Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me these are two of the most important things future versions of the game should be looking for:

Newgens suggestions: I can't understand why after 1/2 years should appear 19/20 yrs old wonderful players, with skills out of mind better than Messi and C.Ronaldo. It's wrong this way, they should appear <=18yrs and not fully developed.

This way talents in real life (and relative research work....) < 23yrs don't have sense. Why should I hunt Funes Mori or his generations players?

This is completely true. I'm not saying (like many people i've read) that newgens shouldn't exist or that there never should exist newgens better than Messi... Newgens are a very important part of the game and are pretty much needed to keep the DB balanced. (and I really don't agree with those who say that you shouldn't get crappy players from your youth system... it is the reality... for every good player that is "born" a lot of average are coming up....).

What I'm saying is that if players are coming up already very well developed and with 18 or 19, it will ruin the whole purpose of follow closely that other one who is clearly no good for your team right now, but should be in four or five years. I've read elsewhere that a newgen from aleague that is not active will appear with 18 or 19, while newgens from active leagues will appear with 14 and 15. So, why should you take care of your promising youngster that MAY be a good player in five years, if you know that every year there are plenty of ready-to-play coming up?

1ยบ)Players and staff should have their attributes and personalities hidden. We should listen carfully to what staff and players have to say, and observe the matches, take notes and others, like realy managers do to obtain information.

This is kind of my "dream" for future versions. I know that the attributes of the players are somewhat the real core of the history of CM/FM. We all are playing the game based on the attributes. But there should be an option (like the option of having the attributes masked or not) that would mask the attributes permanently.

Let me list the presumable objections and my response to them:

1) how could we know who to choose in our own team?

2) How could you know who to buy?

Answers:

by your knowledge of real life

by your assistants reports and advices

(most important of all) by watch them play

This should get you a much more realistic experience. You would be forced to watch several games from a player in order to know him well. In real lfe teams tend to buy players from its own league. Why? because they know them better (and because they tend to adapt better than someone that caomes from abroad). In FM it is pretty much the same thing to buy abroad or domestic. Once you get the players attribute, the risk is very much the same. With all attributes masked, there will be a bigger risk when buying abroad.

It is very unrealistic to know exactly how good a player is in such and such aspect of the game. This is even unreal for players of your own team. To mask up permanently the attributes should create a new way of playing. You woudn't be so much focused on buying and selling (as we tend to be right now), but on the coaching side of the game.

Plus, it would level things up between human and AI teams. As things are, AI teams often buy players with crappy attributes; they tend to be focused on reputation, I think; human players, on the other hand, have full access of players attributes, and can make their decisions based upon it. In a "blinded mode", it would be hard to get that 11 world star team in 5/6 seasons...

And remember.... this would be optional, so all of you who wouldn't like it could easily untick that option (as, right now, you can untick attributes masking).

I'd be fine with that if it was just an option. Fully-viewable stats should very much remain the default option though.

---

On the squad screen, the custom view option is a welcome extra. I'd prefer that every detail available when clicking on a player be available from the squad or player search screen. Currently omitted are things like date of birth and minimum fee release clauses. Both are just examples, but I've needed them in a more handy grouped view on a couple of occasions.

There are 67 pages on this thread, so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before.

Perhaps having the manager appear in the matches next to the subs in the dugout would be a nice addition. Just in the way we pick our name and get to upload our picture perhaps there could be an option on the dress code you can adopt on match day i.e. shirt and tie or sports wear etc.

Again, sorry if this has already been mentioned.

An Option to choose a personality for your manager like loyal, ambitious, professional etc. This could infiuence your interaction with your environment (for example players with similar personalities liking you) and result in dialog options that fit to your personality.

Common in Italy is the option to co-own a player for a set fee during the loan of said player. This is similar to the option currently available to buy a player outright during a loan for a set free. It'd be a welcome extra.

I'll just add here that Parma (in real life) have options to turn the loans of Antonio Candreva and Sebastian Giovinco into active co-ownership deals, so it's very much an active part of the (bizarre!) Italian transfer system.

