Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

So what you're saying is that that right now we have constant advice and information coming in from staff and other areas of the game, from differently qualified/able/reputable sources, leaving us to make the final decision on whether it's useful or not.

How is this a problem? It's realistic. Managers aren't the be all and end all of a club. The game already extends far more options available to us that managers don't even touch upon when running a club in real life. If you want it to be just you then perhaps SI develop Football Dictatorship one day.

Right now you've already got indicators of which position suits a player best regarding where he's played in the 'positions' tab on a player profile, and when you click through a player's 'role' pre-game in the player instructions' basic view, it HIGHLIGHTS which stats are required for that role. If you can't figure out whether or not a player is going to succeed in a role from that, you're playing the wrong game. It already practically spells it out for you as is! If your right back has a finishing rating of 16, maybe you should re-train him to be more attacking, but that's hardly something that you need your assistant manager to tell you to "enhance your in game experience".

Right now with scout reports, agent news, awards, competition news, contracts, club finances, discipline, Job advertisements and firings, Injuries, Match Information, Media stories, General Messages, Records, Training and Transfer news we're being inundated with information. And that's before Backroom meetings, pre-season meetings and pre-match meetings. The idea is to streamline the information, not create MORE of it.

I agree with the option to get the scout reports in your inbox or just view them in the scout's profile.

I'd also like ot suggest a couple of little things:

1. One thing that's bugged me for years is in a player's "history" the list of statistics being league only is frustrating. It should be like in the 'statistics' tab where there's an option to change what competition you're viewing. eg. League or Overall or Champions Cup, etc.

2. When you view a scout report, it would be really handy for the scout to tell you of the player's squad status, ie if he'd be Home Grown, count towards the sides "foreign" player quota (since what constitutes "foreign" varies from league to league), if he's cup tied or ineligible for European competition, etc.

3. I've pitched this before, but I'll throw it in here anyway. Inspired by Edwin Van Der Sar helping united find a new keeper; as a high profile player gets older or sets their sights on retirement, have the option to ask them if they can recommend an 'heir' to their position, since generally players are reluctant to suggest players who will compete with them for a first team place. Whether they suggest a player within the academy or a player who's at another club, it would be handy.

4. In a player's "achievements" if the game listed who sold and signed them. eg. "[date] [team] Signed by [manager name] for 12,000,000" or "[date] [team] Sold by [chairman/manager, etc] for 12,000,000".

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds very good. An important addition for people who want this game to be more human-oriented.

It's a good idea to have a skirmish mode, given the departure of FM live and somewhat lack of functionality to network play. The ability to export your team with the current players, tactics etc. would be excellent since I'm always having a debate with a mate as to who has the best team.

The other thing that's been grinding my gears is the national team...I'm probably reiterating what other people have already said, but my two cents comes all the same...

1. It's still the same stock questions in the press conferences. There needs to be more distinction between domestic and international football with press conferences.

2. There should be managers contracts for the national team, as with club football. I don't see why there isn't.

3. There seems to be no finances at all for the national team, obviously we see FA's struggle for money as is, and realistically there should be some kind of financial repercussion for clubs missing out on major tournaments (short of the manager in question losing their job) and some kind of reward for smaller FA's scheduling friendlies with larger nations.

4. Board requests in national team football:

- Requesting a stay of execution to keep your job would be good.

- More importantly, nations fluctuate up and down world rankings, but we've all seen nations come out of the blue to enter the top 10 in world rankings with a sudden plethora of world class youngsters. In real life, many nations have developmental academies. It would be good if youth facilities were incorporated into NT set-ups to increase your nations chances of finding the next world beater carrying their respective passports. Especially when you've got players popping up at a club with a seemingly random nationality.

Might of already been mentioned already in this mega-thread but here goes....

Better AI team building logic and transfer activity.

- At the moment the long term game often becomes ridiculously easy to dominate as AI clubs don't have a clue on how to strengthen their squads, often buying players they neither need or use. Link the strength of how a club competes in the transfer market, targets players needed, and produces youngters to the attributes of their AI manager... the better the manager the better AI team bulding logic is. If its supposed to already work like this, its either broken or needs serious work.

More 3D player animations.

- I hate to say it but even Championship Manager <SPIT> had better 3D player animation than the current 3D engine in FM11.

More 3D views. A closer, zoomed-in, "Sideline" view that scrolls across the pitch.

