Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

HMV are one company that I've had a poor experience with when it comes to getting stuff on release date.

I've just checked my bank account and noticed that Zavvi have not yet taken money from my credit card. A bit weird that considering it was despatched yesterday evening, isn't it?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
frustrating ! HMV shipped yesterday morning - sent me a tracking number via parcel force and the friggin number they have given won't work on the parcel force tracking site... anyone else have that problem ??

Exactly the same situation - also noticed that on my online banking the money has only come out today - so have they actually sent them out!!

I've just checked my bank account and noticed that Zavvi have not yet taken money from my credit card. A bit weird that considering it was despatched yesterday evening, isn't it?

Yes.

Perhaps they've taken money from my account to pay for your copy - that would certainly explain the double charge.

Exactly the same situation - also noticed that on my online banking the money has only come out today - so have they actually sent them out!!

Well they took money from me on tuesday evening - so where the flip is my game?

The problem I have is that while I can handle having to wait until release day (!) I doubt very much that it's going to arrive at all, here's why:

Earlier today

Me: Hello my tracking number doesn't work on your website

Parcelforce: That's because it's a royal mail (!) tracking number

Then...

Me: Hello, why is my game being sent via royal mail when i've payed you for premium delivery and you said on tuesday night it was on it's way via parcelforce?

HMV: Erm, well it was definately sent by parcelforce, they probably mean they haven't received the game at their 'hub' yet

Me: Why not when it's had two days to get there and you said it's on its way?

HMV: Well it is 24-48 hours for delivery (this expired this afternoon)

Me: ok then....

Should I just go to Tesco and if it ever arrives from HMV just send it back (and keep the mug? bwa ha ha)

Well they took money from me on tuesday evening - so where the flip is my game?

The problem I have is that while I can handle having to wait until release day (!) I doubt very much that it's going to arrive at all, here's why:

Earlier today

Me: Hello my tracking number doesn't work on your website

Parcelforce: That's because it's a royal mail (!) tracking number

Then...

Me: Hello, why is my game being sent via royal mail when i've payed you for premium delivery and you said on tuesday night it was on it's way via parcelforce?

HMV: Erm, well it was definately sent by parcelforce, they probably mean they haven't received the game at their 'hub' yet

Me: Why not when it's had two days to get there and you said it's on its way?

HMV: Well it is 24-48 hours for delivery (this expired this afternoon)

Me: ok then....

Should I just go to Tesco and if it ever arrives from HMV just send it back (and keep the mug? bwa ha ha)

to keep the mug send ur hmv copy back to tesco's!

Yes.

Perhaps they've taken money from my account to pay for your copy - that would certainly explain the double charge.

Well, thanks then! Maybe next year I'll be paying for yours!

Seriously though, are zavvi one of these companies that takes money once they know the item has been delivered or once it's been despatched?

Am i going to be getting an email telling me there's been a payment error soon? :(

Well, thanks then! Maybe next year I'll be paying for yours!

Seriously though, are zavvi one of these companies that takes money once they know the item has been delivered or once it's been despatched?

Am i going to be getting an email telling me there's been a payment error soon? :(

lol

Most, if not all, companies initialize payment once they have dispatched an item. My guess would be that they have yet to dispatch your copy, if they had dispatched it then you can be sure that they would've taken your money.

to keep the mug send ur hmv copy back to tesco's!

Would that work?!?!? Like the way you think though!

I got an email yesterday evening saying that it had been despatched though.

I don't think they would dispatch an item without initializing payment, mate.

I could be wrong. They've made mistakes with lots of customers so perhaps they've made a mistake with you, but with yours it looks like they've made the mistake in reverse! lol

Maybe its their Christmas present to you. ;)

I could be wrong. They've made mistakes with lots of customers so perhaps they've made a mistake with you, but with yours it looks like they've made the mistake in reverse! lol

Hopefully. Maybe it's just slow in showing up on my credit card. Sometimes it takes up to two days to appear on there, however its not normally that slow.

Anxious wait now! :p

yh i did it with asda last year! if they ask u lol just say got it as apresent for someones birthday but u found someone had bought it already lmao :D

Staff at ASDA's around the country will be puzzled as to why half the country's birthday falls on the 30th of October ;)

Ya if it gets delivered in time for xmas it will be an added bonus ;)

Hopefully. Maybe it's just slow in showing up on my credit card. Sometimes it takes up to two days to appear on there, however its not normally that slow.

Anxious wait now! :p

Ahh, so you have a credit card? That would explain it. Just give it a day or two. :)

lol Personally I'm going to wait till the third patch is released before playing 2010.

lol

Chances don't look good as the posties are apparently planning more strikes for next month.

I'm the bearer of good tidings, aren't I?

:p

I think you might get your hands on your game faster if you drive to their warehouse personally and demand the game instead of waiting for them to deliver :D

I think you might get your hands on your game faster if you drive to their warehouse personally and demand the game instead of waiting for them to deliver :D

I think you're right.

I could also take a foreign object, take all their stock, load up an empty sack and act like Santa.

Have you been good, little boy? :p

ive just had an email from zavvi!

We are sorry but due to a technical error the payment for your order may show on your payment card statement or account more than once. This has been investigated and can confirm that the subsequent charge that is showing will expire within 48 hours and you will only be charged once.

they have only taken it once, lol the first email ive had since it said dispatched

Ahh, so you have a credit card? That would explain it. Just give it a day or two. :)

lol Personally I'm going to wait till the third patch is released before playing 2010.

I'm in the same boat as Walker. Despatched the same time as his (as i remember from yesterday), got the email from zavvi saying it has been sent. Paid on debit card and everything usually shows on my online banking immediately. Nothing for this!

I can only speculate that maybe zavvis system messed up and charged some people multiples and others nothing perhaps?

