dafuge's FM10 challenge

Cambridge C - 2011/12 - Blue Square North

Season started brilliantly, sat top of the table for a while before a poor run of form saw us drop towards the end of the play-offs. Signing Spanish duo Michel and Sabino (both surprisingly accepted trials) proved to be key as both performed fantastically in the latter stages, including Sabino's terrific two goals which helped us come from 2-0 down against Rotherham United in the FA Cup, one from 40 yards. Promotion was sealed with a 3-0 win over Barrow in the play-off finale, with both Spaniards and top scorer Walker scoring.

League Table:

http://i37.tinypic.com/15meg0j.jpg

Player of the Season: James Walker

http://i34.tinypic.com/msf9sm.jpg

Other notable mention: Michel

http://i34.tinypic.com/3308x2s.jpg

Other competitions:

FA Cup: 3rd Round. Beat Bury Town, Chippenham, Salisbury, Rotherham and Kidderminster before losing 3-1 to Millwall.

FA Trophy: 1st Round. Thrashed Chesham before losing to Chester.

Season League Position Other Comps.

2010/11...Blue Square North...17th...(FA Cup: 2nd Qual Rd). (FA Trophy: 3rd Qual Rd).

2011/12...Blue Square North...3rd ...Promotion. (FA Cup: 3rd Round). (FA Trophy: 1st Rd).

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season 2021/22 Review - Kingstonian in the Premier League

League Table

Past Positions

More than pleased with a mid-table finish considering I haven't strengthened much since last season. Hit a good run of form around mid-season, but our spell in the top half was ultimately short-lived. We'll be moving into brand new Kingstonian Stadium for next season, so as I'll finally be able to spend some real money on signings and wages we'll hopefully take another step up in the table. :thup:

FA Cup | League Cup

Finally a cup final! Unfortunately we're not quite good enough yet to find a way past Arsenal...

Squad

Still on the 4-5-1 with Pinto up front, but I think it might be time to start rethinking that. His attributes aren't on par with the kind of strikers I can now sign and at 30 he won't be getting any better. His contract also runs out in a year and he wants a proper Premiership wage to sign a new one, so I might just try to get some money for him while I can. Lascaux isn't a whole lot better, so I'm hoping there'll be a good striker on the market that the club can afford.

Transfers

Heeren from relegated Hull and Petrov from Swedish Hammarby walked right into my midfield along with Schonewille on left-back to fill the void left by Shaun Spencer. Cardiff might regret spending that much on him now that they're relegated, but in light of our loan payments I'm more than happy to be getting those £10M over the next 48 months.

Aim for next season: Sign 2-3 class players to push for a top-half finish.

Season     Team           League                  Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       4th       -
2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       1st       Champions, Promotion
2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       FA Trophy winners
2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       Promotion through playoffs
2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      8th       -
2015/16    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      2nd       Promotion
2016/17    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      5th       -
2017/18    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      2nd       Promotion
2018/19    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  7th       -
2019/20    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  2nd       Promotion
2020/21    Kingstonian    Premier League          14th      -
2021/22    Kingstonian    Premier League          11th      -

G. Keenan's FC United- 2021/2022 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: As is becoming something of a tradition of mine, I made a very slow start to the season losing each of my first four games 2-0. My next five games went a lot better as I drew three and won two of those games. I reached my highest league position of 9th after the 12th game of the season, but then swiftly went on a 9 game win less streak which included five losses and four draws. My form then proceeded to yo-yo back up and I eventually settled on my final position of 10th. Star striker Wagner (Brazilian by birth) provided me with the extra bit of quality that was required to survive this first season in the Prem, and he actually finished as the Premiership's top scorer, highest average rated player and man of the match leader.

League Table (Liverpool relegated, first of the 'big four' to go)

Graph

Squad

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 Champions
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs
2021/22    Premier League             10th        None

Ouch. Trying to survive in the Premier League with 1200 fans a week. Good luck! :eek:
:eek: would not like to be you. That is bad planning by the board. good luck on staying up i think you either will have to sacrifice some players and hope you stay up or just be prepared to make a huge loss financially

I have currently Played 5, Drawn 2, Lost 3. We've been completely outplayed in most cases and we haven't even played any of the big clubs yet. For the first time ever in this challenge I am resigned to relegation. I'll probably have to give the cups a go to try and earn some decent money.

