Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone with any tips how to convert mr hough and jp woody tactic to a 4-1-2-2-1 with wingers for my man utd team,tried but not suceeding,used the 4-4-2 tweak works great but personally i am a massive fan of the 4-1-2-2-1,any help would be great.

i think lot of teaky tweak lovers are spammer most of them write only 1 post and goin out

I'll bite.

here are the results I've had with the tactic so far (it links to an image hosting site, so no it's not spam). I've been using 4-1-2-1-2 for one season before switching to the current tactic specifically. Less than half of the goals I have conceded in these 16 games have been from open play, the rest from set pieces. My defenders get very good ratings overall, far better than with any other 4-1-2-1-2 variant I have tried.

Going to stick with it for a bit, and see how it turns out.

I have made some schedules based on mr houghs tactics. There are for first-team and youth players. I schedules were influenced by SFrasers training ideas. I'd be interested to see what people think. They are not the finished article by any means but it's a good attempt it think. So try it and get back to me with your input good and bad. Enjoy!!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RBHSZN74

I have made some schedules based on mr houghs tactics. There are for first-team and youth players. I schedules were influenced by SFrasers training ideas. I'd be interested to see what people think. They are not the finished article by any means but it's a good attempt it think. So try it and get back to me with your input good and bad. Enjoy!!!!

I have previously downloaded SFrasers schedules but have always been guilty of overlooking training etc. I am starting a new game with my custom database and a slightly modified version of the 4-1-2-3 using some of the tweaks mentioned on here so I will implement these and see how I get on

Good work

I have previously downloaded SFrasers schedules but have always been guilty of overlooking training etc. I am starting a new game with my custom database and a slightly modified version of the 4-1-2-3 using some of the tweaks mentioned on here so I will implement these and see how I get on

Good work

Give the training schedules 6 months at least. I'm sure you'll see an improvement.

Take a look at this picture:-

newcastlevchelsea.png

For some reason the goalkeeper decides to come out of his area and dribble. He ends up trying to pass to one of my players, he loses the ball and then the opp player takes a very long shot to score the goal. Why has the goalkeeper done this? I'm using mr hough tactic and his closing down and mentality setting is 4 clicks so he shouldn't be doing this. Has anyone else experience this with their goalkeeper? Thanks

Guys, I have had great success with 10.3 Classic in SPL winning the league with Hibs etc and also in Greece, winning the league about 10 years in a row,tried it in China (Very weak league) and won that with a average team. I have used Mr Houghs player filters to get the best players I can and used minimum pitch dimensions etc. I went Liverpool and quite a few other top teams now but I never get better than 5th in the premier league. I spent £300 million on players in one season with the 48 month payments and started well but finished 6th. Is their any tips or what could I being doing wrong as I have seen people post screen shots of success in the premier league but having been 4/5 teams I have not cracked even the Champions League places never mind win it! ha.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I have problems when using "mr hough and jp woody tactic-433" My players are getting injured during the game. I have trimed down the intensity of the training regimes but still the same. Anybody able to help out ?

Think you need to reduce the closing down a bit, especially when its raining?

Hi

Why high aerobic and low strength training for DC's? Issent the high aerobic training gonna cause injuries?

Also how do i know wich player to put in the forward training schedules?

thanks, what does the shedules stand for, which players do you put where? for instance d fwd and a fwd. what's that?

Simply incredible! Everyone is asking for the new 4-1-2-1-2 from Mr Hough but what about tweaking the existing one, it's amazing!

This is my first season in the Premier League so far with it playing as Oxford, with an average squad at best.

The tactic: http://www.mediafire.com/?8uxjkf2kph2ys7n

--------------------------------------

Dave, Thank you very much for your tweaked version. I had never finished in the top 4 spots in the EPL before even using the original tactic with many teams and with huge budgets. I used this tactic for 3 seasons and I came in the first season 5th, second season 10 th, and now in my 3rd season I came THIRD on 77 pts, 3 pts behind the winners Man City on 80 pts.

I have found this version very good defensivley. The reason Im so impressed with this version is being at Sunderland for 3/4 seasons I have had a big budget but have not been able to spend it, the club owe out money on big deals before I arrived over a few years and also had £100's of millions in few diff loans. So I have had to try and get older £1 million players and free transfers/ contract expiring etc or loans.

