[Released] FM2010 Sound Pack

I still have to give this sound pack a try ( cause I don't have the game yet ) but I am under the impression that's a masterpiece to be sold separately at £ 12.99 each box.

You , author, are a talented ********* thank you so much mate, really thank you so much and keep up the good work !!!!!

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whitecube, a very appropriate screenshot of Stephen Carr :D

any chance you might be adding some more foreign chants to the pack? It's great but a bit strange when my Fiorentina fans are chanting "You're not singing any more" :D

can anyone help? i don't seem to have a data folder in steam?
Can anyone help with this? do i just created a data folder if i don't have one?

Cheers.

Sorry to be a pain but can anyone help please??

This pack sound great and i would like to use it but i'm a little stupid and need help lol:D

This pack sound great and i would like to use it but i'm a little stupid and need help lol:D

Steam\SteamApps\common\football manager 2010\data

If you found your Steam folder you should be able to follow this path.

Can anyone help with this? do i just created a data folder if i don't have one?

Cheers.

Can anyone help please i'm a bit stuck

Ok, back to 'work' then.

Firstly, with so many replies since I was last here, I won't have time to respond to each one, but I do want you to know that all of your kind comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.

Top man Bennico. I'm downloading it now, even though I won't be able to install it for a while as I'm using the vanilla demo and the full game will take time to arrive here in Cambodia.

One question - I'm going to be creating a 10-tier league with me starting in the 10th level. Thus my crowds will likely be 10 men and a dog. Will your sounds make it seem like tens of thousands are there, or will it reflect the actual attendance?

In theory, no; the Pack's sounds do not know to adjust themselves for level of attendance. That kind of hardcoding is only possible for SI to implement, and is not something that can be covered by the scope of this pack.

However, SI's hardcoding does indeed try to adjust the volume depending upon attendance. In effect, what this means, is that whilst the sound pack's volume will adjust itself in accordance with the game's preset volumes, it will just sound like the same crowd, with the volume turned down.

is there "im forever blowing bubbles" ?

No, there is not. I can only implement the sounds that I have at my disposal.

If you have Steam, the 'events' and 'sounds' folders go in

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2010\data

Thank you Macon. All members who have enquired about the Data folder location using steam, should refer themselves to this reply.

Match commentary would be nice. Any plans for that?

Indeed it would. But that is beyond the scope of my limited skills at this point.

Hello,

can anyone who is using this pack tell me what sort of impact it has on match performance? My computer is on the slow side as it is and I don't know if adding additional sounds would tip it over the edge on match days!

I cannot see it having any major impact. I'm on a system that just about scrapes by in 2d, on a single core processor, and the sound pack works fine for me.

does it matter what league your playing in?? im Bayern M

and iv not noticed any difference at all since installing it.....

is it mainly an English leagues update??

If you've installed it into the correct location, and taken into account the reasons given in the opening post that will affect what sounds you hear, then no, it will not matter what league you're playing in. Well, apart from hearing English songs in the Allianz Arena of course.

Is there any way i can remove the sound with the drums? its killin my ears.

Yes.

Open the 'Default' folder in the 'Sounds' folder, and then delete the following wav file:

-- FM_crowd_european

Then go into the 'Events' folder, and open the 'Match Sounds' file in notepad; and then delete the command strings:

-- SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_crowd_european", 0, 4, 2, 0

-- SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION_OPPOSITION, "FM_crowd_european", 0, 4, 2, 0

If you do it correctly, that should remove the sound from your game.

"MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION"

Just had that error, looking forward to a fix for it!

I will refer all comments regarding the above error, to this reply:

Unfortunately, in last season's pack, this was a relatively uncommon, but nonetheless annoying thing, when it occurred. It did not happen for me often, but when it did, it was always at the end of a game, and whilst frustrating, it never caused the game to crash. Just had to click the warning away. Unfortunately, I could not find a way to fix it, whatever I tried.

This year, so far, it has not occurred for me, hence my previous belief that it was fixed. Clearly, that is not the case, as some of you are experiencing it again.

I will see what I can do, but unless I get the error again myself, it will be difficult for me to work on a fix, as currently for me, it is not 'broken'.