I had to make a load of signings to try and compete on this level and spent the best part of a £10m budget. Which i'm sure will hit our finances big time! Fortunately they are mostly young prospects who'll probably stick with me through relegation. Still, my squad is nowhere near good enough. This shows the price you can pay for such rapid success. This will probably be the most interesting season i've ever had on FM!

I've got Arsenal next... God help me!

Also a question to those in the Premier League, how are you handling the English player requirements? My youth system sucks and in 12 years has only produced one player worthy of the first team, so as a result I only have 5 English players in my team. Needless to say that can make things a little awkward.

Also a question to those in the Premier League, how are you handling the English player requirements? My youth system sucks and in 12 years has only produced one player worthy of the first team, so as a result I only have 5 English players in my team. Needless to say that can make things a little awkward.

It hasn't been a problem this far, but I'm down to 5 as well now after doing some pre-season shopping. Might have to shop around for home-grown players, but good ones are hard to come by that don't cost £10M+ :(

I just wish that this feature could save them as JPEGs, it would save me a lot of time.

Commerical programs need to pay a license fee to create jpeg images.

I use a program called Irfanview to take screenshots with the press of just one button, though Windows 7 has made things more time consuming, with the Microsoft removing the abilty to rename images in the default image viewer and changing Wordpad so the forum doesn't like it's formatting :(

Boston United United FC - Blue Square North - 2011/12

So, after a decent first season, second season I expected to push on for promotion, even ithout adding any players.

League Table - http://img10.imageshack.us/i/fmtable2.jpg/

League Progress - http://img4.imageshack.us/i/fmprogress2.jpg/

Promoted through the play-offs :D Managed to win on penalties. Brilliant season overall, despite a mid season slump we never looked like falling out of the play off places.

http://img24.imageshack.us/i/fmplayoff.jpg/

Squad - http://img109.imageshack.us/i/fmsquad2.jpg/

Still my original team. Defence was rock solid this season.

Transfers - http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/9198/fmtransfers2.jpg

Again, no one in.

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5498/fmmanageroftheyear.jpg

Season    League                   Position    Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010/11   Blue Square North        8th          N/A
2011/2012 Blue Square North        2nd          Finished 2nd, promoted through play offs.

Aim next season is to stay up, simple as that. Doubt my team is good enough, but still, one can hope.

SuperRedditch - Marine - 2011/2012 - Blue Square Premier

Another highly successful season, and another promotion. The top 5 teams all went into the final 3 games with a chance of winning the league, it was very tense at times.

Final Table

Position Graph

FA Cup - We had an excellent run in the Cup. Sadly getting a Home game against Reading in the 3rd Round. However, we only went 0-1 down after 80 mins, and did ourselves proud.

FA Trophy - Winners! A hardfought final game against 4th place Kettering sealed our names on the trophy.

Transfers - Almost as many out as in this season. The highlight being the sale of Sean Fitzharris for the mightily tasty £80k to those mugs down at Llanelli.

Players

Robert McCormick - The 29 year old was Top Scorer again, banging in 31 goals in 49 appearances.

Dejan Rusic - The January signing was a total revelation. Scoring 17 and getting 10 assists in 26 games.

Inigo Idiakez - Sometimes blew hot and cold. but for a 38 year old freebie, was a creative force.

Mario Ruyales - Also signed in January, and his Average Rating belies his magnificent performances. 18 Clean Sheets in 27 matches! A tremendous shot-stopper.

Aims Next Season

Make some bloody money!

Stay up

Sign a tasty regen

My Career

Season    League                   Position    Achievements

2010/11   Blue Square North        1st          Champions
2011/12   Blue Square Premier      1st          Champions, FA Trophy Winners

Commerical programs need to pay a license fee to create jpeg images.

I use a program called Irfanview to take screenshots with the press of just one button, though Windows 7 has made things more time consuming, with the Microsoft removing the abilty to rename images in the default image viewer and changing Wordpad so the forum doesn't like it's formatting :(

For all my screenshot needs I use Gadwin printscreen. It's free, saves in many formats, has many options (saving just the window, or the entire screen, or you can select the area etc) and it stays unobtrusive in the background. I didn't know Irfanview could take screenshots with a hotkey. But it's a great image viewer =)

Have started with a Kendal game. Think I'll upload my profile tonight!

QUESTION!

But basically his stats ain't too great and i have better players for his position.

However he just keeps on producing amazing performances. And most importantly comes up with the good at the right time, like slavaging a point against stevenage just now in a 3-3 draw, scoring from outside the box on 92 mins!

Look at this guy, what a legend!