Players who are co-owned can also be loaned out. This isn't possible in-game either and it would be a good addition.

Two simple features which I have long felt should be included in the game:

• The ability to uncover player stats by using the view option to watch him play - particularly useful for lower leagues.
  • Created managers should be able to include place of birth into their details - this could lead to managers 'returning to manage home town clubs etc'.

If it has been mentioned apologies.

It would be nice to have a tactics notebook, wherein, you could for each match, note(save) OI instructions, Ass Man Feedback, shouts used and other tactical changes made.

I would find it handy so I could more thoroughly review where things haven't gone quite right, or when playing the same team again be able to go over match notes from the previous encounter.

ta

As someone mentioned before, I would like better animations both at the start of the match and at the end. Everytime I watch the final whistle it looks like I'm watching Turkey-Switzerland playoff. They just run to the tunnel like sissies.

A match engine thatโ€™s able to handle all the commonly used formations with out favouring one over the others I.E not having one formation or tactic that is clearly superior to all others.

A graphical representation of football matches that doesnโ€™t look odd and brake the illusion because its players do bizarre things that no real play would dream of doing. E.G defenders slowing down when they should racing to take possession of a lose ball.

A.I Managers that shows forethought in transfer dealings building a balanced squad with cover in all positions they intend to utilise. Brining young players through rather then playing their stars players well into their thirties and well past their best. Not spending vast large sums on established players only to leave them mouldering in the reserves until their contracts run out and they can leave on a free.

Newgens whoโ€™s spread of attributes make sense so that I can believe that players like that may exist in the future. As well as a full range of types of player so twenty game years from now I can still find big strong target men and little nippy strikers.

Not to have to answer a string of repetitious, ambiguously phrased questions with the possibility of punishment for selecting the wrong answer.

A Scouting system that asks the player to make strategic decisions on the use of resources rather then rewarding those who can devote the most time to sending scouts out and reading their reports.

A training module that is strategically complex and can't be optimised early in a game and then left alone for many in game years.

You know how you get some players who struggle to 'fit-in', either because of the language barrier or age, personality, etc?

Why can't we assign them a 'buddy'? Someone who is either the same nationality or can speak their language, whatever...? I'm sure football clubs IRL don't buy a new player and leave him to his own devices, there has to be some sort of 'befriending' in place, no?

A graphical representation of football matches that doesnโ€™t look odd and brake the illusion because its players do bizarre things that no real play would dream of doing. E.G defenders slowing down when they should racing to take possession of a lose ball.

A.I Managers that shows forethought in transfer dealings building a balanced squad with cover in all positions they intend to utilise. Brining young players through rather then playing their stars players well into their thirties and well past their best. Not spending vast large sums on established players only to leave them mouldering in the reserves until their contracts run out and they can leave on a free.

Newgens whoโ€™s spread of attributes make sense so that I can believe that players like that may exist in the future. As well as a full range of types of player so twenty game years from now I can still find big strong target men and little nippy strikers.

These three suggestions are a must do!

Okay, I've played FM/CM for many, many years. I started playing Championship Manager 00/01 when I was 9 years old and have bought every single CM and FM game since. After the CM/FM split-up I've kept buying both versions but I'm more attracted by FM. You can say that these games are a big part of my life and I've been reading the community sections for each game for 5-6 years now without commenting.

Now I feel like it's finally time for my "defloration" ... Can you, PLEASE, add tabs to the game? Tabs, you know, like on your internet browser, so one can look simultaneously at many players or teams? I don't think it would be a problem at all, the tabs just close when you press continue or when something significant happens .. the "makers" of the game should be able to deal with that, but please add tabs to the game, it would seriously rock.

