*Official* Football Manager 2024 Console & Touch Feedback Thread

Drift feedback on the PS5 version is poor. It’s very difficult to be able to competently select your team as an example without the screen drifting resulting in the wrong player being selected or made available for transfer. It makes the game nearly impossible. If you press L3 to go the other route it doesn’t actually work correctly e.g you cannot scroll all the way down on your squad or when certain selections are pressed such as designating a squad position the selection comes up as blank which then means you have to use the other route again resulting in drift. I’ve tried this on 2 controllers and a backbone with the same results. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of the new user interface on the Touch version on IPhone. Really hard to navigate and actually makes it unplayable. Is there a way an option could be added to have the old layout with the column? It’s a shame because I really enjoyed FM23 Touch. 

10 hours ago, ivosaurio said:

looks good visually, but i really can’t tell you how disappointed i was when i found out that the single most deal breaking bug for me last year, which i flagged myself, wasn’t even addressed by the looks of it. everything around the advanced stats is totally broken, you can’t even look at xG on a squad view, you have to manually look through every single player to get any information. it only works with your own players, so scouting by stats is just impossible. i was just as disappointed to see that we still can’t look at the analytics of any match, so preparing for important games relies on just guessing what the other team may do, it really breaks the immersion.

honestly, no amount of ME and graphics upgrades will ever make up for this game-breaking bugs not being addressed. 

this was the nail in the coffin. why is this a thing? what’s the point of “overhauling” the set piece creator if you can’t actually create a set piece?? sure it helps that the game gives you a structure, but surely we should be able to swap players around right? i don’t want one of my best creators staying back just because he is a defensive monster, or a good counterattacking player defending in the box. in my eyes, this are enough bad things to make this “feature” feel the same as the old set piece creator, or even worse…

Thanks for bumping up my comments on set pieces. Be nice if SI can answer on this one.

My early opinion based on my playthrough so far, and the feedback in the full fat FM thread, is this is another disappointing iteration.

Bugs from years ago still exist. First match I played the issue where half time gets skipped and second half just begins (no chance to make subs or do team talk) is still there. This was in FM21 and I know it’s been reported because the replies were ‘we couldn’t replicate this in testing.’ Took me 1 match to replicate.

After 3 weeks, all 3 of my goalkeepers are injured. Yes having GK injuries should be in the game. But they should not all have weetabix bones!

After 3 weeks, and winning all my matches 3-0, the squad are all unhappy with lack of depth at centre back.

The lack of customisable options on set pieces makes this new feature worse than the old version. At least there we could customise player positioning and roles.

The positives are the match engine looks really good and is playing nice football. Some concerns over shot conversion, and shot power (like a cannonball!) though. And processing speed is fast. Does drain the battery on the iPad very quickly though. 

Considering it only takes 1-2 hours to experience these issues, it does make me wonder what testing actually gets done in the studio before a release. 

Last year I reported and provided evidence of lack of player development. This was never really fixed. Therefore I don’t hold out much hope for FM24 getting fixed. 

I bought Nintendo Switch version and I cannot believe this is a real product. Just starting but it looks like early beta version. Can you share plans for patches for Nintendo?

Things that I noticed while trying to do things:

* In some views (Squad-> Team) I am not able to sort by Age. I was trying to check who is in my squad and sort it by age... it didn't work. When I changed back and forth is stated to work (sometimes)

* Tactics -> Overview - I am not able to see all players fit for the role. When I first opened one position (WB), I only had 2 players available. I tried to use filter (hide starting XI, etc) and it didn't help. After some random clicks (going back to Squad, changing filters there), I started to see more players

* Tactics -> Overview - when I try to scroll on touch screen on SUBS... it moves switches roles automagically. I need to use joystick/arrows to move through the list

* Squad -> Overview - when I try to use right joystick to move up and down the list it is missing a few positions at the top or at the bottom. when I try to focus with touch UI, it can move one position up or down randomely. 

These seem like small glitches and I hope game is playable but it looks like is it not finished yet.

• SI Staff
2 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

Thanks for bumping up my comments on set pieces. Be nice if SI can answer on this one.

First match I played the issue where half time gets skipped and second half just begins (no chance to make subs or do team talk) is still there. 

After 3 weeks, all 3 of my goalkeepers are injured. Yes having GK injuries should be in the game. But they should not all have weetabix bones!

After 3 weeks, and winning all my matches 3-0, the squad are all unhappy with lack of depth at centre back.

Last year I reported and provided evidence of lack of player development. This was never really fixed.

Hello @BuryBlade

Thank you for the detailed feedback, to answer some of your questions. 

1) Can we ask, if your 'First Match' was a pre-season friendly? As there are no half-time team talks for friendlies.

2) Goalkeepers being injured too frequently is a known issue that will be resolved in an upcoming update.

3) Squad complaining about lack of depth at centre back is a known issue that will be resolved in an upcoming update.

4) We're making several adjustments to AI Player Development in future updates.

When training is set to AssMan, he is using "Pre-season" schedules - presumably focussed on fitness & tactics. But this isn't available to me?? I can only do Attack, Balanced, Defend, Technical & Set Pieces. Am I missing something??

