[Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mate i downloaded it and tryed it in aFM10 Demo England Match more then 80, 000 seated i tested it and honestly... i was clapping on how good the sound of the match was it felt so realistic so great it the cheers ect the celebration's was fantastic lol , it felt very very Live and made me smile .even made me more excited to watch a full match or key ect then before , very great. Thank you for making this keep it up. :thup:

I have come across a small problem in a couple of matches where a warning box has flashed up with the message "MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION". Any ideas as to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Have to say this sound pack is excellent and really adds to the enjoyment of watching the match.

Many thanks for all your hard work putting this together

Cheers

I've had a look at the match_sounds.cfg file in the events folder and some of the entries in there aren't on their own line, including the SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION entry. I don't know if that is the cause of the problem, but I've corrected it in my file using Notepad.

I've had a look at the match_sounds.cfg file in the events folder and some of the entries in there aren't on their own line, including the SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION entry. I don't know if that is the cause of the problem, but I've corrected it in my file using Notepad.

how do you fix it ? can you show a print screen or something for match sounds .cfg in notepad .

Stupid question; I know. Does it make a difference which setting is toggled in the Sound Cache under the Display/Sound Tab in the Preferences screen? It is defaulted to 'Smart' and it also has the options of being switched to 'None' or 'All.' Anyway, thanks in advance.

Iv always just had sound turned off and listened to music whilst playing, but mainly because the match day sound is rubbish so this sounds great! Iv never used a sound pack before but Im downloading this now, will post feedback when here on what I think :)

I <3 your username.

Good afternoon my friends.

Firstly, sorry for my absence yesterday, got back a little late at night after celebrating our (real life) win over MK Dons at St. Mary's. ;)

Thank you all for your comments. I'm happy that you are enjoying the pack.

I'll get to your queries now:

Bennico, were you able to get the team chants to work?

From what I can tell, yes. At least, the Southampton one (713) works in my game, and as I've not come up against any of the other teams programmed in yet during pre-season, I can't say for 100% certain. I may need to play with it's selections chances slightly though.

I have come across a small problem in a couple of matches where a warning box has flashed up with the message "MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION". Any ideas as to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Have to say this sound pack is excellent and really adds to the enjoyment of watching the match.

Many thanks for all your hard work putting this together

Cheers

Hmm, that is a shame. It has not happened for me this time around, so I thought the issue had been eradicated. Can you give me a rough idea of how often it happens for you, and at what kind of times during the game?

I'm going away now this afternoon for school holidays with the kids, so unfortunately, cannot do any further testing until I return in a week or so. I will see if I can resolved it when I return.

Wow, really great pack. Could you provide an optional mirror? I seem to have problem with megaupload, it says that I've already downloaded 'xxx' mb even though I've not downloaded anything from there for at least the last 6 months...

That is strange, are you using any kind of proxy service, or perhaps Tor?

That's the only thing I can think of that may give you this kind of issue.

I wasn't planning on uploading to another host, as megaupload is where I have an account, and this year, I want to keep an easy track on the number of downloads. Though when I get back from my holiday, I will look at setting up an account at another host, so I can upload and still keep track of download numbers. I will link it when it's done.

A mod should stick this thread.

Lol, thanks. But seeing that I've never once even had any kind of comment from anyone at SI on my packs, I doubt you'll see it stickied anytime soon. To be honest, it's not really the kind of topic you'd expect to be stickied anyway, and it's pretty easy to find with a search for 'Sound Packs'. :)

Mate i downloaded it and tried it in aFM10 Demo England Match more then 80, 000 seated i tested it and honestly... i was clapping on how good the sound of the match was it felt so realistic so great it the cheers ect the celebration's was fantastic lol , it felt very very Live and made me smile .even made me more excited to watch a full match or key ect then before , very great. Thank you for making this keep it up.

Thank you, that is a nice feedback to hear.

Thinking back to how I frustratedly struggled over the celebrations for last year's pack, I too am very happy to have them working consistently. Lol, in testing when goals went in, I was cheering more for the celebrations working each time, than the actual goals themselves. :D

Thank you. They are not actually supposed be on separate lines, in the sense of hitting the return after a command. If you open in full notepad mode (rather than the small window), you should see that the way they're laid out, it is by 'tabs' at the end of a command string, which makes them appear on the next line. The ones on their own lines from the return key, are after a break/commented out key.

