Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where are you based? The main reason the strike wont seem to have affected you is because post is still being delivered up until Saturday, it's other areas such as sorting offices that were on strike yesterday, so some items will have been held up for a day or two depending on how much backlog builds up, then on Saturday most people wont receive anything at all, not even those annoying bills or credit card application forms that always seem to be the only things to come when you're sat waiting for something exciting.

Suffolk/Norfolk area .

zavvi return policy:

We want to ensure you are always happy when shopping with us. To ensure this, we offer an "absolute satisfaction" guarantee where you can return any unopened item within 14 days of the date of your receipt of your order.

We will refund your credit/debit card in full once we have received and processed the item (please allow up to 14 working days from date of postage).

I ordered from Amazon, they have sent me 2 copies (I ordered 1) It appears I have been charged for 1. Does anyone know what will happen? is it something amazon will pick up?

Wouldn't mind selling it for a nice profit... lol

You have 2 someone poor b*****s cant even get 1

Is there anybody still looking at their blank doorstep, with no trace of the fm2010 copy that zavvi promised them today? Unfortunately this was how is spent my morning, even though my copy had been dispatched a few days ago and there are no postal strikes in my region today!

For all those, like me, who are unwilling/unable to fork out the extra £12.00 to buy it off steam (which now says it was released on 29th october?!) i sympathise. I rescommend a good bhacon and egg butty, with 2 cups of tea and the soccer-am best bits on anytime to take your mind off it for a while.

But what i want to know is why? i dont think its zavvi's fault as they dispatched it a few days ago, so i think it might be out of their hands now?

i dont know much about the strike and how it affects my delivery but, as previously stated, there are no strikes in my region so why hasnt it come??

Any ideas?

I don't think the other message got through, so I'll repeat it

kee; I and others think that there is little to no chance of getting your copy on a Saturday.

More likely Monday/Tues/Weds

So is it worth trading in a couple of games at game and getting it there? Then returning the other one to zavvi??? when it arrives:(

Guest DirtyBob
Is there anybody still looking at their blank doorstep, with no trace of the fm2010 copy that zavvi promised them today? Unfortunately this was how is spent my morning, even though my copy had been dispatched a few days ago and there are no postal strikes in my region today!

For all those, like me, who are unwilling/unable to fork out the extra £12.00 to buy it off steam (which now says it was released on 29th october?!) i sympathise. I rescommend a good bhacon and egg butty, with 2 cups of tea and the soccer-am best bits on anytime to take your mind off it for a while.

But what i want to know is why? i dont think its zavvi's fault as they dispatched it a few days ago, so i think it might be out of their hands now?

i dont know much about the strike and how it affects my delivery but, as previously stated, there are no strikes in my region so why hasnt it come??

Any ideas?

The strikes have affected *ALL* regions in the UK.

The Mail Centre workers were on strike from 4am Thursday morning till 4am Friday morning. As a result of this only around 10-15% of todays mail reached delivery offices for delivery. The percentage of packets reaching delivery offices was considerably lower.

Delivery and Collection workers will be striking for 24 hours from 4am Saturday morning so unless Zavvi have sent the games out via another carrier then you won't get it tomorrow.

So is it worth trading in a couple of games at game and getting it there? Then returning the other one to zavvi??? when it arrives:(

That's entirely your choice.

Though frustrated and wishing I had the game, I'm not bothered enough to go and buy another copy from a store, then send the Zavvi one back.

Too much hassle and price.

Like I say though, your choice.

An extra £10 to gain a few extra days playing? In 6 months time, this whole farce will be largely irrelevant to you.

That's entirely your choice.

Though frustrated and wishing I had the game, I'm not bothered enough to go and buy another copy from a store, then send the Zavvi one back.

Too much hassle and price.

Like I say though, your choice.

An extra £10 to gain a few extra days playing? In 6 months time, this whole farce will be largely irrelevant to you.

i'll wait , i just hate waiting i'm so impatient:(

I'm guessing that Zavvi don't have the resources to ring up each individual regional post depot and ask if they are going to be on strike

Wouldn't it be far easier to

Get in contact with someone at Royal Mail HQ, ask HR about which depots are going in strike and when, if it is a large number of depots then, delivery the game using a different company for this week ensuring that all pre-orders (not only for FM 2010) get to the customer on the day of the release.

