Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

My major problem (speaking as a FML user) is the DC's positioning, they simply get caught in no mans land, when strikers run into channels.

Just take as example this 4-1-2-3 is pretty hard to defend against, as you have to manually mark the FCR and FCL with the fullbacks, and then do zonal in the center defence.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bad as Chelsea are the current champions and the majority of their chances were long shots :

55493226.png

Both Liverpools goals were from corners, their second of which in the last 5 minutes denying us victory:

29108783.png

What a result! Little Oxford played Man U off the park!

52376510.png

I cant stress enough what an average team Oxford are and this modification to Mr Houghs 10.3 classic working great for me.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5wjw66e4jfi5ri4/dave byrd 4-1-3-2.tac

Very good!. I'm prepering my San Marino (Serie A) to next season. In this, I'm 8th and I have chance to play in the Europe League. I playied this tactic 4 games, and I won with Palermo 2-0 (very strong), Sampdoria 2-0 (very strong), Atalanta 2-0 ( weak ), Juventus 0-0 ( very strong ). Earlier to get to the Seria A, I used the classic tactic.

P.S Sorry for my English :)

Dave, in all honesty, this doesn't really make much sense to me. The defenders move with the d-line, regardless of what their mentality is. Yes, if you make the d-line too high, then your defenders will be on the back foot, especially if the opposition has fast strikers. That's a given.

If it's set too low, then you'll be inviting more pressure onto your defenders and giving the opposition more space and time on the ball.

Also, the d-line affects the midfielders as they move with it too.

The other thing is that you can take a look at how the tactics creator sets up the d-line in comparison to the mentalities it gives to the defenders. You should see that the d-line will almost never match the mentality of defenders.

Actually, I just checked myself, it never matches, and every time the d-line is actually higher than the mentality of the defenders.

I really doubt there's much correlation between these two aspects.

It's intresting to read your thought on this and i agree with some and disagree with others. I agree that the D-Line move the other players aswell and you have to make adjustments to counter this which i have done

I have also set the closing down quite low so my players won't get pulled out of position that much It's very intresting to waytch and bear in mind that i'm trying this with Hull of all teams and it's working with a degree of success.

Mr Hough

Do you think you will get your Hull season finished today?

Steve

I don't think so no because i'm tinkering with the defence alot, I have identified what is wrong and surprise surprise it's the fullback as they are playing more like wingers than fullbacks on a positive note it's brilliant going forward better than i thought i could possibly get it.

my main strikers are Joxy Altidore and Amr Zaki with me rotating Kamel Ghilas Altidore has 10 goals in 10 games Zaki has 6 in 12 and Ghilas has 6 in 10

I've been playing Geovanni in the AMC role and he has scored 8 in 12 aswell.

There all creating chances for each other aswell it is brilliant to watch.

Just this defence situation i need to sort out and then we will be laughing

Very good!. I'm prepering my San Marino (Serie A) to next season. In this, I'm 8th and I have chance to play in the Europe League. I playied this tactic 4 games, and I won with Palermo 2-0 (very strong), Sampdoria 2-0 (very strong), Atalanta 2-0 ( weak ), Juventus 0-0 ( very strong ). Earlier to get to the Seria A, I used the classic tactic.

P.S Sorry for my English :)

Thats great, really seems to work for smaller teams!

I don't think so no because i'm tinkering with the defence alot, I have identified what is wrong and surprise surprise it's the fullback as they are playing more like wingers than fullbacks on a positive note it's brilliant going forward better than i thought i could possibly get it.

my main strikers are Joxy Altidore and Amr Zaki with me rotating Kamel Ghilas Altidore has 10 goals in 10 games Zaki has 6 in 12 and Ghilas has 6 in 10

I've been playing Geovanni in the AMC role and he has scored 8 in 12 aswell.

There all creating chances for each other aswell it is brilliant to watch.

Just this defence situation i need to sort out and then we will be laughing

keep up the good work, cant wait.

woop virgin post

I've been trying the 4-1-2-1-2 that i've been using with Hull on my Juventus save to see how it would go with a decent side and the results have been excelent i have just beat A.C Milan 5-1 away from home.

I do have a decent side though but still good result.

mr hough will only release when he thinks its good. you don't want a tactic and just to abuse him if it dun't work so. he doing these tactics with other teams to see were he needs to improve it.

from what i can see it's brilliant with the good to top sides, In the smaller sides it needs good defenders but that goes without saying really with any tactic, In my Hull test i'm sitting in 4th place after 15 games

I'll post up some screens after 20 games

Alright crag, No one is abusing Mr hough are they. Were just having some banter and showing intrest in the work he does. No need to voice a warning for that. Its all in good nature.

you know were im coming from dont ya. im not have ago at any 1 im just making a point what might happen

Looking forward to it, On fml with the classic 4-1-2-3 formation. I found my strikers didnt score enough and I have quality strikers but maybe they did not suit the formation. I am looking forward to having 2 up front, that way they will stay more central and hopefully start scoring goals

from what i can see it's brilliant with the good to top sides, In the smaller sides it needs good defenders but that goes without saying really with any tactic, In my Hull test i'm sitting in 4th place after 15 games

I'll post up some screens after 20 games

sounds good lets hope hull keep it up

Looking forward to it, On fml with the classic 4-1-2-3 formation. I found my strikers didnt score enough and I have quality strikers but maybe they did not suit the formation. I am looking forward to having 2 up front, that way they will stay more central and hopefully start scoring goals

I've played FML for a few games and couldn't get to grips with it. I think its proberly because the Opposition is human instead of computer controlled which makes a massive difference.