I think you're right.

I could also take a foreign object, take all their stock, load up an empty sack and act like Santa.

Have you been good, little boy? :p

Me? I dunno about good but i've been smart by avoiding the pre-order saga and i'm waiting for the official release date where I can just walk into my local store and pick it up without pulling my hair out all week wondering whether i will get my game on time. But yes santa i would prefer a free copy through my chimney of course ;) make sure its after 12 though as i wont waant to be a naughty boy cheating the release date :p

ive just had an email from zavvi!

We are sorry but due to a technical error the payment for your order may show on your payment card statement or account more than once. This has been investigated and can confirm that the subsequent charge that is showing will expire within 48 hours and you will only be charged once.

they have only taken it once, lol the first email ive had since it said dispatched

This is getting ridiculous.

On one hand I feel sorry for them as they are pretty much dealing with an influx of nutters emailing them, ordering from them and pretty much begging them for FM2010, but on the other hand I don't like being charged double!

Me? I dunno about good but i've been smart by avoiding the pre-order saga and i'm waiting for the official release date where I can just walk into my local store and pick it up without pulling my hair out all week wondering whether i will get my game on time. But yes santa i would prefer a free copy through my chimney of course ;) make sure its after 12 though as i wont waant to be a naughty boy cheating the release date :p

lol

Personally I don't care when my copy arrives (I couldn't refuse £17.95) because I'll only be playing it once SI have released the third patch.

You want it through your chimney? Ok. But make sure it hasn't been sealed up, you wouldn't imagine how many items I've delivered are still stuck in someones blocked up chimney. :p

lol

Personally I don't care when my copy arrives (I couldn't refuse £17.95) because I'll only be playing it once SI have released the third patch.

You want it through your chimney? Ok. But make sure it hasn't been sealed up, you wouldn't imagine how many items I've delivered are still stuck in someones blocked up chimney. :p

That was a great price but then it went up? But they were still one of the cheapest i've seen. I like the idea of steam but unfortunately living in Ireland means that the price is fifty euro :confused: which is riddiculous. I'm happy paying 34 euro in my local store tomorrow. :thup: why do you not play until third patch?

i'm the same i have all the boxes on my shelf in my room lined up starting at cm03/04 to 09 and hopefully tomorrow i will have Fm10 next to it :D

i dont know buts it just when u get that game in ur hads, its like holding a new born baby you dont want drop it, lol and the new game smell of FM. my mate got his today from zavvi!!! i was gutted would of been online playing otherwise!

ive got them from champ manager 05.

That was a great price but then it went up? But they were still one of the cheapest i've seen. I like the idea of steam but unfortunately living in Ireland means that the price is fifty euro :confused: which is riddiculous. I'm happy paying 34 euro in my local store tomorrow. :thup: why do you not play until third patch?

fifty euros? I wonder what genius actually paid that. There's always one or two.

Generally I don't have a lot of time to play the game, so I only want to dedicate my time to it when it's as complete as it possibly could be. I know that they talk about patches being saved game compatible, but it's recommended that you start a new game.

So yeah, I want to play the game when it's as bug-free as possible.

i dont know buts it just when u get that game in ur hads, its like holding a new born baby you dont want drop it, lol and the new game smell of FM. my mate got his today from zavvi!!! i was gutted would of been online playing otherwise!

ive got them from champ manager 05.

Ya exactly :D boxed version every time :thup: there is just something special about holding the game in your hands for the first time :)

Did you have any problems with tracking numbers and such?

I dont think I even got a tracking number, just a confirmation email to tell me my game was purchased. I wasnt expecting it today due to the postal strike, so it was a great suprise

I don't suppose it will matter much, but for those who have theirs from Zavvi, was the package small enough to fit through a letterbox?

I'm just wondering whether to get up early tomorrow or not, in case it needs a signature etc (or if it can't fit through the door)

fifty euros? I wonder what genius actually paid that. There's always one or two.

Generally I don't have a lot of time to play the game, so I only want to dedicate my time to it when it's as complete as it possibly could be. I know that they talk about patches being saved game compatible, but it's recommended that you start a new game.

So yeah, I want to play the game when it's as bug-free as possible.

I really dont see why irish people should have to pay a lot more for a digital download? :( just over the water :rolleyes: i havent much time to play either i just love the days leading up to release date and always need to buy the new version

I don't suppose it will matter much, but for those who have theirs from Zavvi, was the package small enough to fit through a letterbox?

I'm just wondering whether to get up early tomorrow or not, in case it needs a signature etc (or if it can't fit through the door)

If you purchased yours through Zavvi then you don't have to sign.

sendit and shopto use recorded delivery, but not Zavvi/TheHut.

I really dont see why irish people should have to pay a lot more for a digital download? :( just over the water :rolleyes: i havent much time to play either i just love the days leading up to release date and always need to buy the new version

I think I began playing FM2009 last April.

Yep, I have patience.

If you purchased yours through Zavvi then you don't have to sign.

sendit and shopto use recorded delivery, but not Zavvi/TheHut.

Ok, great. I was thinking that was unlikely, but wanted to ask just in case.

As for it fitting through the letterbox......anyone?

Like I said, I'd like to know whether I'll have to be awake tomorrow to receive it, because if it doesn't fit, then postie (if I have one) will knock, so I'd rather not miss that.

Ok, great. I was thinking that was unlikely, but wanted to ask just in case.

As for it fitting through the letterbox......anyone?

Like I said, I'd like to know whether I'll have to be awake tomorrow to receive it, because if it doesn't fit, then postie (if I have one) will knock, so I'd rather not miss that.

Yeah, it will definitely fit through the letterbox.

The CM2010 one fits through the letterbox, and that's got a notebook and a pencil in it, so I'm confident that the FM2010 will do the same.

Archived