• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crewe United - Season One 23/24

Premier Intermediate League

Season Summary

Starting at Crewe United in Northern Ireland was a pleasant experience compared to starting in England as we had 38 players at the club, a lot of them we old but some looked really good for the league so i offered everyone non contract terms to ensure we had a chance for them to stay as i know the first season the challenge can be hard if you don't have a lot of players. We did lose 9 players during pre-season to other clubs but none of them were the important players i wanted to keep.

The season preview predicted us to finish 5th with odds of 7/2 to win the league and with the squad we had i expected to be challenging for the title. We started off the season with a win going top of the table and thats how it stayed until the end as we never moved from top place and comfortably won the league gaining promotion. we didn't lose our first league game until mid December and only lost 3 league games in total.

We also had a good cup run in the Northern Irish cup getting to the semi final, we were lucky with drawing teams either in our league or non league then got thumped 5-1 in the semi against the first top division side we played.

I tried a tactic i don't usually do going for a direct counter attack approach and created my own version and it seem to work really well in this league, i figured due to the low quality of players hoofing it forward as quick as possible might lead to a few goals and thats what happened as we finished with 73 goals in 27 games.

The Tactic:

Spoiler

image.png.78f380af6a0e2315f0379dd566b09c80.png

The league table:

Spoiler

image.png.bf7bcefdc489ff886c52220800e0d5f4.png

The youth preview was a good one, although no defensive midfielders were predicted which was a worry as we play with 2 of them:

Spoiler

image.png.e1164e56c6e042c106254afebf8fe5ce.png

The actual intake was a good one with 2 players looking ready for the first team and went straight into the side for the remaining 5 games:

Spoiler

image.png.d5df2f1549c8ef7174ea1a66109f9055.png

Ryan Burrows - A nice fast winger

image.png.d859cf263170a21295b1edab8d759b16.png

Aiden Gray - A centre back that comes in as our second best defender and looks like he could develop well and be a future team captain:

image.png.5b74e49252870608718ab622b827de1a.png

Kris Wilson - This striker also looks promising and will be starting next season as our 3rd choice striker, i'd like him to be faster but his stats are comparable with our 33 year old striker that scored 30 goals so he could also be able to score plenty in NI even without the speed i would like.

image.png.82714248d7375a40d8ac83f2cb29de11.png

Overall i was happy with the youth players, 2 definite starters, a striker that could become a starter and there are also several that will make good squad players next year. 

The board wouldn't agree to upgrade any facilities, the junior coaching isn't too bad but the rest is rubbish. The board did allow me to undertake my first coaching badge which was good.

My manager stats:

Spoiler

image.png.71e531428087c8eb8a55f50f55357eaa.png

Heres some spreadsheet data for the club, competitions and manager:

Spoiler

Club:

image.png.b13a2121f2efadcf837ea63e560041a1.png

Season:

image.png.a932bb3a297fb88ab469d2e9996ed337.png

Manager:

image.png.5059775b870659c4a6173df322ffc444.png

Next Season we will be able to offer part time contracts rather than just non contract terms so I will be hoping to tie down all the original players i want to keep as i think most of those will be good enough for the Championship and along with the new youth players i'm hoping for another good season and aim for back to back promotions which i think is doable as the bottom couple of NI Leagues don't have the best quality players, our biggest hurdles will come in the top division.

Edited by Weed07

Has anyone got a different team than Crewe United for Northern Ireland? I tried over and over and it kept giving me the same team, ended up simulating another season to get a different team (opted for another country in the end anyway but I was just curious)

19 minutes ago, polesetter1 said:

Hey, I've got a question: Are loan back clauses legal in this challenge? I couldn't keep my player in the squad and I've sold him with loan back clause before I thought of it.
image.thumb.png.15da94e172946efc4cdf68bdab4b52cf.png

Afraid not.

Your best option is to negotiate the transfer to happen at the end of the season rather than being immediate…..though saying that I’ve never managed to successfully negotiate and it always ends up being immediate then they ask if I want to loan them back which isn’t allowed….:mad:

43 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Just as I was looking forward to this season being the one in which we take a step forward, the chairman goes and sells my best two players despite protests and our finances being secure and them having 3 more seasons left under contract.

I0m125.jpg

That’s harsh, you got good prospects to step in and fast track their development?

5 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Has anyone got a different team than Crewe United for Northern Ireland? I tried over and over and it kept giving me the same team, ended up simulating another season to get a different team (opted for another country in the end anyway but I was just curious)

The only teams i managed to get were Crewe United or Belfast Celtic. I saved mid April sometime i think it was to get them to change as the bottom division played their last games at the end of April. I tried about 10/15 times before deciding on Crewe of those two teams, i was hoping for a different one but it was only ever those two.

54 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Afraid not.

Your best option is to negotiate the transfer to happen at the end of the season rather than being immediate…..though saying that I’ve never managed to successfully negotiate and it always ends up being immediate then they ask if I want to loan them back which isn’t allowed….:mad:

Is it possible to continue my challenge if I won't play them and terminate the challenge as soon as possible? (I have to wait a month after transfer.)

