Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr hough, I like many others use your tatic on fm live. In fact I do not play FM anymore due to owning football manager live. The new season is going to start soon and I need a good 4-1-2-1-2 tatic soo please stop being a perfectionest and whip that tatic out!! :) This weekend please!! :)

Oh just a quick question, I have a player in MC that has low aggression of 8 and tackling of 14 but he gets a yellow card every game and also gets sent of alot, How can I change this taticly. Hes a decent player but his game is being ruined by foul play.

I have used all your tatics over a period of time and to be honest with you, I have had some kind of succes with each and every one so hats of sir!

San Marino in Serie A? Impossible? Not with your tacitc. I'm using classic.

Season 2013/2014: legacalcioserieatim.png

I didn't know that you could play San Marino as a club. You should take charge of the national team as well. Head coach of San Marino x2! Nice

Sorry for the off topic. Mr H, youre tactic is really something. Best for fm2010 no doubt. Have been using quite a few of your versions but currently on top of PL, 2023 with Unbeaten Final. Playing as an original Blue Square club.

Just want to give a tip to everyone. Try setting the passing for the two MCs to the first notch of mixed instead of keeping it on the lowest notch of short. This way it will give your MCs more options and opportunities to make through passes, especially to take advantage of interceptions and launching subsequent counter attacks. I know Mr. Hough set it up in order to keep possession but this tweak shouldn't affect the possession stats too much, especially if you have good passers, meaning they have a passing stat of 15 or higher, decision making 14 or higher, and anticipation 14 or higher.

I've been observing my MCs for a while and there are many times when they ignore opportunities to make through passes that would result into excellent scoring chances because their passing is too short. Instead they choose to pass the ball sideways or even backwards to keep possession. Since making the tweak, I've noticed an increase in incisive counter attacks and just greater general attacking flow.

One thing I'd like to add: do not overestimate "gelling". Having high stats is more important. Ever since I've started playing as Leeds, every season I've been doing a LOT of swaps, buying and selling a bunch of players. I'm in season 4 now, my second in Premiership, and bought 5 new first team players, after finishing 10 last season. Result? 10 games unbeaten run so far, managed to beat Man U 4:1 and Liverpool 2:0 along the way. Just because I got better players, and even though they're supposed to be "ungelled".

Just want to give a tip to everyone. Try setting the passing for the two MCs to the first notch of mixed instead of keeping it on the lowest notch of short. This way it will give your MCs more options and opportunities to make through passes, especially to take advantage of interceptions and launching subsequent counter attacks. I know Mr. Hough set it up in order to keep possession but this tweak shouldn't affect the possession stats too much, especially if you have good passers, meaning they have a passing stat of 15 or higher, decision making 14 or higher, and anticipation 14 or higher.

I've been observing my MCs for a while and there are many times when they ignore opportunities to make through passes that would result into excellent scoring chances because their passing is too short. Instead they choose to pass the ball sideways or even backwards to keep possession. Since making the tweak, I've noticed an increase in incisive counter attacks and just greater general attacking flow.

I agree with this and it my latest 4-1-2-1-2 the midfielders amc and strikers are on the first Notch of direct which is alot more fluid and presents excellent goal scoring chances, It does give the opposition slightly more possession but i don't mind if I'm winning by 3-4 goals a game which with everton i have been doing regularly

I agree with this and it my latest 4-1-2-1-2 the midfielders amc and strikers are on the first Notch of direct which is alot more fluid and presents excellent goal scoring chances, It does give the opposition slightly more possession but i don't mind if I'm winning by 3-4 goals a game which with everton i have been doing regularly

so in the classic version it's it will be on 2 notches and the new wizard it be 1 notches ( download these http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1866 )

just want to know if dune it right?

I'm gonna post up some screenshots after the seasons finshed i've got through 33 games in the league and i'm 7 points clear of 2nd and 9 points clear of 3rd so i'd say the league was mine still in the Europa cup after beating athletico madris 4-2 away in the first leg in the quarters still in the F.A Cup too so it's going strong.

I'm gonna do another test though because i've been tweaking throughout the season but what i have now i'm happy with so i wanna do a full season with these settings and see what happens.

Mr Hough, i'm Oxford in my second season in the Championship. Using 10.3 classic unbeaten final version 4-1-2-3. Doing well and am second, 2 points off the top spot in February. Tactic scores bucket loads but for me leaks bucket loads too. Last year in the Championship i let in 71 goals! Any tips for tightening up at the back?

