Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Definetly you need games to get use your players with the new tactic.

Right now i started at Ajax and create 12 friendlies to gel my players with my tactic and to start the season very well.

From my first friendly looks good. I see moves that in other user tactics i haven't seen. And what is the good think is that they are succesfull moves.

Keep it up at this standard in FM 2011 too :)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definetly you need games to get use your players with the new tactic.

Right now i started at Ajax and create 12 friendlies to gel my players with my tactic and to start the season very well.

From my first friendly looks good. I see moves that in other user tactics i haven't seen. And what is the good think is that they are succesfull moves.

Keep it up at this standard in FM 2011 too :)

Why have gone form Andrjam48's tactic to Mr Houghs? just curious......

Why have gone form Andrjam48's tactic to Mr Houghs? just curious......

Because i want to test in other game this tactic too to see if is so impressive as other users said.

I like to have multiple saves, when i get bored for one i switch to the other and so one.

Other reason is that i want to test this tactic too because with the previous 4-1-2-3 versions i didn't have succes i don't know why.

Stay calm 4-5-1 is solid like i write to you. Don't have anything in common with this test. This is only a test and a new save if works well

Two draws at home against opponents I should have beaten. I'll give it some more games, but there seems to be a problem with the shortpassing (weird as the tactic is almost identical to your old one, which didn't have this problem). From watching full games I often see my players pass the ball around without getting anywhere close to goal... that is the FBs, DCs, the DMC and sometimes the MCs pass it around at the back, and rarely seem to be able to find an opening. My guess is the strictness of the shortpassing makes it hard for them to do the more direct passes to the strikers. It could also be opponents with very tight marking that does it, but since I have played only 2 matches, I'll keep at it and see how it evolves.

Decided to find a half decent AMC to try and sort my bunch of misfits out. Managed to persuade a Brazilian fella with a Spanish passport (looks fairly genuine but I won't ask too many questions) to sign on a free transfer for £45 a week. Scored a hat trick on his debut and we won 5-2. Normal service is resumed. :-)

BTW Dave, loving the June Promo Mix. And the tactic lol.

Mr Hough,

So happy you have realised a tactic which is more 'real' if you know what i mean. The 4-1-2-3 was a bit to fantasy type stuff IMO and i have never been a fan of weird shapes.

Two problems i have with this tactic though that im sure you can help me out on.

The DM - Deep lying playmaker. What type of player would you want here? My preference DM is a Makelele type destroyer and i get the feeling from the advanced settings on it this is still doable but why call it the deep lying playmaker?

The 2 strikers are both the same, and deep lying, again i dont quite understand this and what players would fit in well with it.

Answers on those 2 questions ASAP would be very greatly recieved, thanks for your time and your overwhelming efforts i must say pal.

All the roles seemed to have changed so surely the filters from the previous tactics will not be valid. For example instead of anchorman its a deep lying playmaker.

Makes no difference what the roles are as the tactic has custom settings on almost all sliders. You could change that deep lying playmaker back to anchorman (if you want), it would make no difference at all. Plus, Mr. Hough already said to continue to use the player filters in the OP.

Two draws at home against opponents I should have beaten. I'll give it some more games, but there seems to be a problem with the shortpassing (weird as the tactic is almost identical to your old one, which didn't have this problem). From watching full games I often see my players pass the ball around without getting anywhere close to goal... that is the FBs, DCs, the DMC and sometimes the MCs pass it around at the back, and rarely seem to be able to find an opening. My guess is the strictness of the shortpassing makes it hard for them to do the more direct passes to the strikers. It could also be opponents with very tight marking that does it, but since I have played only 2 matches, I'll keep at it and see how it evolves.

My guess would be that this is simply a way of showing that your players are still getting used to the tactic. Once they're used to it, the passing will be more incisive. However, you could also try setting your MCs to make through balls more often, especially if they have good passing, decisions, and anticipation stats. That's what I did for one of my MCs.

Just for kicks, threw my spurs side into it mid season. As expected got slaughtered in the first 7 matches. All losses, out scored 16-1. Then they started clicking and playing well. I cannot get the strikers firing, but I'm sure they will. The build up is very nice and you see alot of probing and the quick swift attacks. Well done.

