Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

does this mean you change strikers to role attack and amc to support? or keep all on attack

what i changed is the left striker to the role shown. i kept the amc the same and it working a treat.

just another update. i;m in yr 2012 with At Madrid patch 10.3

i';ve been using the Mr Hough and J Woody final tactic and the team is on track for the treble.

i've successfully retained the La Liga title for 3 seasons on a row. this time, with 5 games left to play. A very successful season. I;m on 99 goals now, with 18 against. I should comfortably cross the 100 goals mark.. Adriano has been top scorer at the central striker role with 35 goals in all competitions. Second is Dzeko who rotates with Adriano with 23 goals. the left and right strikers have about 10-14 goals each. midfielders have around 5 goals each.

once i clinched the league title, i recalled all my youngsters back from loan and started them in league matches. not doing too badly. even my 18 yr GK Areola has been turning in good performances.

next up is the Champions League finals against Liverpool, which i have destroyed season after season. They insist of using the aging Gerrad and Carra. Dont know how they managed to make it to the finals. After that, its Barcelona in the Spanish cup finals.

1 thing to report back about the tactic.

I must say that this tactic is dangerous from many angles. Example, i was facing Man City in the Champions League Semi finals this season. Beat them 5-1 on aggregate.

But the interesting point is the tactics they employed and how this 4-1-2-3 tactic simply over powered them.

City being a super rich team had assembled a star squad. Faced with my3 strikers they decided to man-mark all 3 strikers. This tactic has a back-up plan for man-marking. the 2 attacking central midfield players advance and get beyond the roaming left and right strikers.

Miguel Veloso scored the opening goal in both legs played through by the left striker after a late run into the box. K Asmoah scored too played in by the central striker.

Right back Cesar Azipuelleta scored as well cutting in on the right and blasting the ball across the keeper. He has scored 5 times this season from the same position!

If the opposition does not man-mark the 3 strikers, then they will run riot. If they do, this tactic has so many other weapons to score and dominate.

Top top tactic this 1. :thup:

Which MC spot are you playing Asamoah in?

i usually play him in the left MC slot. His ball skills and tremendous physical stats i find are perfect for the MC role. He usually finds himself in good positions overlapping the Strikers or arriving late for cut backs.

For the DMC position, i prefer to use good heading players but with decent passing skills. I use Rodwell and Ignachio. Although Ignachio is a little short and i sometimes use him at MC also.

For that game against Man City, i had put Veloso on the left MC and K Asmoah on the right MC slot. My usual right MCs were injured, Moutinho, Melo and Raul Garcia all out.

K Asmoah to me would be wasted at DMC, his first touch and creativity and mental stats are too good to just sit infront of the defence.

i usually play him in the left MC slot. His ball skills and tremendous physical stats i find are perfect for the MC role. He usually finds himself in good positions overlapping the Strikers or arriving late for cut backs.

For the DMC position, i prefer to use good heading players but with decent passing skills. I use Rodwell and Ignachio. Although Ignachio is a little short and i sometimes use him at MC also.

For that game against Man City, i had put Veloso on the left MC and K Asmoah on the right MC slot. My usual right MCs were injured, Moutinho, Melo and Raul Garcia all out.

K Asmoah to me would be wasted at DMC, his first touch and creativity and mental stats are too good to just sit infront of the defence.

Would you mind posting a pic of your squad after your latest season? I'm just curious to see the goal and assist spread amongst your players.

And you are using the Mr. Hough & JP Woody version, not the Mr. Hough 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten Final Version, right?

sparks version is by far the best for goals scored but defence needs a lil tweaking i should have it sussed by tonite but ive played 7 won 7 with norwich 4th seaon 2nd season in the epl

I'd be interested to see what you came up with.

sparks version is by far the best for goals scored but defence needs a lil tweaking i should have it sussed by tonite but ive played 7 won 7 with norwich 4th seaon 2nd season in the epl

bring the FB s back by 2 clicks in mentanilty and closeing down to get it tighter

On the Mr-Hough-and-JP-Woody-Final-Version do we need to user OI ?
You can if you want to, but most people don't. It's harder for your team to maintain shape with them.

I use Hard Tackling and Show Weaker Foot on MR/ML and AMR/AML (and DR/DL WBR/WBL if they often Run Forward)... because I conceded most goals (~70%) from crossing...