- Currently its like watching microscopic ants kick a pixel around when the ball is on the far side of the pitch on some views (especially on larger pitches).

End of match celebrations.

- When your teams has just beaten a bitter rival or a team it had no hope against, the players should celebrate the achievement instead of robotically running off without further-a-do. Not essential but does add a bit more realism. And on the same theme, last game of the season lap of honour, on the pitch championship presentation, cup winners parading the cup around, fireworks, dancing girls..... ok ok thats a bit too much! :p

Goal celebrations should be more 'logical' :confused:

- What I means is my players should not celebrate scoring a goal in a meaningless reserve game as they would if it was a champions league final winner! :rolleyes:

Apart from the first one (which I feel is vitally important) the rest are more cosmetic additions, so no rush SI ;)

A few small things I've noticed recently that I'd love to see in FM12:

* More hotkeys, in particular one to add players to a shortlist, or even to get x report type on a player from y scout.

* Fix printing of fixture lists; right now it just gives you an almost blank page with lots of empty rows.

* An option to filter OUT a certain type of message by default. If I'm doing a lot of scouting, I'll get 50+ messages a day that I'm not going to look at from the news interface, and important news can consequently get lost in the scout reports.

* The ability to set leagues below a certain point in the pyramid as view-only or similiar. Right now, you'll never have a team in a playable league that was more than one division below playable at the start of the game; if you have England down to the BSN/BSS for example, no team in level 8 or lower will ever rmake it up the pyramid (and also no team will fall below level 7 although that's not so bad). I know there's the level 11 mods and such, but I'm never going to manage that low (and the burden that loading so many completely useless players, fully-simulated leagues etc. would put on my computer makes it definitely not worth it), I just want more variety in teams becoming playable.

* The ability to save teams and have one-off matches between them would be a really nice little touch.

Might have been mentioned but i'd like to see the all time records for competitions, not just seasonal ones, like all time Champions League record goal scorer and Premier League all time top goal scorer ect.

You mean exactly what is found under eg. "World" > "Spain" > "LIGA BBVA" > "History" > "Records" and listed under "Player Records" as the top option?

It would be good if you could click on each individual record and view a top 5 for the records. eg. you go into that window, click eg. "Highest scoring game" and it shows you a dropdown with the 4 next closest achievements to the record holders.

I'd like to see a massive improvement with FMO, currently it's a right malarke connecting to a network game, time it changed drastically imo, so fingers crossed this improves for FM12.

Oh yes, please!

I don't remember if I have mentioned this before, but we need badly list of champions summary, like this:

18 Liverpool, Manchester United

13 Arsenal

9 Everton

7 Aston Villa

6 Sunderland

etc.

I have 2 simple wishes:

1. WEEKLY TRAINING REGIMES:

Just like IRL, I'd like to schedule weekly training regimes for my team. So we could have drop down menus for all 7 days of the week with options to choose from and modify whenever we want to. For example:

- Monday: Rest from the Sunday game, and for those who didn't play to do some fitness exercises to make sure they dont loose their fitness.

- Tuesday: Individual training (this option is based on the individual training section that was introduced in FM 11)

- Wednesday: Again I could choose Individual training or any other option available.

- Thursday: Team training (focused on whatever is needed to be improved by the team based on the previous game or games, eg. attacking set pieces, team quemistry, etc)

- Friday: ......

And so on. And if that week we have a Wednesday CL or Cup game then that training day should be unavailable obviously since the team is playing that day (Same thing would happen for the Sunday games).

Another thing that we could do with this mode of training is add "morning/afternoon" trainings. With this option we could have 2 different training sessions in one day, using the same drop down system explained before.. But this can only be applicable if the players have Full Time contracts, otherwise (Part Timers or Amateurs) training sessions would only be set to 1 per day (either morning or afternoon).

2. 2D STADIUMS:

I have been playing FM for many years now, even before the 3D gameplay was introduced, and I still find it more entertaining to watch the 2D players than the 3D, and I'm sure many more out there feel the same way.

So, based on this I was wondering, how hard is it to see a small part of the stadiums that we see in 3D, but in the 2D mode. I mean the info about the stadiums color or style is already saved in the database, so why not implement it in the 2D view. It would be an easy "from the sky" view, simply just to give a bit more life to the 2D games. I mean everytime I play a game, I don't sense that we play home or away, it's just the same. I sometimes forget if we play home or away, and I have to check the scoreboard to see if my team is on the right or the left side of the scoreboard xD

Is it too hard to implement this last wish?

