheaply. If hard to get players are going cheaper than what they should be, its going to be a very easy game

Ridiculous! I'm playing with Vasco with 11.3 and started a new game. Every game one, two or three players are injurieds!!!! I adjusted training and 've many staffs. In 11.2 don't have many injurieds game-by-game!... I rollback to 11.2, if don't have a solution....

Ridiculous! I'm playing with Vasco with 11.3 and started a new game. Every game one, two or three players are injurieds!!!! I adjusted training and 've many staffs. In 11.2 don't have many injurieds game-by-game!... I rollback to 11.2, if don't have a solution....

I too have noticed an increase in in-game injuries. Sometimes 3 or 4 in a single game. Tried reducing training workload to no avail. Hoping it's just bad luck...

Ok... so SI finally fixed the US staff wages to a reasonable level and allowed scouts to be signed again. Thank you!

But here is my first goal of the first preseason friendly of a new save, watch the near post defender...

Really?!

Granted that was a really low level team but that was just terrible.

That being said how ever, the rest of the match looked pretty good. My team actually showed more creativity in that one match then most of the first season in 11.0/1 so I liked that, but this clip shows there are obviously still some D AI issues in the ME.

So far I'm liking 10.3... just too bad it takes so long to make a release good, only to put out a new re-broken release in a few months.

Edit: @PW I stopped playing early in 11.2 so maybe they changed it.. but 11.1 had many sliding knock-ins as well, a few too many. So doesn't really sound new for 11.3

Not played huge amounts on the new patch but a few observations:

1. The ME looks much better and life like.

2. Appears to be more injuries occurring.

3. Alot of goals now are being scored by players 'sliding into the area and knocking the ball in', didn't have one goal on 11.2 like this and so far seem to be too many goals (in my game at least) scored in this fashion.

In general the 11.3 patch has made the game better from my observations.

I started a new game with patch 11.3

And I had the same issue with Suarez

His stats will only show league appearances and league goals!

Nothing else...please help.....

any way we can solve this ourselves

You should try to clear the cache:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ-and-Manual?p=6066653&viewfull=1#post6066653

Tutoring.. It appears that a "cooldown" has been addded. If it was there before then im sure i didnt notice it, but i have to ask why? If the cooldown is really needed then why not add a continue option, or even make it a season long thing. I really cant see a good reason to prevent a senior player tutoring a youngster "because this option has been used recently" is just.... dull.

It's exactly like in previous FMs: Sometimes a cooldown is triggered, sometimes it isn't. For whatever reasons, no explanation in game and certainly none in the manual...SI's well known MO. Not an 11.3 change or issue.

Post Match Screen:

Could be me or definately a textual error. Not important but everytime I get a penalty awarded to my team, in the Referee box, in the post match report screen it always says something like " referee x will have to explain re controversial decsion to award a penalty for (and the team that is named is always the team who has the penalty awarded against them)?

As I said nothing big but anyone else? Or maybe I am not reading it right :)

It's not necessarily to clear the cache periodically. But if you have any issues when starting a new game or continuing an old save with a new patch clearing the cache could fix the issue, as some older temp files might interfere. This is especially if you use(d) edited data files in your save.

I have the following issues:

The Suarez/Luiz stats not showing but mine is with Rio Ferdinand.

In the post match screen when a penalty is awarded it says that the referee will have a lot of explaining to do after awarding a penalty to (team who CONCEDED penalty) not the team who was AWARDED the penno.

In the backroom advice screen the how many points to win the league is ALWAYS wrong by 1. They NEVER take into account the fact that I could lose on Goal difference - i.e Utd and Chelsea top of the PL after 37 games with 88 points each and 1 game to play with Chelsea having a much better GD - My staff will tell me that we need 3 points to GUARANTEE winning the league.

After getting knocked out in the semi-final of the Club World championship the press conference I have to play a 3rd place play off - however the media still ask me If I feel we still have a chance of winning the competition etc like I still can?????

