UNVEILED: The final 2022 World Cup squads

Rob1981

Just now, DJ said:

No Cillissen, no Flekken. Surprising. 

I guess LvG is sticking with 3 at the back system?

Something like:

Timber-De Ligt-VvD at the back

Dumfries/Hateboer and Malacia/Blind as wingbacks

De Jong and Koopmeiners should start in the middle?

And front three seems random. Gakpo is in the best form, with Depay being the highest reputation player. Third one is questionable? Maybe Bergwijn?

Or just stick another midfielder and go with 3-5-2?

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chosen people just released their list in cyrillic only, here's the translation. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

FhSBocrX0AAbl9z?format=jpg

Goalkeepers:
Marko Dmitrović,  Predrag Rajković, Vanja Milinković-Savić

Defenders:
Stefan Mitrović,  Nikola Milenković, Strahinja Pavlović, Miloš Veljković, Filip Mladenović, Strahinja Eraković, Srđan Babić

Midfielders:
Nemanja Gudelj, Sergej Milinković-Savić, Saša Lukić, Marko Grujić, Filip Kostić, Uroš Račić, Nemanja Maksimović, Ivan Ilić, Andrija Živković, Darko Lazović

Forwards:
Dušan Tadić, Aleksandar Mitrović, Dušan Vlahović, Filip Đuričić, Luka Jović, Nemanja Radonjić

• SI Staff
32 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

I guess LvG is sticking with 3 at the back system?

Something like:

Timber-De Ligt-VvD at the back

Dumfries/Hateboer and Malacia/Blind as wingbacks

De Jong and Koopmeiners should start in the middle?

And front three seems random. Gakpo is in the best form, with Depay being the highest reputation player. Third one is questionable? Maybe Bergwijn?

Or just stick another midfielder and go with 3-5-2?

No Hateboer - Frimpong.

Depay is not fit to start for the first 1-2 games

42 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Chosen people just released their list in cyrillic only, here's the translation. :rolleyes:

Reveal hidden contents

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:
Stefan Mitrović,  Nikola Milenković, Strahinja Pavlović, Miloš Veljković, Filip Mladenović, Strahinja Eraković, Srđan Babić

Midfielders:
Nemanja Gudelj, Sergej Milinković-Savić, Saša Lukić, Marko Grujić, Filip Kostić, Uroš Račić, Nemanja Maksimović, Ivan Ilić, Andrija Živković, Darko Lazović

Forwards:
Dušan Tadić, Aleksandar Mitrović, Dušan Vlahović, Filip Đuričić, Luka Jović, Nemanja Radonjić

Serbia such a weird side. All that history in the old Yugoslavia days and still keep turning up and looking alright in qualifying. Yet I have almost no memory of them even being there in 2010 and 2018.

13 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

Serbia such a weird side. All that history in the old Yugoslavia days and still keep turning up and looking alright in qualifying. Yet I have almost no memory of them even being there in 2010 and 2018.

For 20 years, they've been a textbook example of FA led by shady people and agents, always with internal issues and poor chemistry, despite having quality.

This is probably their best team (key word) in 20 years and I really expect them to make it out of the group.

Edited by GunmaN1905

3 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Goalkeepers:

Defenders:

Midfielders:

Forwards:

Heavenly people, I beg your pardon.

Pretty much as expected. I'd perhaps take Mihailo Ristic over Filip Mladenovic/Uros Racic but that's about it.

And we aren't getting past the group stage. As usual, **** always hits the fan before every big competition (if we qualify at all) and it's already started. We should have had elections in FA, to choose a new president, since our former president/smuggler from the good old days got removed from office. Officially, at least. Bjekovic, ex president of Partizan tried to fix it up so only he could be elected and few days ago he was supposed to be confirmed as new president but Crvena zvezda intervened so it all stopped. And who's supposed to be new presidential candidate? A former footballer? Former coach, someone who has ties with football? Nope, a former minister of agriculture and close pal with our overlord, Aleksandar Vucic. It's all laughable and some cruel, bloody joke. I'm so tired of this ****, man...

4 hours ago, DJ said:

No Cillissen, no Flekken. Surprising. 

it's a bit surprising that Lang is in the squad, especially as he's not very fortunate in his season for Club Brugge so far (also maybe due to the fact he didn't get a transfer deal)

3 hours ago, Darius1998 said:

Flekken completely missing out for Netherlands seems a little surprising.

