Patch 10.1.1 - Official Feedback Thread (can we keep it in here please, thanks!)

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
when i save the latest patch to desktop and try open it with bittorrent i keep getting

unable to load"fm10_v10.1.1_pc_patch[1[" not enough storage space is available to process this command.

i have deleted items in my bittorrent and even reinstalled it but still repeatedly says it.

any ideas guys ?????????

Do you have enough free hard disk space (particularly on the one running Windows if you have more than one)

I installed the initial 10.1 patch and it seemend to cause the game to slow right down. I'm sure I don't have the best laptop in the world, but it was working really well before the patch and now it just seems to be lagging.

So i'm just wondering if it's worth me installing this or whether I should just plug away with the original version.

It took me a while to uninstall/re-install so if anyone could let me know if they have had any similar issues that would be really helpful :o

Kudos and thanks for listening to the boards and changing your schedule to release a intermediate bug fix for major issues. I haven't tried it yet but I hope it will solve the crash problem on my machine.

1 question tho because I forget from last year, when the 2nd patch comes out, will the match engine fix compatible with an already running game or will I have to start my save again? I'm not too interested in the updated transfer database but I would like to start a long career game this week - I don't want to have to restart once the proper 10.2 patch is out.

If I would have to start again then I'd rather wait until the new patch gets here.

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry one more q. I went back to the unpatched version so can I intstall this 10.1.1 patch without having the 10.1.0 patch installed?

Kudos and thanks for listening to the boards and changing your schedule to release a intermediate bug fix for major issues. I haven't tried it yet but I hope it will solve the crash problem on my machine.

1 question tho because I forget from last year, when the 2nd patch comes out, will the match engine fix compatible with an already running game or will I have to start my save again? I'm not too interested in the updated transfer database but I would like to start a long career game this week - I don't want to have to restart once the proper 10.2 patch is out.

If I would have to start again then I'd rather wait until the new patch gets here.

Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry one more q. I went back to the unpatched version so can I intstall this 10.1.1 patch without having the 10.1.0 patch installed?

You will not have to start a new game with the 10.2 patch.

Please release a 64 bit version of the game, it would run so much better.

It would only run better for the 10% of people who have 64-bit machines and are running 64-bit operating systems. Miles has said we are probably looking 3 or 4 years before 64-bit adoption is high enough to justify moving to it.

Sorry you feel like that - I was just trying to help you get the game running properly for you so that you could enjoy it as much as the hundreds of thousands of people who are happily playing without any issues.

I hope you find a game to play in the future that you enjoy and works fine on your machine.

Just out of curiosity when did you contact each and every one of your customers to gauge whether they were playing without issues ? I don't remember being contacted.

Or are you just under the assumption that because the number of games sold hugely out weighs the number of people reporting issues that they are then the minority, rather than looking at the actual facts of people tending not to ring technical support lines because the charges are extortionate or taking into account that they might not even know a forum exists, never mind log on and report bugs ?

I consider myself fairly internet savvy, yet played FM06 (my very first FM) for a long time before being prompted by a collegue to join this forum and download any patches because it was common for FM's to buggy until the 2nd or 3rd patch.

I would suggest that this probably represents the largest sector of your user base, and making claims like the above just makes you appear ill-informed and naive.

-Mic

I have only experienced a crash on a single occasion, so for me it hasn't really been an issue. I do however, appreciate your efforts for releasing a small patch to resolve the issues many people are experiencing. It clearly shows you listen and care about the community you have, which unfortunately cannot be said across the entire gaming industry.

Now, to even out the sensitive aura before an awkward group hug commences, I'm going to do some weights and swear randomly at strangers.

:D

There's a bug with press-conferences. I dunno if it was before the patch, but here it is.

The player is on loan in my team. I'm buying him completely now on agreed price. Now it's written in his profile "Joining %myteamname% on 1.8.2009". He is already on my team, but that's not the bug I'm talking about.

Now, he's scored a hat-trick, and a journalist asks me at a press-conference "This player is leaving your team soon, how you feel about that bla-bla-bla". I was astonished at first, thinking that somehow he's joining some other team. But then I checked and everything was alright. So I answered the "neutral" way, "I'd rather not talk about that". And then Mr. Player suddenly gets really sad and unhappy because of that comment. HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE, what was I supposed to say?

This isn't 10.1.1 related but i didn't want to make a new thread for a very quick question. I have installed patch 10.1.0, since it came out in fact, but noticed just yesterday that when i start a new game it says i am on version 10.0.0 (as below). Should this be the case?

1000a.png

• Administrators
my digitally downloaded game from D2D won't advance past the 25th of july, sorry for repeating the question, but i was wondering if this minor problem has been resolved, thanks

Yes this issue is fixed in the patch along with general speed issues for digitally downloaded games. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

• Administrators
It's been mentioned on this thread that using saved game editors may contribute to memory crashes.

