Strikers score too little, too much struggling away, matches just look scripted

Although this game has some advantages such as better development of young players, the gameplay itself is much worse than before.

Strikers score too little. I don't know about others, but for me the more interesting part of the game is to see if a striker can have more goals than performances, but in a realistic ratio. It's impossible on FM 24. It seems to me that the dispersion of goals among the players is too larget. Maybe it's more realistic, but it's not fun.

There is too much struggling away from home. That's why sometimes the matches seem scripted, it's simply harder to win. I see that it has no effect on the final ranking because it is the same with AI, it seems SI simply reduced the corpus of matches that are won in a  season. Maybe that is more realistic, but the performance itself in practice is somehow not playable. As if the charm had been lost. 

Do you think SI will improve all this in the next patch?

The game has many other flaws, such as team development by AI, too high values for players, boring interactions within game etc. But this that I named directly affects the gameplay, simply the impression of FM 22 and FM 23 was somehow more interesting. All of what I am stating is especially noticeable when playing for several seasons...

Sometimes I wonder on scripted games: no matter what tweaks and instructions I make, I often suffer a goal from weaker teams in the first 10 minutes and then I comeback with several goals after the 90 minute mark! Incredible...

It feels that Away games are slightly more difficult, but I can't tell for sure.

47 minutes ago, phd_angel said:

Sometimes I wonder on scripted games: no matter what tweaks and instructions I make, I often suffer a goal from weaker teams in the first 10 minutes and then I comeback with several goals after the 90 minute mark! Incredible...

It feels that Away games are slightly more difficult, but I can't tell for sure.

Away games are more difficult in real life too. This year is much better in terms of not having your entire team nerfed for playing away though. There were about 50 goals a year missing last year from away teams in the top leagues. Routinely saw Liverpool, City, Real Madrid and Barca conceding fewer than 10 goals a year at home. That's been done maybe twice in the past decade but it would be an every year occurrence in the game.

As far as goals from weaker teams it certainly feels like sometimes they are much more clinical than bigger clubs. It can be a slog sometimes to get a breakthrough only to watch you team get carved open like a christmas turkey on the next highlight. But if you watched Liverpool v Burnley on Boxing Day I'm sure Klopp was one of us. Hopefully they'll patch it for him after the winter transfer window :)

9 hours ago, flauta kicma said:

Strikers score too little. I don't know about others, but for me the more interesting part of the game is to see if a striker can have more goals than performances, but in a realistic ratio. It's impossible on FM 24. It seems to me that the dispersion of goals among the players is too larget. Maybe it's more realistic, but it's not fun.

There is too much struggling away from home. That's why sometimes the matches seem scripted, it's simply harder to win. I see that it has no effect on the final ranking because it is the same with AI, it seems SI simply reduced the corpus of matches that are won in a  season. Maybe that is more realistic, but the performance itself in practice is somehow not playable. As if the charm had been lost. 

Do you think SI will improve all this in the next patch?

As much as some of the game still needs improvement, absolutely nothing that you have perceived above needs to be. 

Plenty of people (including myself) have had strikers score bags of goals.

Away matches will generally be harder to win than home matches. That's what happens. Home advantage is a big thing in real life too.

And no, it's not scripted. For the gazillionth time. 

Anther one who writes about it being scripted? Just posted in the feedback thread, but here is the same one about what SI have said about the game being scripted:

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

As much as some of the game still needs improvement, absolutely nothing that you have perceived above needs to be. 

Plenty of people (including myself) have had strikers score bags of goals.

Away matches will generally be harder to win than home matches. That's what happens. Home advantage is a big thing in real life too.

And no, it's not scripted. For the gazillionth time. 

The difference between you and me is that I clearly emphasize that in my case it is an impression, and you take your impression as a well-known fact.

I'm not saying that away games have to be easier, I'm not saying that you shouldn't balance things with goal scorers, but it should be done effectively and playfully. SI doesn't do that, it messes with areas that were playable in the last edition of the game. If I buy Endrick for 100 mililions and he scores 3 in 10, and I have all wins, than something is screwed.

I'm not saying that the game is literally scripted, but it gives that impression. So it is same like the same is really scripted. 

I will put it in binary way for you to better understand - the game is scripted and SI ruined one of the fun aspects of the game.

1 hour ago, flauta kicma said:

I will put it in binary way for you to better understand - the game is scripted and SI ruined one of the fun aspects of the game.