Your be amazed at how many people are using your tatic there. Everyone top ranked plays a 4-1-2-3. I was having great success with it but then this season gone I got relegated and my strikers were not scoring. Derbyshire scored 34 in 46 in the season before this , this season he got 6 in 40. On fml there are alot more updates then FM. Like for example to corner glitch no longer works unless youve got Chris Samba. After the last upate the classic version of your tatic stoped working with striker going out far too wide and Isolating them selfs being one of the main problems. Thats why I am keen on going back to 2 up front so then Id hope theyd stop going wide and start scoring more goals. I can not wait to try the 4-1-2-1-2 tatic out! I hope its soon , season starts tommorrow :)

Your formation is so ever dominant in FML.. In the long run it is unbeatable if you dont make a lot of settings manually before each game.

I am looking forward to trying the new one in FML as well, I will let you know how it performs..

Your be amazed at how many people are using your tatic there. Everyone top ranked plays a 4-1-2-3. I was having great success with it but then this season gone I got relegated and my strikers were not scoring. Derbyshire scored 34 in 46 in the season before this , this season he got 6 in 40. On fml there are alot more updates then FM. Like for example to corner glitch no longer works unless youve got Chris Samba. After the last upate the classic version of your tatic stoped working with striker going out far too wide and Isolating them selfs being one of the main problems. Thats why I am keen on going back to 2 up front so then Id hope theyd stop going wide and start scoring more goals. I can not wait to try the 4-1-2-1-2 tatic out! I hope its soon , season starts tommorrow :)

what you mean the corner glitch dunt wrk only if you have samba?

Your formation is so ever dominant in FML.. In the long run it is unbeatable if you dont make a lot of settings manually before each game.

I am looking forward to trying the new one in FML as well, I will let you know how it performs..

what manually setting would you do before a game?

what you mean the corner glitch dunt wrk only if you have samba?

what manually setting would you do before a game?

Man mark the FCL and FCR with the full backs, or play a 3 mand central defence.. Exploit the wings and man mark the DMC with your striker.. evt. target the two midfielders and try to play wide.

I dont own Chris Samba on FML. I have Brade Hangerland though which Is someone I just brought. Hes scored like 7 in 10 and yeah thats my set up, Hangerland Standing on the Back post with someone tall ( Stephen Nzonzi ) In my case challanging the goal keeper and one near post flick on and another player attack near post. Aim your corners to back post and as long as the player is tall and has good jump 18+ hel be scoring for fun. Its not so much a glitch this one , More of an exploit or routin

Hi,

I did download the classic version of this tactic. Nothing wrong with my own 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 but wanted to see what this is about and get more motivation to my liverpool career.

Anyway, had few matches with the classic. Worked nicely but my roster had way too many wingers so I kind of transformed this into 4-4-2.

Basically 2 SC, AMR + AML, MC and DMC.

Made few tweaks into passing orders and mentality. Had to rework the wingers though.

...and oh boy we have been playing Excellent football after this. The ball is flowing around nicely and hammering teams.

The biggest win so far has been 10-0 hammering of Birmingham. I have had many 4-0, 3-0, 5-0... Sergio Aguero among other players is in the flames!!! He has scored 24 in 17 games... and Torres/Dzeko and co. are banging in the goals as well.

The only lost so far after the tweaks was againts Man Utd. We did play well but fell 1-0 after an counter attack move.

Basically dropping into saying thanx. I rarely download anything but this gave me extra "fuel".

Here is the results after 20 games, There are Screens of my Squad the League and 2 stand out results.

Hull League Table

HullTableafter20Results.jpg

Hull Squad

HullSquadafter20games.jpg

Hull vs Chelsea

HullvsChelsea.jpg

Hull vs Man Utd

HullvsManUtd.jpg

As you can see from the league table i am finding it easy to score goals that hasn't been a problem it's defending that i'm having issues with, What seems to happen is that my fullbacks will advance right up the pitch and when the opposition break they play the ball to the wing and basicaly they run on and my defender will come over and cover but then that leaves space in the center.

Still very impressive from a team like Hull.

Here is the results after 20 games, There are Screens of my Squad the League and 2 stand out results.

Hull League Table

HullTableafter20Results.jpg

Hull Squad

HullSquadafter20games.jpg

Hull vs Chelsea

HullvsChelsea.jpg

Hull vs Man Utd

HullvsManUtd.jpg

As you can see from the league table i am finding it easy to score goals that hasn't been a problem it's defending that i'm having issues with, What seems to happen is that my fullbacks will advance right up the pitch and when the opposition break they play the ball to the wing and basicaly they run on and my defender will come over and cover but then that leaves space in the center.

Still very impressive from a team like Hull.

some good results v the top 2 whats your possession like?

Last night after i posted the screens i was basically messing around massively with the fullbacks mentality and closing down settings at one point i even had the mentality on ultra defensive and it still never made a difference to the fullbacks so I'm think it is the team settings and that's what I'll be looking at today.

Knocking the whole teams mentality down abit might make it less attacking but I'm willing to sacrifice that for some clean sheets