Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

If thats the case could you explain to me how Dave went 45 games unbeaten with Everton in testing?

hehe I don't know mate.I'm not complaining JP,don't take me wrong.All I'm trying to say is the tactic doesnt work for me as it works for Dave.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The worst thing is i genuinely believe if the corner cheat wasnt in this tactic i may have gone down. I struggle to get past two hands when counting how many times i scored good, well worked goals from open play.

I don't think the corner cheat routine is implement in the tactic.

Maybe it's just not working for everybody else.

hehe I don't know mate.I'm not complaining JP,don't take me wrong.All I'm trying to say is the tactic doesnt work for me as it works for Dave.

Could it then be the influence of the teamtalks etc?

The worst thing is i genuinely believe if the corner cheat wasnt in this tactic i may have gone down. I struggle to get past two hands when counting how many times i scored good, well worked goals from open play.

What corner cheat???

My corners are aimed at the back post i'm lucky if i score 15 20 goals a season from corners thats not a cheat.

What corner cheat???

My corners are aimed at the back post i'm lucky if i score 15 20 goals a season from corners thats not a cheat.

My Centre half was my top scorer and thats 1 of many things i dont see 'real' with your tactics. Im sorry if it seems like i am having a pop but its just my opinion.

Could it then be the influence of the teamtalks etc?

Have no idea mate.Just trying to read the comments here to see maybe if someone have a better run than me and I could use his tweaks.

I think I will just continue using the latest version of Mr.Hough&Jp's tactic since this one isn't good to me.

My Centre half was my top scorer and thats 1 of many things i dont see 'real' with your tactics. Im sorry if it seems like i am having a pop but its just my opinion.

Oh well fair enough then, I though you meant like outside of the box cheat.

I think the tactic doesnt score as much but i believe its the most realistic balanced tactic yet hands down.

Everyone keeps expecting high scoring games. 5-0 6-0 7-0 + but come on guys. Does this happen in the real life, NO.

Respect for you Hough & JP.

sorry for bothering all of you again but just wondering if anyone have tried mine version of 4-1-2-1-2. I will be very greatfull of any feedback or comments so as to see if it is working proper and to the rest of you.....

This sometimes happens with this corner routine especially if you have player that has very high heading and jumping attributes he will score around 15-20 goals a season.

Vidic was an absolute beast for me that way he scored around 14 or 15 goals each Premiere League season until I decided to put someone else into his position since I didn't liked the fact that a defender would always end up in the top 10 goal scorers list.

So I just put in one of my strikers at this position who hasn't the best heading and jumping attributes and he ended up adding around 5-6 goals from corners which I think is quite fair.

However if you find you get too many goals from that corner routine then just don't play it, it's easy just switch the corners to mixed and you won't see your CB as a top goal scorer ever again.

However if you find you get too many goals from that corner routine then just don't play it, it's easy just switch the corners to mixed and you won't see your CB as a top goal scorer ever again.

And you also wont get half as many points.

Ok,

i tried this new tactic in a new save game and after 15 matches + friendly matches i had to say it doesn't work for me as it should.

To be constructive i saw the following problems :

1) When the AM got the ball and go forward my 2 ST are TOO wide on both sides. So in the end my AM act like a lone ST and my 2 ST became 2 Wings. I think that happen because the 2 Fullback have to cover all the sides and when they arrive near the penalty area "ask" for some help. Then the ST come near and leave the penalty area empty.

2) Directly related to point 1 when my AM arrive in penalty area he cannot pass through the ball to anyone so the only thing he can do is to shoot. In the previous tactic 4-1-2-3 i got a CM who always was able to pass throug a ball to a ST and in that way i scored lot of goals.

Mr Hough and JP ... what do you think ?

Thx anyway for your great tactics. I'm winning lot of matchs with your tactics. !

Mattia

what does the new 4-1-2-1-2 like compared to the mr hough and jp woody final version,mr hough and jp woody final version is working awesome for my man utd and i mean awesome,the best tactic i have used by a country mile.Don't know if to risk adjusting to the new one,shall i stick with what i got that is suceeding or go for a change?????????

Finished a season with the new tactic as I am playing with Arsenal:

Played:38

Won:19

Draw:13

Lose:6

5th place in the league.

Knocked out in the 1st round of CL.

knocked out on the 6th round of FA Cup.

Won League Cup.

I guess I will go back to the old tactic :)

i tried too this tactic but isn't too impressive. 1-1 at Groningen and 1-2 home with RKC Walwish or something. in 12 friendlies i won very hard against amateur sides.

I will try for a few more games this tactic with my Ajax team but i'm not very pleased. I think the previous tactics were better. This need to be tested even more and tweaked.