That's all for now. I'd like to hear from someone from SI to check if this 2 simple wishes can come true, specially the Weekly training regime, since I think the training section could be improved even more.

replace PA by PDR (player development rate)

we simply can't put caps on how much a player can improve, every year a player will learn something and improve sure.

and this will correct DB teams mistakes when they set the players PA, as with PDR in worst case scenario players will improve but a different rate like IRL

we simply can't put caps on how much a player can improve, every year a player will learn something and improve sure.

and this will correct DB teams mistakes when they set the players PA, as with PDR in worst case scenario players will improve but a different rate like IRL

OMG This must be done!

Agree 100 % :applause:

SI are you listening? :thup::thup::thup:

You mean exactly what is found under eg. "World" > "Spain" > "LIGA BBVA" > "History" > "Records" and listed under "Player Records" as the top option?

No i don't mean that at all. I mean what i say, i want to be able to see the all time record goal scorer every for competiton like you can do with clubs eg: Henry is Arsenals all time league top scorer with 174 goals (which is shown in the game) Raul is currently the Champions League all time top scorer with 71 goals, but the game doesn't currently show Rauls record anywhere.

Same with the Prem. Shearer is the all time prem top scorer, but this isn't shown anywhere.

While i'm at it i also would like to see top european goal scorer / most european apperances player records for clubs. Currently we only get league records shown for clubs.

This debate has been done to death 1000 times and to be honest, it's not really moving in any particular direction. I think the vast majority of people who post in the relevant threads agree that PA is a perfectly decent system and that there is an innate natural level beyond which an individual player cannot improve. Yes, it's not possible for researchers to accurately predict the future, but neither can managers, journalists, etc in real life.

For FM12 I would hope we had the opportunity to disable the regens for a choice of 1, 2 or 3 seasons.

My idea is that you choose this when starting a new game. Maybe one managers wants the regens from start-up (after season break season 1) - he choose from start up, another manager wants the regens to come after 2 seasons, he choose this option, and maybe a third manager wants them to come out after 3 seasons, as he is Barcelona and have many youth players to choose from, and want to develop these "real" footballers instead of unreal regens.

Bigger clubs with many youth players and good economy dont need the regens that come after the first season,

If you are a international big club and wants better youth players than the club have from start-up; buy youth players from another club instead of getting regens for free.

But if this idea should be a success, I think the game should have a better youth system.

More players under age of 17 - full youth squads of every big clubs in the 3-7 biggest leagues in world (Italy, Spain, England, Brazil, Holland, German f.ex)

Si should try to get the approval to have real life players in the age of 14 anf 15yo in the game also

The game should have more accurate U16 teams/leagues/cups and U17 national teams.

Player attributes, PA and CA for youth players should also be more accurate to RL.

This way, we dont need regens the 2-3 first seasons, as you have a bunch of 15, 16 and 17yo to choose from!

For me the biggest must-have is something a lot of others have asked for: an optional 'Stat Blind' mode.

As much as i've enjoyed trawling through endless seas of attributes over the years the game is becoming too easy. I'd love the additional (but optional) challenge of having to take gambles on player's abilities. Assembling a world-class team would immediately become a much greater challenge, not the least because foriegn signings would be riskier in nature.

I would like to see individual shouts. Like the quick tactics -> target opposition player. Specifically I'd like a "unleash the fury from the touchline" option at any player looking complacent or disinterested. A "calm the bloody hell down" option for those losing discipline and a "WAKE UP!" for anyone not doing their bloody job.

Optional to use them obviously. But I've always felt it a bit weird I can tell my team to get stuck in and play narrower but I can't single out the captain for strutting around like the game's won when we're only 1-0 up.

I would like to see individual shouts. Like the quick tactics -> target opposition player. Specifically I'd like a "unleash the fury from the touchline" option at any player looking complacent or disinterested. A "calm the bloody hell down" option for those losing discipline and a "WAKE UP!" for anyone not doing their bloody job.

Those with "get forward" or "stay back" for individual players would be a great addition for increased realism.

Guest El Payaso

- Old tactics that we're used in FM untill 2008. Every manager has their own ways to play their players, there shouldn't be ready roles. Or was the difference between Mourinho's and Benitez's Inter that Mourinho decided to play Maicon as a wing-back attack instead of full-back and Cambiasso as ball-winning-midfielder instead of deep lying playmaker? Lol.