Cheers for that Sparks....ill looked at droping defence line....but ill do what u said

ok im trying out the fb s with 2 clicks up on both closeing down and menetailty to the same settings as the CM s it works better i feel because the other players have more room to play wile they try to close your FBs down .. so its 4 clicks up on wot i told you before or 2 clicks on the first tatcic i posted

@Spikester: What about the forwards? Are they scoring enough? Maybe I change the system after my actual season and I want to try the 4-1-2-1-2 but if only the AMC is scoring much, it's low because I love to have really good forwards but if they don't have any effect in the system, they're useless (and expensive)

@Spikester: What about the forwards? Are they scoring enough? Maybe I change the system after my actual season and I want to try the 4-1-2-1-2 but if only the AMC is scoring much, it's low because I love to have really good forwards but if they don't have any effect in the system, they're useless (and expensive)

I don't think the strikers are scoring as much as you may like, but they do still score. I notice my centre mid's scoring a few more goals than my AMC, but the tactic plays very well and you conceed very little.

Steve

Did you read the OP? Did you get right players for the tactic?

It's quite possible to finish at least in top 6 with Mallorca. I was able to finish 3rd with a team that was predicted to be in 20th place.

This is why I'm especially surprised this tactic don't work for me.

What's the "OP" you're talking about?

the "Opening Post" => 1st post, 1st page

Off topic: I made an application to m'borough a few minutes ago (they had dismissed their coach). There was an option to trade me there at the end of the season.

Can I applicate to another club for the end of the season? I can show my interest on jobs of coaches who are under pressure. Could it happen that they try to employ me and I say to them that I would come to them after the season?

Great job making this tactic as I see most people are having great success with it, but I have to say i'm not getting the best of results with this tactic. Using the Hough and JP Woody final version, the one at the bottom of the first post. Used it for several different clubs, never had any smashing success, for example once with Barca where i'm leading La Liga, but only two points ahead of second with several losses, so i could get that with pretty much any tactic.

Currently managing Bath in Blue Square South, thought i'd give the tactic a try again and see if it could help me up in the leagues. Media predicted me winner for the first season, currently in fourth, eight points from the leader, just got a 4-2 drubbing from Weymouth, who are last in the league, and just narrowly beat Chelmsford (who are 18th) with a lucky 3-2 win, they were dominating the game. Granted I don't have the best of squads of course, but i have as good as you can at this level, and seeing media predicted me winners i should have one of the best squads, but i'm getting dominated in most games, very poor goal scoring, winning 1-0 or 2-1 mostly. Getting very lucky with most results, the opposing teams killing me but failing to score and i get some lucky bounces.

I will soldier on though and hope the tide turns!

i found if you use thes settings for 1 of the 2 strikers in the 41212 formation he bangs the goals in

poacher.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ay up Crags, thee alrate?

I've just been trying these settings but I must be doing summat wrong. If I set it to poacher - attack, then my creativity setting by default is 4 to the right. In order to get it as low as yours, I have to tick it and set it manually. Obviously I can do that, but it makes me wonder why....

Cheers

Great job making this tactic as I see most people are having great success with it, but I have to say i'm not getting the best of results with this tactic. Using the Hough and JP Woody final version, the one at the bottom of the first post. Used it for several different clubs, never had any smashing success, for example once with Barca where i'm leading La Liga, but only two points ahead of second with several losses, so i could get that with pretty much any tactic.

Currently managing Bath in Blue Square South, thought i'd give the tactic a try again and see if it could help me up in the leagues. Media predicted me winner for the first season, currently in fourth, eight points from the leader, just got a 4-2 drubbing from Weymouth, who are last in the league, and just narrowly beat Chelmsford (who are 18th) with a lucky 3-2 win, they were dominating the game. Granted I don't have the best of squads of course, but i have as good as you can at this level, and seeing media predicted me winners i should have one of the best squads, but i'm getting dominated in most games, very poor goal scoring, winning 1-0 or 2-1 mostly. Getting very lucky with most results, the opposing teams killing me but failing to score and i get some lucky bounces.

I will soldier on though and hope the tide turns!

It's hard in lower leagues. I am playing Aldershot in CCL 2. 2 games before the end of the season sitting on the 2nd place (only on goal diffrence). Predicted to be 18th. But the biggets help were my loans. Because this tactis needs good technical players I don't worry to loan players only for 3 months because they help a lot (using filters from OP).

