*Official* Football Manager 2024 Console & Touch Feedback Thread

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, Maurizio Simeone said:

Dear Dan & Zac,

I would like to kindly ask you about when we can expect the 24.2 update to the iOS FM Touch 24 version?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

A devoted FM fan from Hungary! 🇭🇺 

Already been said several times that it’s scheduled for this week.

13 hours ago, Zachary Whyte said:

Hello, there was no change to the injury rate in the 24.2 Update (We did lower GK injuries in a previous update)

By design our injury levels in game run at around 80% of what teams would expect to see in real life. There will be some variance in this based on the intensity of your tactics, training and general approach to managing the fitness of your squad combined with their injury proneness and sometimes you might just have bad luck.

I appreciate the response. Something is definitely different in my third save with Man City. I wonder if it is the intensity of my tactic? But I thought my second one was similar. The main thing I’m seeing is the number of injuries during an actual match. I will experiment. Thanks again.

18 hours ago, Maurizio Simeone said:

Dear Dan & Zac,

I would like to kindly ask you about when we can expect the 24.2 update to the iOS FM Touch 24 version?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards,

A devoted FM fan from Hungary! 🇭🇺 

Some day this week, all comes down to approval from Apple etc 

For some reason when I tried to play a match all my selected players changed (I think they changed to the last match where goalkeeper got injured and had to play an outfield player in goal) and it would not proceed due to injured goalkeeper. The only work around was to do instant result. 

Edited by Chris391971

22 hours ago, Chris391971 said:

For some reason when I tried to play a match all my selected players changed (I think they changed to the last match where goalkeeper got injured and had to play an outfield player in goal) and it would not proceed due to injured goalkeeper. The only work around was to do instant result. 

Hi @Chris391971 Would it be possible to open a thread in the bugs forum of what version you are playing, please. 

On 06/12/2023 at 19:35, Simpa131990 said:

Very very disappointing that the major update has been released and you still can’t use a right footer for a left sided corner….

Bring fm23 touch back onto the Apple Store 

You can to a certain extent, have dropped you a DM, you just can't have the same corner taker for an identical routine on both sides. Unless I've misunderstood the query?

23 hours ago, Chris391971 said:

Can you post this in the bug section if you haven't already done so, then we can gather some additional information.

3 hours ago, bigsubzero said:

The date is too late. I wish it had come out sooner.

So will the foreign player limit be fixed?

One thing that needs to be considered is approval from platforms it’s not as easy as it is for Full FM. Updates will come, Staff are working round the clock to get them out but we must all be patient. And won’t be one this year as per Dan. 

Sorry for asking again. I was playing the fm23 touch last year and had major issues with the battery. How is it this year? I have an iPhone 14. If someone can share their experiences because I loved the game but the battery drainage was a major issue. 

11 hours ago, nickgt7 said:

Sorry for asking again. I was playing the fm23 touch last year and had major issues with the battery. How is it this year? I have an iPhone 14. If someone can share their experiences because I loved the game but the battery drainage was a major issue. 

Can't talk for the iPhone 14 but I have a 14 Pro. I've tried running it again for the last hour playing a few matches with key highlights enabled and it has used 4%. Obviously this really can vary from device to device though.

35 minutes ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Can't talk for the iPhone 14 but I have a 14 Pro. I've tried running it again for the last hour playing a few matches with key highlights enabled and it has used 4%. Obviously this really can vary from device to device though.

Thanks. I have the 14 pro max. These are good news because last year an hour with matches was around 30% minimum. 

16 hours ago, BionicScroll564 said:

Are we ever going to get the in game editor on console rather than the many pointless unlockables. It just feels annoying to have such a cool feature missing from the console edition, especially when the touch edition even has a basic version of it for free.

I've been asking about this internally and it's just not currently possible as it would require a complete overhaul of a lot of areas. It is something I am bringing to the table regularly though as a point of discussion from the community.

3 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

I've been asking about this internally and it's just not currently possible as it would require a complete overhaul of a lot of areas. It is something I am bringing to the table regularly though as a point of discussion from the community.

Dan can you bring up Mac/Console skin to be put on iPad and support mouse and keyboard with shortcuts and stuff? It could work like the controller skin we have when we connect a gamepad to iPad.

I feel I am like 2 or 3 QOL + 5 or 6 bug fixes from selling my computers :D

21 hours ago, João14 said:

Dan can you bring up Mac/Console skin to be put on iPad and support mouse and keyboard with shortcuts and stuff? It could work like the controller skin we have when we connect a gamepad to iPad.

I will bring this up and I'm fairly certain this is something that has already been mentioned before.

12 hours ago, BionicScroll564 said:

Anyone know how to fix the Xbox console save bug about failing to save games. I can only have 2 saves before it says I have no storage left even though I have loads left, and then it deletes my save after it bugs. Is there any fixes or ways to get the deleted saves back?

Have you tried using the single save file as opposed to the 3 rolling?

1 hour ago, Dan Sheppard said:

I will bring this up and I'm fairly certain this is something that has already been mentioned before.

I could even open a thread on the Requests sub forum. The idea could be exactly the same as it is with FM Console to be honest. Touchscreen and Gamepad skin and then the Mouse/Keyboard skin.

I'm fairly sure on Console it's something along those lines. It would certainly be an awesome feature to have!

Hi, I was playing FM24 Touch fine on my old iPhone SE 2020 but my company upgraded my phone to iPhone 14 (non-Pro) recently, it's nice and all but 3D match performance is abysmal on 14! It constantly lags and whenever I use quick overlay buttons the game stutters for a few seconds.. What's the problem? 