It is an annoying issue though, as I found with last years pack, and was unable to rectify it. Fortunately though, it did not occur very often for me. This year, I've not had it happen at all, hence my belief that it was fixed. I'll see what I can do when I return from holiday.

Stupid question; I know. Does it make a difference which setting is toggled in the Sound Cache under the Display/Sound Tab in the Preferences screen? It is defaulted to 'Smart' and it also has the options of being switched to 'None' or 'All.' Anyway, thanks in advance.

As I stated in the opening post, you'll want to have it set to play "all sounds".

Thanks again for all your feedback, I always appreciate it. :)

Currently, we're on 323 downloads, and the game isn't even out yet; so hopefully that will be set to rise further. I place a focus on that, only because whilst it is nice to have feedback, I appreciate that many people will not even be members here, and therefore downloading without comment; so keeping track of the download numbers gives me an idea of how popular the pack becomes each year.

I'll still be checking in whilst I'm away from home, but will be unable to work on any issues until I return.

I also notice I have a few PMs, I will respond to them shortly, before I leave.

Kind Regards,

Benn.

LOL benn i unstalled FM thinking i wont go on it again then i got bored and restored it, then all my files are gone , i did the same method ect but even if i put it in the right folders ect . the sound aint working like .. its not activating or somthing its not doing the sounds on the files in Default folder. its still doing the original sounds ( i shouldn't of unstalled FM)(im screaming with anger)

LOL benn i unstalled FM thinking i wont go on it again then i got bored and restored it, then all my files are gone , i did the same method ect but even if i put it in the right folders ect . the sound aint working like .. its not activating or somthing its not doing the sounds on the files in Default folder. its still doing the original sounds ( i shouldn't of unstalled FM)(im screaming with anger)

I just replied to your PM. :)

Hopefully that helps. Please let me know. I'll reply when I next can.

Top man Bennico. I'm downloading it now, even though I won't be able to install it for a while as I'm using the vanilla demo and the full game will take time to arrive here in Cambodia.

One question - I'm going to be creating a 10-tier league with me starting in the 10th level. Thus my crowds will likely be 10 men and a dog. Will your sounds make it seem like tens of thousands are there, or will it reflect the actual attendance?

Sorry guys I'm guessing I'm asking this in the wrong place but can anybody point me in the direction of a good commentary download, improving the standard SI in-match commentary? Just downloading the sounds now, should really add to the match atmosphere which has to be good

Cuzer

I've downloaded the sound pack, but i don't appear to have the folders you say i should put it in. I have gone through C drive, program files, sports interactive but the only folder there is 'uninstall football manager 2010' so i had a look in the steam folder and there was nothing in there which said data. I then thought i'd extract it to 'my documents, sports interactive, sounds. But none of the additional sounds are playing. The game is playing fine, but can't seem to find the folders. I installed a boxed copy of the game using steam

Fantastic job.

Been hoping for something like this on fm10.

Top man!

I have no data file where you said and i looked in my documents and there is still no data file. Any suggestions?

Never mind ,i just read macon's info.

Thanks again.

Good Attempt mate,

Not as good as the one i made for FM08. I had over 500 chants for specific teams and also player chants aswell. Sadly i got a new computer and lost all the files but it was sooo popular that everyone want me to do one for FM09 but i just don;'t have the time or ambition to do it again. I am also now a dad so i can't devote another 40hours to update hundreds of files and configs.

I would never say never about doing another one tho.

If you want help or advice then please drop me a pm and i will do my best to help you.

Good luck - make sure you expand on this because people do get bored so you need to keep it fresh. It does get boring doing it after a while and it is not as easy as people think.

Hi, just a quick note to say sorry I've been unable to be here during the last week.

As you know, I was away on holiday (got back tonight), but unfortunately, I did not have an internet connection where I was, which was unexpected.

I will respond to you all tomorrow, as it is late here now, and I'm still trying to figure out why my nice shiny new copy of FM2010 I bought this evening, will not load a new game with my first Editor file, lol. :)

I'll respond to PMs tomorrow too.

Thanks for all your feedback.

Benn.

Archived