Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

Ok, great. I was thinking that was unlikely, but wanted to ask just in case.

As for it fitting through the letterbox......anyone?

Like I said, I'd like to know whether I'll have to be awake tomorrow to receive it, because if it doesn't fit, then postie (if I have one) will knock, so I'd rather not miss that.

There's a good chance it'll fit through the letterbox. In my previous experience from ordering with The Hut, they use a DVD-size bubblewrap envelope, so I'm guessing Zavvi will do the same.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, it will definitely fit through the letterbox.

The CM2010 one fits through the letterbox, and that's got a notebook and a pencil in it, so I'm confident that the FM2010 will do the same.

There's a good chance it'll fit through the letterbox. In my previous experience from ordering with The Hut, they use a DVD-size bubblewrap envelope, so I'm guessing Zavvi will do the same.

Ok, cheers you two.

I am aware that the case itself can :D

Just wondering what the packaging for Zavvi is like, having never ordered from anywhere other than Amazon before, but if you are confident it is still big enough, then that's good enough.

Again, cheers

I've just checked my bank account and noticed that Zavvi have not yet taken money from my credit card. A bit weird that considering it was despatched yesterday evening, isn't it?
lol

Most, if not all, companies initialize payment once they have dispatched an item. My guess would be that they have yet to dispatch your copy, if they had dispatched it then you can be sure that they would've taken your money.

There are two stages to taking payment from an account. You first request the money, a request which is either approved or denied, and you then take the money. My guess is that Zavvi have sent an authorisation through to your accounts, your bank has put the money aside, Zavvi has sent you order and then in a few days they will transfer the funds from your account.

I used my Capital One credit card and I can see that the amount has been authorised, deducted from my available balance, but hasn't yet been billed to my account.

too much traffic with the game just being officialy released :) might be like this for a while. I took time out to download the 10.1.0 patch :thup:

ive just d/l it aswell will save me time tomoz, as i will get anyway whether the postie brings or not, need to go to bed now and hopefully wake up to sound of the game hitting my floor!

Just ordered it through Amazon. Guaranteed by 1pm Saturday. The games itself cost £25.48 so thats not a problem but, P&P cost me £8.80 :mad: but being in love with the game thats a small price to pay i suppose :D

No offence mate but what's the point it doing that? You're paying extra for the game and getting it a day later. Why not just go and buy it in a shop for a lower price than that and have it on time? Or alternatively, even the digital downloads are cheaper than that! Just seems nonsensical to me :confused:

Update from Amazon CityLink tracking:

30 Oct 2009 03:38:00 AM MILTON KEYNES BUCKINGHAMSHIRE GB Arrival Scan

Should be here soon!!

Mine now says...

30 Oct 2009 06:10:00 AM MILTON KEYNES BUCKINGHAMSHIRE GB Out for delivery

but it's not here yet.........

I ordered mine off Zavvi but I aint recieved it yet even through the postman come but usually they do parcels later on in the day, Im just praying that it comes today especially as I got rid of FM2009 last night & now have nothing to play.

Off work with a sore back so sent my girlfriend down to Tesco at half 6 this morning. Normally a 10 minute walk there and back. Gone over 40 mins and then finally walks in the door with my copy. She blamed it on talking to my mum who works in Tesco and they had a little chat for 20 mins. Raging. And i gave her £10 for going. (Wan't see her for awhile now the game is here)! The cheek of it! 40mins to do a 10min job.

f****** postman has just walked straight past my front door at 8.30 am he doesn't normally get here till ten o'clock!! ordered off zavvi they have dispatched and taken my cash im gutted now feel like chasing after postie down the street now! i had my new notts county shirt on all ready to go!!

f****** postman has just walked straight past my front door at 8.30 am he doesn't normally get here till ten o'clock!! ordered off zavvi they have dispatched and taken my cash im gutted now feel like chasing after postie down the street now! i had my new notts county shirt on all ready to go!!

When was your Zavvi order despatched - 27th, 28th or 29th?

To those of you who have ordered from Zavvi, I feel I should share this email with you. I received it yesterday and it wasn't an automated response like a lot of the others here...

I am sorry that you have not received your order.

Your order has been sent to you on 27/10/09. Although the batch wasn't shut off by finance until the 28/10/09 which is why it may show on your account that it was sent then. Please not that stock has been distributed on a first come first serve basis and that your friends may get stock that was sent a day or two later.

Delivery usually takes 3-5 working days from our Warehouse in the Channel Islands via first class Royal Mail. Should your order not arrive to you within that time you need to allow 10 full working days for delivery before notifying us then we can track this with Royal Mail.

If you have not received your order by 10/11/09 then please contact us and we will be able to look into this further for you.

If you have any further questions, please login to Your Account where you will be able to request more information.

We try to make contacting us as easy and convenient as possible and want to answer all your questions fully. Our Frequently Asked Questions may be able to provide you with the answer you are looking for.

Alternatively, you may contact us by telephone on 0844 264 0702 during opening hours which are Monday to Friday: 08.00 - 18.00 and Saturday 09.00 - 16.00

Many Thanks,

Andrew Jackson

zavvi Team

Hope it's helpful :)

Just rung up Zavvi number & a very nice lady told me that they sent it out on the 28th & also said that they arent having any problems with collecting & send stuff out so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow, I might even get it today as the postie usually does parcels afterwards just wish that I didnt delete FM2009 last night now lol

That is just extracting the urine, If mine takes til the 10th i'll be furious .. fingers crossed tho the postie aint been yet :D and on the plus side I just checked emails and I did'nt receive the email you got

To those of you who have ordered from Zavvi, I feel I should share this email with you. I received it yesterday and it wasn't an automated response like a lot of the others here...