- Sort the match engine finally! The defending in this game is just horrible. There are situations where defending side has 7-8 men under the ball and attacking side has 3-4 players in forward and still the result is a player through on goal because of the stupidity of defending players. Also when you look replays, you can see that the defending player is always the one who makes the wrong decision.

- Change the average rating system that for once team's best player is the defending midfielder who is the soul of the team. Scott Parker, Michael Essien, Busquets, Fletcher, all very important players in real life even though they don't shine in the attacking zone.

The possibility to choose playmaker not by a "player list" but "player tactic position".

So if my playmaker is a DMF or a MF, and I swap MF position or sub a player, I don't have to go necessary to the playmaker/target man list.

If a player has as favorite staff "me", I should be able to transfer negotiations with an advantage role, even if the agent dislikes me.

For me the biggest must-have is something a lot of others have asked for: an optional 'Stat Blind' mode.

As much as i've enjoyed trawling through endless seas of attributes over the years the game is becoming too easy. I'd love the additional (but optional) challenge of having to take gambles on player's abilities. Assembling a world-class team would immediately become a much greater challenge, not the least because foriegn signings would be riskier in nature.

100 % YES!

There is a work-around for this if you check the post I've linked, but yes I too would love to see a blind mode added so we don't have to mess with skins to make the attributes invisible.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/261177-Help-me-modify-a-few-panels.?p=6669071#post6669071

Filter research for "selectable/eligible for european/continental competition"

Youth team should be trained/managed by a own manager/coach, I mean, I could ask him to use/not use a particular tactic (mine) in matches (if not he'll use his preferred one, so when choosing one you have to be careful of this) this can be useful to have players ready when they're put in the first team. Plus the board may/may not let you choose a particular coach you like or if it's their stuff.

FM is the one series of game that I've purchased every year, ever since CM2 was released. The problem I have now is that it is just a game of numbers. It really needs a shake up, to make it more like real life, and I think to do this would be to remove all visible stat numbers of players and coaches.

I think that there is too much reliance on getting the high stat players and not enough use of scouts and coaches effectively. The awesome regen youths are a prime example. I think it would be so much better if you had to use scouts continuously for finding players (not just their stats when they're hidden), and having to judge the opinions of the scouts. Having to really take note of coach reports for training sessions to find out who is training well and who isn't. Make it more like real life where you have to find out what a player is like before signing him (perhaps with the exception being the world class players like Messi who everyone knows about).

Replacing the stats would be several attributes for each player which describe their ability, and which you'd have to scout to find out. The better the scout the closer they'd be to getting the correct attributes. Things like: skillful winger, great finisher, free kick expert, ball winner, great in the air, etc... There are loads which could be used to describe a players skills. I could go into more detail (I've thought about it a lot!) but I don't want to ramble on any more.

I know it's not likely to happen (I guess there are too many people who love comparing stats of players) but I think something like this is necessary to take the game forward. Make managing a team more like it really is and not just a game of numbers. It's too easy to dominate in this game once you've found the high stat players. I certainly think it would help make the lower leagues more challenging and less likely that we'd see those lower league times winning the Premiership after 5 or 6 seasons. I want it to be as close to managing a football team in real life as is possible in a computer game, and removing numbers for players abilities for us all to see is one way of doing that.

(this is more than just hiding the current stats as posted above :))

Optional to use them obviously. But I've always felt it a bit weird I can tell my team to get stuck in and play narrower but I can't single out the captain for strutting around like the game's won when we're only 1-0 up.

These are two ideas that I like, neither of which sound too tricky to implement.

Youth team should be trained/managed by a own manager/coach, I mean, I could ask him to use/not use a particular tactic (mine) in matches (if not he'll use his preferred one, so when choosing one you have to be careful of this) this can be useful to have players ready when they're put in the first team. Plus the board may/may not let you choose a particular coach you like or if it's their stuff.

You can already set a coach to take charge of your youth team, though I guess the game could be a bit more explicit about this and introduce a "head of academy" position or something similar.

- Old tactics that we're used in FM untill 2008. Every manager has their own ways to play their players, there shouldn't be ready roles. Or was the difference between Mourinho's and Benitez's Inter that Mourinho decided to play Maicon as a wing-back attack instead of full-back and Cambiasso as ball-winning-midfielder instead of deep lying playmaker? Lol.