Also, you must get asked this all the time but out of all your tactics which would you say was the best/most effective?

Thanks.

Mr Hough, i'm Oxford in my second season in the Championship. Using 10.3 classic unbeaten final version 4-1-2-3. Doing well and am second, 2 points off the top spot in February. Tactic scores bucket loads but for me leaks bucket loads too. Last year in the Championship i let in 71 goals! Any tips for tightening up at the back?

Also, you must get asked this all the time but out of all your tactics which would you say was the best/most effective?

Thanks.

I think the best tactic is the one that suits your team best go through the tactics and see which is the best for you and use that one.

interesting , very interesting

433 is defo the way to go on fm2010

im in a clan in lower leagues ...first season i used a433 but with wide strikers , based on total football ..i got into the play offs but football was not flowing and season was a struggle

constantly tweaking things didnt help but eventually for the next season i think i nailed it

i ended up with quite similar to you mr hough

mine is a flat narrow 433 , my whole defensive line has b arrows , 2 mids have b arrows and the cm has a f arrow

my players / team settings are similar to yours

this season i was top ..miles ahead of the guys in our clan

i was promoted by february ,loosing only 2 and scoring 145 goals

my only problem is my defence concedes alot

i have tried man marking and zonal .....which do you prefer /recommend

interesting , very interesting

433 is defo the way to go on fm2010

im in a clan in lower leagues ...first season i used a433 but with wide strikers , based on total football ..i got into the play offs but football was not flowing and season was a struggle

constantly tweaking things didnt help but eventually for the next season i think i nailed it

i ended up with quite similar to you mr hough

mine is a flat narrow 433 , my whole defensive line has b arrows , 2 mids have b arrows and the cm has a f arrow

my players / team settings are similar to yours

this season i was top ..miles ahead of the guys in our clan

i was promoted by february ,loosing only 2 and scoring 145 goals

my only problem is my defence concedes alot

i have tried man marking and zonal .....which do you prefer /recommend

I prefer man marking because i want my players to mark men instead of zones.

Have a look at closing down on your players try and aim to have the 2 central defenders 2 mentality clicks away from each other then closing down 1-2 clicks below that also a DM will help massivly and i'm unsure weahter to play him as his mentality is slightly above the highest CD or in the middle of both CD's

The reason i'm unsure is that if the DM is in the middle of the CD's then the DM will tuck in and it might be better in defence, Playing him slightly above will help cut balls out so there are advantages and disadvantages you just have to figure them out.

Mr hough wen are you gona post the tactic m8? itching to play a season wi your tactic

Definitely not today sorry.

I understand your frustration i would be frustrated too but be patient as soon as I'm happy I'll release it for you to look at.

hey DirtyACE, this is for the 41212 or 4123?

I'm personally using the 4123, but it doesn't matter, you can apply the tweak to either tactic.

so in the classic version it's it will be on 2 notches and the new wizard it be 1 notches ( download these http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1866 )

just want to know if dune it right?

Just set the passing for the MCs to the first notch of mixed on either classic or wizard versions, it should make no difference. Or you can try setting it like Mr. Hough has mentioned, on the first notch of direct. The mixed setting will make your MCs do a larger variety of passes as they will decide which to do. With direct setting they'll be more straight forward about what passes to make, however, they may give away the ball more often than they would do with the mixed setting. It just depends on the decision making and anticipation abilities of your players

I think the best tactic is the one that suits your team best go through the tactics and see which is the best for you and use that one.

Sorry, but i asked which tactic you thought was your best, not which was best for my team. Also any suggestions on tightening the defense?

Just set the passing for the MCs to the first notch of mixed on either classic or wizard versions, it should make no difference. Or you can try setting it like Mr. Hough has mentioned, on the first notch of direct. The mixed setting will make your MCs do a larger variety of passes as they will decide which to do. With direct setting they'll be more straight forward about what passes to make, however, they may give away the ball more often than they would do with the mixed setting. It just depends on the decision making and anticipation abilities of your players

oh right i thought u meant on short derrr arnt i. i can see what you mean with it. you could get a lot moor forward thinking balls in stead of sidewards balls n backwards 1

I've been using Mr Houghs 10.3 classic 4-1-2-3 to great effect and took Oxford from the blue square prem to the championship in 3 seasons. However once in the championship we struggled in our first season leaking 71 goals at the back and finishing 11th despite being the leagues joint top scorers with 90.