Does this include real-time editors?

Should we avoid all 3rd-party editors or just some of them?

I would avoid all 3rd party editors is you want to be 100% certain your game won't suffer from issues. We can't really help you if you use them as they are not officially supported. Sorry.

• Administrators
I play via Steam, and my game has not been updated yet. Is this right ?

Try restarting Steam - if it still hasn't updated after doing so, right click on the game in Steam, click on properties, local files - then click to verify. This should update your game. Let us know how you get on, thanks.

Ive only had one crash dump error before.

I installed the patch, played a couple of games, last game thrashing Liverpool 5-1 and thought i would check my players training attributes which i did for a while and then a pop-up 'Football Manager has run out of memory, must quit now'.

Im usually trigger happy with the save button, but if my game crashes again im going to have to uninstall the patch that was meant to fix the crashes. icon8.gif

• Administrators

Okay Bryna, very sorry to hear that. How many leagues are you running? Do you have a save game which you could possibly upload to the FTP? If so can you upload it and let me know? It'd be very much appreciated. PM me if you need to. Thanks.

• Administrators
"Memory leak" issues?

So will the patch stop my issue with the stuttering 3d ME -was that an issue of this "memory leaking" sort or another bug?

(am fully updated on divers etc).

Some people have reported some improvements due to less memory usage, I would suggest downloading and installing it to see for yourself. Please let us know if it does, we'd be very interested to hear the general consensus. Thanks.

Ive only had one crash dump error before.

I installed the patch, played a couple of games, last game thrashing Liverpool 5-1 and thought i would check my players training attributes which i did for a while and then a pop-up 'Football Manager has run out of memory, must quit now'.

Im usually trigger happy with the save button, but if my game crashes again im going to have to uninstall the patch that was meant to fix the crashes. icon8.gif

Are you saying that you applied the patch and before that patch you had no memory issues and now you do?

Just out of curiosity when did you contact each and every one of your customers to gauge whether they were playing without issues ? I don't remember being contacted.
Steam keeps stats on games - how long people play for etc. I think you are the one making the wrong assumption - just because lots of people have problems doesn't mean that everyone does, or even a majority.

Are you saying that you applied the patch and before that patch you had no memory issues and now you do?

Before the patch i only had one 'crash dump error' when i pressed continue, the one after installing the patch was different 'run out of memory' whilst i was just shuffling about on training attributes.

• Administrators
thid is annoying

my fm ran fine before this patch, now i cant get further than the start of season 3 without it crashing

What does it say when it crashes? Do you have a save game you can upload to our FTP so we can take a look?

Let me know, thanks.

• Administrators

Could people who are still getting memory crashes (as in you get an error message come up which says the game has run out of memory) could you please try starting a new game with only a few leagues/countries loaded and say a medium sized database?

I know it's a lot to ask, especially after all this - but we need to clarify whether it's just too many leagues or whether it's potentially a hardware issue. I know it doesn't mean too much for those of you struggling to run the game, but we really really are frustrated by all this and really just want to get everyone playing without these issues.

Please let me know how you get on if you do run a new game. Thanks.

This isn't 10.1.1 related but i didn't want to make a new thread for a very quick question. I have installed patch 10.1.0, since it came out in fact, but noticed just yesterday that when i start a new game it says i am on version 10.0.0 (as below). Should this be the case?

1000a.png

This is the "database" version which will not change until 10.2

If you go into Preferences it will display 10.1.1 at the top of the page.

Could people who are still getting memory crashes (as in you get an error message come up which says the game has run out of memory) could you please try starting a new game with only a few leagues/countries loaded and say a medium sized database?

I know it's a lot to ask, especially after all this - but we need to clarify whether it's just too many leagues or whether it's potentially a hardware issue. I know it doesn't mean too much for those of you struggling to run the game, but we really really are frustrated by all this and really just want to get everyone playing without these issues.

Please let me know how you get on if you do run a new game. Thanks.

Speeding my way through a season with the recommended set up right now to have a look.

• Administrators
What about the shortlists and subscriptions are they fixed?Thanks

An issue with these in the digital download version has been resolved, however this may not be the same issue you mean. That will be for the next patch I'm afraid.

• Administrators
I have a problem. I downloaded this patch this evening. This patch was set up. Then, my game was slowed down. Why does the game slow down?

What do you mean by slowed down? In what way? The match engine/general processing/loading times? Let me know and I'll see what I can do to help. Thanks.

Speeding my way through a season with the recommended set up right now to have a look.

Got to late September before the game produced a crash dump. I don't think this one was due to memory usage though as it happened outside of a match and there was still a way to go to the 1700 where it typically crashes.

That said, the memory was at quite a bit more at the time of the crash than when I started, so I'd say it is still leaking memory even with the smaller database and lesser leagues, only not at the same pace.

Archived