Affiliated clubs - after 20 years of being United manager I request a feeder club - I get the usual "as you have been with us for a very long time would you like to chose a SPECIFIC club - I choose that that is something I would like to get involved with and they say they will get back to me - when they do I can only choose from the list of clubs they give me??? I cant pick a specific club so why bloody ask me.....

I will go to approach a member of staff to sign and in the box on the right hand side it says he is "very interested" - however HE says he has no interest into entering into negotiations with me?????

I arrange to sign a already very good 16 year old player from Brazil - he agrees to come to me but is unsuccesful in gaining a work permit - no probs - I still arrange transfer. 2 years later he joins me having already played for the national team 5 times and being rated a LEADING premier divison striker. However he has no WP. So figuring my star brazilian striker is easily good enough to qualify for a WP based on his talent/ability I go to offer him a new contract - and he refuses since he has only just signed - so he sits in the reserves not playing until November (5 months since signing) when he then decides to enter into contract negotiations and gets his WP. Surely this requires an option along the lines of "we will be offering you a new contract so you can gain your WP and play right away" - no agent would turn down an extra 100k IRL. Need to fix this

Players retiring 3 days before the CL final????????, Managers retiring 1 week before their team takes place in the World Cup.

I just got my Steam game updated, and wanted to begin a game for the first time. When I tried, I saw that France was unplayable as CFA only had 58 teams and should have 59 or something like that. I have no DB changes other than the 11.3 update installed.

I just wanted to know if this is a bug in the patch, the way it should be, a error on my version or totally different problem. Also could this become a problem if I play longterm in another country.

By the way, I have no plans of playing in France just found it odd and didn't want to break my newly started game :)

I'm Celtic and I play my saves without first window budgets so when December rolled around I decided to make a move for Rafael Toloi, I offered €6m over 42 months, surprised that it was accepted, thought they would have held out for ~€8m tbh. Then I got to negotiate a contract, I clicked use existing terms, took out his 15% wage rise, his min release clause & changed his squad status from key to backup just to see what affect low balling the agent would do to the demands.

The agent accepted those terms (no agent fee and €15k signing on fee on a €6m transfer) and maybe I thought maybe the player would reject those terms. No the player accepted terms that were worse that what he was on.

I've signed him on all versions of FM2011 and he doesnt go that cheaply and he has certainly been sold to me for well below the scouts estimate (Ayres Albuquerque) who is a good scout thats scouted him 3 times which is what I expected to pay out in this version.

WHAT A JOKE!

You buy the same player on every save? He's not even that good!

I just lost my 11-seasons savegame because of a bug.. i think:

Started a new game to check out database changes etc.. anyway, after checking out some teams and players before choosing a team for my manager i chose "Save game.." because i was going to return to my main save, but wanted to have a "quick start" for 11.3 available for later.

Loading my old save now takes me back to the start screen of the aforementioned loaded 11.3 db-game... totally heartbroken and gutted. Combating serious wristslitting-thoughts atm :(

Is this a known bug? i am one hundred percent sure pressed "Save game" and not "save game as..."

I had something similar to this happen to me, although obviously it's a hard thing to try and replicate.

I wasn't starting a new game, just continuing with an old save, but for some reason the game started writing over a different career save I was running.

There's zero chance of user error here - all I did was click to load last game and carried on playing for a few hours. I'm using an incremental save, so don't need to manually save, I only noticed actually when booted up FM Scout and went to load the save file, I noticed my Lowestoft career save was at the top of the most recently accessed filed in the Window menu.

This was last week, so wouldn't necessarily be a new patch issue, but a very, very, very rare in game glitch when the game is identifying where to save itself?

Does anyone experience the supposed fix of the "can't get job-bug"?

In the specs of the patch I read that it should be more easy for a really succesfull lower-league manager to get a higher rep job. As I'm not 'really' succesfull (6th in dutch 4th tier for 2 years now) I can't really test this. Got laughed at by the bottom club in danish 3rd tier after the patch was loaded, that's all I know.

