[FM24] "Increase Realism"- Megapack MAY UPDATE by Daveincid

Hey @Daveincid, firstly hope you're feeling better!

I wanted to see if you had any thoughts on the games implementation of the profit and sustainability rules within the Premier League? Is this something you've tweaked with your financial changes? With the Jan transfer window so quiet due to teams supposedly running so tight on profit and sustainability rules, do you feel the game accurately represents this?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 4 Stunden schrieb bowieinspace:

Hey @Daveincid, firstly hope you're feeling better!

I wanted to see if you had any thoughts on the games implementation of the profit and sustainability rules within the Premier League? Is this something you've tweaked with your financial changes? With the Jan transfer window so quiet due to teams supposedly running so tight on profit and sustainability rules, do you feel the game accurately represents this?

I did tweak finances a lot + I'm planning to tweak it even more once the final update is released:thup:

Hello, thank you so much for your hard work in making us a more authentic fm world. 

I have been playing the December update and found several problems. I don't know if the January or February update has improved these:

1. After playing the fourth season, I will find that the financial system of the whole game has a big problem. Many high pa or medium ca players have a large degree of depreciation. One or two million euros can buy a lot of good players.

2. The influence of the Saudi League is still too great, and the probability of famous players agreeing to the invitation is too high. However, in reality, there have been problems in the Saudi League. Players like Jordan Henderson have begun to leave. I wonder if the next update plan can be reflected in advance.

On 31/01/2024 at 18:31, Daveincid said:

Quick Info
I got a bad flu. Due to this, the release planned for Friday will be postponed by a few days.
Cheers Daveincid

Hope you're feeling better! Any idea when the public release will be?

vor 42 Minuten schrieb rexx.wu:

1. After playing the fourth season, I will find that the financial system of the whole game has a big problem. Many high pa or medium ca players have a large degree of depreciation. One or two million euros can buy a lot of good players.

It may depends on your game setup. I don't remember how the game was with the December update. I definetly do not see the issue in the February update.

vor 44 Minuten schrieb rexx.wu:

2. The influence of the Saudi League is still too great, and the probability of famous players agreeing to the invitation is too high. However, in reality, there have been problems in the Saudi League. Players like Jordan Henderson have begun to leave. I wonder if the next update plan can be reflected in advance.

Parts of Saudi-Arabia are hardcoded, so I can't change everything as I wish to. I do plan wider changes as soon as the final update is released.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb BadAss88:

Hope you're feeling better! Any idea when the public release will be?

Not good but at least better. Plan is today or tomorrow:thup:

28 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

It may depends on your game setup. I don't remember how the game was with the December update. I definetly do not see the issue in the February update.

Parts of Saudi-Arabia are hardcoded, so I can't change everything as I wish to. I do plan wider changes as soon as the final update is released.

Hope you become better soon mate, will hold off on starting a new save until your latest update is out. :)

5 小时前, Daveincid说:

Because this file has been playing for a long time, so I didn't update it last month, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use any other settings. It's really strange in the transfer market. Manchester City in the fifth season didn't enter the Champions League, so they only sold but didn't buy in the transfer market. As a result, there are only 17 players left in the first team.

屏幕截图(9).png

屏幕截图(10).png

• Daveincid changed the title to [FM24] "Increase Realism"- Megapack FEBRUARY UPDATE by Daveincid
vor 2 Stunden schrieb rexx.wu:

Because this file has been playing for a long time, so I didn't update it last month, but I'm pretty sure I didn't use any other settings. It's really strange in the transfer market. Manchester City in the fifth season didn't enter the Champions League, so they only sold but didn't buy in the transfer market. As a result, there are only 17 players left in the first team.

屏幕截图(9).png

屏幕截图(10).png

As I wrote, I don't see those kind of issues. A screenshot of person XY isn't helpful either. 