As for Spain, nice to see Nico Williams make it. Iñaki switched to Ghana right?

as far as I know he's been named in the provisional Ghana squad, so let's wait and see if he makes it as well, would be nice

(maybe I missed the Ghana squad so if I did my apologies)

• SI Staff
13 minutes ago, buffalo said:

it's a bit surprising that Lang is in the squad, especially as he's not very fortunate in his season for Club Brugge so far (also maybe due to the fact he didn't get a transfer deal)

Yeah, many people were expecting Danjuma (Groeneveld) ahead of Noa Lang.
Noa has shown to be able to create something in a short space of time. Not that Danjuma can't do that - but I guess it adds to it. He does have a very determined attitude as well - looking at things positively.

19 minutes ago, buffalo said:

His attitude stinks though doesn't it?

4 minutes ago, Jeroen Thijssen said:

Yeah, many people were expecting Danjuma (Groeneveld) ahead of Noa Lang.
Noa has shown to be able to create something in a short space of time. Not that Danjuma can't do that - but I guess it adds to it. He does have a very determined attitude as well - looking at things positively.

yeah can see how he's a player that does have something that others don't have

1 hour ago, skybluedave said:

What's Argentina's likely starting line up?

Based on what I've seen, something like:

E Martínez; Molina, Romero, Otamendi, Tagliafico; Di María, De Paul, Paredes, Rodríguez; Messi, Lautaro Martínez

Unsure about rightback, that's seemed interchangeable. And I don't know who he's going to use to replace Lo Celso. He filled a kind of unique role as a left midfielder that can play inside. Like Matuidi for France and Juve a few years ago.

8 minutes ago, Astafjevs said:

Based on what I've seen, something like:

E Martínez; Molina, Romero, Otamendi, Tagliafico; Di María, De Paul, Paredes, Rodríguez; Messi, Lautaro Martínez

Unsure about rightback, that's seemed interchangeable. And I don't know who he's going to use to replace Lo Celso. He filled a kind of unique role as a left midfielder that can play inside. Like Matuidi for France and Juve a few years ago.

Molina should start as RB, Montiel is the backup.

Even though every lineup says 4-4-2, it was always more of some kind of asymetrical 4-3-3.

As you said, Lo Celso is a big loss. it's hard to guess who will replace him.

Paredes is a holding midfielder, much like Guido Rodriguez. More or less the same type of player.

Paredes pretty much didn't do anything this season, so Rodriguez should start, with De Paul being second of the three.

Enzo Fernandez looked great for Benfica, but he's only 21. Mac Allister seems unlikely, as does starting another winger in Nico Gonzalez.

Maybe Scaloni doubles the left flank with Acuna, he's also a high work rate player and not a natural LB.

13 minutes ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

They play well as a team though. 

No point having individuals that France/England etc do when their coach holds them back.

Over the past year, they've been by far the best team out of any NT.

They've got a great keeper, solid to quality defenders which look great in their system, quality midfield that complements the attack well and no other NT has the front trio that's even close to theirs in terms of chemistry and production.

Post-covid they have 18-5-0 in official matches and we all know how much more difficult South American qualifiers are.

With all the injuries, England's squad isn't even that good. People can laugh at Otamendi starting, but I'm taking Molina-Romero-Otamendi-Tagliafico over TAA-Stones-Maguire-Shaw any day of the week. Pickford or Martinez? De Paul-Guido Rodriguez-Enzo Fernandez or Mount-Rice-Bellingham? Di Maria-Lautaro-Messi or Foden-Kane-Sterling? Where's that quality difference England has?

Oh yeah, I forgot how EPL players are automatically 50% better than players from other leagues.

Edited by GunmaN1905

8 minutes ago, GunmaN1905 said:

They've got a great keeper, solid to quality defenders which look great in their system, quality midfield that complements the attack well and no other NT has the front trio that's even close to theirs in terms of chemistry and production.

Post-covid they have 18-5-0 in official matches and we all know how much more difficult South American qualifiers are.

With all the injuries, England's squad isn't even that good. People can laugh at Otamendi starting, but I'm taking Molina-Romero-Otamendi-Tagliafico over TAA-Stones-Maguire-Shaw any day of the week. Pickford or Martinez? De Paul-Guido Rodriguez-Enzo Fernandez or Mount-Rice-Bellingham? Di Maria-Lautaro-Messi or Foden-Kane-Sterling? Where's that quality difference England has?

Oh yeah, I forgot how EPL players are automatically 50% better than players from other leagues.

Yeah I have them as slight favourites over Brazil so you're preaching to the choir.

1 hour ago, EnterUsernameHere said:

They play well as a team though. 

No point having individuals that France/England etc do when their coach holds them back.

Yeah that’s fair, can’t say I’ve watched them for ages. Just don’t seem very strong on paper as a group of individuals.

2 hours ago, GunmaN1905 said:

Argentina are a well coached side, that minimise the weaknesses, but England do have loads of players that are/have excelled in Europe in past few seasons.