Can't promise anything, but will do my best. Though unfortunately, it may come down to how much you enjoy the benefits of the pack, and if you consider they outweigh the slight frustration of having to click that warning away a few times at the end of a game, every now and then.

Please remember, that I am far from being a 'professional' at this, and am just doing the best I can, with my limited knowledge.

I have to pay to download this, why??? You have a file which in order to download you have to subscribe to MEGAUPLOAD and pay a subscription, I ain't paying for this. If there is another way to get it free, I'm all ears

Lol, I don't blame you. I wouldn't pay to download it either. That is why I would recommend that you simply use the free download button underneath the Premium one instead. :p

Good Attempt mate,

Not as good as the one i made for FM08. I had over 500 chants for specific teams and also player chants aswell. Sadly i got a new computer and lost all the files but it was sooo popular that everyone want me to do one for FM09 but i just don;'t have the time or ambition to do it again. I am also now a dad so i can't devote another 40hours to update hundreds of files and configs.

Lol, thanks. I am sure that you did not mean for your post to sound quite as condescending as it did. ;)

As I recall, you made a post asking if anyone wanted you to make a new pack for FM09, and lots of people said that they did. Then you failed to return, and never told anyone why (until now). Hence, we had a situation where, when I purchased the game in February, we still had no sound pack at all, for 09. I found the sounds in the game to be very disappointing, and set about looking for a pack. That's when I came across your old thread.

As no-one else had made a pack, I did the best I could, to at least put together something I felt was an improvement on the poor sounds shipped with the game. I decided I had indeed improved upon them, and so released the pack for anyone else who wanted to use it. But, it's strictly 'as seen'. I make no pretense at being particularly good at this, but as I'm the only one volunteering to make a sound pack right now, I guess we're stuck with my inferior efforts until someone better comes along. :)

I would never say never about doing another one tho.

If you want help or advice then please drop me a pm and i will do my best to help you.

Good luck - make sure you expand on this because people do get bored so you need to keep it fresh. It does get boring doing it after a while and it is not as easy as people think.

Thanks. If you have any suggestions on the 'light groans' error some people get from time to time, I would appreciate any advice you may have.

As for expanding upon my work, this is very unlikely.

I too have a family to look after, and job to attend, so have very limited time for even playing the game, let alone making a sound pack. At the end of the day, I make this pack for my own enjoyment, using my limited skills and time; and then offer it to anyone else who feels it is an improvement on the sounds that SI provide.

If anyone is bored by it, I would welcome them to spend their time creating a better one. It shouldn't be too difficult. ;)

Does it work with the demo? Probably a stupid question.

If you read the opening post, your question is covered there.

I still have to give this sound pack a try ( cause I don't have the game yet ) but I am under the impression that's a masterpiece to be sold separately at £ 12.99 each box.

You , author, are a talented ********* thank you so much mate, really thank you so much and keep up the good work !!!!!

I'm probably misreading you, but if not; no. The pack is free of charge. And thank you for your kind feedback.

whitecube, a very appropriate screenshot of Stephen Carr

any chance you might be adding some more foreign chants to the pack? It's great but a bit strange when my Fiorentina fans are chanting "You're not singing any more"

I would have done so, but was unsure of the correct coding to implement the ones I have, other than putting them in with the 'Team Chant' command string. Unfortunately, I simply did not have the free time to do so.

Can anyone help please i'm a bit stuck

If the previous advice from those who use steam does not work for you, I'm afraid that short of suggesting you look in the locations given in the opening post, I'm unable to assist you further, as I've never used steam, so do not know where else you might look. Sorry.

That brings me up to date with my replies for now.

Thanks again to all who've taken the time to offer your feedback. It is much appreciated.

Currently, we're on 1232 downloads so far, so hopefully that means alot of people are enjoying the sounds.

Kind Regards,

Benn.

I couldn't be bothered with an FM09 Soundpack mainly because i never played it as i thought it was so much like 08 i got bored. Now it is new and fresh i might do a pack or an addon for your pack if given permission. This is not a yes tho so i may do another FM09 thing - (dissapear) lol.

