The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

4 hours ago, Shankly84 said:

Where is everyone getting their database add-ons from when using leagues outside of the original game? I'm tempted by Luxembourg or maybe somewhere like Kazakhstan. I just don't want to get into a save and then discover the format is incorrect or there are bugs. Cheers,

There's a great editor part on these forums and that's where I tend to get my databases like Carribbean and Luxembourg.

https://community.sigames.com/forums/forum/860-editors-hideaway-download-forum-fm23/

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Bummer to lose him, that's the rub playing in the Caribbean in these early years. Are either of the other dominant clubs professional? I don't remember if they start professional.

If he gets transfered outside of Barmuda you will get a small percentage of the transfer as the development club,  like 2-5%. A pittance I know, especially with how valuable each dollar is in the Caribbean. 

Everyone is Semi-Pro with terrible facilities so players don't really develop, but I'll happily take 2-5% if it helps keep some of the best players in the future.

Hi Folks, 

I am doing a save with Dulwich Hamlet but my youth team isn't playing any competitive games, and haven't since 2028 when they won the national U18 South east league. 

I think I might have refused the invitation to join the league in the following season, but I haven't had an invitation to do this any year since, and I'm now in 2033. Any ideas? Don't know if I am just being stupid. 

16 minutes ago, Plasda said:

Hi Folks, 

I am doing a save with Dulwich Hamlet but my youth team isn't playing any competitive games, and haven't since 2028 when they won the national U18 South east league. 

I think I might have refused the invitation to join the league in the following season, but I haven't had an invitation to do this any year since, and I'm now in 2033. Any ideas? Don't know if I am just being stupid. 

You need to increase your youth level. In England the youth level of your team decides what youth competition your youth team enters.

4 hours ago, XaW said:

You need to increase your youth level. In England the youth level of your team decides what youth competition your youth team enters.

This isn't it unfortunately, lots of teams in my league have the same youth level as me with no issues. 

42 minutes ago, michiganhugefan said:

image.png.fe874908d026dc2fdba6eaa1e7152933.png

Undy Athletic

Wales

mNklwpv.png

Decided to take over Undy in the JD Cymru South

PUzcgED.pngThe squad is actually quite larger than I was expecting although most are filler that I'd hope to be immediately replacing with any new youth prospects.

SnndXIo.png

3 players graduated the academy at the club in the year 0 in tier 3

ZqF8dPz.png

One of my best players already, probably gonna start with him on the left side but the versatility is nice where I could play him through the middle anywhere from CM to ST if need be.

NFjTS1x.png

Another one immediately for the first team. Like the fairly professional and seems to be good room to grow.

L0k19zl.png

Nearly missed this one in my U19s, but I think there's some things to like about this guy. like some of his mentals for sure. Laughable that he's apparently able to play CB as well, that will not be happening.
TujdPmN.png

We're picked to finish 15th, but surely we can get ourselves at least up to 13th, that's only 2 spots.

Well, hopefully we get to a season 1 review with this one, fingers crossed.

Also my backup GK is my 3rd choice striker who has a GK rating of 6

Bit of a youth setup costs query.

Since our promotion to the Championship, our costs have skyrocketed and I'm not entirely sure why. We've had no upgrades, but you can see as per the picture below just how substantial the increase is. Literally the only difference has been going from Scottish League 1 to Scottish Championship. It does seem to have stopped in October with no expenditure, but that took me completely off guard.

image.thumb.png.b4ef430d492150d56e2950bc3f193adf.png

8 minutos atrás, Anners disse:

Bit of a youth setup costs query.

Since our promotion to the Championship, our costs have skyrocketed and I'm not entirely sure why. We've had no upgrades, but you can see as per the picture below just how substantial the increase is. Literally the only difference has been going from Scottish League 1 to Scottish Championship. It does seem to have stopped in October with no expenditure, but that took me completely off guard.

image.thumb.png.b4ef430d492150d56e2950bc3f193adf.png

Did you turn professional ? If thats the case, costs go up in everything.

Edited by The7Striker

8 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Did you turn professional ? If thats the case, costs go up in everything.

Nope, no change in status there.

Last season was £182,090 in total. This season I'm already at £592,994.

Unless I'm about to get about 10 wonderkids but it's been consistent throughout in terms of costs till now.

10 minutes ago, Anners said:

Nope, no change in status there.

Last season was £182,090 in total. This season I'm already at £592,994.

Unless I'm about to get about 10 wonderkids but it's been consistent throughout in terms of costs till now.

Big change in Rep?

