Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

This is what i'm working on at the minute it can't be too hard to sort out

You might also have to face the possibility that it's not fixable at all. At least not by us, the players. It could be a problem that's rooted deeper and only SI can fix it. It could be set up this way on purpose in order to balance the game out and to keep the score lines from getting out of control. If that's the case, then it's unfortunate, because we can't do anything about it, but at the same time understandable from an overall game play balance point of view. Sometimes you have to sacrifice something in order to achieve it.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might also have to face the possibility that it's not fixable at all. At least not by us, the players. It could be a problem that's rooted deeper and only SI can fix it. It could be set up this way on purpose in order to balance the game out and to keep the score lines from getting out of control. If that's the case, then it's unfortunate, because we can't do anything about it, but at the same time understandable from an overall game play balance point of view. Sometimes you have to sacrifice something in order to achieve it.

I had thought about that, I have been working on it this morning and after some help i have seemed to come up with something, I'm not giving up yet.

Mr Hough actually i´m using the latest tactic( 4-1-2-1-2) with milan(1rst season) and the results are excellent. In Champions League I beat in home and away to madrid and Barcelona for 2-3 goals.

In the league this are the results:

P: 30

W:25

D:3

L:2

And this 2 losses are with lots of injuries.

Thanks for keep trying to get better this tactic.

Greetings from Argentina

Finished the first season with the 4-1-2-1-2, these are the results:

milan1ertemp.th.png

I feel the tactic is very solid, and if we can get a better and a more constant attack will be a huge tactic.

Thanks Mr Hough

This 4-1-2-1-2 tactic is proper nuts! Took a while for the team to get settled but once it happened, they just clicked into gear. I've not changed a thing except to turn "counter attack" on plus one notch lower on mentality for the DCs and the team is just steamrolling everyone; even the 2 MCs are scoring! Oftentimes, the STs, AMC, and MCs have ratings of 8 and above. Brilliant!

Thank you again to Mr. Hough and JP Woody!

what is the best tactic of all 4

Original Beta Version

Classic Version

GCS Version

Beta Version 2

I think their is now 6 tactics if you include the 4132 Hough & JP Woody and then the latest 41212 that people are experiencing indifferent results.

Side note.. Has anyone had success using the latest 41212 using a weak Prem side?

I seem to struggle a bit when you are a team 'out of your league' as such.

With these tactics I've managed to get Stevenge promoted to the Championship in successive seasons, and with limited resouces it gets challenging, especially when your top goalkeeper and main striker 'want to move to a bigger club' and the wage budget grows with only a 7000 seater stadium :(

I can't complain too much though they are still exceeding expectations at this stage with these tactics, played 14, won 5, drew 7 and lost 2. They have scored 29 and conceeded 26 :( They are currently sitting in 8 place (media predition 24th) and their last game was a 4-4 draw with Reading, who are sitting in 20th place.

With regards to tactics I did try the AMC one for a bit and then back to the DH/JP final version with CD tweaks.

Not sure if the CD tweaks were working for me ( I manage 4 teams at once ) so now gone back to that version without the tweaks, results seem to be a little up and down more in my 3rd season...makes it fun though and I'm finding that I seem to be paying more attention to what is happening on the field.

Yes, I know I've only played 14 games and I'm changing tactics.

Do you think the players will need to get use to a tactic again if they have been playing it most of the previous season?

Cheers,

Boony

PS England job became available so resigned from Brazil and got that one. :)

Guest Thanatos2K4

Quick question: Began using the "Unbeaten" tactic, initially found a lot of success but things went a bit wrong so I've switched to the most recent version. However, bit unclear as to the recommended OIs for this. Should I be doing anything at all? Taking my Assistant's advice? etc.

The new tactic sucks, seriously.

Villa and Ibrahimovic scored 60 - 40 goals last season, switched to this tactic and they ain't scoring sh*t wtf.

For the strikers I mean.

Why don't you try to keep your posts a bit more constructive instead? Mr. Hough (and JP Woody) spent an enormous amount of time and effort to create these tactics, show some appreciation.

Ok, I'm starting to despair a touch now.

I'm sure that you are not lying when you show me screen shots of Hull and Everton and various lower league clubs winning ten from ten and so on.

Now, here's what I am doing. Somebody for the love of god please point out what I am doing that is leading me VERY far from the examples shown.

I'm Cardiff City in the first season. Predicted 6th. Currently I am 13th with a record of 8-5-8

Not disastrous, but at Cardiff this is leading to things popping up before each of the last 5 games saying that this game could be my last!

The only things that I think I can be doing wrong are either:

I have brought in 5-6 new players and they have not gelled yet BUT Terry Burton my ass man tells me they have a good level of understanding.

