[FM23] Canadian Megapatch (w/ proper 2024 CCL format)

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I'm sure you have already sorted the 2 Kaisers (Markus I think), but were you aware Robbie Cleary doesn't show? I haven't started a save with this file yet so I haven't been able to check.

I haven't touch the players side. No time this year to do it - but I believe the Cleary issue is because he is a NCAA player.

3 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I just loaded up Canada's advanced rules to see. Looks like they (YSG?) added the AMSL:

draft1.thumb.png.43af0aa07b4822fa8c8b09910c6eae0c.png

Looks very promising for editing. Not sure if it's that simple or if there's something hard-coded in those competitions as well, don't have time to rest right this minute.

As the AMSL has been added, I would assume that it is easy enough to change the "pool" of players and the fact that YSG has also added 2 expansion sides to the draft is promising as I seem to remember there being issues when trying to modify the MLS draft. I'm curious as to whether the date can be changed as the draft is usually late January.

21 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Unless it has been changed, the 3 League1 divisions (L1O, L1BC and PLSQ). I'm just curious as to whether the date and source of players can be changed.

These are the leagues the players come from… date is nov 12th and it’s a two round league and not all teams draft my first league some teams opt to pass

1 hour ago, Fmfan00 said:

These are the leagues the players come from… date is nov 12th and it’s a two round league and not all teams draft my first league some teams opt to pass

Yes, but in real life, the teams are U-Sports (I understand some of the players also play for League1 teams) and the draft is mid to late January. That is what I want to replicate. The format is the same as real life in that it is two rounds.

Yes, you can adjust the leagues drawn from. The vanilla incorrectly had PCSL so I switched it to L1BC. We made the decision to basically have L1C since many USPORTS players also play in that league. That said, you could technically add all the USPORTS leagues I had added to the game. The issue is they don't generate much players so I didn't bother selecting them.

40 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Yes, you can adjust the leagues drawn from. The vanilla incorrectly had PCSL so I switched it to L1BC. We made the decision to basically have L1C since many USPORTS players also play in that league. That said, you could technically add all the USPORTS leagues I had added to the game. The issue is they don't generate much players so I didn't bother selecting them.

I thought that was the case. Is it also possible to change the date of the draft? I mean, the date isn't really a big issue for me, but it's just me being awkward I guess.

Edited by EnigMattic1

Is this the one that was featured in Football Manager Therapy podcast a few years ago? Obvs a different iteration but was it your database for that release they used @yellowsweatygorilla?

Had a go in Canada last year during a Pentagon challenge and enjoyed it but thought the salary cap was restrictive so the fact that this release grows it and then removes it sounds perfect, definitely gunna have a go with. 

1 hour ago, metallimuse said:

Is this the one that was featured in Football Manager Therapy podcast a few years ago? Obvs a different iteration but was it your database for that release they used @yellowsweatygorilla?

Had a go in Canada last year during a Pentagon challenge and enjoyed it but thought the salary cap was restrictive so the fact that this release grows it and then removes it sounds perfect, definitely gunna have a go with. 

Oh wow, didn't know it was featured. It'd probably be mine since I think I have the only realism-based Canadian DB

15 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Ok, I changed the date of the draft to around the 18th/19th January and I can confirm that it works, pulling the players from the leagues selected on the date it was changed to.

I would of thought that the Canadian players form TFC, Whitecaps and CF Montreals would go Canada route go CSI route not US route

This DB is really good!   I'm loving it and have been slogging it in the L1O Championship.    I may have found a couple errors that I think may be easy-ish fixes.

1.  The "League 1 Ontario League Cup", which starts in 2024, has the first round called "Second Round" and the second round called "First Round"

2.  The quarter finals of the playoffs (from 2024 onward) in the L1O Championship have 3rd v 4th and 5th v 6th.   I suspect it should be 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th.   no?

3.  Perhaps more difficult to fix is that no matter what happens in 2022 and 2023, the same clubs always end up in the L1O Championship once it forms in 2024.  Also, those clubs that are destined for L1O Championship in 2024 get no credit in the trophy case, or in the competition history for their performances in L1O Premiership in 2022 or 2023.  