Season Stats

Personal Stats

PS: His free kick stat may only be 14 but he seems to score a heck of alot of them, may be as he is trained in taking them with power!

Now my heart tells me to keep him in forever, as he just seems a legend! He pulls out the good stuff, but will a not so good player playing at a 7.0 be as good as a better player (Stats wise) playing at a 6.8??

Do i go with my head or my heart?

Take the guy who performs better every time, it's even more special if they're rubbish :)

Midtable in League One after a dozen games, looks like my fears of relegation were unfounded, but there's no way we're going to challenge the playoffs unless I pull several signings out of the bag!

I had that aswell... Fixed it with signing a lot of foreign players ;) haha

//

Bah just lost in my 2nd game of the season in the League Cup against Derby (championship) after penals. Still quite happy that I played 1-1 after 90 minutes

"They play well against 4-4-2" - This is my current issue.

What tactics are people varying too when against these teams, I mean I destroy ones that struggle vs 4-4-2 but it's always a bore draw vs the ones that handle it.

Maybe go to 4-5-1 or 4-1-3-2? I don't seem to have the players for it. Any tips?

Currently 5th in BSN but only 3 points off top so promotion is looking like a prospect, just lacking that killer instinct vs the better teams.

Err, going to ask it again since I didnt get a response some time ago: Anyone know what the stats are for a good assman?

personally, i always go for good JPA,JPP determination, motivating, man mangement and discipline. Also working with youngsters and maybe tactical knowledge.

Preferably at least 10 in all and for a top class one 15

Now my heart tells me to keep him in forever, as he just seems a legend! He pulls out the good stuff, but will a not so good player playing at a 7.0 be as good as a better player (Stats wise) playing at a 6.8??

Do i go with my head or my heart?

A good performance is a good performance; go with whoever produces the good stuff for your team. Visible attributes aren't the be-all and end-all of a player, remember that there are hidden attributes like "Consistency", "Important Matches", "Pressure", etc that have an effect as well. All attributes combined are supposed to result in a good performance in the role you're playing the player in, so to me the ratings are the most trusthworthy evaluation available. I say keep playing him until he starts to struggle, then replace him. :)

Err, going to ask it again since I didnt get a response some time ago: Anyone know what the stats are for a good assman?

JPA and JPP are what I look for first, they seem to have a big effect on how good the players that he recommends in his Team Report and Backroom Advice meetings are and that was a huge help to me in the lower divisions. I also use his evaluations on my squad screen to help with selection and spotting who's improving and who's declining, so it'd be a problem if those were constantly off. I assume that Man Management would help with the squad/player happiness related advices, Motivating with team-talks, Tactical Knowledge with tactical advice / spotting problems in the opposition, Discipline with fining... So basically pick your assistant based on the areas you feel you need the most help with; you probably won't find someone who excels in all of them.

Thanks a million Scab and Thebaker. Maybe I can find some Assman like that Scab but he will def. not join my team hehe..

Great going to have a look into this. My current Assman suck balls.

Definitely agree with looking for one with good JPA/P, very useful to have an accurate evaluation of how good your players are, especially when you've got an academy, and of course when you first join the club :)

Mine has been great for us, I still have all the staff I originally hired, don't see myself replacing any as they've served me well. The scouts have improved as we've risen up the leagues too, which is good.

Scab I found one ;) Mauro Tassotti hehe... He is the ultimate assman hehe

//

On the serious note: I really found a great one and signed him right away! John Morling!

This has been my ass man for the last couple of season, I also know that my brother signed him. He has found a few gems for me.

Finished my second season in league two, we were way worse (wwww:cool:) than last year, finishing 17th. Struggled to get the ball into the net this season, considering abandoning my trustworthy 4-4-2 for something more exiting. Will post an update when I get home from work. Fridays are looooong.....

Scab I found one ;) Mauro Tassotti hehe... He is the ultimate assman hehe

//

On the serious note: I really found a great one and signed him right away! John Morling!

I had morling but he seemed worse at recruitment than my old one and not so good on the coaching side so i've let him go and signed Brendan O'Connell instead.

Hassebasse Merthyr Tydfil 2015-2016 League Two

A poor second season in League two saw us finish 17th. We couldn't score enough, and didn't defend that well either. :(

League Table

Transfers

My two best players were once again my injury plagued winger Scott, and this year my dc Woodward stepped up.