The postal strike aren't something out of the blue, if they where then fine I don't mind waiting and extra few days since I pre-ordered it on the 16th September, but since its been in the news all week, other comapnies who use Royal Mail have probably been playing safe.

Wouldn't it be far easier to

Get in contact with someone at Royal Mail HQ, ask HR about which depots are going in strike and when, if it is a large number of depots then, delivery the game using a different company for this week ensuring that all pre-orders (not only for FM 2010) get to the customer on the day of the release.

The postal strike aren't something out of the blue, if they where then fine I don't mind waiting and extra few days since I pre-ordered it on the 16th September, but since its been in the news all week, other comapnies who use Royal Mail have probably been playing safe.

What I never said this ?!?

I wonder that myself Brod.

So I went today to see my track package and has arrival scan at COSLADA ES. What the FU**?!?!?!

Why in hell did my package went to Spain? Aren't there any direct flights from England to Portugal? Jesus fu**ing Christ!

I know this isn't SI problem, but I need somewhere to steam off this situation. Amazon is going to get a nasty piece of email from my part. Before MRW the game would be here by now now I will getting four days later.

UN...BE...lievable!!!

MRW I is sh*t.

Ordered from Zavvi, had an email saying depsatched and money taken off!! I have had mail yesterday and today!!

But hey, I don't mind, it'll come when it comes!! Give them a break. SI/Sega/ and all the retailer scan't help a postal strike!!

You'll probably have the game by mid-next week!! I don't mind, I managed to get the game for nothing from Zavvi with a money off voucher!! Happy Days!!

I ordered from Amazon, they have sent me 2 copies (I ordered 1) It appears I have been charged for 1. Does anyone know what will happen? is it something amazon will pick up?

Wouldn't mind selling it for a nice profit... lol

i had that once with my bf2 game i bought :D just keep it they do nothing about it

I had the despatch e-mail from Zavvi 2 days ago and the money was taken 2 days ago - had normal delivery yesterday and today, but strike here is tomorrow so I doub't I'll get it before Monday now:( It wouldn't surprise me if Zavvi have been cheap and sent it 2nd class as it mentions 3-5 days for delivery which is 2nd class speed - especially as the e-mail said they posted early because of the postal strike then they post the day before the strike so not really soon enough.

Sadly I won't know till i get home tonight... I fear the game + mug combo will be too big to fit through my letter box and I would have to go and collect from Royal Mail depot, which probably wont be open tomorrow.

So my current plan is to go to GAME on my way home and get a 2nd copy - if i dont have to use it then i will leave it unopened as an xmas present for my old man or my best mate.

Just to update everyone - went to GAME On my way home and got a copy - managed to blag one of the swish pre order diaries as well - they are pretty nice :thup:

Get home - and have a card through my door - and then notice that its scribbled on there that it has been left with a neighbour - there's irony there somewhere - so now i have a diary, a mug and 2 copies of the game - guess my dad or best mate is getting a great xmas present :D

Zavvi are absolutely useless, so I won't be using them again. I had the game pre-ordered since the middle of September, yet the game still doesn't arrive on time. It is so frustrating that people had received their copies of the game on Wednesday, which by that point my order was still being shown as awaiting despatch. The status was stuck at awaiting despatch for at least 27 hours!!!! Why the **** was it awaiting despatch for that long? They never posted the game until Wednesday night.

I am furious my game hasn't arrived as other companies sent the game out early or used other couriers, Zavvi couldn't even manage that. I don't care if I paid £18 or £3, I still expect a game ordered that long in advance to arrive on time, postal strike or no postal strike.

Same here pre ordered mid september, should have used SHopto at least I would have had it by wednesday, oh heck all this waiting adds to the anticipation. I pre ordered 2 and if they not here tomorrow my cousin will be whinging that she would have been better off buying it herself. Mind you with PES 10, Fifa, Uncharted 2 all bought in the last few weeks you would think I would be happy, but football manager is a way of life.