• 2 weeks later...
В 09.02.2024 в 20:30, Daveincid сказал:

Предварительный просмотр мартовского обновления
- обновленные изменения CA / PA + новые wonderkids

1. Francesco Camarda?

2. Are you planning to change coaches? CA/PA/skills/tactics, etc. 

Edited by bahmet

В 09.02.2024 в 20:30, Daveincid сказал:

Preview March update
- updated CA/PA changes + new wonderkids
- 31k players edited in over 160 nations
- Improved transfer behaviour
- Performance improvements - up to 10% faster simulation speed
- More realistic national team selections

Cheers
Daveincid

Is it linked to 24.3 official patch or any March date? 

19 часов назад, Daveincid сказал:

yes

Give it to me stephen colbert funny GIF on GIFER - by Bulore

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Novem9:

Is it linked to 24.3 official patch or any March date? 

Give it to me stephen colbert funny GIF on GIFER - by Bulore

If the winter update drops this week (until thursday) :
public release will be postponed by a week -> release will be on 8th of March.

If the winter update doesn't drop this week:
public release on 1st of March and the winter update will be integrated into the April update. 

59 минут назад, Daveincid сказал:
В 27.02.2024 в 17:23, Daveincid сказал:

If the winter update drops this week (until thursday) :
public release will be postponed by a week -> release will be on 8th of March.

Does your February update conflict with the new patch? Why postpone it for a week?

vor 5 Minuten schrieb bahmet:

Does your February update conflict with the new patch? Why postpone it for a week?

there are several conflicts with the February & March update.

Because of reasons:thup:

Decided to finally play a proper FM24 save, have a little pocket of time.

Of course i cant start without the latest release of this file for the data update, so very much looking forward to the next release! :thup:

• Daveincid changed the title to [FM24] "Increase Realism"- Megapack MARCH UPDATE by Daveincid
28 minutes ago, Daveincid said:

FM24 "Increase Realism" Megapack MARCH UPDATE is now released
- Download-Link in the main post is updated
- You can find more information about the changes in the "Read me" file in the download link

Enjoy!

Cheers
Daveincid

Carefully he's a hero

First of all: thank you for all your work an for the fantastic updates. 

Secondly a question: do you think that it would be any way possible to edit the game so that the transfer market would be more difficult to 'master'? For example so that players would be less willing to change clubs and that the AI would compete more against you. 

The increased squad rotation probably fixes some things but in general I still feel that the easiness of squad building ruins most of the long term careers. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Litmanen 10:

First of all: thank you for all your work an for the fantastic updates. 

Secondly a question: do you think that it would be any way possible to edit the game so that the transfer market would be more difficult to 'master'? For example so that players would be less willing to change clubs and that the AI would compete more against you. 

The increased squad rotation probably fixes some things but in general I still feel that the easiness of squad building ruins most of the long term careers. 

There are other things included in my mods which improves this behaviour + there is more planned in future updates to further increase difficulty.

In the end, you will always have an advantage against the AI because you:

1. Know which are the best wonderkids

2. Depending which club you manage, you can take bigger risks in transfers etc.

3. You know the weaknesses of the match-engine for tactics etc.

4. Some leagues are easier to succeed than others, so I would argue that this is also something to take into consideration

Type of bug (visual, game-mechanics):
- Affected Club/Nation/League: Boavista / Portugal

- Exact description of the bug + source if any why XY is wrong: I have followed the instructions on starting a new game and started a new save with Boavista  in Portugal using the latest update but I'm struggling to keep and/or sign any player who wants more than 18k/month as a regular starter / important / star player despite having lots of space in the wage budget so probably  the  SALARIES MARKET VALUES & SPONSORS file is not working as intended. To make things even worse everyone in my team is pissed for not giving the requested wages to X player but this is expected considering player interactions are broken for ages lmao. I have not checked the actual numbers but  It's also very likely there are lots of free contract players because of this :)

- Screenshot (if useful): not needed

- Direct suggestions for improvement based on source XY:

- Further comments: everything else looks perfect so far but I will probably have to restart with every file excluding the SALARIES MARKET VALUES & SPONSORS file.

