Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh right i thought u meant on short derrr arnt i. i can see what you mean with it. you could get a lot moor forward thinking balls in stead of sidewards balls n backwards 1

That's the reasoning behind it. To make your MCs more incisive as creators of goals. If you have good passers, then why not take advantage of it?

In my own game, after making the tweak, both of my MCs made twice as many assists in only half a season as they did in the entire previous season. That's a pretty big difference I'd say.

the reason i dont play man marking cause this is not a run of the mill formation ..it sems to me that if you do man mark your players will get pushed out of position to much

in our clan the guy ythat is burton hammered me 9 -0 playing a 442 diamond even thou at the time i had played 25 won 25

thanks for your suggestion , i will try it as men score goals not zones loll

You can try keeping your CBs on man marking, but turn off tight marking. That's what I've done in my game because my CBs are not that fast, plus one of them doesn't really have very high marking and positioning stats.

Also, in situations where you are facing a lone striker, try setting the more advanced CB to specifically mark that striker, and then set the deeper CB to zonal marking. Just a good way to deal with formations playing a single striker.

EDIT - Just to expand a bit on my previous tip. You can apply the same passing tweak to the DMC. His default setting is already on mixed, however, if his passing is not that great, then I'd suggest reducing his passing to short. However, if he's a good passer, then keep it on the default setting so that he can act as another provider of assists. I think Mr. Hough set the DMC on mixed to begin with is because he has Fellani playing in that position, and as we all know, he is a very good passer. However, if you have someone like Anthony Annan playing there, then reduce the passing to prevent him from trying too many risky passes and giving away the ball.

Bloody hell he beat you 9-0 what tactic was he using it can't have been just a random 442 diamond i bet he put alot of effort into making it

lol he did

he still going on about it now aswell and it was 2 weeks ago , i hammered him in the return leg thou and i was 28 points clear ..was one of those freak games i suppose

Hi all,

I tested the latest version of this tactic with Derby for whole season.

I played them before and finished 7th in the Championship with stock 4-3-3 formation (changing the philosophy in-game using sideline instructions), default training, maximum pitch size and assistant team talks. I only signed a few pacey players on free or very cheap.

I replayed the same saved game from the beginning using the Mr hough tactic, the recommended training regime and team talks from the OP, minimum pitch, no ingame tweaking and signed a few players who all met the criteria for the tactic. I finished a disappointing 11th and although I hammered a few inferior teams I was generally outplayed against teams on or above my level. Many of my wins came from 1-2 goals from corners and without those I would have ended up much lower I guess.

All in all, I am not impressed but maybe I did something wrong (no idea what) because I can see there is a lot of very positive feedback for this tactic. Any suggestions are welcome, Thanks.

I think the 4-1-3-2 is tweaks from the mr hough tatics and I dont think anyone has uploaded there tweaked verson as yet. We are all waiting on the 4-1-2-1-2 which Mr hough keeps teasing us with. Can we have this tatic out today MR hough my FML team depends on it. I have just sold Matt derbyshire and brought in a AMC ready for the tatic so I am putting alot of trust in you here :)

Yeah, in all honesty i hope its nearly ready lol but i know how much effort you put into your tactics mate so no pressure, release it when you feel like it's ready.

Maybe one day i'll be able to follow in your footsteps by actually making my own super tactic! Although i'm pretty rubbish at it... ;)

Can anyone answer my question?thank

hey if you down load them from here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1866 then do this Have a look in the little Readme:

Installation:

a) On an existing skin...

Just extract the two xml files to

My Documents\Football Manager 2010\skins\*your skin*\panels

b) For FM10-Standardskin

Extract the two folders (or only one of them, if you just want to use the light or the dark version) to

My Documents\Football Manager 2010\skins\

Choose this skin to play.

Open FM and go to the preferences screen before unticking 'use skin cache', ticking 'reload skin on confirm' then clicking confirm.

you have cracked it

hey if you down load them from here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=1866 then do this Have a look in the little Readme:

Installation:

a) On an existing skin...

