[FM24] "Increase Realism"- Megapack APRIL UPDATE by Daveincid

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I've been waiting for. I'm one of those who get frustrated with how easy my saves get. Some of these files will make my lower league Scottish saves much harder - bad weather, travelling costs, increased injuries (but also added local regions for when I create obscure wee village clubs)  - an FM masochist's dream!

5 hours ago, Daveincid said:

Preview January ALPHA:
- Realistic player development
- New derbies & awards
- Citizenship fixes
- National team improvements
- League files for: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras
- 11 new files + 3 files updated

Cheers
Daveincid

I love your file every year (except last year when I didn't buy the game!). Curious as to how does the increased injuries work? Is it longer injuries + new injuries. Are you able to touch the code to make this happen or are you increasing the number of types of injuries and length of existing injuries to make the total time of injuries correct? Or are you increasing injury process of every player in the initial database so it is correct but over time that will go down as newgens come through.

A general reminder, as written in the main post:

6. If you have urgent questions that cannot be answered from the text, please send me a private message here in the forum, on X, Discord or in the official SIForum. QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.

3 hours ago, ViG1980 said:

I love your file every year (except last year when I didn't buy the game!). Curious as to how does the increased injuries work? Is it longer injuries + new injuries. Are you able to touch the code to make this happen or are you increasing the number of types of injuries and length of existing injuries to make the total time of injuries correct? Or are you increasing injury process of every player in the initial database so it is correct but over time that will go down as newgens come through.

Agree with over time that will go down as newgens come through. You can check files in pre game editor. anything to do with in game decisions and tactical adjustments are all determined by game engine portion, as opposed to the database portion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2023 at 11:14, Daveincid said:

Preview January ALPHA:
- Realistic player development
- New derbies & awards
- Citizenship fixes
- National team improvements
- League files for: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras
- 11 new files + 3 files updated

Cheers
Daveincid

Fantastic. Can't wait to try this out!

Thank you for your ongoing work on this :)

• Daveincid changed the title to [FM24] "Increase Realism"- Megapack JANUARY UPDATE by Daveincid
6 hours ago, CrowManager said:

image.thumb.png.e91202d7fe6ade4876c2ee21db16897d.png

Pretty good to watch the AI do stuff like this

Yeah im a bit lost too......Is it that the AI is picking young players?not much wrong with that-unless they are way off the older players in terms of quality

3 hours ago, dannyo666 said:

Yeah im a bit lost too......Is it that the AI is picking young players?not much wrong with that-unless they are way off the older players in terms of quality

It’s a good thing. For years the FM manager AI has picked teams based on CA, so players with potential often don’t develop. Long-term this can lead to national teams where everyone is 35 with 150 caps as no-one new comes through. The above is evidence of this mod (along with some changes made by SI for FM24) working to address the problem.

Preview February ALPHA
- CA/PA changes + new wonderkids
- over 27k players edited
- Club Transfer Preferences
- League Reputation fix
- Ticket Price changes
- Bug fixes
- 4 new files + 1 file updated

Cheers
Daveincid

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave! I always use your Megapack on my saves and everything works wondeful. I don't know if you are going to make a Spanish version for the realistic injuries file, but I would like to offer help on the translation if you want to do it. The only thing to translate are the added injuries and diseases. Thank you again for your great work. 

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Razgriz98:

Hi Dave! I always use your Megapack on my saves and everything works wondeful. I don't know if you are going to make a Spanish version for the realistic injuries file, but I would like to offer help on the translation if you want to do it. The only thing to translate are the added injuries and diseases. Thank you again for your great work. 

Thanks a lot :) I do have plans to add a spanish translation but it wasn't that high on my list yet :D So help would be appreciated om that front:thup: Feel free to send me a PM with the suggested translations :)

In transfer preferences, have you made any changes in Sweden?

As in my current save, the league is filled with italian and spanish players coming on free transfers, which is EXTREMELY rare in real life, making the league almost unplayable

vor 21 Minuten schrieb monobloko:

In transfer preferences, have you made any changes in Sweden?

As in my current save, the league is filled with italian and spanish players coming on free transfers, which is EXTREMELY rare in real life, making the league almost unplayable

It probably depends on your league setup. 
For the next time: Please read the main post where and how to leave feedback, thanks

Hi again.

Today the Romanian FA have announced they're adding some rules starting from the 2024-2025 in order to improve the NT:

Starting from season 2024-2025, teams with top 20 youth academies will be forced to use min.5 homegrown players or eligible for NT, for the entire duration of the games. For the top league min. 1 will also have to be U21. Clubs failing to do this will have to pay a fee equal with the solidarity help provided by UEFA (what the hell is this in the game?).

The cherry on top: those fees would also be split to best 3 teams in the top league who respected those rules.

Starting from season 2025-2026, all the teams from Liga 1 will be forced to have min.6 homegrown players, eligible for NT, for the entire duration of the games. Also min. 1 will also have to be U21. Clubs from Liga 1 failing to do this will have to pay a fee equal with the solidarity help provided by UEFA. those fees would also be split to best 3 teams in the top league who respected those rules. (Again very hard to implement this in the game.)

Clubs not using an U21 homegrown player on the whole duration of a game are still being punished with a 0-3 loss.

I wonder if you can implement this draconic rules for Romania in the league files, but, at least, you can safely rise the rivalry with Hungary to 20 and  also consider having us with +1 at developement factor vs Bulgaria (I have manually made it to 14 in one opf my tries to edit some things).

Edited by klaasjan

vor 1 Stunde schrieb klaasjan:

Hi again.

Today the Romanian FA have announced they're adding some rules starting from the 2024-2025 in order to improve the NT:

Starting from season 2024-2025, teams with top 20 youth academies will be forced to use min.5 homegrown players or eligible for NT, for the entire duration of the games. For the top league min. 1 will also have to be U21. Clubs failing to do this will have to pay a fee equal with the solidarity help provided by UEFA (what the hell is this in the game?).

The cherry on top: those fees would also be split to best 3 teams in the top league who respected those rules.

Starting from season 2025-2026, all the teams from Liga 1 will be forced to have min.6 homegrown players, eligible for NT, for the entire duration of the games. Also min. 1 will also have to be U21. Clubs from Liga 1 failing to do this will have to pay a fee equal with the solidarity help provided by UEFA. those fees would also be split to best 3 teams in the top league who respected those rules. (Again very hard to implement this in the game.)

Clubs not using an U21 homegrown player on the whole duration of a game are still being punished with a 0-3 loss.

I wonder if you can implement this draconic rules for Romania in the league files, but, at least, you can safely rise the rivalry with Hungary to 20 and  also consider having us with +1 at developement factor vs Bulgaria (I have manually made it to 14 in one opf my tries to edit some things).

no plans from my side at this point