Good work mate and i am sure lots of people will be happy. Regarding the error people are getting - i do not have a clue.

It sounds as if it is a Config Command String that is wrongly typed or placed - having just looked at the match_sounds config in Notepad i can confirm the error:

"MATCH_SOUNDS:: play()-Unrecognised sound id string-SOUND-LIGHT_GROANS-OPPOSITION"

Is because the Command String is NOT on its own line, they are side-by-side. This can cause errors, i noticed a few command lines are side-by-side, these must be on top of each other like:

SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS, "FM_crowd_light_groans", 0, 1, 2, 0

SOUND_LIGHT_GROANS_OPPOSITION, "FM_crowd_light_groans", 0, 4, 2, 0

Do this for ALL match_sounds in the config file that appear side-by-side. This should stop any errors poping up.

I couldn't be bothered with an FM09 Soundpack mainly because i never played it as i thought it was so much like 08 i got bored. Now it is new and fresh i might do a pack or an addon for your pack if given permission. This is not a yes tho so i may do another FM09 thing - (dissapear) lol.

Good work mate and i am sure lots of people will be happy. Regarding the error people are getting - i do not have a clue.

It sounds as if it is a Config Command String that is wrongly typed or placed - having just looked at the match_sounds config in Notepad i can confirm the error:

Is because the Command String is NOT on its own line, they are side-by-side. This can cause errors, i noticed a few command lines are side-by-side, these must be on top of each other like:

Do this for ALL match_sounds in the config file that appear side-by-side. This should stop any errors poping up.

Ok, back to 'work' then.

Firstly, with so many replies since I was last here, I won't have time to respond to each one, but I do want you to know that all of your kind comments are very much appreciated. Thank you.

In theory, no; the Pack's sounds do not know to adjust themselves for level of attendance. That kind of hardcoding is only possible for SI to implement, and is not something that can be covered by the scope of this pack.

However, SI's hardcoding does indeed try to adjust the volume depending upon attendance. In effect, what this means, is that whilst the sound pack's volume will adjust itself in accordance with the game's preset volumes, it will just sound like the same crowd, with the volume turned down.

No, there is not. I can only implement the sounds that I have at my disposal.

Thank you Macon. All members who have enquired about the Data folder location using steam, should refer themselves to this reply.

Indeed it would. But that is beyond the scope of my limited skills at this point.

I cannot see it having any major impact. I'm on a system that just about scrapes by in 2d, on a single core processor, and the sound pack works fine for me.

If you've installed it into the correct location, and taken into account the reasons given in the opening post that will affect what sounds you hear, then no, it will not matter what league you're playing in. Well, apart from hearing English songs in the Allianz Arena of course.

Yes.

Open the 'Default' folder in the 'Sounds' folder, and then delete the following wav file:

-- FM_crowd_european

Then go into the 'Events' folder, and open the 'Match Sounds' file in notepad; and then delete the command strings:

-- SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION, "FM_crowd_european", 0, 4, 2, 0

-- SOUND_LIGHT_ANTICIPATION_OPPOSITION, "FM_crowd_european", 0, 4, 2, 0

If you do it correctly, that should remove the sound from your game.

I will refer all comments regarding the above error, to this reply:

Unfortunately, in last season's pack, this was a relatively uncommon, but nonetheless annoying thing, when it occurred. It did not happen for me often, but when it did, it was always at the end of a game, and whilst frustrating, it never caused the game to crash. Just had to click the warning away. Unfortunately, I could not find a way to fix it, whatever I tried.

This year, so far, it has not occurred for me, hence my previous belief that it was fixed. Clearly, that is not the case, as some of you are experiencing it again.

I will see what I can do, but unless I get the error again myself, it will be difficult for me to work on a fix, as currently for me, it is not 'broken'.

Can't promise anything, but will do my best. Though unfortunately, it may come down to how much you enjoy the benefits of the pack, and if you consider they outweigh the slight frustration of having to click that warning away a few times at the end of a game, every now and then.

Please remember, that I am far from being a 'professional' at this, and am just doing the best I can, with my limited knowledge.

