Mr Hough 10.3 Tactics

Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.  

1,063 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tactic Do You Think Is The Best Version.

Mr Hough, tactics with 1 striker and 3 AMCs also work nicely on this edition of FM. But 2 strikers or a striker with 2 wingers always have problems... :/ Too bad, I tend to find it unrealistic to play only narrow.

1 ST with 2 wingers can work in this FM. Take a look at the thread 451solid from the back and test 1st and last versions and maybe you will have other opinion after that.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could not be in the World with Greece. After our good ranking in the World Cup were not successful in front of goal and were eliminated on the first phase. We did not know or win to South Africa and we lost to Portugal (1-4) and Uruguay (5-4). The strange thing is that I have done so not to move to second round which was the objective I was offered the job but Brazil, Argentina and Italy and accepted by Brazil.

I use the tactict 4-1-2-3

Could not be in the World with Greece. After our good ranking in the World Cup were not successful in front of goal and were eliminated on the first phase. We did not know or win to South Africa and we lost to Portugal (1-4) and Uruguay (5-4). The strange thing is that I have done so not to move to second round which was the objective I was offered the job but Brazil, Argentina and Italy and accepted by Brazil.

I use the tactict 4-1-2-3

Which version of the 4-1-2-3 tactic are you using?

Looking for some clarification regarding player roles in these tactics.

I have been using ProZones excel tool for evaluating the best roles for players, but earlier in this thread I read "Makes no difference what the roles are as the tactic has custom settings on almost all sliders." ( DirtyAce)

So does this mean that the excel tool is not helpful in finding the right players?

Looking for some clarification regarding player roles in these tactics.

I have been using ProZones excel tool for evaluating the best roles for players, but earlier in this thread I read "Makes no difference what the roles are as the tactic has custom settings on almost all sliders." ( DirtyAce)

So does this mean that the excel tool is not helpful in finding the right players?

Yes thats correct because we have manualy selected all the player attributtes so you can have the DM as an advanced playmaker or an Anchor Man it wouldn't change anything because we have set his Attributtes.

The only way that works is if the the wizard is selected and no manual input is involved.

sorry for bothering all of you again but just wondering if anyone have tried mine version of 4-1-2-1-2. I will be very greatfull of any feedback or comments so as to see if it is working proper and to the rest of you.....

Mate, you should start your own thread on your version of 4-1-2-1-2, you can get more attention to your tactics that way.

Don't forget to post a screenshot of your result, people are suckers for screenshots.

Mate, you should start your own thread on your version of 4-1-2-1-2, you can get more attention to your tactics that way.

Don't forget to post a screenshot of your result, people are suckers for screenshots.

I did not create my own thread simply because the tactic is based on Mr Houghs and JP woody tactics and I have already post screenshots with my results see below:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5546522&postcount=3289

I am a big fan of the 4231 deep with two inside forwards at AML/AMR, one creative AMC and a lone striker. Been trying to tweak the 4123 to work as a 4231 deep but no luck yet, let me know if anyone else have any luck with this as it is by far my favorite formation (aswell as most World-cup coaches it seems:).

Looks like this without defensive line:

DM DM

AML AMC AMR

FC

I've to say I only played one game for fun (reported above) with the new tactic and the team didn't get really used to it in this short time, but after that I switched back to the JP/Hough Version of the old tactic and won 4-1 (did load the game against Villareal again).

I also tried the goalstorm from "vu duc tu" and I lost with it 2-3 against Villareal.

May I will try to make an own tactic out of it (have no experience yet) for fun.

Just a further note on the original classic tactic that I told a fellow FMer to download. He is using it in conjunction with SB Level 10 edit. He is top of the Northern League Div 1 (level 10) with North Shields having played 15 won 14 and lost 1 so proof the original classic works that far down.

He sends his thanks Mr Hough!!!!

Ummm...hi, have finally managed to start playing FM2010 (don't ask) and after much rubbing of hands and glee got under way and was recommended this tactic - the original Classic 10.3 by a friend. I have read all the glowing reports and debates about it being a Diablo and so forth.

Well, so far, so...errr dunno how to post screen shots...hang on...

Never mind, anyway so far P:6 W:1 D:1 L:4 For:8 Against:14

I am watching the highlights in 3D and I either just play like England against Algeria or I have a load of chances, encounter a super keeper and then concede long range belters or comedy goals.

My team is:-

GK: David Marshall

RB: Daniel Opare

LB: Mark Kennedy

CB: Anthony Gerrard

CB: Mark Hudson (always wins header from corner - NEVER scored yet)

DM: Richard Hughes

CM: Jonathan Dos Santos

CM: Joe Ledley

ST: Michael Chopra

ST: Jay Bothroyd

ST: Ross McCormack

Seems like a reasonable team to me. What am I doing so wrong?

Well, make that 1 2 4. Away point at third place Reading BUT again my lead was wiped out. Simply cannot defend.

Thanks for trying the tactic, Try the Unbeaten one thats in the OP or the Me and JP woody wizard tactic, They should give you better results.

Ummm...hi, have finally managed to start playing FM2010 (don't ask) and after much rubbing of hands and glee got under way and was recommended this tactic - the original Classic 10.3 by a friend. I have read all the glowing reports and debates about it being a Diablo and so forth.

I am watching the highlights in 3D and I either just play like England against Algeria or I have a load of chances, encounter a super keeper and then concede long range belters or comedy goals.

just give it time you come unstoppable. wen u have no mid week game play v weak opp t build high moral

Yes thats correct because we have manualy selected all the player attributtes so you can have the DM as an advanced playmaker or an Anchor Man it wouldn't change anything because we have set his Attributtes.

The only way that works is if the the wizard is selected and no manual input is involved.