9 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Big change in Rep?

Nope! Still sat at 1.5 stars for reputation, classed as Regional (it looks to switch to National when you hit 2 and a bit stars, but it's not that).

I've got a backup save from March 2036 that I've been comparing to and there's zero change. 

Damn, my GK keeps sabotaging my save... he is ordered to play the ball short in our defence line to start build up from there... sometimes he pings the ball to the midfield where its lost, or he sends his backline forward to play a short pass on the opposite striker. He costs me so many points but he is my best GK for now...

On 19/11/2023 at 17:03, korvalis said:

Always fun when you're trying to sign the team up to full time contracts, and two of the best players don't want to sign. :seagull:

2027Issue1.png.f029adb458a0d558958c6b0e7cf25b2d.png2027Issue2.png.be9d1e4720bff3b4a67c3c908415d4cc.png

To be fair, with that lovely golden mane, Mats probably wants to leave Lidingo to pursue the inevitable life of model and all around hunk that awaits him. David Ginola will have nothing on that kid!

Edited by AndrikoDS

Is there any chance to convince the board to give me a U21s team while we are in the VNN? Some of my youth players have outgrown my U18 team and I want to give them some playing time but some of them wont get a lown club. I also cant search for a affiliate to loan them out there. Right now I have 5 players out on loan

image.png.8d1c3eb9a32e4c24ffa243f4ae906307.png

Season 1 - Rein Meer AKA ReinBerg - Japan - J3 League - Youth Intake Preview

Just a small update here. I am still LOVING Japan, even with a new club and the issues I had at Haneda (FC Honda).

I quickly settled into life at ReinBerg playing an attractive 4-4-2 system with LOADS of goals being scored both For and Against.

Improvements

We actually got TWO junior coaching upgrades (no youth network improvements though :( )

image.thumb.png.ba845b4b05bda4982a6948e4de4ec940.png

image.thumb.png.d7c23e315d0066d6e2c988ec55d59b0c.png

New Contract

I signed a new deal

image.thumb.png.986c16e9fd560b57ef75756d82f6edd7.png

And we got Youth Facilities upgraded, which must have been in the works before I arrived, as I never requested or saw any news about it until this popped up.

image.thumb.png.9de39b006b6082571715671fbae63f8e.png

Youth Intake Preview

As for the Youth Intake Preview....it was absolutely DIRE!!! E's for days!

image.thumb.png.a36b5318d84413cd28a1733a19de6eee.png

Edited by glennuk

8 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

I swear @XaW you get the most varied intake nationalities I’ve seen on here.

Congrats on the promotion

Always upping that youth recruitment! :D

But I dunno, I thought I saw someone getting someone from Brunei here...

A while back there was talk about corrupted save games when adding leagues/nations along the way. Since 99% playing this challenge will be doing that, I wanted to let you know I have added several leagues and no corrupt save game problem here after several years. 

Meanwhile in Belgium.....

My board set me a transfer budget of minus 800k, despite us having 4m in the bank.

I can't adjust the wage budget and scouting budget to counter this.

Then this happens

BrentMeister_Inbox-4.png.6e7ebdef61527422ceb1c58b31a72526.png

...then this (he's our best player and there's no option to ask the board to reconsider like in previous versions)

BrentMeister_Inbox-3.png.a8d5b091baaf408bb71726853c593f52.png

AymarMwamba_Profile-3.thumb.png.9c865055bc1c3d8125134c226c31b485.png

BrentMeister_Inbox-5.png.e1759b4c43ddd553550d6ecbd5c537cd.png

It's so frustrating. I'm considering quitting and going somewhere sensible.

Edited by Brentmeister

Does anyone know how to force, adjusting the budget? I can't drag the slider at all.

I have almost 30k pw available in excess wages, that's about 1.5m, but I can't adjust the budget. My board will surely start selling more of my players if I can't do it.

SCEendrachtAalst_Summary.png.7e7bcabf72ad6b40bc86eed0c4d896a1.png

Just starting to get some time on the save again, entering season 3 in Israel.

Been given a tough draw in the Europa Conference 2nd Qualifying Round against Dynamo Kyiv, could be a case of European adventure over as quickly as it started!

Anyway, thought I'd share this friendly match review:

S3_FriendlyScoreline.thumb.png.45512d3cbf5067e320cfbd81e9fe63f5.png

Biggest scoreline I've ever had in FM (this was after a 15-1 win). I normally like to play small teams right before the first competitive match (Kyiv) but I never get scorelines like this (and this is my second string team as well)