I got a lot of 1-0's. The way I went for it was to go with the normal tactic and then if I had a 1-0 lead in the 75 to 80th minute I would go full on time wasting and change the teams appoach to "contain" (Ultra defensive). Only about 4/5 times in 3 seasons did I get caught out. If I went behind I changed time wasting to NONE and went all out attack till/if I regained a lead.

I had 18 clean sheets. This tactic is great IMO, I wreckon now with getting into the Champions League I will actually be able to use some money to get quality players in and then I would expect to win the league. Because what I would class as journeymen have got me to 3rd and only 3 pts from winning the league.

Thanks again !

------

Any idea how Porto striker Hulk would work as the right striker (poacher) ??

Or: who's the best poacher for this tactic on the game? Thanks in advance.

He'll work in any of the three striker positions as he's one of the best strikers in the game.

Hi

Why high aerobic and low strength training for DC's? Issent the high aerobic training gonna cause injuries?

Also how do i know wich player to put in the forward training schedules?

You should read SFraser's thread on training. He explains why the schedules are set up the way they are. There's a lot of research behind them.

Put the forwards into whatever you think they need more improvement on. So for example if a striker has low anticipation and some other low mental stats, then put him into the ST schedule as it has high tactical training. Just an example.

I'm currently on a 104 game unbeaten streak with Cordoba using the Final Unbeaten version. It's my favorite tactic from Mr. Hough. Before I preferred the Original Classic, but the Final Unbeaten is better balanced in almost every way.

However, I've moded the version as well, so it's not quite the actual tactic that Mr. Hough posted.

What are you planning on using once the AI has cracked it?

i myself have no wingers so my squad doesnt really suit any other formation!

I plan on continuing to use the same tactic in every match, because the AI does not crack tactics. If you actually believe that it does, then you're only fooling yourself.

I've been using the same tactic for over 7 seasons already, and have actually done better and better with each successive season. If the AI was able to crack tactics, do you think my team would continue to win trophies every season?

I have only started downloading tactics this year - been playing since early CM days - as I was looking at the Nike Defence thread and saw how many posts your threads were getting. Tried the Final Unbeaten 4-1-2-3 and made a few minor passing and closing down tweaks but it plays some good football. Never felt comfortable with it though as I have always been a clean sheet man. After a break I have logged back in to see the two diamonds that you have made - both successful for you but with a far more offensive outlook in the current version. I have had a look at the original and rather than keeping the strikers central by making the full backs charge up the field (at the expence of your defence), is it worth setting the AMC to mixed FWD runs, dropping his mentality to that of the central midfielders and asking him to move into the channnels and / or roam from position (also run with ball to mixed & keep through balls at often? On my tottenham save this has created a little hole for Modric to play in where although he is not my top scorer he has set up a lot of goals for my strikers. My defence is still very solid. Also have changed striker through balls to mixed and put CM / AMC / ST passing to first nothc of mixed.

This may or may not help people but it is always worth a try

--------------------------------------

Dave, Thank you very much for your tweaked version. I had never finished in the top 4 spots in the EPL before even using the original tactic with many teams and with huge budgets. I used this tactic for 3 seasons and I came in the first season 5th, second season 10 th, and now in my 3rd season I came THIRD on 77 pts, 3 pts behind the winners Man City on 80 pts.

I have found this version very good defensivley. The reason Im so impressed with this version is being at Sunderland for 3/4 seasons I have had a big budget but have not been able to spend it, the club owe out money on big deals before I arrived over a few years and also had £100's of millions in few diff loans. So I have had to try and get older £1 million players and free transfers/ contract expiring etc or loans.

I got a lot of 1-0's. The way I went for it was to go with the normal tactic and then if I had a 1-0 lead in the 75 to 80th minute I would go full on time wasting and change the teams appoach to "contain" (Ultra defensive). Only about 4/5 times in 3 seasons did I get caught out. If I went behind I changed time wasting to NONE and went all out attack till/if I regained a lead.

I had 18 clean sheets. This tactic is great IMO, I wreckon now with getting into the Champions League I will actually be able to use some money to get quality players in and then I would expect to win the league. Because what I would class as journeymen have got me to 3rd and only 3 pts from winning the league.

Thanks again !

------

@dave byrd and anyone who uses the tweaked version

What would be the recommended attributes for the AMC postion, please?

Creativity, passing, teamwork...?