Group C- Slovenia v England, BBC1, 3pm and USA v Algeria, BBC red button

bomma

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Showing the amateur trolls how it's done! :thup:

:D

This whole troll accusation thing is getting really tiresome now - I guess we're not entitled to our opinions these days. /opression

Oh, and Barnzy's "counter-trolling" was much classier than the two attempts that followed it, fwiw, and did bring a little chuckle.

You are wasting your time... no point in making sense when the England hype train is back on track..

erm considering the media frenzy over the last two weeks.. I think most England fans and players are very aware performances have not been up to scratch... So stating the damn obvious wins an argument in numptyville.

As for Spain & Germany? In the games they both lost, they were comfortably the better side and were unlucky to come away from the games with nothing. England have not put in the same kind of performances.

i know we werent brilliant against the usa, but im sure even the most embittered ABE'er has to admit we were a smidge unlucky with the goal we conceded against them? :D

This whole troll accusation thing is getting really tiresome now - I guess we're not entitled to our opinions these days. /opression

Oh, and Barnzy's "counter-trolling" was much classier than the two attempts that followed it, fwiw, and did bring a little chuckle.

Aye.

Just saddens me a little that what used to be considered having a tongue-in-cheek and good-natured "dig" at a rival's incompetence or struggles is now met with howls of "trolling" and even more hilariously "bitterness". It's pretty hard to be bitter about something while you're openly accepting and acknowledge your own country's failings and shortcomings. Some people just don't "get" banter it seems, oh, that and then there's the few who shout about bitterness while their very own accusations of such are laced with a distasteful undercurrent of ignorance. :thdn:

i know we werent brilliant against the usa, but im sure even the most embittered ABE'er has to admit we were a smidge unlucky with the goal we conceded against them? :D

Yes, you were unlucky, but as always in any sport, that goal being saved doesn't automatically mean England would have won the game, the game would have developed differently as a result. The United States could still have scored in that game particularly with the amount of space Landycakes & Dempsey were finding behind the England midfield.

I always find it strange to discuss one particular incident in a football game that is in the past, you always have to look at the larger picture around the whole of the match to be able to actually accurately gauge anything.

erm considering the media frenzy over the last two weeks.. I think most England fans and players are very aware performances have not been up to scratch... So stating the damn obvious wins an argument in numptyville.

Of course you are.. there aren't even any fans saying that you are going to win the whole thing on this page or anything...

He was making fair points.. but since the large majority of users on this site are English anything that goes against it, it's classified as hate or trolling...

Enjoy your victory anyway.. confidence is a good thing after all i suppose.

USA! USA! USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Donovaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!

Top of the group!

stop celebrating like you just won the world cup! jesus christ man.

:p

Not banter when Scotland are irrelevant to us tbf.

Good.

Now please tell the rest of England to stop "supporting" us when we play. It's unwanted and condescending. :)

None. The ones that say they do are trying to cover up trolling. There I said it, I'm the bad guy.

But England are going to win the world cup!

You're not the bad guy, you're just a blithering idiot, and the worst troll here by some distance.

Edit: And by worst, I mean the worst at being a troll, not the most frequent offender.

Of course you are.. there aren't even any fans saying that you are going to win the whole thing on this page or anything...

He was making fair points.. but since the large majority of users on this site are English anything that goes against it, it's classified as hate or trolling...

Enjoy your victory anyway.. confidence is a good thing after all i suppose.

yes icon14.gif but look at the thread on where England fans think England will get to- and that is a realistic assessment to be fair. Germany will whoop our asses- and you anti-Englishers will get your satisfaction then :)

I do, as I've stated several times on this forum, though people still think I'm a troll. (I'm Scottish)

I don't understand how saying you want England to do well, sounds even remotely like trolling tbh :D

I'm sort of in the minority round where I live anyway, in wanting them to do well, but I do know a few others who feel the same.

Don't worry, most of us just don't care about scotland anymore. :D
When do England fans ever support Scotland? :confused:

Oh I've met plenty of the misguided fools. ;)

We have the last laugh though, as we know they're just letting themselves in for a lifetime of depression, dejection, misery, and heart-failure. Ok, if you don't know any Englishmen who shout for Scotland, can you at least ask your media to stop doing the "Awwww...... look at the plucky little diddy team.... ooh... there's even one of them who doesn't have red hair!" thingy? :p

Archived