Thanks for the response - so the only/best way to get the 'right' players for the role is to use your player filters provided?

u used this tactic with my frst season with AVFC, finishes 3rd, won the FA Cup and beat Juventus 1-0 In the Europa League Final. My Question is, how do i stop other teams dominating me in teh air in my box, i mean ive got Richard dunne, and davies as my centre backs all with solid heading attributes. Do i need to tweak anything?

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for the response - so the only/best way to get the 'right' players for the role is to use your player filters provided?

It's a good way to get the players but you don't have to use it, It's mainly just commen sense

Tactic 4-1-2-1-2 best than 4-1-2-3?

For me is best Mr Hough and JPWoody4-1-2-3. I have fantastic success with this tactic.

I used this striker tip (fasr/creativ/fast) this is very important!

here is few screenshot from my career 1st season with Valencia

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8161/valek.jpg

my another career

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4397/12530533.jpg

and my favorite Wimbledon career

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/351/38175864.jpg

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/2263/43786905.jpg

+ win worl cup in South Africa with Czech republic this is fantastic :)

thank you Mr Hough and JPWoody for fantastic tactic and your hard work!!

Didn't try 4-1-2-1-2 version yet but reading the thread i can see that most of complains go to strikers performance. Well, in my 10 league games test with Bayern [using 4-2-4 based on MR HOUGH _ JP WOODY (Middlesbrough, Feb 2012)] both advanced striker plays pretty good. Gomez scored 14 on 9 matches while Klose scored 8 on 7 matches. Their setup is not manual, have to mention that. So Mr Hough, maybee you should focus on attacking midfielder roles and duties fixing the problem?

p.s. looking WC and how the most team plays, gone back to your "never let down" 4-1-2-3 tactic. :cool:

First, you need to give your team more time to get used to the tactic. Second, you need to have the right players in order to get the full benefit of it, so I'd recommend using the player filters Mr. Hough provided in the OP.

For me is best Mr Hough and JPWoody4-1-2-3. I have fantastic success with this tactic.

I used this striker tip (fasr/creativ/fast) this is very important!

here is few screenshot from my career 1st season with Valencia

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/8161/valek.jpg

my another career

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4397/12530533.jpg

and my favorite Wimbledon career

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/351/38175864.jpg

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/2263/43786905.jpg

+ win worl cup in South Africa with Czech republic this is fantastic :)

thank you Mr Hough and JPWoody for fantastic tactic and your hard work!!

Impressive achievements with Wimbledon. Did you play the entire career for the Mr. Hough & JP Woody tactic?

u used this tactic with my frst season with AVFC, finishes 3rd, won the FA Cup and beat Juventus 1-0 In the Europa League Final. My Question is, how do i stop other teams dominating me in teh air in my box, i mean ive got Richard dunne, and davies as my centre backs all with solid heading attributes. Do i need to tweak anything?

Thanks,

Dan

Being dominant in the air doesn't just depend on having a good heading attribute. And especially not when you're playing at a level of EPL where you can encounter such strikers as Drogba for example. The mental stats are just as important in order to be dominant. Good anticipation, positioning, concentration, bravery, decision making, and also jumping are important as well.

This is so frustrating guys but i think its as good as we can get it right now.

What ever me or JP give the strikers they still seem to push out wide constatly and thats where the problem lies.

I just played a game on my everton tester save and Yakubu got the ball just inside his own half and had Saha uphead, It was a 2-2 situation but instead of either passing or running at goal he takes the ball out wide and runs to the corner flag WTF!!!!!!

That was the final straw for me and it's sad because we where hoping to sort these problems out.

It looks like this FM is gonna be doiminated by 3 striker formations, I just hope SI sort these problems out for FM11

bit random but would this have anything to do with "time wasting"??

bit random but would this have anything to do with "time wasting"??

I doubt it's time wasting, because what it does is not actually related to Mr. Hough's scenario. Time wasting is more than just wasting time, it also controls the ambitiousness of your team's intentions to initiate attacking actions, like through passes and long shots. With time wasting being set to low levels, your team will try more often try to initiate attacks, whether they think they have a good chance of succeeding or not. If you set the time wasting to higher levels, then your team will be more intelligent and patient in initiating through balls and such, which will lead to fewer attacks, but the ones that will happen will be of higher quality, with less careless passes that may result in interceptions and subsequent counter attacks by the opposition.

Mr. Hough's scenario is set after the said attacking actions have occurred and one of this players (a striker) is presented with a scoring opportunity.

It's like this all the time, In a way though i can see why they do it because you wouls pull out wide to try and give yourself more space and freedom, I will crack this, just need to figure out the settings.

It's like this all the time, In a way though i can see why they do it because you wouls pull out wide to try and give yourself more space and freedom, I will crack this, just need to figure out the settings.

It could be a mentality issue. Perhaps Yakubu is expecting the AMC to make a run through the middle so he is making space for him, but it's still weird as he should be taking a shot if he has a good chance to do so. In my own game I observed the same issue several times. I have Paloschi playing as the right ST, at times he has a chance to shoot from a pretty close distance while running onto the right post, but instead he takes the ball and dribble wide with it, then tries to find a pass or a cross. Would of been much more simpler to just shoot, which most likely would have resulted in a goal.

It could be a mentality issue. Perhaps Yakubu is expecting the AMC to make a run through the middle so he is making space for him, but it's still weird as he should be taking a shot if he has a good chance to do so. In my own game I observed the same issue several times. I have Paloschi playing as the right ST, at times he has a chance to shoot from a pretty close distance while running onto the right post, but instead he takes the ball and dribble wide with it, then tries to find a pass or a cross. Would of been much more simpler to just shoot, which most likely would have resulted in a goal.

This is what i'm working on at the minute it can't be too hard to sort out