Ok then,

I must admit that I have switched tactics a few times BUT only between the various forms of Mr Houghs and JP Woodys. I've tried the 10.3 Classic, the 4-1-2-1-2, the Hough and JP Woody one too.

All of them are terrible away from home. At home not bad, pretty good even - away, awful. I managed to get a 3-2 away win at Barnsley who were 23rd, but it was tight. Somehow I managed to hold on for dear life away at WBA who were 8th for a 0-0. Stats were 27 shots 12 on target to them, we had 1 shot and it was on target. I felt a bit embarrased coming away with a point to be honest. After that performance I switched to 10.3 classic. Half time we were 3-0 up away at 2nd placed M'bro. Aha! I thinks, here is the magic! Full time, 4-3 M'bro. Harrumph.

Here's what I do.

1. Pick team.

2. Ask ass man for OI.

3. Follow team talk guide recommended by Mr Hough.

4. Inevitably play crap, or average at best.

So, either my players are bad, my teamtalks are bad or and for me I'm hoping this can only be it - I just need to leave it what? a dozen games or more for tactic to 'kick in'?

All advice welcome!

Another question, why are there sooo many goals?

Sure we just scored 3 and 3 at home. But that was against Sheff Wed and Plymouth, both in the bottom third of the table. And in return Sheff Wed got 2 and Plymouth got 3. Yay!

Ok, one more thin I have thought of that could be to blame. My first team players are all 3 or 3.5 stars rated by my ass man BUT only one, Chopra, has the requiste stats for his position in those filters. Could this be the problem? I'm thinking not because I keep reading of people who say they've only bought one player and are dominating.

So...

I'm sure that you are not lying when you show me screen shots of Hull and Everton and various lower league clubs winning ten from ten and so on.

Now, here's what I am doing. Somebody for the love of god please point out what I am doing that is leading me VERY far from the examples shown.

I'm Cardiff City in the first season. Predicted 6th. Currently I am 13th with a record of 8-5-8

Not disastrous, but at Cardiff this is leading to things popping up before each of the last 5 games saying that this game could be my last!

I have brought in 5-6 new players and they have not gelled yet BUT Terry Burton my ass man tells me they have a good level of understanding.

Ok then,

I must admit that I have switched tactics a few times BUT only between the various forms of Mr Houghs and JP Woodys. I've tried the 10.3 Classic, the 4-1-2-1-2, the Hough and JP Woody one too.

All of them are terrible away from home. At home not bad, pretty good even - away, awful. I managed to get a 3-2 away win at Barnsley who were 23rd, but it was tight. Somehow I managed to hold on for dear life away at WBA who were 8th for a 0-0. Stats were 27 shots 12 on target to them, we had 1 shot and it was on target. I felt a bit embarrased coming away with a point to be honest. After that performance I switched to 10.3 classic. Half time we were 3-0 up away at 2nd placed M'bro. Aha! I thinks, here is the magic! Full time, 4-3 M'bro. Harrumph.

Here's what I do.

1. Pick team.

2. Ask ass man for OI. Do Not Do

So, either my players are bad, my teamtalks are bad or and for me I'm hoping this can only be it - I just need to leave it what? a dozen games or more for tactic to 'kick in'?

All advice welcome!

Ask ass man for OI. Do Not Do

how are you conceding goals?

Also Mr Dave Hough Uses Jon Andoni Goikaetxea Has is ass man he told me dont use what i told you and jusr ask the ass man 4 team talks. if you canny get him you need to be looking for these type of things

MAN MANAGEMENT

MOTIVATING

TAC KNOWLEDGE

If poss get

JUDGING Currant / Potential Abillty

Ok then,

Here's what I do.

1. Pick team.

2. Ask ass man for OI.

All advice welcome!

Your players may need even more time to get used to the tactic. Also, try not using any OI at all. For example Mr. Hough and JP Woody don't use them ever, neither do I.

In terms of team talks. If you are doing badly, then try to ease up on your players instead of demanding they win. Once you get on a good run of form, then you can start being more ambitious in your talks.

Another question, why are there sooo many goals?

Sure we just scored 3 and 3 at home. But that was against Sheff Wed and Plymouth, both in the bottom third of the table. And in return Sheff Wed got 2 and Plymouth got 3. Yay!

Ok, one more thin I have thought of that could be to blame. My first team players are all 3 or 3.5 stars rated by my ass man BUT only one, Chopra, has the requiste stats for his position in those filters. Could this be the problem? I'm thinking not because I keep reading of people who say they've only bought one player and are dominating.

So...

Yes, it's important to have players that fit the required attribute criteria to at least some degree, but it's also important to have a gelled squad that is used to the tactic. When you see other players doing well while buying only one player, it means they're not disturbing the squad harmony much at all, which makes is much more easier to get a good start to a season.