Lol, I don't blame you. I wouldn't pay to download it either. That is why I would recommend that you simply use the free download button underneath the Premium one instead. :p

Lol, thanks. I am sure that you did not mean for your post to sound quite as condescending as it did. ;)

As I recall, you made a post asking if anyone wanted you to make a new pack for FM09, and lots of people said that they did. Then you failed to return, and never told anyone why (until now). Hence, we had a situation where, when I purchased the game in February, we still had no sound pack at all, for 09. I found the sounds in the game to be very disappointing, and set about looking for a pack. That's when I came across your old thread.

As no-one else had made a pack, I did the best I could, to at least put together something I felt was an improvement on the poor sounds shipped with the game. I decided I had indeed improved upon them, and so released the pack for anyone else who wanted to use it. But, it's strictly 'as seen'. I make no pretense at being particularly good at this, but as I'm the only one volunteering to make a sound pack right now, I guess we're stuck with my inferior efforts until someone better comes along. :)

Thanks. If you have any suggestions on the 'light groans' error some people get from time to time, I would appreciate any advice you may have.

As for expanding upon my work, this is very unlikely.

I too have a family to look after, and job to attend, so have very limited time for even playing the game, let alone making a sound pack. At the end of the day, I make this pack for my own enjoyment, using my limited skills and time; and then offer it to anyone else who feels it is an improvement on the sounds that SI provide.

If anyone is bored by it, I would welcome them to spend their time creating a better one. It shouldn't be too difficult. ;)

If you read the opening post, your question is covered there.

I'm probably misreading you, but if not; no. The pack is free of charge. And thank you for your kind feedback.

I would have done so, but was unsure of the correct coding to implement the ones I have, other than putting them in with the 'Team Chant' command string. Unfortunately, I simply did not have the free time to do so.

If the previous advice from those who use steam does not work for you, I'm afraid that short of suggesting you look in the locations given in the opening post, I'm unable to assist you further, as I've never used steam, so do not know where else you might look. Sorry.

That brings me up to date with my replies for now.

Thanks again to all who've taken the time to offer your feedback. It is much appreciated.

Currently, we're on 1232 downloads so far, so hopefully that means alot of people are enjoying the sounds.

Kind Regards,

Benn.

Ok no problem. Thanks for at least replying mate, maybe i should just create a data folder because i can't find one in my steam folder or the football manager one.

Bennico,

Could you let me know the software you are using to record, edit and save the wav files? I used to use a program on my old PC called Total Recorder but it doesn't work with my laptop soundcard for some weird reason. If you can inform me of something i could use then i will do an addon pack for your soundpacks.

@HonkyDick - You are welcome.

Thank you for the wonderful sound pack.

Can you confirm if you have changed anything on the events.cfg file compared to the original one?

Is it only sound descriptions or anything on match commentary?

Thanks

• SI Staff

I just wanted the poke my head in here and thank the OP for his work on the sound package. These kinds of efforts are great about the FM community :thup:

Btw, we're looking into adding support for multiple chants for individual teams for the next patch, so you can expand the sound packs to feature not just one chant per team but multiple different ones.

Excellent, thank you very much n0va; as HonkyDick has stated your fix worked, I'll take that as fact until I hear otherwise. :)

That is the only thing I did not try, as I was reliably informed when creating my original pack last year (by someone here who knows a lot about editing) that I should not have command strings on separate lines unless after a '#' commented out line. Lol.

Brilliant sound patch.

Only issue is sometimes the sound of the PA announcement is just WAY too loud in an empty stadium, which is followed by a huge roar.

Seems well out of place and should be quieted down a little.

Thanks. As for the PA, I agree with you, that it sounds too loud during pre-season, though I've tried turning it down, and then it's too quiet during the season when the attendances rise. So I had to make a choice, and decided to put up with it during pre-season, so I can hear the PA better during the season, when it counts.

Bennico,

Could you let me know the software you are using to record, edit and save the wav files? I used to use a program on my old PC called Total Recorder but it doesn't work with my laptop soundcard for some weird reason. If you can inform me of something i could use then i will do an addon pack for your soundpacks.