Edited by Efe Cinar

Firstly I am updated to the latest patch but ca somebody explain to me what has happened to the user interface this year on iPhone? I’m genuinely confused and can’t get past just a few mins of gameplay due to inconsistencies and things that just don’t make sense. 

I always start unemployed and part of how I choose whether to apply for a job or not is based on the club info - stadium, facilities, financial status etc. where has the club info screen gone? When I go to the club it’s just the squad list, when I press the menu button thinking it will bring up the sub menus for the club it doesn’t come up there either. 

Also, the back button and the menu button seem to be completely random every time you press them. When you press back thinking you’ll return to the screen you were just on, nope. When you press menu thinking it’ll give you the option to go to your homepage, nope - oh hang on, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes home comes up, you press it and it doesn’t take you there. 

im sorry but it is just utterly random and making the game unplayable for me because I can’t navigate to where I want to go without numerous trial and errors. surely I can’t be the only one experiencing this difficulty in navigating the sub menus and finding the game unplayable? Please help?!

Initial load times for the console version are absolutely diabolical, it can take me near enough 40 minutes sometimes to even reach the title screen, never mind getting into the game. Works perfectly when I play on xcloud but is absolutely dreadful when I’m actually sat down in front of my console to play the game I have installed

On 16/12/2023 at 23:40, MW43495 said:

Initial load times for the console version are absolutely diabolical

Are you able to confirm which console you are playing on? This seems quite excessive and we haven't seen other reports of these sort of loads times.

Playing on a Handheld Console is a pain in the ass at the moment.

I know it's not "officially supported" but installed a little partition on Steam Deck to try out FMC24. Ran really fine, a really nice experience but Zoom's were all over the place. Smaller/Larger buttons on preference are not working as intended and after checking ui_zoom_level, I noticed they try to push up to odd numbers of zoom like 165%, 180%, in 1080p or 720p

7 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Are you able to confirm which console you are playing on? This seems quite excessive and we haven't seen other reports of these sort of loads times.

Xbox Series X, I had to reboot the game on my console 4 times to get it to load up properly. It’s worked fine since but it’s the 3rd time it’s happened now

17 hours ago, MW43495 said:

Xbox Series X, I had to reboot the game on my console 4 times to get it to load up properly. It’s worked fine since but it’s the 3rd time it’s happened now

I've spoken with QA and they haven't heard of such a thing happening. The only thing that could cause it during this start-up phase is a sync with the cloud. It may be worth backing up what you need to the cloud and then doing a wipe of the data and then re-downloading it.

On 19/12/2023 at 10:40, Dan Sheppard said:

I've spoken with QA and they haven't heard of such a thing happening. The only thing that could cause it during this start-up phase is a sync with the cloud. It may be worth backing up what you need to the cloud and then doing a wipe of the data and then re-downloading it.

I’ve also had a similar problem recently on Xbox Series X. Every time I tried to start a save the game crashes when trying to load the database. I tried 5 times before giving up on it.

40 minutes ago, BionicScroll564 said:

I’ve also had a similar problem recently on Xbox Series X. Every time I tried to start a save the game crashes when trying to load the database. I tried 5 times before giving up on it.

Assuming you have attempted to redownload the game in full to see if that helps? Also, what sort of storage space do you have left on your system?

On 21/12/2023 at 11:21, Dan Sheppard said:

Assuming you have attempted to redownload the game in full to see if that helps? Also, what sort of storage space do you have left on your system?

I have 160GB of storage available on my Xbox Series X. The database loading has fixed after I reinstalled the game, but I still can’t save anything after changing my save file as suggested. I’ve noticed this is a very common bug amongst other console players based off various reviews on Xbox.

I’m struggling to understand the logic/thought behind not supporting the keyboard/trackpad function on iPad. I use the apple Magic Keyboard with trackpad and you can’t scroll on any of the menus in FM Touch. You can click though. 

For me this support would make the game playable, without it it feels clunky to hold an iPad and play.  

There is something that’s for some reason I find extremely annoying, i just don’t understand the reason this is even classed as feedback after the game, yet it appears probably 50% of time, taking the place of potentially useful information.
edit: just to clarify, I’m referring to the “looking exhausted out there”  comments.IMG_0120.thumb.png.49240c152030c4e9a6bddd3a2c9b35da.png

Edited by Tiki Tak'n Turner

On 31/12/2023 at 16:26, Conor McNuggets said:

Hi do you have any plans to address issues with too many goals being scored overall in the game compare to any other FM version?

We are continually monitoring this, but as it stands we are currently happy with this.

On 01/01/2024 at 07:34, Tiki Tak'n Turner said:

There is something that’s for some reason I find extremely annoying, i just don’t understand the reason this is even classed as feedback after the game, yet it appears probably 50% of time, taking the place of potentially useful information.
edit: just to clarify, I’m referring to the “looking exhausted out there”  comments.IMG_0120.thumb.png.49240c152030c4e9a6bddd3a2c9b35da.png

I'll pass this information on to the relevant teams but it's something unlikely to change for 24.

It may also be worth posting within the general feature requests thread as to how you'd like this feature to work (if more complex than the obvious not being repetitive :lol:

2 hours ago, Maurizio Simeone said:

Hey Dan,

Happy new year to you all!

When can we expect the update for the iOS Touch version?

Thanks in advance!

Happy New Year :) 

I can't give specifics but it's not far away now. As always I'll pop a post in here once it's live along with updating in the main Console/Touch thread.