I am sorry that you have not received your order.

Your order has been sent to you on 27/10/09. Although the batch wasn't shut off by finance until the 28/10/09 which is why it may show on your account that it was sent then. Please not that stock has been distributed on a first come first serve basis and that your friends may get stock that was sent a day or two later.

Delivery usually takes 3-5 working days from our Warehouse in the Channel Islands via first class Royal Mail. Should your order not arrive to you within that time you need to allow 10 full working days for delivery before notifying us then we can track this with Royal Mail.

If you have not received your order by 10/11/09 then please contact us and we will be able to look into this further for you.

If you have any further questions, please login to Your Account where you will be able to request more information.

We try to make contacting us as easy and convenient as possible and want to answer all your questions fully. Our Frequently Asked Questions may be able to provide you with the answer you are looking for.

Alternatively, you may contact us by telephone on 0844 264 0702 during opening hours which are Monday to Friday: 08.00 - 18.00 and Saturday 09.00 - 16.00

Many Thanks,

Andrew Jackson

zavvi Team

Hope it's helpful :)

Ok mine was dispatched from zavvi on the 28th. I ordered it on sep 15th. I left my house this morning to find a parcel on my doorstep from the royal mail. However it was not fm2010. So am I right in thinking they have been once so won't be again? Also if I picked up the game fro

tesco or game today and kept the receipt could I return the zavvi copy to tesco or game when it arrives?

If you purchased yours through Zavvi then you don't have to sign.

sendit and shopto use recorded delivery, but not Zavvi/TheHut.

got mine from shopto, and it was posted through the letterbox by ukmail this morning without being asked to sign.

maybe because it must have been around 7am and they say between 9 and 6 don't they. Not that i'm complaining

Yea I think ya can mate, Ive seen people saying they are gonna return it ... Mine was despatched on the 28th also so its not looking good for me :(

Ok mine was dispatched from zavvi on the 28th. I ordered it on sep 15th. I left my house this morning to find a parcel on my doorstep from the royal mail. However it was not fm2010. So am I right in thinking they have been once so won't be again? Also if I picked up the game fro

tesco or game today and kept the receipt could I return the zavvi copy to tesco or game when it arrives?

I've done that before so it should be fine. :thup:

ZAVVI i retract all negative comments that i may have posted.

Guess what just dropped through my door.............my £17.95 copy ordered 6 October!

Mine was sent out 28th October, best of luck to all those still waiting.

I'm off to load up!

That and the email above stating they sent the games out 'first come, first served' is encouraging.

A shame that an awful lot of people have been posting a load of crap about Zavvi and/or cancelling orders. I wonder if everyone who has moaned will have the balls to post an apology? The moaning was needless, unfair and something that should have been dealt with by the mods. It wasn't good for the atmosphere around here and it doesn't portray us in a brilliant light. Why didn't people wait until their post arrived today before moaning?

I'm not picking on you by replying to your post, all of the negative comments have merged into one for me and I wouldn't be able to name names without going back and checking.

That is just extracting the urine, If mine takes til the 10th i'll be furious .. fingers crossed tho the postie aint been yet :D and on the plus side I just checked emails and I did'nt receive the email you got

You didn't get that email as it was a response to one that dirtyprettymagpie sent.

As for the dates, why are they extracting the urine? The dates given have absolutely nothing to do with Zavvi. They can't promise delivery quicker than Royal Mail can manage and have to mention the timings RM give them.

You will almost certainly get your game before the 10th, but as that will be the earliest date Zavvi will be able to chase RM if the game hasn't arrived, there is little they can do about it before then.

Yea ya right. I thought it wa s automated email .. Has for royal mail I think zavvi better use someoen else from now on tho

You didn't get that email as it was a response to one that dirtyprettymagpie sent.

As for the dates, why are they extracting the urine? The dates given have absolutely nothing to do with Zavvi. They can't promise delivery quicker than Royal Mail can manage and have to mention the timings RM give them.

You will almost certainly get your game before the 10th, but as that will be the earliest date Zavvi will be able to chase RM if the game hasn't arrived, there is little they can do about it before then.

Yea ya right. I thought it wa s automated email .. Has for royal mail I think zavvi better use someoen else from now on tho

Why? I don't think I have ever received an order from Zavvi/The Hut that hasn't arrived two days after dispatch. I expect I have jinxed myself there, but getting my copy on Monday/Tuesday wouldn't bother me too much having paid £18 for it. Play on the other hand (Nearest comparison I could think of, free delivery/warehouse location) have kept me waiting longer for orders as they use 2nd class and Zavvi 1st.

It wouldn't be a bad thing to offer people the choice of other delivery methods at greater cost, but free 1st class postage isn't to be sniffed at.

That and the email above stating they sent the games out 'first come, first served' is encouraging.

A shame that an awful lot of people have been posting a load of crap about Zavvi and/or cancelling orders. I wonder if everyone who has moaned will have the balls to post an apology? The moaning was needless, unfair and something that should have been dealt with by the mods. It wasn't good for the atmosphere around here and it doesn't portray us in a brilliant light. Why didn't people wait until their post arrived today before moaning?

I'm not picking on you by replying to your post, all of the negative comments have merged into one for me and I wouldn't be able to name names without going back and checking.

yes, we should all hang our head and take a few minutes comtemplation for what we have done over the last few days.

Mine was loaded onto a UKMail van in Gateshead this morning at 6.50....I'm hoping that he delivers in Sunderland first then makes his way back through Gateshead/Newcastle before wrapping in!

Mine was loaded onto a City Link van at 06:10am this morning in Stoke. I'm in Northwich, about 25 miles away ? It hasn't got here yet :(

Archived