Yeah, i'm trying a lot of loans but i've only managed to get one loan altogether, a centre back. No one else seems to want to join me lol, even though i try to loan youngsters from the reserves of league 1 players, etc. If i manage to promote it should get a bit easier hopefully.

Also, what are the most important positions for this tactic do you think? I think my weakest link are my strikers, failed to get any decent ones in, i managed to get the good CB on loan and a brilliant (for my level) CM on free transfer, but my strikers have been lackluster. Should i concentrate on getting a better center striker, or what position is the most important?

Yeah, i'm trying a lot of loans but i've only managed to get one loan altogether, a centre back. No one else seems to want to join me lol, even though i try to loan youngsters from the reserves of league 1 players, etc. If i manage to promote it should get a bit easier hopefully.

Also, what are the most important positions for this tactic do you think? I think my weakest link are my strikers, failed to get any decent ones in, i managed to get the good CB on loan and a brilliant (for my level) CM on free transfer, but my strikers have been lackluster. Should i concentrate on getting a better center striker, or what position is the most important?

You can find a lot of info in OP. But I can say that my best strikers are loaned ones. First I concantrate on defense especially on fullbacks. Then DC, then DMC. Midfielders must be able to tackle, wide forwards fast, center forward creativ and technical. For attack concentrate on center FW. Hope it helps.

This thread is ridiculously long. :eek: As far as i can see and by the feeling from a number of users is that Mr Hough and JP Woody Final Version is the best tactic out, unless anyone wants to dispute this. I am trying to find where to download it and having no luck what so ever, can anyone help?

Cheers.

This thread is ridiculously long. :eek: As far as i can see and by the feeling from a number of users is that Mr Hough and JP Woody Final Version is the best tactic out, unless anyone wants to dispute this. I am trying to find where to download it and having no luck what so ever, can anyone help?

Cheers.

Try reading the OP (the first post of this thread). All the info and all the tactic versions are there.

There's really no consensus about which tactic is the best one, they're all good. I can tell you from personal experience that the Classic Original, Mr. Hough 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten Final Version, and the Mr. Hough & JP Woody version, have all proven themselves to me. Try them all and see which one works best for you.

This is why I'm especially surprised this tactic don't work for me.

What's the "OP" you're talking about?

The OP is the first post of this thread.

What is the best tactic???
What is the tactic which JP Woody use????

Read the OP, all the tactics are there, plus other information.

The JP Woody tactic is in the OP as well.

Would you mind posting a pic of your squad after your latest season? I'm just curious to see the goal and assist spread amongst your players.

And you are using the Mr. Hough & JP Woody version, not the Mr. Hough 4-1-2-3 Unbeaten Final Version, right?

yup, i'm using the Mr Hough and JP Woody version.

i'll try to post my squad after the season.

another update, just played the Champions League Finals against liverpool.

Liverpool were 2-0 up in 13 mins. Long range bomb from Gerrad totally unstoppable. then next Simon Vucenic hit a curling freekick into the top corner, keeper had no chance.

but the morale and motivation was sky high for the my squad so we fought right back.

2 goals before half time tied the score. Pique pulled 1 back from a corner and then a counter attack lead by Aguero who squared for the on rushing Dzeko pulled us level from 2 behind.

2nd half, released my right back and central striker had very low ratings (5.8 and 5.7 respectively). gave them my best half time talk and hoped for them to improve. sadly about 58 mins played, still no improvement so i had to bring in 2 subs.

rotation leftback who has been trained and played at rightback came in (Dodo), then top scorer veteran Adriano came in. Adriano scored the go ahead within 10 mins of his entrance played through the middle and calmly slotting the ball under Reina.

Dzeko then scored the 4th after some nice link up play, again with Adriano.

Liverpool scored a late consolation to make it 4-3. but as always, i leave the tactic unchanged and retain the Champions League title 2 yrs in a row! Fantastic.

Next up is the Spanish Cup finals against Barcelona. Not quite interested in this trophy but will still put in my fittest team to give Barca a run for their money.

My next two targets for next season are replacements for both fullbacks. thinking of bringing in both Da Silva twins from Man U. both rafael and fabio are 21 yrs now have impressive stats. Rafael even set a new M.O.M record for Man U this season... impressive

I've been working on the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic as i won't completely happy with despite my massive success with everton and the unbeaten streak.