You can tweak pretty much every aspect of a player's role using the advanced player instructions, the 'ready roles' just preset these to certain values.

- Change the average rating system that for once team's best player is the defending midfielder who is the soul of the team. Scott Parker, Michael Essien, Busquets, Fletcher, all very important players in real life even though they don't shine in the attacking zone.

Yes, the work of defensively-minded midfielders is underestimated by the ratings system currently.

You can already set a coach to take charge of your youth team, though I guess the game could be a bit more explicit about this and introduce a "head of academy" position or something similar.

yeah i know you can let someone handle it, but I was referring to something like "head of academy".

This only just came to me just now, as I just resigned from my reign in Turkey and am looking for a new job. I thought, you know you apply for jobs - but it doesn't seem that realistic. In real life, you don't apply for jobs and then wait to see if you got it. You normally will have an interview to get one.

This comes onto my idea of having interviews with the board of the club you want to manage at. Obviously, the club has to be interested somewhat in order for you to gain an interview, but it would be structured in the same way that boardroom request/press conference is structured. You get a few questions and then a few answers to reply back with e.g. 'What is your aim with this club?' and your options could be 'Make them into the next big force.' or 'I want to play in Europe against the elite.' etc.

This can also improve chances of you getting a job which in the current FMs, you might not be able to get, because other managers may be a bit too ambitious for the club but you are more eye-to-eye with the board.

This only just came to me just now, as I just resigned from my reign in Turkey and am looking for a new job. I thought, you know you apply for jobs - but it doesn't seem that realistic. In real life, you don't apply for jobs and then wait to see if you got it. You normally will have an interview to get one.

This comes onto my idea of having interviews with the board of the club you want to manage at. Obviously, the club has to be interested somewhat in order for you to gain an interview, but it would be structured in the same way that boardroom request/press conference is structured. You get a few questions and then a few answers to reply back with e.g. 'What is your aim with this club?' and your options could be 'Make them into the next big force.' or 'I want to play in Europe against the elite.' etc.

This can also improve chances of you getting a job which in the current FMs, you might not be able to get, because other managers may be a bit too ambitious for the club but you are more eye-to-eye with the board.

I've seen something along these lines mentioned a few times. It'd be a really neat feature.

Of course you'd end up dealing with Boards who have different priorities in different places, so for instance:

Attractive Football

League Position

Respectability

Continental Competition

Financial Solubility

Trophies

Club Philisophy

And also different levels of ambition and realism. With some boards talking yourself up would be a neccessity (but raise expectations) while at others being realistic would be seen as a virtue when the league is awash with teams that aimed high, but ultimately failed and are still suffering the financial consequences.

Obviously your reputation, experiance and track-record would be the most important factor in getting a job, but your interview should play a part. If you ace the interview (i.e. your reactions are most in line with theirs) then it should tip things in your favour... or vice versa.

---

Additionally a small thing: When you come to negotiating your contract you should be able to put in clauses like 'full control over transfer proceedings' as this is something real life managers seem to be requesting to an increasing degree and are most upset about when bypassed.

Obviously this would work best when there are some clubs who entirely bypass the manager when it comes to signings (something else I would like to see implemented).

If this has been said before, I apologise, but I don't want to read through 69 pages of messages! How about giving more flexibility when setting out formations. Like being able to move the marker of each player individually to where you want them to start, rather than having a rigid formation. I know this is on Fifa, but I believe it's the one thing that the game is up on FM for.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but one thing that annoys me is when you've got a cup game or insignificant game where you want to play some reserves or youth players having to move them all individually into the first team and then back again.

Surely it would make sense to have some sort of checkbox next to each player so you could just go down and select every player you wished and then apply an action to all (i.e move selected players to first team).

Please, fix the fact that the youth players are gravely underrated and often only good when hyped up. Look at a player like Giovinco a couple of FM:s ago.. Was COMPLETELY CRAPPY before he was "known" and then POFF, one FM later he was magically transformed into a class player. How can your scouts (SI, I'm talking to you) be so ******? Just because a player is 17 and not hyped to the sky doesn't mean he can't have magical feet or a fantastic speed. Fools! :p

I would like to see an overhaul of how complacency works. A big difference in team reputation shouldn't increase the likelihood of the bigger teams' strikers hitting the woodwork and missing penalties, and in real life, smaller teams don't get magical bonuses to their long shot and set piece attributes. Yet, with FM11's complacency logic, Real Madrid would be unable to beat an under-12 girls team since differences in reputation automatically bestow proportional bonuses and penalties to the respective teams. Consequently, if real life worked like FM11, such a match would see Ronaldo play like a cripple while my niece would be able to effortlessly nail curving shots from 30 yards out.