Dragan.thumb.png.a709ff941c56ca90b388e235647772e1.png

My player came to me in game, and told me that he loved the hollywood script he was in, where he was playing for a team he loved and a manager he respected. I was really surprised with that "scripted" interaction. The next thing I know he's banging in hattricks for fun.  I tried signing Endrick, he just refused to play for my side, believed he was too good for us. Thank goodness Dragan was following another script.
Dragan2.thumb.png.9f2bfa4af75f7b194a3929144f11a99d.png

Yeah we did receive a script to play gegenpressing, but we chucked that to play a possession based game centred around Hold Shape, which our dragon absolutely loved. There's a little twist to our script, the transfer window is opening, and I suspect Real Madrid are coming in for a 300million offer.

The difference between you and me is that I clearly emphasize that in my case it is an impression, and you take your impression as a well-known fact.

And he makes the jump, can he stick the landing?

Oh no...

Man ive played 4 seasons in game and every single one of them my striker was the leading scorer with 20+ goals. My CM leading assistman with 10+. 

road games? Yes theyre harder. THEY SHOULD BE. Yet, on the current season I have a much better record away than at home. 

people love to take the trials and tribulations they face thruout a season and turn them into absolute truths on the game. 

2 hours ago, flauta kicma said:

I'm not saying that away games have to be easier, I'm not saying that you shouldn't balance things with goal scorers, but it should be done effectively and playfully. SI doesn't do that, it messes with areas that were playable in the last edition of the game. If I buy Endrick for 100 mililions and he scores 3 in 10, and I have all wins, than something is screwed.

I'm not saying that the game is literally scripted, but it gives that impression. So it is same like the same is really scripted. 

Endrick scored less than 15 goals in over 60 games in brazil what are you talking about? You think he should come to europe and bag 20 for u right away? Hes not even a natural striker. Vini Jr for comparison had 7 goals in his first 67 games for Madrid. 

Nothing wrong with this part of the game imo. Playing positive mentalities away from home can be less rewarding because the home team tend to be more on the front foot. Loose passes are more likely to be punished than they would when you play at home when opposition are more likely to be sat back.

2 hours ago, flauta kicma said:

Sorry but you come across as a bit of a moaner. Buying Endrick for 100 million guarantees nothing. There are numerous reasons why he's 'only' scored 3 in 10 and they're probably  down to your management.

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

Dragan.thumb.png.a709ff941c56ca90b388e235647772e1.png

My player came to me in game, and told me that he loved the hollywood script he was in, where he was playing for a team he loved and a manager he respected. I was really surprised with that "scripted" interaction. The next thing I know he's banging in hattricks for fun.  I tried signing Endrick, he just refused to play for my side, believed he was too good for us. Thank goodness Dragan was following another script.
Dragan2.thumb.png.9f2bfa4af75f7b194a3929144f11a99d.png

Yeah we did receive a script to play gegenpressing, but we chucked that to play a possession based game centred around Hold Shape, which our dragon absolutely loved. There's a little twist to our script, the transfer window is opening, and I suspect Real Madrid are coming in for a 300million offer.

When you repeat the word "scripted" ironically so many times, it gives off nothing but the impression of a fanboy defending his favorite game. Of course you have that right, but to me it gives the impression of those guys who so vigorously defend their iPhone or Samsung.

Obviously there are some words that are off limits, and "scripted" is one of them. I remember that before the moderators would rebel at the words that the "AI breaks the tactics", so they would explain that it is not like that, but that it adapts because that is real life. So where is the difference?! I don't care what the reason is! I'm talking about the impression that remains.

That is I don't care at all if it's scripted or not, I care that it's fun and that it's smooth in important aspects. Make it scripted, but make it fun. The way it is now, it's not fun.

All of that in my opinion.

P.S.
I won four titles in a row, so it won't really be up to my management. That's why it bothers me, if I don't win titles, it would be something else.  But neverming about the reasons, obviously at this stage I only expect more ironic 

1 hour ago, forameuss said:

And he makes the jump, can he stick the landing?

Oh no...

