Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

I'm currently on a 104 game unbeaten streak with Cordoba using the Final Unbeaten version. It's my favorite tactic from Mr. Hough. Before I preferred the Original Classic, but the Final Unbeaten is better balanced in almost every way.

However, I've moded the version as well, so it's not quite the actual tactic that Mr. Hough posted.

What tweaks have you made DirtyACE.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------------------------

Dave, Thank you very much for your tweaked version. I had never finished in the top 4 spots in the EPL before even using the original tactic with many teams and with huge budgets. I used this tactic for 3 seasons and I came in the first season 5th, second season 10 th, and now in my 3rd season I came THIRD on 77 pts, 3 pts behind the winners Man City on 80 pts.

I have found this version very good defensivley. The reason Im so impressed with this version is being at Sunderland for 3/4 seasons I have had a big budget but have not been able to spend it, the club owe out money on big deals before I arrived over a few years and also had £100's of millions in few diff loans. So I have had to try and get older £1 million players and free transfers/ contract expiring etc or loans.

I got a lot of 1-0's. The way I went for it was to go with the normal tactic and then if I had a 1-0 lead in the 75 to 80th minute I would go full on time wasting and change the teams appoach to "contain" (Ultra defensive). Only about 4/5 times in 3 seasons did I get caught out. If I went behind I changed time wasting to NONE and went all out attack till/if I regained a lead.

I had 18 clean sheets. This tactic is great IMO, I wreckon now with getting into the Champions League I will actually be able to use some money to get quality players in and then I would expect to win the league. Because what I would class as journeymen have got me to 3rd and only 3 pts from winning the league.

Thanks again !

------

Well after another 2 seasons (Season 4 and 5 with Sunderland) lads I finnally managed to do what I had not done till now. WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE !

In season 4 I came 5TH on 68 pts, same pts as 4th but below Man City on goal difference so missed out on CL for season 5 which was gutting considering it's worth around 30-40 million. However in season 5 I finally had some cash to spend due to CL money and bought £62 million worth of players (4) of them. Started the season a bit poor, won 3 out of first 10 games but from then onwards absolutely in great form ! Ended up winning the Premier league on 78 pts and also the Europa League also to do the DOUBLE.

Very happy with this tweaked version from Dave, very good defensively and once you get in the last ten minutes if you are 1-0 or 2-0 up etc just put it on contain and time wasting on full and it very rarely goes wrong with my Sunderland team.

Cheers

@toshibakid

I don't want to be a pain in the neck, but could you tell me what attributes you recommend for AMC?

Sure Michael, MY AMC I have at the moment is Spanish and cost me quite a bit but he scored 14 goals and had 10 assists, I bought him for 15 + attributes, these are the main ones I chose to filter

Technique,Passing,First Touch, Long shot,Work Rate,Creativity,Decisions. They for me for the few AM's I had have been the main attributes and have always been 15 or above.

How do you use the .pft files? I dont understand that^^

Save it in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\filters. Create the filters folder if not there.

Then go Seach>Players and load up the filter in 'manage filters'

I feel thick, When i was making the Winger formation tactics i always complained that my wingers where not receiving the ball or running at the opposition like i wanted them too. The reason they where doing this is i think because i always set the Focus Passing stupidly down the middle.

Earlier on today i was playing with Real Madrid Legends Career save and changed the tactic to Suit Both Luis Figo and Steve McManaman on the Left and Right wing. I also changed the Focus Passing to go down both flanks instead of through the middle or mixed and also a few other bits regarding the strikers and Midfield and the change was unreal.

I found my wingers had unreal space and time and where running crossing and doing all the wonderful things you want wingers to do.

It was easy with Real Madrid so I'm playing with Tottenham at the minute as they have decent wingers in there side. I have just beat Man City 5-0 too.

The formation is a 4-2-2-2 with 2 CM's instead of 2 DM's. I think the CM's give the team much more balance as the DM's would be too deep and the might be problematic for my defence.

Updates soon.

Does this mean a winger formation is in the process of being made!? :D

I really hope you pull this one of mate, winger formations are my favourite.

Very Very much on the process of being made the attack as always is awesome just need to look at the defence which is always the case in my tactics.

helleo MR H... I just wonder.. should i use oi´s in the latest tactic Yours and JPs tac?? 4-1-2-3... I dident understand in your op.. thanks for great tactics mate... keep up the good work...