Just extract the two xml files to

My Documents\Football Manager 2010\skins\*your skin*\panels

b) For FM10-Standardskin

Extract the two folders (or only one of them, if you just want to use the light or the dark version) to

My Documents\Football Manager 2010\skins\

Choose this skin to play.

Open FM and go to the preferences screen before unticking 'use skin cache', ticking 'reload skin on confirm' then clicking confirm.

you have cracked it

Thank mate

Here is some screens from my Everton Save, I won the League as you can see but not in amazing fashion and i want to tighten it up slightly so thats why i haven't released it yet.

Everton4-1-2-1-2.jpg

My squad, The strikers didn't perform as good as i wanted them too so i'll be looking at this again too i did sign some players on loan but they didn't have a massive inpact on play.

EvertonSquad.jpg

In all honesty there is still a long way to go but i feel like i'm on the right path and have got a good base, I just need to get some settings correct and well be laughing.

Great stuff Mr Hough :)

Take your time with it, don't release it too early mate.

Can I ask if the tactic is Wizard or Classic style?

Steve

it's in the wizard style.

The way i have it set up i like at the minute i'm doing a season tester with Hull City No signings if i get in top 8 i'd be happy with that.

it's in the wizard style.

The way i have it set up i like at the minute i'm doing a season tester with Hull City No signings if i get in top 8 i'd be happy with that.

If you avoid relegation it's an achievement! Hull irl aren't a good team, but in FM, they are probably as good as mid-table team in the championship! their defenders lack mental attributes. So a top 8 position would be incredible! I always test tactic with Hull, if they work with Hull, they'll work with anyone! ;)

cragswfc,can u guide your way by image?

every thing looks ok but try your documents that way and dont for get to do this at end Open FM and go to the preferences screen before unticking 'use skin cache', ticking 'reload skin on confirm' then clicking confirm.

If you avoid relegation it's an achievement! Hull irl aren't a good team, but in FM, they are probably as good as mid-table team in the championship! their defenders lack mental attributes. So a top 8 position would be incredible! I always test tactic with Hull, if they work with Hull, they'll work with anyone! ;)

yeah that's true and with Wednesday/ Barnet

just a quick showing on how things are going with your first 4-1-2-1-2, i modded it with your fullback tweak and mc's passing on first notch of mixed, as suggested by another user.

21ackz8.jpg

these are my signings

2mmd3es.jpg

I know Forest is not a hard team to play with, still the results and fluid play and heaps of chances are blowing my mind away. i have been following your work from the start in fm2010, and i say this has to be the best tactic you ever made!

Raymond85 can you post your tactic please

it's simple to set up: take mr hough's last released 4-1-2-1-2 and makee these changes

1) move the DM's closing down UP 3 notches

2) change the Fullbacks Run From Deep to Often

3) change both MCs' passing up to the first notch of Mixed

every thing looks ok but try your documents that way and dont for get to do this at end Open FM and go to the preferences screen before unticking 'use skin cache', ticking 'reload skin on confirm' then clicking confirm.

yeah, unticking 'use skin cache', ticking 'reload skin on confirm' then clicking confirm,but I still don't view effect

Have a question

In tab preferences->display and sound:Must I choose Fusion or Tactical Sliders with number?

it's simple to set up: take mr hough's last released 4-1-2-1-2 and makee these changes

1) move the DM's closing down UP 3 notches

2) change the Fullbacks Run From Deep to Often

3) change both MCs' passing up to the first notch of Mixed

And where is mr hough's 'last released 4-1-2-1-2'? Can you link me to it please?

yeah, unticking 'use skin cache', ticking 'reload skin on confirm' then clicking confirm,but I still don't view effect

Have a question

In tab preferences->display and sound:Must I choose Fusion or Tactical Sliders with number?

this is my skin what im using with it all dune extract it to your documents \Football Manager 2010\skins\

then when done do preferences choose the fusion skin i just sent you and it will work.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ol65y7

now back to tactic discussion Mr hough some impressive results there

And where is mr hough's 'last released 4-1-2-1-2'? Can you link me to it please?
was going to say the same thing

Hey fellow FMers, My latest tactic with JP was a massive success and when i thought about making this 4-1-2-1-2, I asked JP is he could have a look at the tactic and see if he could see things that i missed, Which he did so all credit to JP aswell for helping me with this tactic.