1) I wrote that you are taking personal impression as a well-known fact

2) Imitating your style, I deliberately wrote that it is scripted if we take into account the "binary conclusion that you are doing", making it clear how wrong it is to present your impression as a well-known fact

But you are so ignorant and so incapable of thinking to understand it

1) I wrote that you are taking personal impression as a well-known fact

2) Imitating your style, I deliberately wrote that it is scripted if we take into account the "binary conclusion that you are doing", making it clear how wrong it is to present your impression as a well-known fact

But you are so ignorant and so incapable of thinking to understand it

I've at least mastered realising who it was I was originally replying to, so I've got that going for me.  And I've even got a basic understanding of what a "fact" is.  Levels you're seemingly struggling to reach. You'd have thought Endrick could've done that for you if you've paid so much money.

1 hour ago, enigmatic said:

Nah mate, you only won those because it was scripted...

Game is good when you win. :brock: ...and it's not good when things don't go well according to your plan - then it's scripted and need higher conversation rate for strikers. :onmehead::D

3 hours ago, flauta kicma said:

When you repeat the word "scripted" ironically so many times, it gives off nothing but the impression of a fanboy defending his favorite game. Of course you have that right, but to me it gives the impression of those guys who so vigorously defend their iPhone or Samsung.

You are so sensitive. tsk tsk

Im still LMAO at being upset endrick only has 3 goals in 10 games when thats actually BETTER than the rate hes scored at in brazil, and on top of that u have to add him moving to a european club where the battle for mins is even harder. Lol imagine thinking the game is broken because endrick has 3 goals in 10 games, when he has 15 for his entire career so far. 

Away matches just aren't fun, you see your players be unable to kick a ball, an increase in red cards and the giving away of pens, apparently when its a A instead of a H the ball is made of concrete for you but not the AI and when they just decide they want to score with 15 minutes to go you as the player are powerless no matter what changes you make.
Almost as realistic as Zidane always going to an English team despite his IRL refusal to learn English or go to England, also AI still don't develop players.

17 hours ago, Dadecane said:

Im still LMAO at being upset endrick only has 3 goals in 10 games when thats actually BETTER than the rate hes scored at in brazil, and on top of that u have to add him moving to a european club where the battle for mins is even harder. Lol imagine thinking the game is broken because endrick has 3 goals in 10 games, when he has 15 for his entire career so far. 

Example of Endrick is only paradigm. :)

And thanks to all for feedback. Altough I do not agree with most of posters, there is no hard feelings. I hope that I will also see the positives that you see in the game and that it will be fun for me also.

Imagine thinking the game is scripted, and therefore anything you achieve in game is never down to your own ability and judgement. It's just the game scripted to give you a league trophy, CL trophy etc. 

Must be pretty tragic when you watch a good sequence of play, a striker you spotted at 18 and brought through carefully developing them scores the CL final winning game, and its only because the game scripted you to win that match. Personally, I don't like to put what I achieve and succeed at in the game onto SI having scripted it. 

On 31/12/2023 at 06:32, santy001 said:

Imagine thinking the game is scripted, and therefore anything you achieve in game is never down to your own ability and judgement. It's just the game scripted to give you a league trophy, CL trophy etc. 

Must be pretty tragic when you watch a good sequence of play, a striker you spotted at 18 and brought through carefully developing them scores the CL final winning game, and its only because the game scripted you to win that match. Personally, I don't like to put what I achieve and succeed at in the game onto SI having scripted it. 

Lol.

SI clearly need to hire better scriptwriters, because I am getting tired of 0-0 draws and finishing mid table. :lol:

6 hours ago, Kickballz said:

Lol.

SI clearly need to hire better scriptwriters, because I am getting tired of 0-0 draws and finishing mid table. :lol:

Yeah, I just bought the "Lower leagues to Champions League script pack". It's a new DLC, not too expensive, check it out.

The problem is that it's not always clear or intuitive why things happen. The match engine isn't perfect, which is fine, but sometimes it does feel like it's out to get you for no reason, like your cohesive team who've been playing 433 and winning all season suddenly can't pass the ball without giving it away, or every shot hitting the cross bar. And then you change one thing, like an IW(s) into and IF(s) and it all seems to be 'fixed'.

Often times the same thing seems to happen, which gives the impression of the game being scripted, which is likely not the case. It's just the way the game represents all the numbers being crunched in the code, but when your players always seem to give away a penalty in the last ten minutes after a 0-0 game in which they were dominating, it feels like something is up.

10 hours ago, Prej said:

Yeah, I just bought the "Lower leagues to Champions League script pack". It's a new DLC, not too expensive, check it out.

Is that the one Lollujo's using?