*Official* Football Manager 2024 Console & Touch Feedback Thread

Football Manager 2024 Console and Touch are OUT NOW! Whether you plan to jump into one of the 3 new game modes (Original, Real World, or Your World), trying FM on a new platform for the first time, or if you are challenging your friends using Cross-play for the first time on Console, we’d love to hear your feedback.

This thread is a place for us to collate your feedback for Console & Touch. The threads are monitored and read by lots of different members of the SI team and other forum users. We may reply in some instances, as will the forum mods - but we can't reply to everything.

One thing to keep in mind is that the Bug Tracker is the place for any issues you find with the game so please try and keep those separate from this feedback thread.

For any troubleshooting say for crashes or being unable to launch, read our FAQ's (Console / Touch).

We're looking for feedback across all areas of the game, but we're especially looking for feedback on our new features across all platforms such as Apple Arcade, Nintendo Switch, and Console

What we try to ask every year is please if you’re raising feedback, try and make it constructive. The full list of our traditional ground rules can be found below:

• Please try to keep any feedback constructive. That doesn't mean you can only be positive, but if you are going to be critical, at least give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect everyone to agree but please take the time to read posts and respect their position.
  • Please take Tactical Discussion elsewhere. We've seen that these types of threads can see posts focused on the tactical side of the game and whilst this is interesting, it's a much more appropriate discussion for our Tactics, Training, and Strategies Discussion.
  • Don’t make it personal. Attacks and the like won’t be tolerated. SI Staff and our volunteer moderating team will engage where we can, but any abuse makes that much more unlikely.

Finally, don’t forget you can now import your saves from 2023 and continue your managerial career! 

We're excited to hear your feedback and most importantly, we're excited to see how you get on within your saves.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Current feedback on Touch is it’s a tad disappointing that challenges and unlockables  haven’t reset and have just kept last years completed challenges. UI for iPhone is so much smoother! Not so much a fan of the tabs being way they are in match mind you. 

IMG_0379.png

Just now, zakbrown96 said:

Hi @João14 can you please say what bugs these are?

So far everything I've seen marked with "info provided" or "known issue" from the bug tracker from last year isn't fixed.

Reserve/B Teams not using tactics from the first team
Training set for the reserve teams not being registered
Can't attend matches from my own reserves (iOS)
Match Report doesn't seem to appear for B/Reserve Teams
Advanced Stats are mostly missing

Very disappointed that touchscreen doesn't seem to work in the new version. I play on an android tablet via gamepass cloud gaming and playing Fm23 this way was an absolute joy. If this year I can only play using a controller will have to give it a miss, I'm afraid. 

3 hours ago, Cptblag said:

Very disappointed that touchscreen doesn't seem to work in the new version. I play on an android tablet via gamepass cloud gaming and playing Fm23 this way was an absolute joy. If this year I can only play using a controller will have to give it a miss, I'm afraid. 

I've flagged this internally and will share what I find out tomorrow.

for the Indonesian league, there is some data that is not updated like in real life, for example the foreign player regulations which now apply 5+1 foreign players, while in FMT 2024 they still use the old rules, secondly there are several players of Indonesian descent such as tjoe a on, jay Idzes etc. still doesn't have a second citizenship from Indonesia, while in real life he is undergoing a naturalization process, and lastly please add the Asian coefficient because we can't see how many points our country has. Hopefully in the next update it can be fixed, thank you

• SI Staff
37 minutes ago, luckytoro18 said:

for the Indonesian league, there is some data that is not updated like in real life, for example the foreign player regulations which now apply 5+1 foreign players, while in FMT 2024 they still use the old rules, secondly there are several players of Indonesian descent such as tjoe a on, jay Idzes etc. still doesn't have a second citizenship from Indonesia, while in real life he is undergoing a naturalization process, and lastly please add the Asian coefficient because we can't see how many points our country has. Hopefully in the next update it can be fixed, thank you

When it comes to individual competition rules, you can post about these within this section:

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/competition-rules-and-schedule/

In regards to the players you've mentioned who should be showing Indonesian nationality, these can be shared here: 

https://community.sigames.com/bugtracker/football-manager-2024-early-access-bugs-tracker/database-and-research/

In terms of missing coefficient information, what is actually showing for you are there other coefficients showing and the Asian coefficients are not, or are they all missing?

