[FM23][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated January 22nd*

sebastian_starttrbts

Unfortunately, there was a small issue with the Attribute Analysis Details.

While implementing, I accidentally skipped one attribute code and therefore every star in the Aerial and Mental section was shifted.

I fixed it and updated the Download, so everything should be fine now.

Edited by sebastian_starttrbts

Is there a way to remove attribute analysis polygon altogether or at least to make it unreadable if selected/shown somewhere?

Is there a way to remove CA/PA stars along with scouts description about player's CA/PA?

Thanks.

Edited by Haiku

8 hours ago, Haiku said:

Is there a way to remove attribute analysis polygon altogether or at least to make it unreadable if selected/shown somewhere?

Is there a way to remove CA/PA stars along with scouts description about player's CA/PA?

Thanks.

To Remove the Attribute Analysis Polygon, you'll need to adjust two files located in the StarAttributes23/panels/player-folder: 

Simply remove the parts I highlighted with the red box:

- player overview attributes tab selector panel.xml 

image.thumb.png.c95129c077e956d11cfc09561a014a43.png

- player scout reports analysis subpanel.xml

1741801214_Screenshot2022-11-12at08_57_39.thumb.png.ba0733236e8aea6d029591a7b76177bb.png

And there is a way to remove CA/PA:

You'll need to figure out the respective ids for the CA/PA-commands in the person properties.xml and remove them in every panel I adjusted and in addition in every panel I did not touch and put them in the skin-folder together.

21 hours ago, Haiku said:

Thank you! This skin is a game changer for me.

Managed to replace the CA/PA star system with bars that are less predictable, because half stars and unknown potential (white stars) are ignored.

Well done :)  I'm glad you enjoy it that much :D

18 hours ago, iAdax said:

@sebastian_starttrbts do you know what panels these images come from? I'm attempting to add your changes into my own custom skin and I can't seem to locate these panels. If you notice the first attribute is missing its title.

Is this a screenshot from the Monthly Staff Meeting?

In that case you should try the person properties.xml located in StarAttributes23/properties.

And unfortunately, the missing label for the first attribute is an issue I have no idea where it is coming from.

IMPORTANT:

How to make it work after Downloading:

• Put "StarAttributes23" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes23" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • exit Football Manager and reopen for person properties.xml to load
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes

On 21/11/2022 at 14:19, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Is this a screenshot from the Monthly Staff Meeting?

In that case you should try the person properties.xml located in StarAttributes23/properties.

And unfortunately, the missing label for the first attribute is an issue I have no idea where it is coming from.

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town. Yes, the screenshot is from the monthly staff meeting.

I do think that is the right file but nothing is jumping out to me as the cause of this issue. I'll post back here if I end up figuring it out.

On 24/11/2022 at 15:54, nielsvg99 said:

Where is the file located that enables you to not see the compared stats in the tactics screen when you hover a player on another?

Might want to mess around with that one

The player attributes comparison panel tactics.xml (located in StarAttributes/panels/player) is responsible for the following change:

image.thumb.png.b4ba1f66cca5eebb880366dff219e6e8.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2022 at 01:24, Dotsworthy said:

Hey man,

Noticing that when I try to incorporate your stars into my custom skin for staff the attributes are offset. Should it have a particular height or alignment in non_player_attributes_panel ?

If I remember correctly, you'll need to adjust the stars' position for each attribute section (Medical, Data Analyst, Coaching,...) via the inset-commands in the non player attributes panel:

751822409_Screenshot2022-12-12at10_57_18.thumb.png.71f5cf891af3f945a3933fa3b6f3569f.png

58 minutes ago, PequenoGenio said:

Hi. How to revert this skin to the atributts? I really like the layout from player overview

First of all you could delete the properties folder.

In Addition you'll need to replace every "size="0" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/star1""-command with "style="semi_bold" size="small"". And there should be some commands for star and star2 as well.

It may be another approach to extract a new skin-folder via the Ressource Archiver and then just copy the files mentioned in the player overview panel and adjust them. 

Thanks but it didn't work as the "Overview part" still doesn't appear in the "comparison panel" ! Did you remove it on purpose ? Would really be very grateful if there's a way to put it back because it gives a rough idea about players which is the whole point of this great skin ! :)

Edited by dieguitoch

46 minutes ago, dieguitoch said:

Thanks but it didn't work as the "Overview part" still doesn't appear in the "comparison panel" ! Did you remove it on purpose ? Would really be very grateful if there's a way to put it back because it gives a rough idea about players which is the whole point of this great skin ! :)

Yes, I removed it on purpose, but deleting the player comparison.xml, afterwards clearing the cache and reloading the skin should bring back the overview tab:

1983005951_Screenshot2022-12-17at11_38_47.thumb.png.78e8a34a83bcc0ee28959956a979b0db.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. This looks awesome and I'd love to give it a go. I like the default skin with the game though so if I wanted the default skin but just the numerical attributes replaced with stars, what would I need to keep/delete? Sorry if this is obvious, I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing! Thanks in advance for your help.