I've really been enjoying playing some of these more local, lower league clubs.     Thanks for making it possible!

7 hours ago, rhenders said:

This DB is really good!   I'm loving it and have been slogging it in the L1O Championship.    I may have found a couple errors that I think may be easy-ish fixes.

1.  The "League 1 Ontario League Cup", which starts in 2024, has the first round called "Second Round" and the second round called "First Round"

2.  The quarter finals of the playoffs (from 2024 onward) in the L1O Championship have 3rd v 4th and 5th v 6th.   I suspect it should be 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th.   no?

3.  Perhaps more difficult to fix is that no matter what happens in 2022 and 2023, the same clubs always end up in the L1O Championship once it forms in 2024.  Also, those clubs that are destined for L1O Championship in 2024 get no credit in the trophy case, or in the competition history for their performances in L1O Premiership in 2022 or 2023.  

I've really been enjoying playing some of these more local, lower league clubs.     Thanks for making it possible!

Thanks for this! I didn't have time to test so will make these fixes soon

Was beyond rattled to sim to 2026 and see Canada playing their World Cup group games at Arrowhead Stadium. F*cking SI can't even use the stadia in the bid book? I might have to redo the World Cup in the editor just for that, I realize it's a tiny thing but I always want my Canada career games to end up managing them at a WC. edit: this isn't due to the Megapatch, which is brilliant, just a general comment about managing Canada in the default FM

Edited by themodelcitizen

4 hours ago, ivansze2010 said:

Yeah, was sad to hear that. My understanding is that there was interest, but the current owner wanted any new owner to take on debt from Edmonton's NASL days.

Given that it says that it is "short term", one option could be to remove the team from the league, give them a transfer ban and have them rejoin in a few years? Obviously, this is yellow's file so any decision regarding Edmonton is, ultimately, his.

Great work, I've never played the Canadian league before but after seeing your work I'll defo be playing it. 

Just one slight issue that I have compared to your screenshots. If you look at my league table ATO are missing their badge/logo and the team name is in full. Is there anyway that I can fix that?

Cheers 

Canada.JPG.3104e7fed390c5964e19827ee039fd69.JPG

On 22/11/2022 at 02:41, EnigMattic1 said:

Yeah, was sad to hear that. My understanding is that there was interest, but the current owner wanted any new owner to take on debt from Edmonton's NASL days.

Given that it says that it is "short term", one option could be to remove the team from the league, give them a transfer ban and have them rejoin in a few years? Obviously, this is yellow's file so any decision regarding Edmonton is, ultimately, his.

I talked it over with others on the discord and it seems like most are saying just leave it since FCE will likely return in 2-3 years. For next year's game, I'll probably have them come in with the expansion teams in 2024, but not worth the trouble atm to remove them and trying to figure out how to make a 11 team league function.

32 minutes ago, littledragon84 said:

Great work, I've never played the Canadian league before but after seeing your work I'll defo be playing it. 

Just one slight issue that I have compared to your screenshots. If you look at my league table ATO are missing their badge/logo and the team name is in full. Is there anyway that I can fix that?

Cheers 

Canada.JPG.3104e7fed390c5964e19827ee039fd69.JPG

I don't make any changes to the CPL badges ... hmm. not sure why it's like that for your game?

1 hour ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I don't make any changes to the CPL badges ... hmm. not sure why it's like that for your game?

I downloaded your file via Steam. I don't have any other Canadian files in my Editor folder. I'll delete the file and add it again and hopefully the team name updates and badge appears

2 hours ago, littledragon84 said:

I downloaded your file via Steam. I don't have any other Canadian files in my Editor folder. I'll delete the file and add it again and hopefully the team name updates and badge appears

try downloading the one from my website. ALl my graphics additions are there.