I would have a compare of two tactics.. If my first tactic (lets us name it tactic A) have played 10 games and have 3 win, 2 draws and 5 loss and I change for a tactic B then it should be seeing what tactic is the best like this:

Tactic A: 3W-2D-5L -5

Tactic B: 4W-2D-4L +5

I hope you understand me

Editor sugestions :

-CA calculator (wen creating a player and add attributes the editor should calculate is CA on the fly instead we need to make a new save and see what happens )

-See how well the player will develop ( research editor has this our doesn't )

-Editor Interface is so dam archaic

-Wen creating competitions if conflict is found the editor could tell were it his ( example creating dates for competition stages tell which one is conflicting )

-Future Loans

-Its still very limited wen creating competitions example : Extend League Playoff Customization ,creating international competitions is still very limited )

-Add future board elections

-Create a helping system similar to the FM one

-ability to see wich records have 'failed' rather than just saying 'x number of changes failed' having to search manually for the failed change is an abomination

My real issue is making the board/fans a lot more appreciative of your successes. Just because I said I would win the league, doesn't make it any less effing awesome when I do as Liverpool manager. Likewise when I sell a guy I rarely play, it's not a big deal and everyone should just relax - I got this!

I'd also like it to be easier to sell players (even if it has to be for a lower price), but I haven't got that far into 11.3 to find out if they fixed that or not.

It would be good to become a youth coach and work your way up the ladder, producing quality youth team players. It would also be funny to be given a knighthood for achievements in football and other various honours, e.g. leading celtic to the champions league final or even scotland to a world cup lol. Another good idea could be becoming special advisors for young up and coming managers. Would be good to provide some advice on players to buy, who to play, etc. i'm not too sure if it is already on the game, but asking players to come out of retirement would be a good tool if struggling for players due to injuries or suspensions. Another idea could be being employed in different jobs in football, such as a coach or scout for a club, or even during matches as a pundit, providing your opinion on games, e.g being invited to a world cup or premier league and champions league games.

Just a small idea. If i sign a player on free transfer, or sign a south american when he is 16, I would like the idea that I can sugggest (send him a tutor?) to learn the language of the country of club he is joining. Just like in real life :)

Being able to choose a group of players to take set-pieces rather than just 1, and if he's off the field then someone else takes all corners. I'd like to say instead of 'player x, then if he's not on the field player y and if he's not the field player z', either player x, y and z to take said set piece.

And a little pop-up message when your team has a penalty so you choose who to take. Sometimes your main taker may be having a bad day or you may not want your player on 2 goals to automatically take it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one great idea in my opinion and I think you will also love it if you really love football. I was thinking about some way to make quick starts or even normal database starts with the option to CHOOSE the year to start. Let's just have it like this: I'm buying Football manager 2012 but maybe I want again to feel the taste of managing in the 2004/2005 season... or why not 2002/2003 when Chelsea was not that strong ???

I know, if you like to turn back time you could play FM 2005 or CM 4 for the seasons I mentioned, but they don't have the facilities that you are bringing us with the new developed games :) I hope my idea will bring something good for this game and more fans !

Thanks !

PS: I hope I posted the reply in the right place.

1) More in depth 1 to 1 with players. I often have the "player has problems motiviating themselves for you" comment but there existing conversations have no real option to reslove it.

2) The option to design both attacking and defending set plays.

3) Better player mentoring from senior players. If a youth player spent a year being mentored by a senior player then it should more detailed or at least tell me what they learned.

4) Mid-week team talks or meeting. Let players offer suggestions on their own advancement and tactics.

5) More effective half-time talks. Often I have clicked to see what effect they have only to see the usual "No real effect" beside player names.

6) Already stated but better transfers for human teams. If another manager wants a star player from my team they should be willing to offer lots of wonga.

7 More variation is half-time talks and they should also depend on the AM's motivation stats. A more experience AM with high motivation should have more dialogue options.

That's all I can think of atm :D

Add assistant managers and coaches to the U21/U19 teams, so they seperate from the senior squad..