Six more matches and we haven't scored in any of them. I'm still putting it down to gelling.

Hehe, was using Complete Dominance 10.2 before this, just to already have a 4-1-2-1-2 tactic, switched to this tactic, and won 3-2 against Manchester City away first game of this tactic in League Cup 4th round. I am playing as AFC Telford, and the year is 2020, but I can tell you Manchester City is the best club in the world at that point - last year they won the Premier League, League Cup and Euro Cup. Amazing!

Thank you for all your dedication and effort put into this. :)

Strikers seem to be working really well together, Currently have Beckford and Wellbeck (Free loan) up front and they are scoring goals for fun!! Wellbeck especially has been an inspiration for leeds.

Midfielder Right seems to get forward alot more than Midfielder left is anyone else finding this, or is it just down to players. The reason I ask is because I brought in a Hardworking Midfielder Robinson and Metic (another free loan) from Chelsea for some creativity and flair, but Robinson seems to get forward alot more than Metic and Id of thought it would be the other way round if it was down to player.

Anyway, so far so good, Played 7 Won 5 Drew 1 lost 1. Chances are just about in the double figures in every game, not like the 20 odd we would get with the other tactics, but the quality of the chances seems a lot higher, just patiently building up. I guess this makes sense with the Team settings at Control.

I was 3-1 down to QPR with 15 minutes to go and was down to 10men, so thought what the hell lets go for it, I changed it to overload and pulled back to 3-3 so thats an option worth considering.

Finally the full backs get forward quite a bit I've found leaving them open to a quick counter from pacey wingers. Matt Fryatt from Walsall had 3 chances scoring 1 with the quick counter, I found dropping the mentality of the full back covering by 1 really helped, so if you are going against opposition with pace on the wing maybe worth considering.

Overall well impressed with the tactic its got me from 14th to 4th, with a squad still trying to gel

Mr Hough,

So happy you have realised a tactic which is more 'real' if you know what i mean. The 4-1-2-3 was a bit to fantasy type stuff IMO and i have never been a fan of weird shapes.

Two problems i have with this tactic though that im sure you can help me out on.

The DM - Deep lying playmaker. What type of player would you want here? My preference DM is a Makelele type destroyer and i get the feeling from the advanced settings on it this is still doable but why call it the deep lying playmaker?

The 2 strikers are both the same, and deep lying, again i dont quite understand this and what players would fit in well with it.

Answers on those 2 questions ASAP would be very greatly recieved, thanks for your time and your overwhelming efforts i must say pal.

It's still the same type of player he hasn't changed much, Just the role thats it i think, I'd still use the midfield destroyer type I have used Fellini in that position and he has been fantastic. in 47 games he has scored 3 assisted 9 MOM 4 times and has an average of 7.27. Thats good for that position as i just want him to anchor the defence and midfield.

Regarding the strikers I'd use quick technical strikers like Saviola Tardelli players like that.

Just for kicks, threw my spurs side into it mid season. As expected got slaughtered in the first 7 matches. All losses, out scored 16-1. Then they started clicking and playing well. I cannot get the strikers firing, but I'm sure they will. The build up is very nice and you see alot of probing and the quick swift attacks. Well done.

Six more matches and we haven't scored in any of them. I'm still putting it down to gelling.

I think i'm gonna have a look at the strikers scoring as i feel they should be scoring more.

I think i'm gonna have a look at the strikers scoring as i feel they should be scoring more.

OPTION 1: Put both strikers on forward runs often.

OPTION 2: Put the mentality of one striker as far to the right as possible so he is fully attacking, also turn his through balls down to rare so he is basically there just to score goals (a poacher) you can also knock his creative freedom down, you just want him to score, no fancy stuff.

Glad to see some tweaking options already.

I'm hoping to get a 41212 and a 451 on the go. Should mean I'm covered for tactics either with squads with or without wingers.