Hmm, I think I will have to tweak it into a 4-2-3-1 by moving a striker into AMC :D as that formation isn't implemented in FM :)

Why change a tactic i have scored 18 goals in 5 games as tottenham Including a 5-0 Home win over Man City and 6-0 Away win over stoke where my front 4 players (2 Wingers and 2 Strikers) scored all the goals.

Why change something that clearly works.

Why change a tactic i have scored 18 goals in 5 games as tottenham Including a 5-0 Home win over Man City and 6-0 Away win over stoke where my front 4 players (2 Wingers and 2 Strikers) scored all the goals.

Why change something that clearly works.

I have to play formations that are used by the AI, makes the game more realistic :p I would use your 4-1-2-1-2, but I like to use Wingers :thup:

wow am i missing something ? Dave,are you releasing a winger tactic ?

I'm not releasing one yet i'm working on one though and it's going fantastic just beat Chelsea 2-1 away with Modric (My Left Winger) setting up both goals for defoe.

Mr Hough

I wish you hadn't said that you are working on a wingers tactic! Now i'm gonna be checking this thread all the time, and you are going to get alot of people asking about it and when it will be released! When you probably won't be releasing it for quite a while yet...... grrrrrrr!

Steve

Mr Hough

I wish you hadn't said that you are working on a wingers tactic! Now i'm gonna be checking this thread all the time, and you are going to get alot of people asking about it and when it will be released! When you probably won't be releasing it for quite a while yet...... grrrrrrr!

Steve

Testing with Tottenham is going great at the minute scoring alot of goals and to be honest i'm not conceding that much. Gomes has really been on form though and the Opposition has had alot more CCC's than i'd like. It's only the defence i need to tighen up.

Just beat Wigan 5-1 away, they created 4 CCC's i created 1 so it is alot closer than the score line suggests.

Testing with Tottenham is going great at the minute scoring alot of goals and to be honest i'm not conceding that much. Gomes has really been on form though and the Opposition has had alot more CCC's than i'd like. It's only the defence i need to tighen up.

Just beat Wigan 5-1 away, they created 4 CCC's i created 1 so it is alot closer than the score line suggests.

Do you play the wingers as wingers attack? or inside forwards? I know modric is a killer inside forward.

Completly off topic but i wonder how many people have used my tactics in FM10 or Fmlive, It must be in thousands because i know it's on forums in Holland Germany Greece Portugal aswell as loads in England too.

Completly off topic but i wonder how many people have used my tactics in FM10 or Fmlive, It must be in thousands because i know it's on forums in Holland Germany Greece Portugal aswell as loads in England too.

I'd say more than that mate :)

I would say a rough estimate, is that 65-70% of ALL users of FML currently players the 4-1-2-3 formation, and it is really hard to beat... it is so widespread that SI will change the ME to make narrow formations less effective.

just give a try your winger tactic like

----------st----------

-aml-------------amr-

-------mc--mc-------

----------dm---------

-fb---dc-----dc---fb-

----------gk----------

(fb can be wb)

i think you will have possesion and passing domination

On Polish forums your tactics are also very popular.

Nearly 26 thousand downloads on one site (and 140 thousand hits).

You are taking all the credits.

Italy too, but actualy its mainly heavily tweaked versions based on some principles of your tactics

What tweaks have you made DirtyACE.

Nothing radical, just a few minor ones based on common sense:

1. This is the main one. Increase the passing for both MCs to mixed, the middle setting on the slider. This is to give the MCs more options and take more advantage of situations when a through pass can lead to a good scoring opportunity.

2. Increased creative freedom by one notch for both FBs. This is to make them a bit more effective in attack. I've also increase the passing by a couple notches, but this was mainly to suit my own players. Both of my FBs are good passers, so I've decided to take advantage of it.

3. Increased the passing for all three strikers by 2 notches. Again, it's to give them more options, because sometimes they would try to dribble or shoot from bad positions when instead they could have simply made a quick pass to a teammate in a better position to score.

So as you can see, nothing major. Just some minor tweaks really to improve team play in general.

However, in actual matches, I also make minor tweaks to tempo and time wasting, but these I've always done, no matter what tactic I'm using.

I managed to get to just over 110 matches unbeaten, then lost due to some bad luck mostly, like conceding own goals. However, in just league play, I'm still unbeaten in 100 matches.

100gamesundefeated.png

Yeah, I would also like to know what tweaks you made.

See above.