34 minutes ago, DanBeats90 said:

Hi. This looks awesome and I'd love to give it a go. I like the default skin with the game though so if I wanted the default skin but just the numerical attributes replaced with stars, what would I need to keep/delete? Sorry if this is obvious, I'm a complete novice at this sort of thing! Thanks in advance for your help.

You could start by extracting the default skin via the Resource Archiver (or you just download the base skin in the Skinning Hideout) and then you copy the graphics- and the properties-folder from StarAttributes. This should replace some numeric attributes at least. And afterwards you'll need to look for the files I replaced the attributes in (look for "size="0" appearance="") and then you'll need to do the same in the default panels without any visual adjustments.

I'm sorry that there is no "easier" way to implement the stars. 

On 03/01/2023 at 19:39, ignas62 said:

Hi,

first of all thank you for this skin - I can't have a proper save without it anymore :)

Is it possible to merge (or add stars as attributes) to FMEnhanced skin?

Hello, I'm glad you enjoy StarAttributes that much :)

Implementing the stars into other skins is possible, but it is more like creating a whole new skin.

First of all you'll copy the graphics and the properties-folder. This should already replace some numeric attributes. Afterwards you'll need to look for all the panels I replaced the attributes in and check whether they exist in the other skin. If so, they might be responsible for some graphical adjustments and you won't be able to implement the stars by simply replacing them. Instead you'll need to manually replace the relevant commands in the other skin's panel files one by one.

• sebastian_starttrbts changed the title to [FM23][Skin] Non-numeric attributes [★] *updated January 22nd*

*updated January 22nd*

Changelog:

• new player profile, including information on "position played in" next to the player position indicator panel
  • new scouting report card similar to the player profile
  • new club overview including league table and history, stadium pictures, manager stats, last starting eleven and trophies won
  • player faces and information on left and right foot ability as well as on condition and match sharpness on the tactics screen
  • implemented coaching, recruitment and medical team list to staff overview

StarAttributes23.1_3.thumb.jpg.9cd83a13b064b4e1ec6f64f28b70a443.jpg

StarAttributes23.1_2.thumb.jpg.a2ca09fa2383c8b1bb8f8e3557cb25e5.jpg

StarAttributes23.1_6.thumb.jpg.25e5da5b9a49f9eef444d7a8863b7d1f.jpg

StarAttributes23.1_1.thumb.jpg.9da2495271c280c8f650fe32c73429a1.jpg

IMPORTANT:

How to make it work after Downloading:

• Put "StarAttributes23.1" in your skin-folder
  • open Football Manager, go to Preferences, choose "StarAttributes23.1" and reload skin -> now player and staff profiles show stars, while the different views still show numeric attributes
  • exit Football Manager and reopen for person properties.xml to load
  • finally custom views as well as specific player role views show non-numeric attributes

• 1 month later...

Hi

I just love this skin.

However, for the life of me I cannot get boxes with written info to fit properly.  For example, three boxes on the player profiles which show their Reputation, Personality etc.

Any ideas please?

Keep up the fabulous work

18 hours ago, C Dawwg said:

Hi

I just love this skin.

However, for the life of me I cannot get boxes with written info to fit properly.  For example, three boxes on the player profiles which show their Reputation, Personality etc.

Any ideas please?

Keep up the fabulous work

Have you tried to adjust the screen resolution?

StarAttributes was developed in Full Screen Window Mode with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (Standard Size 100%). If you use a lower resolution, some text elements may be cut off due to the lack of vertical and horizontal space. Maybe you could show me a screenshot in combination with the resolution you are using.

On 04/03/2023 at 10:45, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Have you tried to adjust the screen resolution?

StarAttributes was developed in Full Screen Window Mode with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (Standard Size 100%). If you use a lower resolution, some text elements may be cut off due to the lack of vertical and horizontal space. Maybe you could show me a screenshot in combination with the resolution you are using.

It seems to not be as supported following the patch update. I haven't played for a while but I don't recall having these issues previously since your last update when I loaded to test/take a look. I've tried various in-game zooms and it is the same to varying degrees. Issues in both windowed and fullscreen for me (below is on 85% ingame zoom). I'm running 1920x1080 and 100% Windows scale.

Is yours still performing as expected after the update?

20230305122639_1.thumb.jpg.6b07858eca705f9b41c827ab26acf81c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @sebastian_starttrbts,

I would really like to try out your skin, and play with the stars on the attributes, however, I have a problem, and would like to know if you can help me...

The skin has a bigger resolution, than the one that my laptop has, which makes it difficult for all the information on the club, and player panels, for example, to appear correctly. That said, is there any way for us to delete some of those information, and make the skin more "friendly", for the resolution tht I use?

I hope I explained well, what my idea is...