Goals for the new season:

Overhaul the squad

Consider giving up 4-4-2

Try to push for play-off

Just hit 1st place with Nuneaton in BSN 19 games in but have been knocked out of both FA Cup and FA Trophy fairly early on. Lost to a 94th minute goal 1-0 to Hinckley in the FA Trophy Replay :(

Top 8 teams are all within 3 points of one another so lets hope I can hang on to the top spot for a while!

18 Transfers so far with about as many going out, just installed a revolving door in the office :)

Just been promoted to L2, the wages some players want is enormous, my wage limit is only 8.5K and it was already 7.5K. Even when i offer nearly 1K p/w the players seem to sign for someone else for 500 p/w.

Looks like its going to be a real struggle this season, i only have 21 players and 8 have been injured already in pre-season.

Drewski. Boston United. 2014/2015

At the start of the season I would have taken a 15th-20th place finish, my squad was not the best, but there were a few teams that would have made us look like World Cup winners, never did I think that we'd finish in the top 7, let alone get promoted, Crewe were the runaway winners, they destroyed the opposition, saying that, it was pleasing to see that after the first couple of games we never dropped out of the top 10, but we did draw too many, if we turned a few of those draws into wins then we may have finished in the top 3, but ah well.

Squad - defensively we were very sound, up front our main two in Paynter and Johnson managed to get into double figures, but our creativity was lacking in midfield, I'll need to bring in more firepower in that department; Farrell, I didn't actually think that Farrell would be able to make the step up to League 2 this season bu he surprised me and the league by putting in some brilliant performances, I'm just thinking that League 1 will be a bit too hard for him so he'll be mainly a squad player; O'Connor, added that extra quality that we were missing for the first half of this season, with him in the side we were able to push on and cement ourselves as a top 10 side, more of the same next season please; Paynter, enough said really, fantastic season from the seasoned striker, he'll be a squad player next season as I try to bring in some fresh legs and youth during the summer.

Transfers - same as usual, quality in, carp out, most of which did their jobs very well, in Stech our goalie, we have someone who is able to make a half decent save and organize the defense.

Finances - going up, hopefully I'll get a half decent budget next season to spend on players.

Me :D

Aims for next season:

Improve squad.

Bring in more quality.

Make money.

Don't make fools of ourselves.

Chippenham Town - Blue Square South - 2010/2011

We weren't predicted to make it at all this season after a good start we had a pretty bad run and howerd on lower mid of table. Luckily got on a good run towards the end and made it into the playoff spots. Really had not expected doing this well.

Squad

Transfers

Key Players:

Graeme Edwards - Great defender probably my best signing.

Daniel Ludlow - One of the few original squad players still playing at end of season. Not the best player by far but he had some key goals from left wing. Also most assists in team.

Robbie Crawford - Did a decent job in midfield. Hopefully more to come of him.

Kyle Wilson - Steady supplier of goals.

Finances - Doesn't look too good now does it.

League Table - Managed to stay in playoff spot towards the end of season but no chance to catch up with Bromley.

Caught a probably undeserved promotion in the end with some close games where we spendt most of the time defending and beeing hammered countering in some lucky goals. Feel we got some great talent but gonna have to get better wingers for next season and maybe a targetman, had no luck so far finding one.

Hopefully next season will get done faster... been a bizzy week since i went to oslo for the weekend to watch local team winning the norwegian cupfinal against rival team last weekend :D i'm still exhausted from celebrating. And now i cant afford to do anything but play fm :thup:

Things are now going a little better in League Two as after 14 games we are now somehow third in the table, thanks to my Keeper Adam who's performing heroics in Goal and new striker Daniel Nardiello who has 8 goals in 7 appearances so far :cool:

Changing my tactics to Defensive from Counter-Attacking seems to have helped aswell.

The Adventures of Black Mama - Canvey Island - BSS - 2010/2011

10 games into the 1st season seems a likely place to give an update - It's been tough and frustrating :o The players available to my crappy club are not capable of playing the 4-1-2-2-1 formation I like to play (Ajax, Denmark formation) so I've reverted to the classic 4-4-2 untill we reach league football - if the nutjobs I've found will make it so far :o

LEAGUE UPDATE

We are sitting 18th with 10 points so far - just managed to sneak a 2-2 draw in the last game with an injurytime goal from a corner

On the transfer side of things I've signed a total of 16 players

I feel somewhat sorry for this bloke I signed :D

I'm getting used to not managing Margate ( :( ) but If they ever get promoted I'm quitting Canvey....