I've been looking at the feedback from players and have took on board what has been said about the strikers, I have had a play around with the strikers aswell as some other positions and the way i have the strikers at the minute is, when they receive the ball they move towards the goal but more along the 18 yard box and then through pass to either the oncoming other striker the amc or if one of the midfielders is feeling adventures.

This is a working progress tactic and is no where near release.

I've been working on the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic as i won't completely happy with despite my massive success with everton and the unbeaten streak.

I've been looking at the feedback from players and have took on board what has been said about the strikers, I have had a play around with the strikers aswell as some other positions and the way i have the strikers at the minute is, when they receive the ball they move towards the goal but more along the 18 yard box and then through pass to either the oncoming other striker the amc or if one of the midfielders is feeling adventures.

Keep us updated Mr Hough. I'm still enjoying using the 41212, love how it barely conceeds many goals, but its good that your working on the strikers getting more involved. I'm certainly looking forward to what you come up with.

Steve

Hi All,

I've been using the - Mr. Hough JP Woody Final Version 10.3 - with good success at Forest. 1st CCC and 8th in Prem (just finished 2nd season) I have not tweaked or altered any settings and do not use OI and my concern is that I am conceeding quite a few goals. With this version of the tactic, should I be using OI to tight mark, man mark the opposing wide players?

I've just been trying these settings but I must be doing summat wrong. If I set it to poacher - attack, then my creativity setting by default is 4 to the right. In order to get it as low as yours, I have to tick it and set it manually. Obviously I can do that, but it makes me wonder why....

Cheers

to be honest mate i dont know why. but at min im trying to come up with a 4 2 3 1 with wingers so i got rid of all tactic's so i carny look for you but Imagen why it does it 4 you.

Hi All,

I've been using the - Mr. Hough JP Woody Final Version 10.3 - with good success at Forest. 1st CCC and 8th in Prem (just finished 2nd season) I have not tweaked or altered any settings and do not use OI and my concern is that I am conceeding quite a few goals. With this version of the tactic, should I be using OI to tight mark, man mark the opposing wide players?

I wouldn't use OI's because it takes the effectivness out of the defending because instead of players holding position they hard challenging and leaving gaps proberly why your conceding, You could try the Mr Hough and JP Woody tactic thats in the OP aswell

Cheers

He will have probably changed either starting strategy or the philosophy that's the only way to change the wizard settings other than making a new tactic of course

Played vs Man Utd with Inter in Champions League final, leading 2-0 using the unbeaten final 4123, 1 red card(40 min) for me, I take out 1(left) striker and put a midfielder in the spot of CM where my CM was expelled.

The team still plays well and concedes very low, later another player gets the red(70 min), again a midfielder, again I put a midfielder instead of the right striker, the team scored the third ! and doesnt concede anything to the opposition! So I was playing a 4121 and conceding almost nothing playing so well.

Maker me wonder since the tream played so well with just one central striker, maybe move the 2 ''wide'' strikers and put other players maybe to LM and RM or DM's positions, would be worth to look into

unbelievable !

actually, in terms of strikers performing if tried something and i've gotten interesting results. let me share explain more.

Left and Right Strikers:

Its true that they tend to drift wide sometimes. but because the passing is set to "Play through the middle", width is relatively narrow and u should have set ur home pitch to most narrow at the beginning of the season, the Left and Right strikers rarely end up hugging the touchline.

They normally end up on the outside shoulder of the fullbacks or in the space vacated by the fullbacks if they have bombed forward.

I shall use the Left striker position for an example. The right striker position i use the same strategy. Now, for my left striker, i use either Aguero, Dzeko, Forlan or Buottanonte. Each of these strikers performs very differently. I make my choice based on the opposition especially their formation, style of tactic and their right fullback. Let me explain further...

(A) Facing opponents with Attacking Fullbacks and either on par or better than u.

Example Real Madrid with Sergio Ramos

For this match, i would use Forlan as the Left Striker. The alternative is Aguero but i'll explain why he isnt my first choice for this scenario.

Ramos being tremendously attacking minded and based on Real Madrid's formation of 4-2-2-2 with Ronaldo and Kaka cutting in from the flanks supported by 2 DMCs, the width is provided by the Fullbacks. Ronaldo and Kaka never track back at all and mostly occupy AMC positions when in possession.