As it stands, playing a League 2 side with a Premier League side at the tail end of a winning streak often proves more difficult than playing sides like Man Utd and Barcelona. Notice that I didn't say it offers a greather "challenge" because it doesn't really add a challenge, just an unrealistic annoyance.

In real life, bigger teams usually have trouble against smaller teams due to the use of negative, "anti-football" tactics. The result is that the larger team has trouble getting into the opposing box while the smaller team starts to get chances as the larger team is forced to commit more men forward. You only very rarely see one team completely dominate possession, get 6 CCC's only to miss every single one while the smaller team scores in their only shot on goal. Yet, this happens all the time in FM11, because the ME relies on reputation-based attribute bonuses and penalties to paper over its inability to accurately depict defensive football.

It's unrealistic. It's annoying. It needs an overhaul.

I'd like to see online mode improved since FML has gone. Also after asking elswhere I can't believe SI don't provide at least a game lobby where people can log in and see whose online and available for a game. Instead we have to leave details in a forum thread, pm people, and hope someone might be online at the same time as you or is reliable and will turn up when they say they will. I thought we left that type of system behind back in the 90's :lol:

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but one thing that annoys me is when you've got a cup game or insignificant game where you want to play some reserves or youth players having to move them all individually into the first team and then back again.

Surely it would make sense to have some sort of checkbox next to each player so you could just go down and select every player you wished and then apply an action to all (i.e move selected players to first team).

You can select multiple players by ctrl + click on each one, or a range of players by click on where you want to start and shift+click where you want to end.

The thing i want the most is a more aggressive transfer market. There are barely any signings from anyone. Teams just buy ****** youngsters or ****** older players. Yeah you might get the odd good transfer, like Real just signed Lucio and Vidal, bit in general no-one does anything. Needs more pro activity. A club needs to have more ambition. Tottenham, for instance, are the worst at this. They buy some god-awful 31 yr/old striker on a free, when they have £30m sitting in the transfer kitty. Sort it out, for the love of god.

The option to close down in a particular area of the pitch.

eg. Split pitch into say three sections and have the option to set my striker to only close down in the final third. (thus saving my striker from being too knackered or too far away to close down and prevent the oppo. GK from edging up the pitch and delivering the kick that will embarass my keeper via a "freak" goal.

A "Get Your Fingers Out" shout, with the option to direct it at certain individuals as well as a general team shout. To use as a modulator to a teamtalk that's being ignored, particularly after Half-Time, or to combat complacency, where it will be accepted by the players as a fair warning of imminent substitution.

Move the pre-season meeting forward. July 1st is a date when a lot of changes to the squad happens at least if you play a smaller team and rely heavily on free transfers. Somehow it feels rather useless to get the information from the pre-season meeting when the team is far from done, I have no use of knowing that player x should be taking corners when he is moving out next week.

I think that maybe a meeting at the beginning of June to look over what the team needs and staff recommendations of what and who to look at could be a good idea. And then the real pre-season meeting mid July.

Move the pre-season meeting forward. July 1st is a date when a lot of changes to the squad happens at least if you play a smaller team and rely heavily on free transfers. Somehow it feels rather useless to get the information from the pre-season meeting when the team is far from done, I have no use of knowing that player x should be taking corners when he is moving out next week.

I think that maybe a meeting at the beginning of June to look over what the team needs and staff recommendations of what and who to look at could be a good idea. And then the real pre-season meeting mid July.

Probably it would be a good idea to move the season changeover date forwards to immediately after the final games of a season are played. This would resolve a few other things - i.e. a large proportion of summer purchases taking place before budgets have been decided etc. For England I guess a sensible date would be June 1 but this might require a bit of messing around with regens and/or contracts.

-The ability to add multiple versions of the appearance clause to transfer offers; i.e. £250k after 10 games and another £250k after 30 games.

-The ability to send players that have been playing in an international tournament during the off-season on extended holiday once they return.

Archived