On a sidenote the finances just went red

Season 2022/23 Review - Kingstonian in the Premier League

League Table

Past Positions

More than the step-up I was looking and hoped for. :thup: We got off to a decent but unremarkable mid-table start with a lot of draws and low-scoring games, but soon found our form and climbed up to 8th-7th-6th after taking slim wins against some of the bigger teams. Another terrific late-season push had us up on an exciting 2nd, but we couldn't last the pace and eventually finished a distant 14p off Man Utd, who we by the way took 6p off this season. The team certainly has talent and potential, just not the necessary consistency.

FA Cup | League Cup

League Cup winners! We've been doing quite well in this competition for several years now but always gone out in the semis, or even the final last season. Good to finally get our hands on a trophy; we haven't actually won anything since 2012/13.

Squad

Lacking that really solid defender to field next to Wilson I decided to take a gamble and throw American defensive talent Chris Conrad off the deep end and see how he'd cope, and it turns out he copes just fine. His attributes have improved a lot this season and he's even gotten a few senior international call-ups. If my assistant is anything to go by there's still good room for improvement, so hopefully I'll be able to hang on to this guy for a while. Roddy Wilson is showing similarly encouraging development compared to when he joined and is now being chased by some big-name clubs.

Transfers

Decided to get some money for 30-year-old Pinto while I could and signed Panathinaikos legend Gerben Vosselman as his replacement for a lot less than I had expected. It took him a while to get going, but once settled in and taught to use his pace, dribbling and technique to round the keepers he started scoring almost every game. Come May he'd beaten Pinto's 20 Premier League goals from last season and is looking like he'll do even better next year. Other than that, offloaded some dead weight, strengthened the problem areas, and sold two of my three keepers for money I just couldn't refuse; as long as I can keep hold of Yagi we should be fine, he's got good potential according to my assistant so fingers crossed he'll grow into his role in a Wilson/Conrad-esque way.

Aim for next season: Champions League qualification. Missed out on -1 goal difference this season...

Season     Team           League                  Finished  Achievements
2010/11    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       4th       -
2011/12    Kingstonian    Blue Square South       1st       Champions, Promotion
2012/13    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       FA Trophy winners
2013/14    Kingstonian    Blue Square Premier     3rd       Promotion through playoffs
2014/15    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      8th       -
2015/16    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 2      2nd       Promotion
2016/17    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      5th       -
2017/18    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola League 1      2nd       Promotion
2018/19    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  7th       -
2019/20    Kingstonian    Coca-Cola Championship  2nd       Promotion
2020/21    Kingstonian    Premier League          14th      -
2021/22    Kingstonian    Premier League          11th      -
2022/23    Kingstonian    Premier League          5th       League Cup winners

Guiseley Season 2 report- Board Target mid table finish- actual 1st

So in our 2nd season in the blue square north we achieved promotion in 1st place we were placed around 6th at christmas in a tight league but a good run in led us to the title.

Table

Fa Cup: we reached the 1st round until we eventually lost to a much stronger opponent

Fa Trophy: a bit disappointed with our loss here.

Our squad: Seems to be a strong enough team to have won the Blue square north although improvements will be needed for the blue square prem

1 Value

2 Assistant reports

3 Selection

Key Players:

Laider Played great in the "hole"

Lee Reliable at dc

Mason Great up fronts lots of assists

Mclean Lead the line as top scorer in the league.

Team Stats

Player Stats

Award 1

Award 2

Job Offer

Finances

Transfers

Next Season:

I aim to stay in the blue square prem so hopefully i can build my club from there :)

G. Keenan's FC United- 2022/2023 Season Review- Premier League

Season review: Another solid season in the Prem, despite the slight regression in my final position I felt like my team was quite a lot stronger than last years and as a result we could be in for a breakout next season.

League Table

Squad

Finances

Career Overview

Season      League                   Position    Achievements

2010/11    Blue Square North          5th         None
2011/12    Blue Square North          1st         Promoted, BSN champions
2012/13    Blue Square Premier        7th         None
2013/14    Blue Square Premier        3rd         Promoted, playoffs
2014/15    Coca-Cola League 2         22nd        None
2015/16    Coca-Cola League 2         3rd         Promoted
2016/17    Coca-Cola League 1         16th        None
2017/18    Coca-Cola League 1         1st         Promoted, L1 Champions
2018/19    Coca-Cola Championship     15th        None
2019/20    Coca-Cola Championship     5th         None
2020/21    Coca-Cola Championship     6th         Promoted, playoffs
2021/22    Premier League             10th        None