I'm personally playing with Cordoba in Spain. We started out in Liga Adelante, Spain's equivalent of the Championship, and I'm sure Cordoba is no better than Cardiff, in fact, probably somewhat worse. I also brought in more players than you did and the media predicted for us to finish 17th, however, we ended finishing 1st comfortably. At the beginning though, the matches were quite tight as we scrapped together some 1-0 and 2-1 wins. My squad wasn't gelled for at least half a season, so giving good team talks became more vital. Also playing the same eleven players as much as possible helps.

Don't expect to have convincing wins from the very start. It really varies from one team to the next. Depends on many factors that are in-game, and also depends on you as a manager. Many people expect this to be some type of super tactic, but it's not. You still have to do some work in order to make it work for you.

DirtyACE and cragswfc, thanks for the feedback.

DirtyACE which version of the tactic are you using with Cordoba?

I'll have a look at getting in a decent ass man and will let him do the teamtalks. Terry Burton invariably always starts with 'For the Fans!'

Will report back after ten more games with Classic 10.3

DirtyACE and cragswfc, thanks for the feedback.

DirtyACE which version of the tactic are you using with Cordoba?

I'll have a look at getting in a decent ass man and will let him do the teamtalks. Terry Burton invariably always starts with 'For the Fans!'

Will report back after ten more games with Classic 10.3

I used the Mr. Hough & JP Woody 4-1-2-3 to get promoted to La Liga.

While playing the game against Bayern which I reported, the JP/Hough 4-1-2-3 can really kicked out over the wings.

Especially this is fact when the opponent uses worldclass (REALLY worldclass) wingers like Robben and Ribery. They kicked the sh** out of me.^^

Edit: What's the best teamtalk-guide? Read one from Bubbabaytuna. Are there others?

Since switching to Classic 10.3 - No OI, letting ass man do team talks. Ass Man Terry Burton stats - MM-17 Mot-11 Tac-13 PA-13 PP-16

Team Opp Pos H-A F-A

Middlesborough (2nd) A 3-4

Sheff Wed (23rd) H 3-2

Plymouth (17th) H 3-3

Peterborough (16th) A 1-2

Leyton O (6th in L1) A 3-2 FA Cup

Blackpool (18th) H 2-0

Scunthorpe (20th) A 6-2!

Norwich (12th in L1) A 3-2 FA Cup

Bristol C (6th) A 2-2 (They came back from 2-0 down with 10 men!)

Doncaster (7th) H 2-1

Newcastle (5th) A 3-0

Ok, Ok, I have to admit this seems to be working, looking back it is an overall record of - P10 W7 D2 L1 and suddenly everyone seems to be playing well and feels a lot more solid.

Maybe it was just as simple as not panicking and giving the formation some time.

As of now having languished initially in the bottom half I am now on the edge of the play-offs and playing well. Will let you know how it ends up.

Hey there again, I'm starting again and sticking with the one tactic this time. You say you used Mr Hough and JP Woody Final version above. Is that the 4123 or the 41212? And if it is the former is that in classic tactic mode?

Sorry to bother you once more!

Oh, and this may sound stupid, but what is the OP and where can I find it?!

Hey there again, I'm starting again and sticking with the one tactic this time. You say you used Mr Hough and JP Woody Final version above. Is that the 4123 or the 41212? And if it is the former is that in classic tactic mode?

Sorry to bother you once more!

Oh, and this may sound stupid, but what is the OP and where can I find it?!

What i noticed straight away with the team is that the defence is very slow, Most central defenders have pace and acceleration below 10, That's not good.

I signed a few defenders and also tried to get a player that i know works great in the Championship, That's Fernandez on a free awesome player for that division.

I also made use of the loan signings too because in the lower divisions these are a massive advantage for getting young premier stars, Most notably Federico Macheda from Man Utd, Sign him on loan and he'll probably bag 25-30 goals a season easy.

Again, incredible. After resigning to stay in Genoa, I was looking for work in lower division team but incredibly not accept me. In the end, I returned to Holland with Twente was the last and the 8 games and we have placed in the top of the table. becoming more important stages such as Ajax and Groningen. I'll settle for being among the top 5.

tabla11.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tabla111.png

resultadosj.png

hey mr hough & jp woody just like to say thanks having great success with the 4-1-2-1-2 tactic got promoted from brazillian serie b with se ypiranga

but i do have a question- is it just me or does the centre backs score a hell of alot more goals than they should compared to the strikers or are my strikers just not upto standard here are my stats

bebeto-cb-31games & 26goals

ismael fuentes-cb-37games & 24goals

now

santiago trellez-st-29games & 11goals

rafael magahales-st-34games & 24goals