Add relegation and promotion in Youth Leagues.. - At least in the country where they are built like that... i.e Denmark

"Under the radar" don't have to be viewable tables but rankings on where youre U14-15-16 teams rank in the country

Add reputation to players in the search bar.. Not only managers/coaches

Make the reputation less important for clubs when assigning new managers, i see all the time that big time players gets huge manager jobs when no experience in maneging at all..

Profiles for owners, directors - what style are they.. Strict.. Laid back.. maybe even wealth?

Day 2 Day or weekly training breakdowns by your assistant manager..

1. The enquiry feature MUST be changed. Because as good as 99% of the times the clubs reject your enquiry. Whats the point of having that feature in the game if its that useless/unusable. Let the clubs quote their price and then bargaining would be fun ! Rejecting enquiries for Indispensable or First team players makes sense. But others ? Most clubs would quote some sort of a price.

2. I firmly believe that the game depends a LOT on the news items. And in my opinion the current state of news items is poor at best. We need to have some larger news items. And a lot more variety as well. Also, when some player is playing extraordinarily good, perhaps there could be an article on him and his form, etc ? Same for a manager ? And more of the opinion-centric news items would be great. For eg, when you comment on some player, the opinion of other players/fan/any party involved therein could be told ? Apart from this, if SI find some way to keep the news items from getting stale, like they do in a season or 2, i would say the game would be near perfect. Because IMO, the news items screen is easily the most important screen in the game, most important as well as one on which we all spend the most time on. And theres not much atmosphere being built around the important games. And also there should be some articles on tactics being employed by the teams. For eg, if your team is not doing well, maybe some famous columnist on some famous website, has something to say on your tactics employed in your recent matches ? And they need not necessarily be correct yes, since all they are doing is voice their opinion. Things like these would make FM much much more interesting.

3. Players asking permission for PPMs they think would improve their game. But not getting upset if they are denied.

4. More team talk options. Its a field that desperately needs improving.

5. Manager-team meeting once in a while. Not as often as backroom advice meeting. More like once in 3-6 months. So as to discuss where the season is heading, etc.

6. Board inviting the manager to discuss some issue. I mean is it just the job of the manager to approach the board every single time ? And even the Board can decide on linking with another club, feeder or parent. In such case you as manager could be invited to have your say on the matter. Its not always the manager who would feel the need for a feeder/parent club.

7. I do not know if its there in the game, but shouldnt there be an increase in the amount of winnings in the league/cup competitions from time to time ? Ive played 7 seasons, but still the amount awarded to the winner of the EPL, ECC, etc are all the same, while my wages would surely increase with time. The only thing balancing it is the increase in sponsor money, but wouldnt it be realistic to slightly increase the amount of winnings after say 5-6 years or so ?

8. Better AI team building and more consistency for AI teams. I mean i do not see ManU not being able to qualify for Europe after 3 seasons....just ridiculous !

9. More interaction with managers. Not just when you are about to play them but even in the general scheme of things.

A module to let you take control of what the board normally does.

The game obviously already knows how much each upgrade costs (and in most cases tells you), so there's no real technical reason why an option for this can't be put into the game.

You have a screen with projected profit/loss for the year. Maybe add a few sliders to give you options to see how you'd fare if you did less than expected, or did worse than expected. An option for your transfer/wage budget.

It'd give you an output of how much you'd make/lose over the year based on those estimates and your actual current expenditures.

You set your own expectations.

You set all the board-set options like staff amounts, scouting range, facilities like training/academy, youth, stadium, and it'd tell you what the projected costs are, and you set how you want to pay for them.

We have eyes everywhere ;)

That'll be the Scottish water, you should have put more Whisky in it ;)

A module to let you take control of what the board normally does.

The game obviously already knows how much each upgrade costs (and in most cases tells you), so there's no real technical reason why an option for this can't be put into the game.

You have a screen with projected profit/loss for the year. Maybe add a few sliders to give you options to see how you'd fare if you did less than expected, or did worse than expected. An option for your transfer/wage budget.

It'd give you an output of how much you'd make/lose over the year based on those estimates and your actual current expenditures.