I have used a programme called 'Audacity' up until now. It is limited in places, but on the whole, has served me well.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

However, I've recently had my attention turned toward a programme called 'GoldWave':

www.goldwave.com/

I've not had the chance to actually try it out yet, but it certainly looks much more sophisticated than Audacity, in my personal opinion.

Thank you for the wonderful sound pack.

Can you confirm if you have changed anything on the events.cfg file compared to the original one?

Thanks

You are welcome.

Yes. I have changed pretty much most of it.

I just wanted the poke my head in here and thank the OP for his work on the sound package. These kinds of efforts are great about the FM community :thup:

Btw, we're looking into adding support for multiple chants for individual teams for the next patch, so you can expand the sound packs to feature not just one chant per team but multiple different ones.

Thank you very much Riz.

You're the first person from SI to actually offer any kind of comment regarding my Sound Packs, so that means a lot to me. :)

And great news on the patch, thank you.

anyone would help to upload the file to another site?quite a few people here cant open the site...

Joe, as I said to you in my PM, I will do so myself, just as soon as I have the available free time. I want to do it myself, so that I can keep track of the number of downloads, so please just remain patient with me until my day off on Saturday, and hopefully I'll find some time then. Thank you. :)

And my thanks also for all the other kind feedback since my last post. It is always much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Benn.

That's great news Riz. Are you guys going to provide any type of tutorial or instructions for dealing with sounds?

• SI Staff
That's great news Riz. Are you guys going to provide any type of tutorial or instructions for dealing with sounds?

There isn't a special tutorial but the match_sounds.cfg file itself has comments in it about the use of the sounds files and those will be updated to include the usage info for multiple chants for individual teams.

Thanks for your work Bennico, normally play with sound off, or with a CD in a background cos I wasn't a fan of the default sounds. But yours definately adds to the matchday atmosphere.

btw I had the light groans error too, about 10 times towards the end of the match, but the fix mentioned above fixed it so thanks to nova too.

There isn't a special tutorial but the match_sounds.cfg file itself has comments in it about the use of the sounds files and those will be updated to include the usage info for multiple chants for individual teams.

Maybe a little explaination in a readme file to go along with it would be nice. I've tried some of the things in the cfg file and they don't seem to work. Atleast not in FM09. Like adding team chants.

the test button doesn't work, just make sure the Play sounds is checked, and that All sounds is selected then once you get into a match everything is fine.

in match there is no sound, but i get the message . error SOUND_LIGHT_CROWD or something like that.

Would it not be a good idea to replace the download with the working version so that everyone that downloads does not need to waste time reading about and then fixing the downloaded file?

Im with you on this, could somebody kind enough that knows what they are doing post a fixed file please. i would do it myself but ill probably make it worse :p

Im with you on this, could somebody kind enough that knows what they are doing post a fixed file please. i would do it myself but ill probably make it worse :p

Okay, guys I'm not 100% sure that this fixes the problem, but it should. I followed Nova's instructions on correcting the error (I only moved each 'sound file reference' to its own line) and uploaded it for anyone who wants it.

You can find the file for download here: [url=]http://www.4shared.com/file/154674186/b4527374/match_sounds_fixed_.html[/url]

Let me know whether it works for you or not.. :)

Btw, you need to use Winrar or any similiar application to extract the file.

Kind Regards

Albert

Would it not be a good idea to replace the download with the working version so that everyone that downloads does not need to waste time reading about and then fixing the downloaded file?

That would be a fantastic idea! I can't believe it never occurred to me! :rolleyes:

A close member of my family has spent the last month seriously ill in intensive care, but I really should sort my priorities out and get back to the sound pack, then no one would have to waste their time reading the topic for a fix to this life altering critical error.

In the small amounts of time I've had free to play the game lately, I have also noticed a few tweaks I wish to make to a couple of the sounds, and I will fix the issue you mention (which incidentally has still not even occurred for me yet) for Version 2, which will be released as soon as I can find the time, between work and family commitments.

Thank you. :)

Bennico,

I wish your family member all the best he can have for the next future. That's the main priority.

Then I would like to thank you immensely for your gorgeous sound pack that doubles de facto the value of FM10.

See you soon

Archived