Although, it doesn't seem to be having the instant impact that the 4123 tactics did.

great tactic .. iv just emailed it to Fabio Capello he phoned me back we had a long chat and here is wot he sed

mmmmmmm good mmmmmmmm ok mmmmmmmmm possible mmmmmmm thank you ..bye

LMAO, I hope you give me and JP credit for it though

OPTION 1: Put both strikers on forward runs often.

OPTION 2: Put the mentality of one striker as far to the right as possible so he is fully attacking, also turn his through balls down to rare so he is basically there just to score goals (a poacher) you can also knock his creative freedom down, you just want him to score, no fancy stuff.

I'm trying the Run from deep already JP, i find that my players have more long shots though proberly because they are so far away from the goal when they receieve the ball.

Mr. Hough and JP, I'd like to know:

1. Do you have one of the strikers set as target man, or just leave it blank with the "supply to feet" checked?

2. Are any of the midfielder's set as primary playmaker? And so, which would be most preferable?

Thanks a lot.

Midfielder Right seems to get forward alot more than Midfielder left is anyone else finding this, or is it just down to players. The reason I ask is because I brought in a Hardworking Midfielder Robinson and Metic (another free loan) from Chelsea for some creativity and flair, but Robinson seems to get forward alot more than Metic and Id of thought it would be the other way round if it was down to player.

Is this midfielder's name Anton Robinson by any chance? If so, then the reason he gets forward more often is because he has a PPM that makes him do that. I also have a midfielder on my team who goes forward much more often than the other one, and he has the 'gets forward whenever possible' PPM.

Mr. Hough and JP, I'd like to know:

1. Do you have one of the strikers set as target man, or just leave it blank with the "supply to feet" checked?

2. Are any of the midfielder's set as primary playmaker? And so, which would be most preferable?

Thanks a lot.

there Just left as selected but no one in the boxes.

Tweaking the striker options could be the way to fix it or maybe we just need to work out exactly which player attribute are required.

Possibly yes, I think me and JP have made a fantastic base for a tactic and now it's we have released i can have a look at minor things without changing it too much

Why did you decide to do it with the wizard?

I'm only asking as I'm sure you said earlier that you preferred the classic.

Would it make any difference if I switched it to classic?

I think the Classic style gives you more options but the Wizard is defo more user friendly.

Actually his name was Scott Robertson from Dundee United, am at work sorry about the confusion :)

But yeah he gets forward alot I'll check his PPM like you say

I prefer the wizard style to the classic ones as it allows easier adjustment on the fly. When 2-1 up with 10mins to go its alot easier to just pick defend take less chances.

Actually his name was Scott Robertson from Dundee United, am at work sorry about the confusion :)

But yeah he gets forward alot I'll check his PPM like you say

I prefer the wizard style to the classic ones as it allows easier adjustment on the fly. When 2-1 up with 10mins to go its alot easier to just pick defend take less chances.

I just checked him, he does indeed have the PPM I mentioned.

Btw, when you say that you pick defend when up by a goal with 10 minutes to go, you're actually not doing anything. Nothing changes, at least not in Mr. Hough's tactics, because all the mentality settings are customized. Using the shouts to change your team's strategy does not work in this case at all.

should we tweak the ST position ?

No you dont need to do anything. We are just running through idea's at the moment. When we come up with a sure way that we know works long term we will post it. Strikers do still score pretty reguar. In my tests the 2 main strikers usually average around a goal every 1.5 games between them.

I'm running right now a new season with Arsenal and there is no domination in any aspect of the game.

Looks like the AI reads the tactic,score goals on fluke and somehow draw the game with me or I may even lose.

I think there should be some tweaking on the midfield since we don't feel them.The AMC is doing a great job and sometimes even the ST.

I'm running right now a new season with Arsenal and there is no domination in any aspect of the game.

Looks like the AI reads the tactic,score goals on fluke and somehow draw the game with me or I may even lose.

I think there should be some tweaking on the midfield since we don't feel them.The AMC is doing a great job and sometimes even the ST.

If thats the case could you explain to me how Dave went 45 games unbeaten with Everton in testing?

I have to agree with this. Played a full season with Walsall with this now and finished 17th from a media prediction of 14th. At times it showed potential but other times it just flattered to decieve and i too noticed alot of the patterns that Ernest166 experienced.