Anyway nice effort to release a tactic for the community.

Report back with final results.

Guest Scofield

three of my strikers are gd at heading , and average on speed

is that not favorable to the tactic?

what should i do to make advantage of that?

im using 4123

No way we are complaining Dave.You and JP did a great job and all we do is trying the tactic that has been created and hopefully to have a dominating tactic like the older version.

Doesn't matter what Dave,you and JP are awesome! :)

All I know is I implemented this tactic with Hibernian last night and won 6 in a row....barely conceding...scoring 3 per match as an avg.....all my players are performing in low 7 form and a couple of those games guys have hit 9 for form.

I will keep using it tonight.

Using the new tactic now with Shrewsbury in League 1 - was struggling with the gcs version before - this has been belter - only about 1 loss in 12 and about 8/9 wins...moving me up the table towards safety at the mo. Doesn't tire the full backs or dm too much as the gcs did as well.

Well played!

Tested it one game with Brescia against Villareal (CL) for fun to see if it works.

After 45 minutes I shot one good played goal (Vela) and a lucky one (Caracciolo) with a header over the outcoming keeper.

Conceded one which was unlucky more or less.

For the next 45 minutes I try the Poacher-Tweak earlier this thread. Reporting in after.

Edit: Conceded the 2-2, got no real chances at all in the second half. The "tweak" didn't work really... mhh don't know yet but in the 1st half it looked quite good.

My actual squad:

Storari

-

Licht

Djourou

Rivas

Toprak

-

De la red

-

Tiago

Di Tacchio (Jenas)

-

Ekdal

-

Vela (Rennella)

Caracciolo (Cristaldo)

Testing this tactic with newly promoted Blackpool season 1 (using forbsies data update)

A QPR 1-2

A Pumas 2-5

A Juventude 5-0

H Fiorentina 1-2

A San Lorenzo 1-1

A Glenavon 8-1

------------------

H Wigan 0-1

A Arsenal 0-2[/b]

A Burton 5-0

H Fulham 2-3

A Newcastle 1-3

I have made some decent signings for Blackpool inc Nakamura, Pires, Fleck, Zaki, Amorim, Jutkiewicz etc

We do not really look as like scoring unless we are playing weak sides and our fans are calling for us to change tactics already.

I do think one of the strikers roles needs tweaking but I feel that this tactic is really not going to work for sides that find themselves playing much stronger opposition week in and week out. Do not get me wrong I am not knocking you guys as your other tactics are awsome but after purchasing players from the OP guidelines it just isnt working for me. We look very weak at the back and yet the stats are reasonable for my defence.

Perhaps their are some tweaks that you can suggest so that I can try to shore things up at the back and look to start scoring going forward. From what I have saw so far we are easily raped down the wings and it is our AMC who only looks like scoring.

Tweaked the right sided striker by increasing mentality, decreasing CF, and reducing TTB

A Chelsea 0-1

A Burnley 0-1

We just dont even look like scoring. Midfield is Keith Southern DM, Charlie Adams, Nakamura: Pires AMC. Strikers Fleck, Jutkiewicz (advanced forward)

I preface this by saying, You gents deserve a round of applause for all the time and effort. Well Done.

I started a clean save with Spurs, sadly I had to leave it after 30 matches.

7-W

13-D

10-L

and 9th place.

It seemed to me that a big issue was massive amounts of fatigue. Usually by 65 mins eight players were down in the high 50-60 range. Because of this I conceded a lot of late goals. Leading scorer was Bassong with 13, then Modric with 9.

Testing this tactic with newly promoted Blackpool season 1 (using forbsies data update)

A QPR 1-2

A Pumas 2-5

A Juventude 5-0

H Fiorentina 1-2

A San Lorenzo 1-1

A Glenavon 8-1

------------------

H Wigan 0-1

A Arsenal 0-2[/b]

A Burton 5-0

H Fulham 2-3

A Newcastle 1-3

I have made some decent signings for Blackpool inc Nakamura, Pires, Fleck, Zaki, Amorim, Jutkiewicz etc

We do not really look as like scoring unless we are playing weak sides and our fans are calling for us to change tactics already.

I do think one of the strikers roles needs tweaking but I feel that this tactic is really not going to work for sides that find themselves playing much stronger opposition week in and week out. Do not get me wrong I am not knocking you guys as your other tactics are awsome but after purchasing players from the OP guidelines it just isnt working for me. We look very weak at the back and yet the stats are reasonable for my defence.