7 hours ago, littledragon84 said:

I've seen that happen to a few teams. Do you have any graphics packs installed? I found that the graphics in question were missing from the pack (but the teams I had problems with were L1O). As @yellowsweatygorillasaid, this isn't to do with his file.

8 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I talked it over with others on the discord and it seems like most are saying just leave it since FCE will likely return in 2-3 years. For next year's game, I'll probably have them come in with the expansion teams in 2024, but not worth the trouble atm to remove them and trying to figure out how to make a 11 team league function.

Yeah, that makes sense. I mean, from what I've read, it seems like the CPL will let them back in if they get new owners and a soccer specific stadium.

4 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I've seen that happen to a few teams. Do you have any graphics packs installed? I found that the graphics in question were missing from the pack (but the teams I had problems with were L1O). As @yellowsweatygorillasaid, this isn't to do with his file.

Yeah I have another graphics pack with tons of logos, so I'll go onto there and view the logo for Atletico 

I just updated the file with the two new expansion teams, L1BC's Harbourside FC, the L1C championship playoff that will begin in 2024 (and the winner becomes the solitary L1C Canadian Championship team), excitedly simple solution to MLSNP teams (TFC II and Whitecaps II) not signing Canadians, and more. (see above)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question here. I know you have removed youth recruitment for certain teams due to the lack of an academy side but, regarding Valour, they have their "High Performance Program" and, last year, a number of players from their "High Performance" squad moved up and trained with the first team. Would the High Performance squad not class as an u18 team? I know the goal is for it to operate as an academy side in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/12/2022 at 04:04, Gum said:

The new update has basically made this file incompatible with any USA database that includes MLS Next Pro. I had to open your file in the editor and manually remove the changes that you made which caused this error to happen. Just a heads up @yellowsweatygorilla

if you want it to be compatible, you'll have to move TFC II and WFCII back to their respective mLSNP divisions. For my file, they're in this 'Canadian' division in order to make sure AI signs Canadians instead of Americans.

On 20/12/2022 at 04:04, Gum said:

The new update has basically made this file incompatible with any USA database that includes MLS Next Pro. I had to open your file in the editor and manually remove the changes that you made which caused this error to happen. Just a heads up @yellowsweatygorilla

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2904897119&searchtext=

This currently works with Yellows file that it is at currently without changing anything...

I'm getting a constant crash (3x) at the same place in Jun 2022. Managing FC Kelowna. It happens 5 days before first Canadian Championship round against Athletico.

From the images, you can see that it's the same day, but that the previous match results are different.

I'll try going on holiday for 1 day to see what happens.

EDIT: Still crashes on holiday.

e244458c-ab17-48cd-be9f-4d874e695344.jpg

fcd52489-07f2-49e8-bb69-be8bb3a04136.jpg

dc18907e-4c62-4331-a1e6-fb0eafd74958.jpg

Edited by sizzlingpopcorn

56 minutes ago, sizzlingpopcorn said:

I'm getting a constant crash (3x) at the same place in Jun 2022. Managing FC Kelowna. It happens 5 days before first Canadian Championship round against Athletico.

From the images, you can see that it's the same day, but that the previous match results are different.

I'll try going on holiday for 1 day to see what happens.

EDIT: Still crashes on holiday.

e244458c-ab17-48cd-be9f-4d874e695344.jpg

fcd52489-07f2-49e8-bb69-be8bb3a04136.jpg

dc18907e-4c62-4331-a1e6-fb0eafd74958.jpg

Question... do you have any other databases loaded.. i myself am playing the database on basically what i did was started unemployed applied for the jobs and then soon as i got the job i auto simulated to August 2023 and then i have been able to play form there... 

Thanks for doing this again! I got most of the way through season one in my vanilla Forge FC save when I learned the cap does not increase. This should make things way less of a headache long term. Great to talk to you in-game at my first press conference!

I ran into a small conflict with the logos and another logo pack but I was able to just replace some existing logos with your's and we're back in business.

Also, does this get rid of the U21 minutes quota? I'm not complaining, just wondering.

Edited by SeedSnatcher

• 2 weeks later...