I just emailed Zavvi and really had a go.

I got mine yesterday (29th) - I've already won the league with Rangers in an amazingly dramatic end of the season.

Celtic were 5 points ahead of me with two games left - we had an old firm at their place. They went 2 - 0 up in the first 20 minutes.

So - immediately - I set tactics to overload and get ball forward. I also took David Weir off and put Danny Wilson on to shore up the defence. By the end of the game, we had won 4 - 3 in a thriller.

Next game, we had to beat Kilmarnock away and hope that Celtic lost at home to Aberdeen.

We made a poor start - another classic game - which was 3 - 3 by half time! Meanwhile Celtic were winning 2 - 0.

It seemed all over - I told the lads to go out and enjoy themselves.

But then Celtic lost a goal early in the second half, and then another, then they went ahead again, then Aberdeen equalised.

In the last 10 minutes, they were behind 4-3 - and that's when I decided to go all-out to get the winner and win the league. It worked, Mendes grabbed our winner on 84 minutes - we shut up shop and hoped that Celtic would fail to equalise.

Aberdeen scored another in injury time and the League and League Cup Double were ours.

And all before the game was officially out!

I got mine yesterday (29th) - I've already won the league with Rangers in an amazingly dramatic end of the season.

Celtic were 5 points ahead of me with two games left - we had an old firm at their place. They went 2 - 0 up in the first 20 minutes.

So - immediately - I set tactics to overload and get ball forward. I also took David Weir off and put Danny Wilson on to shore up the defence. By the end of the game, we had won 4 - 3 in a thriller.

Next game, we had to beat Kilmarnock away and hope that Celtic lost at home to Aberdeen.

We made a poor start - another classic game - which was 3 - 3 by half time! Meanwhile Celtic were winning 2 - 0.

It seemed all over - I told the lads to go out and enjoy themselves.

But then Celtic lost a goal early in the second half, and then another, then they went ahead again, then Aberdeen equalised.

In the last 10 minutes, they were behind 4-3 - and that's when I decided to go all-out to get the winner and win the league. It worked, Mendes grabbed our winner on 84 minutes - we shut up shop and hoped that Celtic would fail to equalise.

Aberdeen scored another in injury time and the League and League Cup Double were ours.

And all before the game was officially out!

That sounds epic! I wouldn't be surprised if you did a lap of the street after that ;)

Update of the Zavvi double charge issue:

I've checked my bank balance and it seems like it's all back to normal. I've only been charged the one time.

I have to say that Zavvi is a nice little company. I purchased the game for a friend (as well as for me) and he received his, so I'm very chuffed for him and impressed that Zavvi got it out so fast.

I have yet to receive my copy, but I won't be playing till the third patch is released, so I'm fine. :)

That sounds epic! I wouldn't be surprised if you did a lap of the street after that ;)

:)

No such luck - I finally got back to finishing my tax return (which I handed over today).

It was epic - I don't think that will happen again, looking at the fixes in the patch that I've just downloaded. They seem to have stamped out comical defending!

I forgot to mention that I got it for £22.85 (incl. delivery) from ShopToNet.

But I AM FURIOUS!! They said it would be here on the 28th, and yet it arrived on the 29th!

I have LOST a whole day's worth of gameplay as a result!

:) [that was a joke by the way]

PS. oooh - one final tip - if you want to use your demo save game when your copy arrives, go into the FM2010 demo folders and rescue it BEFORE you uninstall the demo, as the uninstaller wipes everything including save games.

Well I ordered through zavvi. It didn't turn up today so I'm off to spend the £12 I saved in the pub. It's only £2 a pint as well.

I can't be bothered to complain about it, I have a year before the new one so I'll get plenty of game time in

I got an email from Zavvi 15 hours ago saying delivery usually takes 3-5 days, but may be longer due to postal strikes. Somehow i doubt i'll be getting it today... More like sometime next week.

I'm not too bothered. I can be patient. I'm happier to save £8-£12 for the sake of waiting a few days.

Archived