Scoring wasn't a problem, we just weren't winning the midfield and were getting caught far too often at the back. The tactic is great if you are Man U or Barcelona but playing as a smaller side it is a struggle against better teams so in my second season i made a few slight tweaks that worked amazingly...

*I dropped the centre striker to the middle of a midfield 3 and put a forward arrow on him.

*Dropped the team mentality to the first notch of 'attacking'.

*Dropped the fullbacks mentality to normal as they had been playing too high up the pitch which proved a disaster time and time again when we lost the ball.

*Increased the passing for the left and right MCs to the first notch of 'mixed'

Having an extra man in midfield made the world of difference and my team attacked through him whilst he (Bekdemir) still managed to get in the box and score 19 for the season.

65163603.png

Final table, a great achievement bearing in mind 5 seasons earlier Oxford were non-league and my entire squad is made up of free transfers:

champtable.png

***EDIT*** No corner cheat used.

I've been using Mr Houghs 10.3 classic 4-1-2-3 to great effect and took Oxford from the blue square prem to the championship in 3 seasons. However once in the championship we struggled in our first season leaking 71 goals at the back and finishing 11th despite being the leagues joint top scorers with 90.

Scoring wasn't a problem, we just weren't winning the midfield and were getting caught far too often at the back. The tactic is great if you are Man U or Barcelona but playing as a smaller side it is a struggle against better teams so in my second season i made a few slight tweaks that worked amazingly...

*I dropped the centre striker to the middle of a midfield 3 and put a forward arrow on him.

*Dropped the fullbacks mentality to normal as they had been playing too high up the pitch which proved a disaster time and time again when we lost the ball.

Having an extra man in midfield made the world of difference and my team attacked through him whilst he (Bekdemir) still managed to get in the box and score 19 for the season.

65163603.png

Final table, a great achievement bearing in mind 5 seasons earlier Oxford were non-league and my entire squad is made up of free transfers:

champtable.png

So you play a striker in a central midfielders role?

I'm personally using the 4123, but it doesn't matter, you can apply the tweak to either tactic.

omfg, awesome tweak.

i'm playing here with sunderland, actually i have van der vaart and hazard as my MC's.

just tweaked their passes, and Van der Vaart started making through passes and with this lot's of assits, simply awesome.

65163603.png

champtable.png

I know this is the Neue.2 skin but how did you get that background into the skin?

Please guide me?

It looks amazing

I prefer man marking because i want my players to mark men instead of zones.

Have a look at closing down on your players try and aim to have the 2 central defenders 2 mentality clicks away from each other then closing down 1-2 clicks below that also a DM will help massivly and i'm unsure weahter to play him as his mentality is slightly above the highest CD or in the middle of both CD's

The reason i'm unsure is that if the DM is in the middle of the CD's then the DM will tuck in and it might be better in defence, Playing him slightly above will help cut balls out so there are advantages and disadvantages you just have to figure them out.

the reason i dont play man marking cause this is not a run of the mill formation ..it sems to me that if you do man mark your players will get pushed out of position to much

in our clan the guy ythat is burton hammered me 9 -0 playing a 442 diamond even thou at the time i had played 25 won 25

thanks for your suggestion , i will try it as men score goals not zones loll

the reason i dont play man marking cause this is not a run of the mill formation ..it sems to me that if you do man mark your players will get pushed out of position to much

in our clan the guy ythat is burton hammered me 9 -0 playing a 442 diamond even thou at the time i had played 25 won 25

thanks for your suggestion , i will try it as men score goals not zones loll

Bloody hell he beat you 9-0 what tactic was he using it can't have been just a random 442 diamond i bet he put alot of effort into making it

do you mean like this for your full bk sheffieldwednesday3.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

omfg, awesome tweak.

i'm playing here with sunderland, actually i have van der vaart and hazard as my MC's.

just tweaked their passes, and Van der Vaart started making through passes and with this lot's of assits, simply awesome.

Thanks. The tweak will take advantage of really good passers like Van der Vaart. It should suit him perfectly. In fact, for him you can try to set the passing on even higher settings of mixed. This will give him an even greater range of passing options. However, keep in mind that the higher settings will make some of his passing pretty long and will also increase in number of aerial passes. If your team doesn't have many good jumpers, then it may do more harm to your overall plan because you'll loose more balls in the air. So if you have small players, especially strikers, then I'd say keep the passing on the lower settings of mixed.