23 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @BuryBlade

1) Can we ask, if your 'First Match' was a pre-season friendly? As there are no half-time team talks for friendlies.

2) Goalkeepers being injured too frequently is a known issue that will be resolved in an upcoming update.

3) Squad complaining about lack of depth at centre back is a known issue that will be resolved in an upcoming update.

Hi Zachary,

Appreciate you dropping in here. I know you aren’t allocated forum time so thank you.

Not a friendly. Was a Premiership game. Even in friendlies, the game should pause at half time, and not just start the second half immediately.

Regarding the other items, thanks for confirming these are being looked at.

7 hours ago, daniel.witkowski said:

I bought Nintendo Switch version and I cannot believe this is a real product. Just starting but it looks like early beta version. Can you share plans for patches for Nintendo?

Things that I noticed while trying to do things:

* In some views (Squad-> Team) I am not able to sort by Age. I was trying to check who is in my squad and sort it by age... it didn't work. When I changed back and forth is stated to work (sometimes)

* Tactics -> Overview - I am not able to see all players fit for the role. When I first opened one position (WB), I only had 2 players available. I tried to use filter (hide starting XI, etc) and it didn't help. After some random clicks (going back to Squad, changing filters there), I started to see more players

* Tactics -> Overview - when I try to scroll on touch screen on SUBS... it moves switches roles automagically. I need to use joystick/arrows to move through the list

* Squad -> Overview - when I try to use right joystick to move up and down the list it is missing a few positions at the top or at the bottom. when I try to focus with touch UI, it can move one position up or down randomely. 

These seem like small glitches and I hope game is playable but it looks like is it not finished yet.

One of the QA team has tested these and has been unable to replicate any of them. If you are continuing to experience them, please report it in the bug tracker - along with detailed steps to reproduce and a short video, if possible.

12 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

Hi Zachary,

Appreciate you dropping in here. I know you aren’t allocated forum time so thank you.

Not a friendly. Was a Premiership game. Even in friendlies, the game should pause at half time, and not just start the second half immediately.

Regarding the other items, thanks for confirming these are being looked at.

Can you make check in Preferences-Interface for continue game timeout is disabled.

7 hours ago, Nagatomo said:

Can you make check in Preferences-Interface for continue game timeout is disabled.

Yes it’s disabled. This setting affects the breaks between days (pressing the continue button), as opposed to skipping over half time in a match. It’s a bug that’s been there since FM21.

On 07/11/2023 at 00:41, Burty76 said:

Just played half a season with Brighton on iPad and noticed all the wonderkids are not developing at all, same issue as FM23 and why I didnt play it. 

holidayed the rest of the season and not one of Evan Ferguson, Carlos Baleba, Julio Enciso have increased any of their attributes by even one point. This is despite them all playing regularly, and well, all averaging above 7.0. 

This was THE biggest issue with FM23 and is a total game breaker. Please say it’s not the same for FM24, as apart from this it looks like an improvement 

Do other people agree with this? Are player developing normally? 

I'm finding the UI on iPhone close to unusable. Accessing the main menu is really hard as you have to click multiple times (menu/back) just to get to the main options. It's just not an easy experience.

In the match the same UI troubles as others - the player ratings don't show and sometimes players who were subbed are still showing and very cluttered.

Edited by mdshep
typo's

On 08/11/2023 at 11:25, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @BuryBlade

This reads to me like the game wasn't really ready to be released? Haven’t started a save yet and now probably won’t until we get a fix

On 08/11/2023 at 11:25, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello @BuryBlade

What's the issue with ai player development and what adjustments are being made? Thanks

The Apple Arcade version on Mac has last season’s leagues. I thought it might be an issue with the update process so I deleted and re-redownloaded, but the issue persists.

It has the 2024 splash screens and so forth, but creating a game reveals the old teams.

9 minutes ago, BlackLodge said:

The Apple Arcade version on Mac has last season’s leagues. I thought it might be an issue with the update process so I deleted and re-redownloaded, but the issue persists.

It has the 2024 splash screens and so forth, but creating a game reveals the old teams.

Please open a thread on the touch forums. 

Does anyone know whether the 'offer via TransferRoom' addition is anything other than a cosmetic update? I've noticed 0 difference with how this worked last year. Saw it on FMM too, with the same lack of new effects. Looks like it's only a new thing on full FM?

2 hours ago, jens_dewit said:

Does anyone know whether the 'offer via TransferRoom' addition is anything other than a cosmetic update? I've noticed 0 difference with how this worked last year. Saw it on FMM too, with the same lack of new effects. Looks like it's only a new thing on full FM?

Must admit I’ve thought the same as you, it seems more of a name change from “offer to clubs” I was expecting agents all the time asking if I wanted a player on the transfer room list. 

I am on ps5 and am happy overall with the game.so nice no press conferences after years playing on my laptop.very quick.only played pre season and had a penalty or 2 every game plus most looked like good tackles is starting to annoy me is the thing that stands out plus each game been very high scoring like a 4-2 .really like the dynamics plus squad buy in with your principals.good presentation on these new features too.i would recommend this on ps5.