Edited by klaasjan

vor einer Stunde schrieb klaasjan:

Type of bug (visual, game-mechanics):
- Affected Club/Nation/League: Boavista / Portugal

- Exact description of the bug + source if any why XY is wrong: I have followed the instructions on starting a new game and started a new save with Boavista  in Portugal using the latest update but I'm struggling to keep and/or sign any player who wants more than 18k/month as a regular starter / important / star player despite having lots of space in the wage budget so probably  the  SALARIES MARKET VALUES & SPONSORS file is not working as intended. To make things even worse everyone in my team is pissed for not giving the requested wages to X player but this is expected considering player interactions are broken for ages lmao. I have not checked the actual numbers but  It's also very likely there are lots of free contract players because of this :)

- Screenshot (if useful): not needed

- Direct suggestions for improvement based on source XY:

- Further comments: everything else looks perfect so far but I will probably have to restart with every file excluding the SALARIES MARKET VALUES & SPONSORS file.

Works fine for me so I can't replicate it.

Next time, please send me a PM as written in the main post. Thanks

On 01/03/2024 at 01:55, Daveincid said:

there are several conflicts with the February & March update.

Because of reasons:thup:

I am seeing very weird player transfer values after the winter update. As I started my save with the previous version of your update, could it be that the conflict between the update and this editor data could be doing this? 

I mean, some players seem to have about normal transfer values but for example many 'good La Liga players' have very low transfer values and could be purchased even for sole hundreds of thousands euros. Also many players in my own team are suddenly only valued multiple times less than before the update. 

Posted (edited)
vor 39 Minuten schrieb Litmanen 10:

I am seeing very weird player transfer values after the winter update. As I started my save with the previous version of your update, could it be that the conflict between the update and this editor data could be doing this? 

I mean, some players seem to have about normal transfer values but for example many 'good La Liga players' have very low transfer values and could be purchased even for sole hundreds of thousands euros. Also many players in my own team are suddenly only valued multiple times less than before the update. 

I always focus on the current public version of my update in terms of bugs+ my next update. Everything that happend before isn't of interest for me anymore as long as I don't see that issue in the current public update - which I don't. 

PS: I've just posted above that feedback for bugs should be sent via PM only. thanks.

Edited by Daveincid

2 hours ago, Daveincid said:

I always focus on the current public version of my update in terms of bugs+ my next update. Everything that happend before isn't of interest for me anymore as long as I don't see that issue in the current public update - which I don't. 

PS: I've just posted above that feedback for bugs should be sent via PM only. thanks.

Fully understandable. By starting a new game and comparing the values of the players, I came to the conclusion that this is provably the problem. 

Already started a new save with your latest version, so no worries. Let's look forward. 

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Litmanen 10:

Fully understandable. By starting a new game and comparing the values of the players, I came to the conclusion that this is provably the problem. 

Already started a new save with your latest version, so no worries. Let's look forward. 

Sounds good. The winter update really messed up a lot. Once the final update from SI is released, my stress level will definetly decrease a lot - no more changes for a 1/2 year :D

Hi Dave, thanks for the awesome job you do every year, really appreciate it.

Quick question regarding Staff attributes changes.

What do you recommend for long term saves? should we edit the new generated staff according to some of your rules to avoid the game slowly reversing your file effect as new staff is generated?

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Icy:

Hi Dave, thanks for the awesome job you do every year, really appreciate it.

Quick question regarding Staff attributes changes.

What do you recommend for long term saves? should we edit the new generated staff according to some of your rules to avoid the game slowly reversing your file effect as new staff is generated?

You're welcome!

That's actually a good idea (but very time-comsuming).

• 2 weeks later...
vor 16 Minuten schrieb PequenoGenio:

Do you recomend any league pack to use along your pack?

As written in the main post:

5. My resources are very limited, so I don't answer questions like "Is your work compatible with X or Y?” 
6. If you have urgent questions that cannot be answered from the text, please send me a private message here in the forum, on X, Discord or in the official SIForum. QUESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.