Just played half a season with Brighton on iPad and noticed all the wonderkids are not developing at all, same issue as FM23 and why I didnt play it. 

holidayed the rest of the season and not one of Evan Ferguson, Carlos Baleba, Julio Enciso have increased any of their attributes by even one point. This is despite them all playing regularly, and well, all averaging above 7.0. 

This was THE biggest issue with FM23 and is a total game breaker. Please say it’s not the same for FM24, as apart from this it looks like an improvement 

Edited by Burty76

Re. iPad version .Haven't had a chance to sit down and play properly yet but got through a couple of matches last night. Gotta say, the player animations in this years ME look incredible. Previous improvements in this area have always seemed marginal but this year is a massive step forward. Good job.

Edited by CQ Man

I returned to the game after 2 years off, a lot to like but a couple of things I just don’t understand..

1. why has the ability to filter out uninterested players been taken away? There’s no workaround for this, you don’t see transfer interest on hover, nor is it a view option. Very poor.

2. I don’t seem to be able to remove the faces generated by the game like I used to? Why?

Thanks.

The new U.I for iphone version is a mess!!!

When you want to do something with menu, you have to press more times than old fashion way. It come to Inbox section first than We have to press back button to get main menu, too waste of time!!!

Just bring the old ui back or give us option to use old ui.

IMG_1296.png

11 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Very much looking forward to this news 🙂

Without the touchscreen ability, will have to give this game a miss this year.

Hate playing with a controller and PC not an option.

12 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Please let us know. This is the only reason for me to have purchased FM2024 Console version. Hopefully this feature can be added asap! If not, I'm afraid I will not play the game and my money is down the drain... :(

Edited by Sparski

I'm happy with the improved match engine :-) feels great

Also thrilled that the create a club bugs have been fixed. Now all you need to add is some more context for certain options so I don't accidentally tick the wrong box and have to start all over again... :rolleyes:

The console version of 24 is so much faster than 23, I like it a lot. Just a minor gripe: On the buy in pop-ups you can't open the player information or anything else. So it is sometimes hard to make an informed decision. 

I can’t seem to select individual training for players in my reserve squad (on ipad). I’ve tried changing the reserves training responsibility from assistant manager to manager (not that I want to be responsible) but this doesn’t work either. 

I want to be able to give young reserve players individual training ie to focus on their strength, but can’t seem to do this 

2 hours ago, Sparski said:

Please let us know. This is the only reason for me to have purchased FM2024 Console version. Hopefully this feature can be added asap! If not, I'm afraid I will not play the game and my money is down the drain... :(

As soon as we have news we will announce it here!

1 hour ago, kevkees said:

The console version of 24 is so much faster than 23, I like it a lot. Just a minor gripe: On the buy in pop-ups you can't open the player information or anything else. So it is sometimes hard to make an informed decision. 

Might be worth opening a bug thread on that.

21 hours ago, Cptblag said:

As for the Touchscreen issue, we have tried to replicate this internally and it's been working as intended. I've put together a bug thread here, can those affected share some device information in that thread to help us investigate?

Thanks for the update Dan. Certainly for myself but I suspect all of us have the same issue in that we are unable to start Fm24 console from the gamepass start screen on the tablets as it is asking for us to connect a compatible controller. We therefore don't know if the actual touch element is working in game or not. 

9 minutes ago, Mcl2017 said:

Thanks for the update Dan. Certainly for myself but I suspect all of us have the same issue in that we are unable to start Fm24 console from the gamepass start screen on the tablets as it is asking for us to connect a compatible controller. We therefore don't know if the actual touch element is working in game or not. 