The leaves the flank portions in their penalty area vacant. What i expect to happen is that when i regain possession, the central striker with his lower mentality would be playing between the strata of the 2 opposition DCs and their DMCs. The AI would normally play Stopper/Cover and such the Cover DC would play my left and right strikers onside while the Stopper marks the central striker.

With Forlan at the Left Striker i have a deadly weapon. Let me explain. To me, Forlan is tailored made for the scenario and this tactic. His relevant stats, 19 Finishing, 20 Long Shots, 17 Technique, Composure, Off the ball, Determination, Strength, Pace, Acceleration all above 15. Plus his PPMs, Shoot with power, Try longrange shots, Tries first time shots. Relatively 2 footed.

With these attributes Forlan has scored against the big teams for me consistently since the beginning of my career game, until i just offloaded him at the age of 33. Even so, he still scored 14 goals being used on a rotational basis or as an impact sub.

How it unfolds.... With acres of space down the flanks vacated by the opp. fullback bombing up the field, Forlan is available usually unmarked. Any quality ball into space would release him. With Forlan being relatively 2 footed, being out wide (but not hugging the line) he can either break the def line and head towards the near post or stay wide and go to the byline. More often than not, Forlan heads to goal due to his PPMs. He is trigger happy!

I noticed by default, most AI teams play the left DC as covering. That means he is further back to Forlan coming down from the left, ie. has to cover more ground to get across! With the other DC occupied by the central striker now arriving late down the middle and the 2 DMCs marking the 2 attacking MCs advancing its effectively a 2 on 1 scenario. Left and Right Strikers breaking against the Covering DC!

Covering DC has to make a choice. close down Forlan on the left and leave right striker unmarked? or try to a miracle worker and mark the passing lane between the left and right striker? Here is why i prefer to use Forlan on the left rather than on the right. Forlan being relatively 2 footed, does not need to shift the ball to his right for a shot. But if he has the space and time, he can also do so and shoot across the keeper. whereas if i use Aguero he will not shoot with his left foot and by shifting the ball to his right and then cutting in a bit more, the angle would be narrowed and the Covering DC and GK can make a stop.

Plus with Forlan's PPMs to try first time shots and shoot with power and try longrange shots, plus his super finishing stats, if the keeper rushes out and Covering DC stays in the middle to mark the passing lanes, Forlan can unlease a thumper to beat the keeper at the near post. If the keeper stays on his line, Forlan can shoot across him to the far post.

Great to kill the game, especially if the opposition is pushing men forward desperately.

I'll share strategies for the other 3 strikers later and then also about the central striker strategy.

Next

(B) Facing opponents with Defensive Fullbacks

Eg. Carragher with Liverpool

When faced with this kind of fullback who is like to stay back most of the time i unlease my 'speedy gonzales' type players on them. Which type depends on the fullbacks speed.

If i'm facing Carragher a DRC type player who has got steel post legs Aguero on the Left. Reason is this, if the opp. fullback stays back, my fullback will make a run down the flank and overlap the left striker.

Aguero being primarily right footed, should cut inside onto Carragher's weak foot. Aguero's speed, dribbling, creative, flair stats are way superior and should leave Carragher in his dust. I've given Aguero training for PPM's to include side step keeper and curl shots, which are deadly for cutting in from the left onto his stronger right foot.

If GK comes, one side dribble and then its a shot into an empty net or a centred ball past the covering DC to the central striker for a tap in. If GK stays to cover the near post, a curling shot to the far post is the other option.

(B2) Facing opponents with defensive fullbacks

Micah Richards with Man City

If i face an athletic defensive fullback with pace, i'll send on Diego Buottannate. I have retrained him to be accomplished at FC position over the duration of 1 full season. But even when i just began retraining him, he was at Awkward, he still performed very well because he had the perfect stats for it. Being primarily a speedy winger, he has blistering pace, balance, creativity, decisions, crossing, dribbling, passing, anticipation everything. what he lacked in finishing skill he more than made up with composure and off the ball ratings, which meant he was always in the right place at the right time and always did the best thing at the right time.

What i do to set him up is to lower his mentality rating by 2 notches and the fullback behind him also by 2 notches. what this does is that he will position himself lower down on the pitch, which has 2 benefits. it hopefully will draw the opp. rightback out of his def line and create more space behind to run into. The lower mentality on the leftback behind him should keep that player from bombing forward and overlapping. the leftback is to assume a supporting role and backpass option. basically back to front 1-2 pass to release Buottanote.