And what does really succesfull mean? Do I need consequetive promotions to be considered really succesfull, or is one or two seasons (far) above expectations (let's say, promotion challangers while relegation was expected) enough?

By the way: The description of this 'bug-fix' doesn't say anything about similar (or lower) rep clubs showing interest in human managers. I never get any job offers from whatsoever club, none higher, none similar an none lower rep. I havent been extremely succesfull at a mediocre level, but I should be an interesting option for an ambitious club of similar or slightly lower rep. I've always finished way above expectations, so.. In 8 seasons of playing I'd expect some clubs to try and lure me in. Up till now I've had none, and only been laughed at when I showed interest myself.

Only thing I've come across so far is that when I'm buying a free player, the contracts they all want is a youth contract on 55p/w, regardless whether their 18 or 35. The only upside is that my wage total will be mega low :p

Any ideas?

I've not seen this reported before or seen it myself.

If you could take the time to post it in the bugs forum and upload a save game if you have one it would be greatly appreciated

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/201-Transfers-and-Contracts

Hello, i'm italian and i have a little question

was tutoring modified with 11.3? It is possible to tutor players over 21 now?

I remember previous FM you could tutor until 24 years old, am i right?

I think players should be "tutorable" until 24 years and the success should depend also from reputation and international caps. Not only from current ability.

thanks in advance

You buy the same player on every save? He's not even that good!

I buy him because I know what I can get out of him long term, he doesnt need a work permit and he's not high maintenance like other players who are marginally better.

Who I buy and how good they are isnt the issue. The issue is that the agent didnt even do a round of negotiating on a contract that was worse for his client, accepted no fee and the player jumped at it. This doesnt reflect a real life scenario and certainly nothing like what happened on any other version of the game.

WHAT A JOKE!

Just tried the same thing here and he refuses the same terms. How much is he on a week with you now?

• Administrators
In game are two players name Piotr Parzyszek !! and the have got the same statistic. What about fix 11.3.1 ?

This is something we are aware of, you can remove the player via the data editor. There are no plans at this stage for any kind of hotfix. Cheers.

Just tried the same thing here and he refuses the same terms. How much is he on a week with you now?

Hi Gudge

He was on €2,600 in my game and he'll be on that when he joins on Jan 1st, minus yearly wage rise, min release clause and his squad status will be backup (i clicked the use existing terms option). I did this transfer early december because I wanted to see if there was any changes in transfer negotiations.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else as i haven't looked through the entire thread but I have installed the patch and it says i have updated my game but when i open Football Manager there is no update found? I have tried installing it again and the same happens, any suggestions?

Played a few matches last night, and the game kept not responding. it would freeze for about 30secs, then continue playing for roughly 5mins match time, then not respond again.

It doesn't freeze when i'm just playing the game. Only happens when i'm playing a match.

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else as i haven't looked through the entire thread but I have installed the patch and it says i have updated my game but when i open Football Manager there is no update found? I have tried installing it again and the same happens, any suggestions?

When you look in the game status screen what is the version number?

Has there been any feedback on absence of TV matches in English Premiership until Nov. i have seen few posts in feedback thread, but no one answering them definitively. i have 'move TV matches' option in perferences on. its only major bug i have come across. haven't checked yet but may prevent TV money being paid.

p.s all matches 3pm k.o on sat. no sat morn/eve, sun or mon night matches from start of Nov back to normal.

Cheers mate :)

PC and via the DVD

Go here and download the 11.3 (PC Disc) Patch - the top option

Once it's downloaded save and exit FM if it is running.

Double click on the patch and it should open in a window titled WinZip Self-Extractor - FM2011 v11.3.0 PC Patch.exe, allow this to complete (should take a few seconds)

The FM2011 11.3.0 Patch Installer should open. The patcher should automatically find where the game is installed to and select that location. If the location is correct select Update.

After the update is complete select Exit and you should be running 11.3

Archived