Edited by Weasek

(Touch version on IPad) not sure if I’m doing something wrong here but you used to be able to select the role in the pick attributes section so you can see which ones are required for the role you’re searching for. If you look in the picture here is actually has the “highlight key attributes for role” but it cannot be selected for some reason. 
IMG_3BB11C615AE3-1.thumb.jpeg.b833458bbad7f5067159c6d3d1dfc3c9.jpeg

There three features I’ve found to be missing so far on PS5 which I find really frustrating.

No ability to select player roles for set pieces. You just have to put up with the auto pick. 

You can no longer higher 3/4 coaches with different specialities e.g attacking, goalkeeping. 

In the tactics you don’t seem to be able to choose to direct play down either flank if you have spotted a weakness in the oppositions defence eg. injury, player out of position. 

It may be that I’ve missed the functionality on how to do these things and would appreciate if anybody can advise how to do it. All three of these features are available on last years mobile game which makes the backwards steps even more frustrating. 

Edited by Greg T

Ps5 player here. Solid game so far, however, there is definitely a HDR issue, with the pink/orange pulsing areas behind the in game skin and also on match days in game with bright lighting. I have tried all the settings known to mankind, with no joy. Gone back to my old SDR TV for now. Also, the in game purchases are an insult, when we have already paid £45 for the game.

Edited by Old gamer

On 10/11/2023 at 21:40, jonest30 said:

I’m probably being blind or dumb, but I can’t find the option to start as unemployed?

Don't choose a club when setting up a game, instead tick "Pick team later" in right hand lower corner and Create a game. After filling or choosing manager profile you are prompted to choose a club. On top of the club view, there is an option "Start unemployed". Other options are "Single team" and "Both club and international".

not being able to thinker with players roles in the new set piece creator is proving to be a massive stinker this year. i’m more convinced than ever that this “overhauled” system is a step backwards in an already poorly developed feature. please explain to me why would my 1.86 striker with 14 jumping and 13 heading is doing a Kane in Euro 2016 in the dying minutes of a match after a few substitutions? he is not even selected to be a taker, yet he is doing it ahead of other players better suited for the task. 

On 11/11/2023 at 13:57, Windust22 said:

(Touch version on IPad) not sure if I’m doing something wrong here but you used to be able to select the role in the pick attributes section so you can see which ones are required for the role you’re searching for. If you look in the picture here is actually has the “highlight key attributes for role” but it cannot be selected for some reason. 
IMG_3BB11C615AE3-1.thumb.jpeg.b833458bbad7f5067159c6d3d1dfc3c9.jpeg

IMG_0386.thumb.png.991efe9640d5c1636a486cbfbd10b605.png

is also a problem on the mentor screen for me. Won’t let me press ‘ask assistant to assign’.

I played Barcelona. 

There are some bugs when i played the game.

when the B team (barcelona athletic) manager was sacked, i was automatically became both barca and the B teams manager.

The more serious problem was that when some one become B teams manager, i was sacked automatically.

And even, i cannot control the B team. After i became both two teams manager, if B teams situation is bad, i am sacked from both two teams.

it's very serious problems when i play the game. please fix it ASAP

1 hour ago, jeff0907 said:

I don’t know does it happen in higher divisions but the results for every match are quite unrealistic. You can see at least 4 goals in every matches. Total goals scored and conceded are doubled compare with other teams. What is that lol

IMG_7235.jpeg

IMG_7234.jpeg

This is something currently under review @jeff0907 

2 minutes ago, João14 said:

Is anyone acknowledging the bugs reported on the bug tracker? Not a single answer yet.

Why are clubs missing from the game? Why can't I attend other matches on iOS?

Please be patient someone from SI will answer as soon as possible. 

Just now, zakbrown96 said:

Please be patient someone from SI will answer as soon as possible. 

You can see I'm quite patient as I've been waiting for a specific bug fix for reserve teams on touch version since FMT 2020 (First time I reported that).

We are now on FMT 2024 and still unable to have proper development in reserve teams. After a few versions it's frustrating enough don't you think?

Sorry in advance

Apologies if this has been asked before, I've had a look and can't find anything but how do you select a favoured club for the Touch 24 on Switch? It has a heading for it in Manager Profile but I couldn't find a way to pick one. I haven't played this version before so please forgive me if this is a silly question! 

1 hour ago, doirebhoy said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, I've had a look and can't find anything but how do you select a favoured club for the Touch 24 on Switch? It has a heading for it in Manager Profile but I couldn't find a way to pick one. I haven't played this version before so please forgive me if this is a silly question! 

Don’t think you can, is the honest answer 

On 13/11/2023 at 14:55, João14 said:

Is anyone acknowledging the bugs reported on the bug tracker? Not a single answer yet.

Why are clubs missing from the game? Why can't I attend other matches on iOS?

You never could attend other matches on iOS I’m afraid mate. Its extension beyond the basics of your own team is limited. 

Fired up xCloud last night just to see something and the question is:

Can SI give us the old skin back through preferences and let users choose what they want? xCloud on iPhone gets the old navigation mode and it's a lot easier to navigate through.