With Buottanote on the left striker slot, i'm looking for 2 things. i will usually play a big central striker and a clinical right striker. thats because the settings are meant for Buottanote to blow by Richards and send a cross in to the other 2 strikers, one of whom should be unmarked, or even a cutback to an advancing attacking MC. Buottanote set a new club record for me with 23 assists using this setting. my MCs have scored an average of 5-7 goals each with the DMCs scoring about 3 a piece. i play with an entire 2nd 11 plus 3 rotation players, this setup is deadly.

Buottanote also finished the season with 10 goals which could have been much higher if not for his 13 finishing rating. He gets into faboulus 2nd shot positions or give and go situations with the central strikers often 1 on 1 with the keeper. i did not train him to side step the keeper because there is usually very little pitch behind him.

© Facing opponents using short fullbacks

Fabio, Rafael, Evra from Man U

When faced against short fullbacks who are pretty useless in the air, i through in my physical beast, Edin Dzeko. Its time to bully and beat the life out of the fullback. Dzeko has play with back to goal in his PPMs and shoot with power too. its pretty straight forward. just but Dzeko into the left striker slot and watch him destroy his marker.

crosses to the far post from the right, best from deep Dzeko will eat up all game against his smaller opponent in the box. Anybody opp player trying to help out will leave a player unmarked and Dzeko having decent creative, passing stats normally can pick out, thats why he is the 2nd assist maker on the team.

Dzeko also creates goals for himself. backing the defender into the penalty area, receiving ball to feet, turns and shoots. Dzeko was my 2nd highest scorer after Adriano at 23 goals. I play with 8 strikers on rotation basis, so its pretty extraordinary.

I also use Edinson Cavani for the right side equvilanent although he has been less prolific, with only 15 goals.

Next up, Central strikers

Centre Strikers

this is ur top goal getter guys. if u have a guy with the following attributes ur team will transform into a world better. Bold words i know, but considering my top scorer is an ageing Adriano who just cannot stop scoring against any form of opposition. Be it Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Chelsea anyone. Adriano finished the season with 35 goals including 5 hat tricks. 2 of those hat trick performances came against Barcelona at home and Chelsea away.

for the central striker, my feel on getting the best performance is this:

1) Good to be a tall, strong player who is decent in the air. Just to give the opposition another threat to think about, also because he comes deep to pick up the ball.

2) Pace and acceleration decent is sufficient. Too fast is in fact a negative. Will explain in detail later.

3) Finishing, composure, Off the ball is a Must! As high as possible. Adriano is lethal in this.

4) PPMs shoot with power is very useful. Will explain more later

Ok, how these attributes plus the tactical settings work in tandem to create a devastating player. With lower mentality settings, central striker plays withdrawn. Left and right strikers are advanced and wider, which can act as decoys and to create space for the central striker to work.

Scoring scenario 1

balls comes to central striker in the box, with defenders drawn away to the flanks by the left and right strikers. Having strength and finishing, either turn to face marker, take him on and finish with amob, or simply turn and blast the ball hard into the net. Adriano has made a career of this!

Scoring scenario 2

Dont be fooled by Adriano. 1.92m tall, 98kg (heaviest player in La Liga), pace 13, acceleration 15, work rate and team work both poor. but Adriano scores most of his goals by running onto through balls or crosses driven into the box!!!!! Yes, man-mountain Adriano sprinting onto the ball and finishing with a neat finish into the corner of the goal.

Let me explain how he can do this so often and against any manner of markers.

With Off the ball, anticipation and technique being super high, 18-19 i think, Adriano usually can easily escape his marker by reacting faster or anticipating a pass from his team mates. This quicker reaction coupled with decent pace and acceleration enable him to get ball side of his marker. High finishing, composure and Shoot with Power PPM will enable him to score against the on-rushing GK. Its not as effective with a striker who has Place shoot PPM because the keeper best chance is to dive low.

Space is created for Adriano to run into by the left and right strikers, whose markers also play Adriano onside for any through passes from midfield.

thats what i would like to share about the strikers. hope ppl find it useful.

another tip is to create counter attacking situations from set pieces.

what i mean is when defending set pieces, there is a good chance to create counter attcking scoring opportunities.

when defending corner, leave at least 2 players forward. i normally leave left and right strikers forward, with central striker back to defend. also, place ur best creative player at close down corner.

what this does, is to allow for ur best creative player to be left in space after the clearance. ball passed to him, the 2 fwrd players begin their run and he is ur best bet to pick them out.