Perhaps their are some tweaks that you can suggest so that I can try to shore things up at the back and look to start scoring going forward. From what I have saw so far we are easily raped down the wings and it is our AMC who only looks like scoring.

Tweaked the right sided striker by increasing mentality, decreasing CF, and reducing TTB

A Chelsea 0-1

A Burnley 0-1

We just dont even look like scoring. Midfield is Keith Southern DM, Charlie Adams, Nakamura: Pires AMC. Strikers Fleck, Jutkiewicz (advanced forward)

If you only have played 5 games with each team, you should consider playing many many more, since it takes time for the team to gel with a new tactic. Also, on your Blackpool save, if you signed a few new players, they will need time to gel too.

For the past few hours i've been trying to make this tactic better and it's so frustrating because no matter what settings i give the players they still play the same.

I'll keep trying though.

I'm sure that recently unemployed former France manager is nodding his head saying "I know EXACTLY what you mean Dave"

If you only have played 5 games with each team, you should consider playing many many more, since it takes time for the team to gel with a new tactic. Also, on your Blackpool save, if you signed a few new players, they will need time to gel too.

The first 5 matches were friendlies. This side has now had 12 matches together apart from me mixing around the strikers their has been few changes. I do understand about them needing to gel but we do not even look like threatening the oppositions goal which is something we should at least be looking like doing. We have a very creative midfield in Nakamura, Pires and Adams and with Fleck up front or replacing Pires in the AMC role we should definately be carving out chances.

The tactic is obviously very good as it Hough wouldn't be able to go on that amazing undefeated run so I'm just looking now at ways to get it working for an under strength side. Has anyone else tested this with a weak Prem side?

Oh well fair enough then, I though you meant like outside of the box cheat.

I find that the corners in 10.3 are aimed at the 6 yard box and mostly at a DC attacking the ball from just outside the 6 yard box and they get most of the headers on goal. Seeing that I upped the Heading skill requirement in the filter Mr Hough so nicely set up for us.

This is so frustrating guys but i think its as good as we can get it right now.

What ever me or JP give the strikers they still seem to push out wide constatly and thats where the problem lies.

I just played a game on my everton tester save and Yakubu got the ball just inside his own half and had Saha uphead, It was a 2-2 situation but instead of either passing or running at goal he takes the ball out wide and runs to the corner flag WTF!!!!!!

That was the final straw for me and it's sad because we where hoping to sort these problems out.

It looks like this FM is gonna be doiminated by 3 striker formations, I just hope SI sort these problems out for FM11

This is so frustrating guys but i think its as good as we can get it right now.

What ever me or JP give the strikers they still seem to push out wide constatly and thats where the problem lies.

I just played a game on my everton tester save and Yakubu got the ball just inside his own half and had Saha uphead, It was a 2-2 situation but instead of either passing or running at goal he takes the ball out wide and runs to the corner flag WTF!!!!!!

That was the final straw for me and it's sad because we where hoping to sort these problems out.

It looks like this FM is gonna be doiminated by 3 striker formations, I just hope SI sort these problems out for FM11

ive noticed that sometimes the player no matter what formation will have the ball lets say with one player to beat in the penalty box and instead of trying to beat the player or shoot the pleb will dribble it out of the box to the corner flag try and cross it ball rebounds and goes out of play its so annoying , i feel your pain mr hough and i have noticed this on countless tactics its so stupid

I'm having excellent results with the new 41212 tactic, so I'm happy with it. Its certainly more consistant than the previous 4123.

Steve

Ha, Well it is good it's not rubbish you may just have to relay on the AMC or try and really highly technical strikers with good off the ball skills

Ha, Well it is good it's not rubbish you may just have to relay on the AMC or try and really highly technical strikers with good off the ball skills

Dont give up Mr Hough, this tactic is alot better than the 4123 in my opinion. Here are my results so far:

dinamokievresults.jpg

Pretty damn good man, I hope you continue to tweak this, not that it can get much better!

Steve

Is easy to win in Ukraine especially in first season when you are Shaktar or Dinamo Kiev. Thats why i don't think is very relevant but if you have succes and enjoy the game then good for you :)

Any success is relevant in FM10! And its not that easy to win in Ukraine.

Steve

Mr Hough, tactics with 1 striker and 3 AMCs also work nicely on this edition of FM. But 2 strikers or a striker with 2 wingers always have problems... :/ Too bad, I tend to find it unrealistic to play only narrow.

3 AMC's and 1 ST is just as effective as 3 ST's? Id like to dabble with this as I have 3 exciting AMCs that I can no longer use as reverting back to the 4123. Do you know of any solid decent tactics using 3 AMCs?

MR Hough have u created any tactics with 3 AMCs?