*Official* Football Manager 2024 Console & Touch Feedback Thread

1 hour ago, Wolf616 said:

When will console edition get updates? I hear on the PC version the very annoying keeper injury bug has been fixed, but I am still getting broken arms left, right and centre.

Will be fairly soon I’d imagine, it’s a case of waiting for the different platforms to approve the updates. Unlike steam it can take up to 14 days to approve. 

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/11/2023 at 09:50, Wolf616 said:

When will console edition get updates? I hear on the PC version the very annoying keeper injury bug has been fixed, but I am still getting broken arms left, right and centre.

As Zak has suggested, these fixes will come with the next update.

What I would appreciate is being able to view your whole squad on the Tactics screen, not just first 11 and Subs. This is because when you get to a match day it takes you to the Tactics screen, and unless you remember to go to the Squad screen beforehand, you can't easily get a view of your whole squad to determine who to put in the matchday squad.

For example, if someone has been injured and I want to see if they are ready yet to be included. I know you can choose a player and select to swap them out, but I prefer to look at the whole squad to decide what subs to pick. Not sure if I'm the only one who does it this way!

Edited by James889

Can somebody from SI please respond to the questions regarding the set piece bug? Why can’t we change set piece takers or move players around? 

In my current save I have my attacking throw ins set to short but the game is auto setting the player with the longest throw in stat as the taker which happens to be my CB. 

There’s been plenty of responses to other queries so far but this one keeps getting ignored

This bug is making the game unplayable and tbh is a ridiculous addition to the game. 

Edited by BillCanadine

1 hour ago, BillCanadine said:

Can somebody from SI please respond to the questions regarding the set piece bug? Why can’t we change set piece takers or move players around? 

In my current save I have my attacking throw ins set to short but the game is auto setting the player with the longest throw in stat as the taker which happens to be my CB. 

There’s been plenty of responses to other queries so far but this one keeps getting ignored

This bug is making the game unplayable and tbh is a ridiculous addition to the game. 

It’s currently being investigated by SI, when they have a response they’ll be sure to tell us what the issue is! Please be patient 

1 hour ago, led-zep said:

Since SI keep ignoring me I take it multiple managers are never coming to FM Touch then

They are not ignoring you, it’s not in this years game. That’s the honest and simple answer, they’ll have reasons as to why it’s not, it’s probably a technical reason, But writing the same post continuously helps absolutely no one. And I advise you stop as it’s not feedback and is more a feature request. 

I usually sit back and work with whatever I have and play it, I love football manager and I only play the console and touch version, considering that the Touch Subscription is 8.99 a month x12 months that's $107 CAD for the year, the Console version is $74 CAD but I feel as if the console version is just thrown out without care for the customers, (still cant believe I'm writing in a forum) I never do.  The console version is so buggy and for the most part, but I can deal with minor bugs but the SET PIECE bug is one of the worst bugs I've ever encountered in any game, hence why this is my first post on any forum. We all watch football and we see set piece goals, but I cant tell the last time I've seen a throw-in set piece that leads to a goal but In FM 24 the AI no matter what level they are set pieces WILL go in from a throw 85% of the time and corners like 65-70% of the time. It doesn't matter if I intercept the ball momentarily and it also doesn't matter if its the AI teams CB with 2 shooting and 4 dribbling, he will dismiss Scavalini and he will dispatch a perfect finish and this is because after a throw in my players are all glued together and there's no marking. I can keep my opposition from taking a single shot all game and I concede a throw in 10 yards over the half line and I can almost guarantee that goal will score, I've never seen a throw in that has led to a sure goal even with teams like Mancity in real life who are riddled with creativity and a mastermind manager cant put together a set piece where Walker throws the ball to Silva and Silva passes to KDB and KDB takes that ball on top of the 18 Yard and makes his way I the box and the opposition team sit and watch HIM dribble and score with zero pressure. its painful to watch and I really hope this is a bug that can be fix otherwise I would have wasted my money and would definitely request a refund. More goals isn't the answer btw because there's the four shots that hit the bar a game which I will live with but we really need the set piece toned down or something. I will be submitting media in the future but for proof but I can imagine every player is struggling with conceding exclusive set piece and oh my team doesn't score nearly half the set piece the AI does and 50% of the time if my players pass backwards after a throw or corner my highlight ends lol but the AI can pass the ball back to the keeper after a throw in and that highlight will continue and you'll probably concede. PLEASE TAKE CARE OF US CONSOLE PLAYERS the game was made and we bought it but It shouldn't end there and we shouldn't feel like were "LUCKY" have football manager on console because lets be real for both games on console and PC being the same price why should we settle for less when we are already settling for a stripped down version at full price?

Respectfully submitted.

2 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

The Minor Update should now be live for Xbox/PS5, I'll post the change list a little later - News on Touch to follow shortly. :) 

hoping the team can find a fix for the player development and reserves/b teams training/tactics/development as well :cool:

(sorry the hassle with the same posts, i'm just a gigantic fan of touch/console that i have the two subscriptions to have the game always available to me :D)

56 minutes ago, Dan Sheppard said:

The Minor update for Console and Touch has now been released. You can see the changelist here.

If you are experiencing any issues, please remember to report these via the bug tracker and use this thread only for feedback.

Why? Nobody listens… the biggest issue is that your CB is taking a corner and that your GK is going up for it… I’ve completely lost interest in playing football manager now 

12 minutes ago, lurchyboy said:

Playing FM24 Touch - what is the best way to generate the biggest database possible? To find all the wonderkids etc - wanted to give the Touch version a go this year as I don't want to get the PC version again but it seems limited in the database?