Anybody watched the Germany vs England match, would know the devasting potential of these counter attacks from set plays.

Centre Strikers

this is ur top goal getter guys. if u have a guy with the following attributes ur team will transform into a world better. Bold words i know, but considering my top scorer is an ageing Adriano who just cannot stop scoring against any form of opposition. Be it Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Chelsea anyone. Adriano finished the season with 35 goals including 5 hat tricks. 2 of those hat trick performances came against Barcelona at home and Chelsea away.

for the central striker, my feel on getting the best performance is this:

1) Good to be a tall, strong player who is decent in the air. Just to give the opposition another threat to think about, also because he comes deep to pick up the ball.

2) Pace and acceleration decent is sufficient. Too fast is in fact a negative. Will explain in detail later.

3) Finishing, composure, Off the ball is a Must! As high as possible. Adriano is lethal in this.

4) PPMs shoot with power is very useful. Will explain more later

Ok, how these attributes plus the tactical settings work in tandem to create a devastating player. With lower mentality settings, central striker plays withdrawn. Left and right strikers are advanced and wider, which can act as decoys and to create space for the central striker to work.

Scoring scenario 1

balls comes to central striker in the box, with defenders drawn away to the flanks by the left and right strikers. Having strength and finishing, either turn to face marker, take him on and finish with amob, or simply turn and blast the ball hard into the net. Adriano has made a career of this!

Scoring scenario 2

Dont be fooled by Adriano. 1.92m tall, 98kg (heaviest player in La Liga), pace 13, acceleration 15, work rate and team work both poor. but Adriano scores most of his goals by running onto through balls or crosses driven into the box!!!!! Yes, man-mountain Adriano sprinting onto the ball and finishing with a neat finish into the corner of the goal.

Let me explain how he can do this so often and against any manner of markers.

With Off the ball, anticipation and technique being super high, 18-19 i think, Adriano usually can easily escape his marker by reacting faster or anticipating a pass from his team mates. This quicker reaction coupled with decent pace and acceleration enable him to get ball side of his marker. High finishing, composure and Shoot with Power PPM will enable him to score against the on-rushing GK. Its not as effective with a striker who has Place shoot PPM because the keeper best chance is to dive low.

Space is created for Adriano to run into by the left and right strikers, whose markers also play Adriano onside for any through passes from midfield.

This is for the Mr. Hough & JP Woody version I take it? Though I imagine it would probably be a good tip for all versions.

Btw, have you tried Lukaku in that position?

This is for the Mr. Hough & JP Woody version I take it? Though I imagine it would probably be a good tip for all versions.

Btw, have you tried Lukaku in that position?

yes, i play the Mr Hough & JP Woody version only.

i have a bus load of strikers but only 2 AMCs, so i cant experiment with the latest 4-1-2-1-2 version.

I've not tried Lukaku in the central position.

I'm going to experiment Edinson Cavani in that position next season, cos Adriano's stats are declining rapidly (i think its because of his poor work rate)

I rotated Cavani in the central striker role and he blew hot and cold. Scored hat trick in 1 game but then got below 6.0 ratings in 2 other games after.

i'm training him to 'Shoot with Power' and i'm getting Dzeko to tutor him now.

Fingers crossed.

I have Borja Baston lined up to lead the line for the future. He's got the height and technique for the role. Now's his mental and physical skills have to catch up. He's 19 this season so i dont need to register him.

Transfer in i did was Neymar from Santos (12 mil), Fabio and Rafael from Man U (combined 25 mil, 10 for Fabio, 15 for Rafael), loads of talented youngsters.

Let go of Rafinha and Forlan for good money.

Hey Mr Hough

First thing I need to say is that without you FM10 really wouldn't have happened. With FC United I have achieved 5 promotions in 7 years!

I just have a couple of questions to help me even further:

1) Did you use the tactic in the lower leagues at all?

2) When you search for players using the filters, how do you select from the results found? Do you rely on your scouts at all? Did you do so at lower league level?

I'd like to know what everyone else does as well if you don't mind!

Cheers

saab693