Over the past few days we have been having a look at this tactic and we believe that this is quite possibly as good as it can get.

I'm not gonna bother posting screen shots because you have see them already.

The Pitch Size is standard.

No ingame Shouts are used.

No Opposition Instructions are used.

I'm still figuring out what are the best players for the Formation but if you use the one for the previous tactics they are posted in the OP they should be fine.

If you are gonna use the Player Filters from the Previous tactic then the Middle Striker will act as the AMC in this tactic.

Me and JP are very happy with this tactic and i hope you guys are too.

Here is the tactic.

http://www.filefront.com/16832951/Mr...%202010%29.tac

I'm not 45 Games unbeaten too in my Everton save

Hey fellow FMers, My latest tactic with JP was a massive success and when i thought about making this 4-1-2-1-2, I asked JP is he could have a look at the tactic and see if he could see things that i missed, Which he did so all credit to JP aswell for helping me with this tactic.

Over the past few days we have been having a look at this tactic and we believe that this is quite possibly as good as it can get.

I'm not gonna bother posting screen shots because you have see them already.

The Pitch Size is standard.

No ingame Shouts are used.

No Opposition Instructions are used.

I'm still figuring out what are the best players for the Formation but if you use the one for the previous tactics they are posted in the OP they should be fine.

If you are gonna use the Player Filters from the Previous tactic then the Middle Striker will act as the AMC in this tactic.

Me and JP are very happy with this tactic and i hope you guys are too.

Here is the tactic.

http://www.filefront.com/16832951/Mr...%202010%29.tac

I'm not 45 Games unbeaten too in my Everton save

Sorry if i'm being dumb, but this new tactic is one that's been on file front since 22.6.2010? Your post says "Over the past few days we have been having a look at this tactic", so you've not actually done anythig to it since uploading it almost a month ago? Or was your post a copy and paste of an old post?

Sorry if i'm being dumb, but this new tactic is one that's been on file front since 22.6.2010? Your post says "Over the past few days we have been having a look at this tactic", so you've not actually done anythig to it since uploading it almost a month ago? Or was your post a copy and paste of an old post?

It's because he copied the text from http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/194951-Mr-Hough-10.3-Tactics?p=5553729&viewfull=1#post5553729 which was posted 22-06-2010

its the 1 you was asking for. if you are talking bout the new 1 mr hough post screen shots tday no its not as he ant put it up for us to try yet. i will edit my post as pple might get confused

its the 1 you was asking for. if you are talking bout the new 1 mr hough post screen shots tday no its not as he ant put it up for us to try yet. i will edit my post as pple might get confused

I see, cheers for clearing that one up. This thread has become very confusing with all the different tactics.

I've been using Mr Houghs 10.3 classic 4-1-2-3 to great effect and took Oxford from the blue square prem to the championship in 3 seasons. However once in the championship we struggled in our first season leaking 71 goals at the back and finishing 11th despite being the leagues joint top scorers with 90.

Scoring wasn't a problem, we just weren't winning the midfield and were getting caught far too often at the back. The tactic is great if you are Man U or Barcelona but playing as a smaller side it is a struggle against better teams so in my second season i made a few slight tweaks that worked amazingly...

*I dropped the centre striker to the middle of a midfield 3 and put a forward arrow on him.

*Dropped the team mentality to the first notch of 'attacking'.

*Dropped the fullbacks mentality to normal as they had been playing too high up the pitch which proved a disaster time and time again when we lost the ball.

*Increased the passing for the left and right MCs to the first notch of 'mixed'

Having an extra man in midfield made the world of difference and my team attacked through him whilst he (Bekdemir) still managed to get in the box and score 19 for the season.

65163603.png

Final table, a great achievement bearing in mind 5 seasons earlier Oxford were non-league and my entire squad is made up of free transfers:

champtable.png

***EDIT*** No corner cheat used.

\/ \/ \/ Further to this i have just played my first 3 league games in the Premiership with the 4-1-3-2. Talk about a tough start as they were Chelsea (away) Liverpool (away) and Man U (home)! The modified tactic was awesome though! \/ \/ \/

Not too bad as Chelsea are the current champions and the majority of their chances were long shots :

55493226.png

Both Liverpools goals were from corners, their second of which in the last 5 minutes denying us victory:

29108783.png

What a result! Little Oxford played Man U off the park!