I have to agree with this. Played a full season with Walsall with this now and finished 17th from a media prediction of 14th. At times it showed potential but other times it just flattered to decieve and i too noticed alot of the patterns that Ernest166 experienced.

thats pretty strange, I'm now 52 games unbeaten The tactic works wonders for me i can't understand why you are going wrong.

You proberly won't dominate the opposition as much as the other tactics because this is alot more balanced in defence midfield and attack, In my test with everton i was very lucky to win some games and won maybe 1-0 or 2-0 but i won and thats what matters

Oooo I am so pleased :), 11 games unbeaten so far :p, 10 wins and 1 draw.
You proberly won't dominate the opposition as much as the other tactics because this is alot more balanced in defence midfield and attack, In my test with everton i was very lucky to win some games and won maybe 1-0 or 2-0 but i won and thats what matters

We need to know more I think. The above quotes are totally contrasting.

Winning with AEK is impressive in Europe. How many players did you sign?

It would seem like a good place to start to create a 41212.

@ MilanoBaros

41212 is usually DM-CM-CM-AM. So no wingers. But maybe Mr. Hough has a surprise in store!

If thats the case could you explain to me how Dave went 45 games unbeaten with Everton in testing?

I think its safe to play at least one season before posting for a tactic if it is reliable or not for instance i put the tactic to my juventus save but i was already playing mine 4-1-2-1-2 with great success and the outcome was prerry much satisfactory won 6 draw one but have some difficulty to create a lot of clear cut chances but i think that once the team use to the new instructions and gel the chances will come but my advice to all users is to at least finish one season before critisising the tactic...

ps: Woody and Mr Hough my compliments for your efforts and the time you have spent so as to make the game easier for us

ps2: We may have played 8-1-1 vs Argentina but at least we won one game in this world cup not like France or maybe England today and just beeing curious you know a lot of defenders that can man mark Messi because Papastathopoulos man marking to Messi was brilliand taking into consideration that MESSI is the best player in the World at the moment

ps3: Our National team Coach Otto Rehagel today resign and we wish him the best as for nine years now he was coaching a National team with minimum talent and manage to won the Euro in 2004 , go the finals of Euro 2008 and now in the World Cup of 2010 manage to win the first game for our National team. Maybe to replace Capelo with Otto so as England to achieve winning a big competition; so much talent is really sad to be wasted

No you dont need to do anything. We are just running through idea's at the moment. When we come up with a sure way that we know works long term we will post it. Strikers do still score pretty reguar. In my tests the 2 main strikers usually average around a goal every 1.5 games between them.

Thought I'd try a few things myself to see if I could persuade one of the strikers to be more of a Gary Lineker (for those of you younger than myself - yes, he actually played a bit before selling crisps and trying to cheer Hansen up) style 'poacher' as discussed in the earlier thread.

Here is the original instructions :

originaljl.jpg

And here are my tweaks :

poacher.jpg

As you can see I've increased mentality towards attacking, reigned in the creativity a little, and I've also decreased through balls to sometimes. The reason i've changed the through balls setting is (a) this player is now more advanced in attack and therefore not often in a position to play through balls and (b) I want him to concentrate on putting the ball in the back of the net.

Early days and they are very minor alterations, but so far it's working quite nicely. I watch the matches in real time so I can tell exactly what differences any changes make. My poacher is scoring much more frequently, and is really concentrating on getting in front of goal and shooting.

I may also lower the "run from deep" and see how that affects him. I may also adjust the AMC now to try and take into account the new poacher.

Just my two penneth to the debate, I know that I haven't done much and it may not help anyone, but I really want and try to help Mr H & JP by actually trying things as opposed to the leeching of his tactics that I'm guilty of until now!!

Rekoil

thats pretty strange, I'm now 52 games unbeaten The tactic works wonders for me i can't understand why you are going wrong.

The worst thing is i genuinely believe if the corner cheat wasnt in this tactic i may have gone down. I struggle to get past two hands when counting how many times i scored good, well worked goals from open play.