I have to play formations that are used by the AI, makes the game more realistic :p I would use your 4-1-2-1-2, but I like to use Wingers :thup:

hi Corkey, i have actually faced the 4-2-2-2 formation Mr Hough was talking about.

my previous save using At Madrid, i faced that formation whenever i played Real Madrid.

they normally lined up:

GK Casillas

DL Marcelo

DR Ramos

DC Pepe

DC Albiol

DMC Alonso

DMC Diarra

AML Kaka

AMR Ronaldo

ST Benzema

ST Higuain

Marcelo and Ramos would bomb forward to overlap Kaka and Ronaldo who performed as Inside Forwards cutting in to fill the vacant AMC space. Benzema and Higuain would move into the channels or drop deep.

I am playing with Werder Bremen now, just started this new save in Season 1. I personally would like to play 4-2-3-1 with Ozil at AMC to spread play around.

Currently, i have adapted the Mr Hough & JP Woody version into a kinda Brazil 4-2-3-1. My squad is limited because i dont have fast strikers and only have 2 Target Man types, Pizarro and Almeida.

How i adapted the original 4-1-2-3 tactic was to maintain the defence and midfield, ie. 4-1-2 but to move the left and right strikers.

i pulled the left striker deeper to the AMC slot and the right striker deeper and wider to the AMR slot.

I left the AMC settings untouched, because the Centre striker is set to drop deep anyway, the AMC has higher mentality settings and would surge into the box into the space vacated.

the AMR settings, remained unchanged, except i put mentality to MAX and Wide play changed to Cut Inside.

I have been using Mr Hough and JP Woody tactics for 5 seasons previously with At Madrid, my observations why it dominates opponents is the 3 strikers occupying the usual opp. back four.

with 3 strikers, the opp. fullbacks cannot advance, in fear of leaving their DCs outnumbered. Once the Centre striker makes runs into the channels or drops deep to get on the ball, he usually drags away 1 DC. We all know what happens next, 1-2 quick passes to a side striker clean through on goal against the remaining 1 DC.

With the fullbacks pinned back, the opp. has no flank attack and with our 3 midfielders playing central and narrow, we usually win the battle. Our 4 man defence remains relatively static, cos the fullbacks are not required to join in the attack which provides a very stable base.

So after rambling, my adaptation is:

GK

DR

DL

DC

DC

DMC

MC

Mc

AMC(left)

AMR

ST

How it plays. ST drops deep to show creating space for AMC(left) to enter the box. AMR cuts in (use a stronger left foot player) and moves into box between DC and DR. same thing, quick passes and AMs are through on goal. If ur inside forward has strong right foot, just alternate. AML and AMC(right)

what i love is that the 2 MCs are attacking and arrive late in the box to further overload the opp. penalty area.

try it out, before Mr Hough releases his 4-2-2-2

Nothing radical, just a few minor ones based on common sense:

1. This is the main one. Increase the passing for both MCs to mixed, the middle setting on the slider. This is to give the MCs more options and take more advantage of situations when a through pass can lead to a good scoring opportunity.

2. Increased creative freedom by one notch for both FBs. This is to make them a bit more effective in attack. I've also increase the passing by a couple notches, but this was mainly to suit my own players. Both of my FBs are good passers, so I've decided to take advantage of it.

3. Increased the passing for all three strikers by 2 notches. Again, it's to give them more options, because sometimes they would try to dribble or shoot from bad positions when instead they could have simply made a quick pass to a teammate in a better position to score.

So as you can see, nothing major. Just some minor tweaks really to improve team play in general.

However, in actual matches, I also make minor tweaks to tempo and time wasting, but these I've always done, no matter what tactic I'm using.

I managed to get to just over 110 matches unbeaten, then lost due to some bad luck mostly, like conceding own goals. However, in just league play, I'm still unbeaten in 100 matches.

100gamesundefeated.png

See above.

Thanks for getting back to me, Thats an unbeleivable acheivment mate well done. I think i will take your advice on board and implement it into my winger tactic.

Here is a Highlights game of a recent game against Man Utd. I won the game 4-0 but the approach play and defence is excellent and i wanted to show give you an update on how the tactic performs.

To view the highlights download the PKM and place it in the Matches folder in the FM10 documents. then load it up at the main menu screen.

http://www.filefront.com/17158483/Tottenham v Man Utd Mr Hough Winger tactic in full flow..pkm

I would like some feedback on your thoughts s on where it could be improved and what your first impression is.