Thanks

On 05/03/2023 at 13:33, Mikal said:

It seems to not be as supported following the patch update. I haven't played for a while but I don't recall having these issues previously since your last update when I loaded to test/take a look. I've tried various in-game zooms and it is the same to varying degrees. Issues in both windowed and fullscreen for me (below is on 85% ingame zoom). I'm running 1920x1080 and 100% Windows scale.

Is yours still performing as expected after the update?

Thank you for showing me a screenshot of the issue.

To be honest, I'm not sure whether it worked on 1920x1080 with 85% ingame zoom before the update, since I'm playing and developed the skin in Full Screen Window Mode with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (Standard Size 100%). But changing the screen resolution to 1920x1080 created a view similar to your screenshot on my computer as well. 

1 hour ago, paconaifas said:

Hi @sebastian_starttrbts,

I would really like to try out your skin, and play with the stars on the attributes, however, I have a problem, and would like to know if you can help me...

The skin has a bigger resolution, than the one that my laptop has, which makes it difficult for all the information on the club, and player panels, for example, to appear correctly. That said, is there any way for us to delete some of those information, and make the skin more "friendly", for the resolution tht I use?

I hope I explained well, what my idea is...

Thanks

Hello @paconaifas,

I feel like I understand what you're thinking about.

The skin is developed in Full Screen Window Mode with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (Standard Size 100%). The different "panels" are arranged using a specific ratio. For example, the player overview panel has a layout of "-100,-208,-192". This means that the three vertical sections are arranged using a height-ratio of 100 for the top section, 208 for the middle and 192 for the bottom section (total height=500 and rescaled for different resolutions). Given your laptop-screen with a smaller height, each section will be in the same ratio but due to fixed heights for specific elements some parts unfortunately won't appear at the moment.

There might be an approach to change the containers to hide elements that exceed the maximum height or width, but this would require some more editing than just removing one part and replace another one. And in addition some elements won't be visible anymore. I'll have to think about a possible solution.

8 minutos atrás, sebastian_starttrbts disse:

Hello @paconaifas,

I feel like I understand what you're thinking about.

The skin is developed in Full Screen Window Mode with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (Standard Size 100%). The different "panels" are arranged using a specific ratio. For example, the player overview panel has a layout of "-100,-208,-192". This means that the three vertical sections are arranged using a height-ratio of 100 for the top section, 208 for the middle and 192 for the bottom section (total height=500 and rescaled for different resolutions). Given your laptop-screen with a smaller height, each section will be in the same ratio but due to fixed heights for specific elements some parts unfortunately won't appear at the moment.

There might be an approach to change the containers to hide elements that exceed the maximum height or width, but this would require some more editing than just removing one part and replace another one. And in addition some elements won't be visible anymore. I'll have to think about a possible solution.

Oh, that´s a pity,

Thanks anyway.

Cheers

13 hours ago, sebastian_starttrbts said:

Thank you for showing me a screenshot of the issue.

To be honest, I'm not sure whether it worked on 1920x1080 with 85% ingame zoom before the update, since I'm playing and developed the skin in Full Screen Window Mode with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 (Standard Size 100%). But changing the screen resolution to 1920x1080 created a view similar to your screenshot on my computer as well. 

Fair enough, no worries! Thanks for your skins over the years anyway, they've been great to use!

41 minutes ago, Mikal said:

Fair enough, no worries! Thanks for your skins over the years anyway, they've been great to use!

But since there are more people having issues concerning certain elements' visibility on different screen resolutions, I'll try to work on a solution as soon as possible. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Sebastian. The skin is great. Ive been using it for all my saves this year and Im really happy with it. However I would like to remove the consistency, injury proneness, big matches, versatility, and social group fit assesment from the coach or the scouts in the reports. Do you know how could I make this change? Thank you for all your work.

• 5 months later...
On 16/09/2023 at 15:43, jimjay203 said:

Hey @sebastian_starttrbts, is it possible stick with my favorite skin and just replace the attributes with stars? If so, can you name the files I have to touch/replace?

Hello @jimjay203,

Implementing the stars into other skins is possible, but it is more like creating a whole new skin.

First of all you'll copy the graphics and the properties-folder. This should already replace some numeric attributes. Afterwards you'll need to look for all the panels I replaced the attributes in and check whether they exist in the other skin. If so, they might be responsible for some graphical adjustments and you won't be able to implement the stars by simply replacing them. Instead you'll need to manually replace the relevant commands in the other skin's panel files one by one.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb sebastian_starttrbts:

Hello @jimjay203,

Thanks @sebastian_starttrbts for the reply! Sounds komplex but I would want to give it a try. Can you give me some hints what the commands in the panel files look like? I find it hard to find stuff in this xml-madness. I'm not completely lost though, so far I successfully combined some elements of the Zealand-Skin with the Tato-Skin. So I think with some hints and tipps I can do it :)

Edited by jimjay203