52376510.png

I cant stress enough what an average team Oxford are and this modification to Mr Houghs 10.3 classic working great for me.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5wjw66e4jfi5ri4/dave byrd 4-1-3-2.tac

Testing with Hull City is going well, So far i have played 5 games i've won 3 drawn 1 and lost 1 i've already beat Man City 2-1 at home i'm not getting carried away by that result though because Man City had so many more chances, Myhill played like he was buffon and Casillas rolled into 1.

I've had a few 5-2 wins over swindon in the cup and also against portsmouth i have beat Burnley 4-0 and i lost to chelsea 2-1 that was more even game with me unlucky not to take a point from that game.

The game i drew was with sunderland 0-0 with me outplaying Sunderland but i had alot of injuries and couldn't play my main players.

I will sign no one during this test, I'd like to but i have no funds and can't even get anyone on loan.

Here is something for you guys to think about.

When i look at the defensive line i set it mostly slightly above the middle or just below the middle, Nothing strange there. Then i set my defenders mainly always below the D-line, Again nothing strange about that

What if you set your D-Line and the mentality of your central defenders the same, I had never thought of this before but if you think about it it makes perfect sense.

My theory behind this is that if you set your D-Line slightly above the middle and the defenders below the D-Line then the defence will be on the back foot Automatically because they are below the defence line you have set for your defenders

Reverse this and set the defenders above the D-Line and they will be above the D-Line and be more likely to be caught out by better Opposition players.

I'm gonna try setting my defenders on the same setting as my D-Line and see what happens, I have tried it for one game restricting the Opposition to 2 shots all game neither on target.

I think this setting could also help massively with Play Offside aswell because the Central Defenders will be in sync with the D-Line, There could also be a possibility of really playing the Sweeper and Stopper with setting D-Line where you want and making the Sweeper Defender 1-2 clicks below the D-Line and the Stopper Defender 1-2 clicks above the D-Line.

My theory on this and I'd be very interested to read what you guys think not only about my theory but also your own thoughts on the defence settings

Here is something for you guys to think about.

When i look at the defensive line i set it mostly slightly above the middle or just below the middle, Nothing strange there. Then i set my defenders mainly always below the D-line, Again nothing strange about that

What if you set your D-Line and the mentality of your central defenders the same, I had never thought of this before but if you think about it it makes perfect sense.

My theory behind this is that if you set your D-Line slightly above the middle and the defenders below the D-Line then the defence will be on the back foot Automatically because they are below the defence line you have set for your defenders

Reverse this and set the defenders above the D-Line and they will be above the D-Line and be more likely to be caught out by better Opposition players.

I'm gonna try setting my defenders on the same setting as my D-Line and see what happens, I have tried it for one game restricting the Opposition to 2 shots all game neither on target.

I think this setting could also help massively with Play Offside aswell because the Central Defenders will be in sync with the D-Line, There could also be a possibility of really playing the Sweeper and Stopper with setting D-Line where you want and making the Sweeper Defender 1-2 clicks below the D-Line and the Stopper Defender 1-2 clicks above the D-Line.

My theory on this and I'd be very interested to read what you guys think not only about my theory but also your own thoughts on the defence settings

Dave, in all honesty, this doesn't really make much sense to me. The defenders move with the d-line, regardless of what their mentality is. Yes, if you make the d-line too high, then your defenders will be on the back foot, especially if the opposition has fast strikers. That's a given.

If it's set too low, then you'll be inviting more pressure onto your defenders and giving the opposition more space and time on the ball.

Also, the d-line affects the midfielders as they move with it too.

The other thing is that you can take a look at how the tactics creator sets up the d-line in comparison to the mentalities it gives to the defenders. You should see that the d-line will almost never match the mentality of defenders.

Actually, I just checked myself, it never matches, and every time the d-line is actually higher than the mentality of the defenders.

I really doubt there's much correlation between these two aspects.