I have connected a controller and can confirm that the touch screen doesn't work when in the game

7 minutes ago, Cptblag said:

I have connected a controller and can confirm that the touch screen doesn't work when in the game

Guess there should be the "touch" icon on the tile of FM24 in the cloud gaming screen as it was in FM23...

image.png.8637c45f84c4c9de9cf11d8abb405262.png

19 hours ago, Dan Sheppard said:

Even if you could just clarify if it is intented to be touch screen and its a technical error or if touch wont be supported on FM24.

Thanks.

42 minutes ago, Hexper0 said:

BEA33075-7A53-4EB1-A5BE-A025F12B7C2F.thumb.png.59843e8db74eb3b3f2826bddc8de6816.png04E558B5-93BA-418C-94E3-9EC16E4448D0.thumb.png.920c2129db4e7b6ed657195ace539388.pngFirst image, no ratings shown until half-time

Second image , look at that mess after i substitute players.

whole UI on iPhone is disastrous.

I’d recommend you open a bug report via the Touch Bugs Forum please 

On 07/11/2023 at 16:06, therealquiz said:

Even if you could just clarify if it is intented to be touch screen and its a technical error or if touch wont be supported on FM24.

Thanks.

It was intended to be supported and I'm pleased to say this has just been fixed, please shout if anyone still has issues.

looks good visually, but i really can’t tell you how disappointed i was when i found out that the single most deal breaking bug for me last year, which i flagged myself, wasn’t even addressed by the looks of it. everything around the advanced stats is totally broken, you can’t even look at xG on a squad view, you have to manually look through every single player to get any information. it only works with your own players, so scouting by stats is just impossible. i was just as disappointed to see that we still can’t look at the analytics of any match, so preparing for important games relies on just guessing what the other team may do, it really breaks the immersion.

honestly, no amount of ME and graphics upgrades will ever make up for this game-breaking bugs not being addressed. 

On 06/11/2023 at 12:34, BuryBlade said:

Is it not possible to customise set piece routines? I cant find any options to make changes once the initial options have been selected.

IMG_0291.thumb.jpeg.c9e2f344a0985b1630a246e45d890dc4.jpeg

this was the nail in the coffin. why is this a thing? what’s the point of “overhauling” the set piece creator if you can’t actually create a set piece?? sure it helps that the game gives you a structure, but surely we should be able to swap players around right? i don’t want one of my best creators staying back just because he is a defensive monster, or a good counterattacking player defending in the box. in my eyes, this are enough bad things to make this “feature” feel the same as the old set piece creator, or even worse…

Can we not create our own custom players anymore, was a really neat feature that my friends and I used to put ourselves into the game and simulate our own custom club. When I tried to create a player it did not allow me to change anything it just auto-generated a random player and did not let me access him at all. Is this just an early bug or can you not actually create your own players in FM24 touch this year? 

1 minute ago, shadow12 said:

Can we not create our own custom players anymore, was a really neat feature that my friends and I used to put ourselves into the game and simulate our own custom club. When I tried to create a player it did not allow me to change anything it just auto-generated a random player and did not let me access him at all. Is this just an early bug or can you not actually create your own players in FM24 touch this year? 

This is a known issue and should be resolved in a future update :) 

Can someone tell me how the database is performing in touch this year? I tried the 2023 version but the player pool was so stripped down that it wasn't enjoyable. I would load the max number of leagues but then it wouldn't generate basically any players outside of those leagues. Searching for gem newgens after 4-5 years was my favorite part of the game and the tiny database really killed that for me.

Alternatively, is this better in the console version available via GamePass? 

Play on Xbox game pass cloud.

Would love to see the ability to filter search by work permit likely. It's in recruiting, but my scouts suck butt when looking for specific positional players.

Should be there.

Alternatively, supporting gamepad navigation on PC would also help my use case.