You set your own expectations.

You set all the board-set options like staff amounts, scouting range, facilities like training/academy, youth, stadium, and it'd tell you what the projected costs are, and you set how you want to pay for them.

Stick to singing Dave... I don't want any of this... not a single thing!

I really like to see the training and Coaches completly revamp.

for example, if we want to have a min 4start in every training category we must have a coach dedicated to that category... so for us to have 4 star min in every category we must have 9 coaches.

This is very unreal! i dont know any manager on the world that have 9 coaches to his service.

I think that this needs to be changed. One single coache should have the ability to give 5 star in at least two categories.

1) More realistic Player Interaction - example. Would a real life manager/coach allow a player to turn around and effectivly tell him to get lost when suggesting learning new skills.

2) Regens - Create more realistic real life events, such as failed drug tests, car crashes, boozy nights out etc (I understand we can't apply to real life players in the game for fear of litigation)

3) Improved youth structure i.e U18's, U 16's etc. More focus on their acievements, such as Youth Cups, International Tounaments etc

4) Transfer system and player values - I would like to see player values linked more closely with duration of contract. Also when a rich club comes in for your key players they expect to pay upto double if not triple his current value.

5) Improved Press Talk engine, must be more fluid, and relevant to current situation. so you don't silly statements such as you must be delighted to draw a team two dvisions below you in the cup when the team you have drawn has just carried out a massive giant killing in the previous round.

SCOUTING HAS TO BE MORE REALISTIC/DIFFICULT

In reality most clubs scout players for a long period of time before signing them. And even so we see a lot of players failing at their new club. In FM scouting is far too easy. You scout a players once or twice at max, know all of their attributes and can be fairly safe that the player is about as good as you think. As this idea would increase the difficulty and the time needed, maybe it should be an optional feature. So here we go:

1. At the beginning you would only know the most attributes of highly-reputed players and outstanding attributes (e.g. Pace = 19) of players in your league.

2. Other attributes of players in your league would be like "tackling = 13-16, marking = 12-17"

3. With scouting you can make these attributes more accurate but it takes time. Right now you can scout any player and within a few days you know his exact attributes. Here a scout would have to attend a match in which the player plays, to make 5-10 attributes (depends on scout quality) more accurate.

4. If a player has a good run of form, scouts tend to overrate him and vice versa.

5. AI clubs should also follow this scouting procedure instead of buying some high-PA gems who haven't played a single game.

Wow this topic has grown. Just a few that I couldn't find on this page (they may be there - but I'm a little excited as I'm leaving for London in an hour).

Medicals

I think when you sign someone the physio should do a "scout" report for you just before you confirm the signing. It will tell you the likelyhood of any occuring/reoccuring injury the player may have. WE have all heard of the "signed baring a medical" and such. Why don't we have these yet? Aye the board will cancel a transfer if something is seriously wrong but I would like to know what and where is the problem. Then we can decide if it is worth the punt or not.

Squad Meet Ups

Again. Just look at Scotland's week long meet up in La Manga (including Scott Brown's golfing outfit :thup: ) Of course it can only happen during the international weeks, and at times will take place instead of a friendly. Although not always (like Scotland).

Fans Better understanding

Drawing 2-2 with Rangers/Celtic, even if you were 2-0 up or on a 12 game unbeaten run is not a disaster. IN fact if you're one of the non-city provisional clubs drawing/losing to anyone is not a disaster unless it is your arch rival.

New Job Press Conference

Questions about previous job, like how you felt about leaving/having you learned from mistakes if left by sacking etc.

allow managers to use their wages on somethings, like buy a house or something. otherwise why do we managers ask for good wages? I can "work" for free and help my club save wage budget

It to calculate compensation if you leave a club

Editor susgestions part 2

-allow us to change unique ID's

-Wen merging XML files please tell us if there is any conflicting data on it and were it is so we can change it

-creating league fases at will ( currently system too limited )

-editing of game standard leagues (useful to correct mistakes )

Archived