Postal Strikes, Orders Shipping, Steam, when will I get my game - OFFICIAL

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its the fact they posted it like Tuesday, Shopto customers had there copies on like a Wednesday, I think that says it all. Also I emailed them and they guaranteed me it would be delivered today, that email was sent on Tuesday.

Its the fact they posted it like Tuesday, Shopto customers had there copies on like a Wednesday, I think that says it all. Also I emailed them and they guaranteed me it would be delivered today, that email was sent on Tuesday.

Mine was posted on Tuesday or Wednesday night. It's the postal service's problem. Once it leaves Zavvi's hands, nothing they can do.

It does say 3-5 working days, therefore it's only been 2 if posted in the evening

Sadly I won't know till i get home tonight... I fear the game + mug combo will be too big to fit through my letter box and I would have to go and collect from Royal Mail depot, which probably wont be open tomorrow.

So my current plan is to go to GAME on my way home and get a 2nd copy - if i dont have to use it then i will leave it unopened as an xmas present for my old man or my best mate.

Still better than me. I am in Prague-CZ and I have no idea when I will get my pack.

Meanwhile, playing FM2009...

got mine from zavvi :D well done to them, i pre ordered on the 14th of september it sounds like people who preordered late will have to wait lol

I ordered mine from there on the 17th of September.. Still postman hasn't been :/

The only mistake they made was promising that it would be delivered on a certain date with the postal strikes. The slow delivery is not their fault.

If you want a game to be delivered on release date, then you have to use a service that guarantees release date delivery through first class/recorded delivery.

Common sense.

I'm currently annoyed with Parcel Force. According to their tracking service, my copy was delivered yesterday morning at 10:18. Problem is, I was in at that time and there was no delivery as far as I know.

Check their website if there is a tracking service

You may find a name on there that will be one of your neighbours

Once took me ages to figure out that Citylink had delivered to someone opposite me, but left no note or email

Wakers, I don't even know if I've had one round of post

Woke up at 10.45 and haven't heard anything at all.

May not have any post whatsoever, never mind the game

Me too mate. I looked down my street and the postman was across the street from mine (other side of a junction) and I just haven't seen him since then, we've had no post. I don't know if he's coming in the next hour or he's not doing our street or he came earlier and we didn't have any.

I just want to go out and by another copy but I don't think my mum and Dad will do it :(

Yeah, I'm not that desperate to have the game.

Sure it would be nice since I've got the day off uni, but I'm not bothered enough to go and buy a second copy. I'm sure I'll have it soon enough and in a few months time, the wait won't matter at all cos I'll have saved about £10

Check their website if there is a tracking service

You may find a name on there that will be one of your neighbours

Once took me ages to figure out that Citylink had delivered to someone opposite me, but left no note or email

I already have done. That's how I know it was supposedly delivered at 10:18. I've also phoned Parcel Force, and apparently GAME (who I ordered from) marked it as 'no signature required'. And, wouldn't you know it, the driver who 'delivered' it is on holiday today (probably on his copy of FM...). So now I'm probably not going to find out what happened to it until Monday, never mind get it. Plans for the weekend down the drain then...

(I'm considering sticking a note through all the other postboxes for the other flats in the block I live in, just in case it was put in the wrong box.)

Yea there's no rush for me to have it today either. I didn't get the 17.95 deal because I wanted to see what the demo was like before I ordered it. Still I got it for £23 which isn't bad at all - much better than going down to a store and paying nearer £30.

anyone else got theres from Amazon and got the game today ? Got the email throught yesterday at 3pm saying it has been dispatched through DHL

Exactly the same as you mate apart from mine was 4pm. Hopefully get it this afternoon at some point.

Not sure why i've been checking this thread all morning, like it can affect whether my game has arrived today or not. Perhaps I'm hoping my next door neighbour will come on the forum and tell me that he has seen the postman dropping a package from Zavvi through my letterbox. Its a bit of a long shot though. If it doesn't arrive I will have to make do with playing on Xwing: Collectors Edition which I reinstalled yesterday. Bit of a classic, and will occupy me until the wife comes home and nags me for not doing the washing up etc.

I don't see why so many people are slating Zavvi. You're getting the game £12 - £17 cheaper than on the high street, you're not paying for delivery, and yet somehow it's not good enough that you might have to wait an extra day or two for it to arrive. By the sound of things, lots of people have ordered the same game from Zavvi, which means they have to get on with packing a lot of items, get them shipped over from Jersey, then distributed to your local sorting office. These things take time, couple in the fact that the Postal Workers are busy striking and you can expect a few days delay in some cases. If Zavvi only receive their stock on Tuesday and ship it out on Wednesday, they've done everything they can to get your came to you as soon as is reasonably possible.