I wouldn’t bother mage there’s far to many bugs that haven’t been fixed… you might enjoy it though if you want your CB to take the corners and your GK to go up for them 

4 hours ago, Simpa131990 said:

This issue has still not been resolved  can’t swap set piece taker and can’t move players around… will you please comment on this as it’s currently making the iPad version unplayable.IMG_0087.thumb.png.0c32868add141305b83174a11d64aa78.png

Define unplayable, as to me that means it crashes? Which it doesn’t. These issues will probably get resolved like usual.  When we have an answer we will 100% tell you. I ask that you please wait! 

15 minutes ago, zakbrown96 said:

Define unplayable, as to me that means it crashes? Which it doesn’t. These issues will probably get resolved like usual.  When we have an answer we will 100% tell you. I ask that you please wait! 

Would you honestly play a football game where your CB is taking the corners and your best set piece taker is staying back in defence. 

I understand it’s not your fault but it’s beyond frustrating. 

4 hours ago, Simpa131990 said:

Why? Nobody listens… the biggest issue is that your CB is taking a corner and that your GK is going up for it… I’ve completely lost interest in playing football manager now 

I haven’t seen this with keepers, so if it’s happening regularly I’d recommend you submit a bug report with some reproduction steps

6 hours ago, Simpa131990 said:

This issue has still not been resolved  can’t swap set piece taker and can’t move players around… will you please comment on this as it’s currently making the iPad version unplayable.IMG_0087.thumb.png.0c32868add141305b83174a11d64aa78.png

This is part of the new set piece design, I am feeding it back to the relevant teams as this has been raised before regarding the points you mentioned. To set expectation though, it is unlikely to change this cycle (FM24)

12 minutes ago, Dan Sheppard said:

I haven’t seen this with keepers, so if it’s happening regularly I’d recommend you submit a bug report with some reproduction steps

This is part of the new set piece design, I am feeding it back to the relevant teams as this has been raised before regarding the points you mentioned. To set expectation though, it is unlikely to change this cycle (FM24)

So you do not think they’ll resolve the problem with set pieces on fm24 touch?a

this would be very disappointing but your honesty saves me constantly checking.  

10 hours ago, Simpa131990 said:

So you do not think they’ll resolve the problem with set pieces on fm24 touch?a

this would be very disappointing but your honesty saves me constantly checking.  

Correct, you can swap your set piece taker by selecting the icon next to Lewis Hall in your image as below. You just won't be able to swap players beyond that.

image.png

1 hour ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Correct, you can swap your set piece taker by selecting the icon next to Lewis Hall in your image as below. You just won't be able to swap players beyond that.

image.png

Corners and free kicks have this option but it’s missing for attacking throw ins in the attacking third, is this something that can be added to the game? 

If it can’t be added we’re pretty much being pushed into using long throws in the attacking third as a workaround 

4 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

image.png

It only lets you swap Lewis hall for another left footer as it’s on the left side of the pitch 

2 hours ago, ohitstrue! said:

Dumb question but can I play FM 24 on android tablet or only on my Samsung phone or Nintendo switch? I don't wanna use gamepass cloud 

If you don’t wanna use game pass it’s Switch or Apple only. Only way you can play FM24 on your Android tablet  is via game pass 

11 hours ago, MrManagerMan said:

Loving the console edition on the XBox I must say. I would like an option to have a lighter skin though as my eyes are tired of the purple. Other than that, I think the game is top notch and I’ve had no other problems with it so far. 

Highly recommend you open a thread on the new feature request thread. 

4 hours ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

Game is great this year but last I saw the touch team were aware of woodwork issues (the bar/post being hit minimum 3-4 times every game) and were planning a fix for FM24 but this clearly hasn’t been touched? Frustrating

As it’s a new game, we need examples in the bug forum if that’s ok?! 

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, alessto91 said:

For switch touch we'll wait again 2 weeks to receive the major update released today? We've received minor update today, one week after console and  2 weeks after pc, is it normal? Last year the difference was always 3-4 days due to Nintendo

Hello @alessto91

The update for Football Manager 2024 Touch on Apple/Switch is scheduled for next week.

On 30/11/2023 at 14:24, zakbrown96 said:

As it’s a new game, we need examples in the bug forum if that’s ok?! 

Nah man what's the point? wont get fixed. An SI member posted somewhere on this forum a few months back they were aware of the issue and it would be fixed for FM24, and it wasnt. Other than that I really cant complain, game is amazing and much improved this year

• SI Staff
On 03/12/2023 at 10:15, yayacake said:

I’m really enjoying FM24 Console but my goodness are there more injuries since the 24.2 update came out! Can this be turned back down, please? 

Hello, there was no change to the injury rate in the 24.2 Update (We did lower GK injuries in a previous update)

By design our injury levels in game run at around 80% of what teams would expect to see in real life. There will be some variance in this based on the intensity of your tactics, training and general approach to managing the fitness of your squad combined with their injury proneness and sometimes you might just have bad luck.

Since the new update I am having difficulty playing the game on my android tablet via gamepass. It worked OK before using the touch screen but now some things I can't access without a controller. Example is the quick pick function on the tactics screen.. Can no longer select those options at all. 

Please ignore the above.. Me being an idiot 🙄

Edited by Cptblag
Error