I'm still waiting for my amazon package as well, from citylink

it was apparently loaded onto the van for delivery this morning at 6.40 and I'm getting a bit twitchy now, wanted to play as much as I could before work tomorrow. Mind you, as long as it arrives some time today I'll be content.

Nothing today, so hoping for tomorrow.

Wouldn't be too hopeful, tomorrow is your local postman's day off... sorry I mean legitimate strike action over being asked to do their job... sorry I mean being given unfair working conditions, pay, and performance targets. Doubtful that you'll get any delivery tomorrow.

Wouldn't be too hopeful, tomorrow is your local postman's day off... sorry I mean legitimate strike action over being asked to do their job... sorry I mean being given unfair working conditions, pay, and performance targets. Doubtful that you'll get any delivery tomorrow.

The strike hasn't affected us so i am not sure. But i am trying to be positive :D

The strike hasn't affected us so i am not sure. But i am trying to be positive :D

Where are you based? The main reason the strike wont seem to have affected you is because post is still being delivered up until Saturday, it's other areas such as sorting offices that were on strike yesterday, so some items will have been held up for a day or two depending on how much backlog builds up, then on Saturday most people wont receive anything at all, not even those annoying bills or credit card application forms that always seem to be the only things to come when you're sat waiting for something exciting.

Well like the rest of people who pre-ordered it from Zavvi, still don't have the game either, postman's been and did get a letter from the bank but no game, got an email on Wednesday night saying that it had been shipped, money was took out of my account yesterday (though how they've taken payment from a cancelled debit card, god knows) but no game today.

Nice to see a little message in the email you get in the dispatched email saying "Here at Zavvi we are committed to getting products to you as quickly as possible. Over the period of the Royal Mail strikes we will be sending items out early where possible, to ensure you receive your orders as soon as possible.". If Zavvi are that committed then a different company should been used.

I know I'm having a go and yes it was cheaper and free delivery, but they knew that strikes where a possibility, so why didn’t they have a back up plan to get the game to their customers instead of potentially losing customers?

Anyone who has received their order from Zavvi, have you passed the barcode number on to Miles? I'm curious as to where they've come from now!

Please explain more, as I'm interested in what you mean.

Well like the rest of people who pre-ordered it from Zavvi, still don't have the game either, postman's been and did get a letter from the bank but no game, got an email on Wednesday night saying that it had been shipped, money was took out of my account yesterday (though how they've taken payment from a cancelled debit card, god knows) but no game today.

Nice to see a little message in the email you get in the dispatched email saying "Here at Zavvi we are committed to getting products to you as quickly as possible. Over the period of the Royal Mail strikes we will be sending items out early where possible, to ensure you receive your orders as soon as possible.". If Zavvi are that committed then a different company should been used.

I know I'm having a go and yes it was cheaper and free delivery, but they knew that strikes where a possibility, so why didn’t they have a back up plan to get the game to their customers instead of potentially losing customers?

Please explain more, as I'm interested in what you mean.

think miles wanted to know where their stock was coming from as it wasnt on his list. also would explain why it was so cheap

"they have to get on with packing a lot of items, get them shipped over from Jersey, then distributed to your local sorting office"

I don't feel Zavvi customers should feel for them as they have to pack items as that is what all suppliers do as it's their job. But I do agree that for the price that people are paying, added to the current situation with postage a few extra days aren't really going to hurt.

Well Zavvi have let me down to, despatched wednesday and noithing arrived today, not good enough Zavvi and i suspect next year you won't be getting as much business. Post office strike or not it should have arrived by today!

How can you say "post office strike or not" when that clearly DOES and WOULD affect deliveries? ;)

Apparently they got stock of the game on the 27th, what more can they do?

I don't feel Zavvi customers should feel for them as they have to pack items as that is what all suppliers do as it's their job. But I do agree that for the price that people are paying, added to the current situation with postage a few extra days aren't really going to hurt.

It's nothing to do with feeling sympathy towards them. There's a big difference between being sympathetic and being unreasonable. Yes, it's their job as a supplier, but if they only receive their stock on a Tuesday, and then have to unpack them, sort them, pack them up and ship them out, it's not too unreasonable that they only go out on Wednesday. As we all know, the sorting offices were on strike on Wednesday, so it would then only get out to the posties sometime on Thursday, which means the earliest they can possibly deliver is Friday, assuming that there isn't too much of a backlog or the item doesn't go missing in a Royal Mail sorting office. Had there been no strike action, I doubt we'd have had any problems with receiving our order on time. Unfortunately for us, there was a strike, but at £18 an item you can't really expect Zavvi to pay for a courier for each one. Up until Tuesday everyone was hopeful that the strike could be averted, so there wasn't really time to offer up any contingency plans such as allowing customers to pay for delivery.

Archived