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

That’s harsh, you got good prospects to step in and fast track their development?

Not really, I have a couple of 16 year olds that can and will do a job, but they don't have the best CA yet. The issue is that we spent last season fast tracking those guy's development and they're both only 17 and getting sold.

30 minutes ago, polesetter1 said:

Is it possible to continue my challenge if I won't play them and terminate the challenge as soon as possible? (I have to wait a month after transfer.)

If they’ve played for you since they were loaned back I think that invalidates the challenge.

If they haven’t played you might be able to treat them the same way as you would a signing the chairman made i.e. kick them to the reserves and make sure they aren’t in a mentoring group.

@XaWand @darren1983might be able to clarify better than I can

38 minutes ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Not really, I have a couple of 16 year olds that can and will do a job, but they don't have the best CA yet. The issue is that we spent last season fast tracking those guy's development and they're both only 17 and getting sold.

Ah, I hate being in that position. You spend a season getting them up to speed hoping their understudies can get a loan deal the season after then the big teams come sniffing and either poaching them for min fee or just unsettling them.

This repeats season after season so you rarely get players over 20 in your starting line-up

Edited by Neo_Geo

59 minutes ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Seems I've missed some excitement this week; double congratulations to @Neo_Geo and @thomas_e for your completions! Both have been quality adventures to follow along.

Thanks. Enjoyed the save but I feel I’m done with europe for a bit now

Edited by Neo_Geo

I figured it would be worthwhile to join in, better late than never!

Commitment to something as long and stressful as England wasn't forming part of my plans to begin with. Denmark was debated, but with a long-term save on the go already, I figured it would be best to start light. So it is off to Hungary I go!

image.png.d2afe7f4b1a141dab844c4125909cdf7.png

Manager Profile

Set up

Squad

Facilities

Finances

Vision

Perhaps on the more easier side of the scale, I'm looking forward to unleashing Hungarian talent upon Europe and try to take over. Once we dominate Hungary of course...

Balázs Németh was signed on a pre-contract prior to me taking over the job, so it was not a signing I could cancel - I assume that he is eligible to be used throughout the domestic campaign?

Eskilstuna City FK Season 2 (2024)

spacer.png

Squad

Squad.png.f2c15d66d08f58e6941f6931e42e6b14.png

The first team squad is mostly the same as last year. We had a few departures, but no important players.

League Table

Table.png.a5da1e8c875aa3d4ade7cae5d402ba74.png

We had a pretty solid first year in the 3rd division. We got off to a hot start, even being as high 1st in the table by match week 12. We then followed that up with a cold streak, dropping as low as 9th. Overall the league was pretty closely fought, with only 6 points separating 1st from 8th for most of the season. If you were to chart our rising and dropping in the table, it would look like a mountain range. I'm pretty happy with 6th, and with our intake coming up hopefully we can continue to build upon this.

Youth Intake

Intake.thumb.png.ab96efb19e09bad77e81a5099c7d4534.png

We got some more squad depth with this intake. I was hoping for a little more talent to complement the real players in the team, but I'm not too upset with this. I have asked multiple times, but the board refuses to allow expanding our recruitment beyond Eskilstuna. Thanks to our good form earlier in the season, they did however agree to increase the level of our junior coaching, so hopefully that starts paying off soon.

287501135_SimonJallow.png.aeff7ca52574fa40b7bf376b4b38ac59.png

1082785917_PatrikWennberg.png.47b1a283b2acf9e2c5effbe00d203ac2.png

We added 2 new countries in this year's intake

Countries: 6/227 (2.64%)

Season Review

Facilities.thumb.png.0af9d0ad5ef24cac68a34ff774acb9a7.png

919587850_PlayerStats.png.049eec4c28f7bf518e88f8c55edc19fa.png

15 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

If they’ve played for you since they were loaned back I think that invalidates the challenge.

If they haven’t played you might be able to treat them the same way as you would a signing the chairman made i.e. kick them to the reserves and make sure they aren’t in a mentoring group.

@XaWand @darren1983might be able to clarify better than I can

I have that situation with two players - Drabiszczak and Banul. I've sent them to U19 team (they are not allowed to play there due to their age). They haven't played in any competitive match (only few frendlies), I'll release them in September, as that's the earliest date to do it. Can I countinue the challenge, @darren1983?

9 minutes ago, polesetter1 said:

I have that situation with two players - Drabiszczak and Banul. I've sent them to U19 team (they are not allowed to play there due to their age). They haven't played in any competitive match (only few frendlies), I'll release them in September, as that's the earliest date to do it. Can I countinue the challenge, @darren1983?

When you do your season review just post a screen shot of their history to show that they didn't play for you after the loan and it'll be fine mate.

image.png.68c597d50141f8a1ab164871124a6bed.png

Motor Lublin - Season 9 - Preview

1860868034_SeasonPreview280631.png.5260ede7e3fe79e47fe3e37d9f8d904f.png1620624547_SeasonPreview010731.png.1d2126f0ff48faa3dfb2a147f925c9a6.png

Despite our two league titles in the last three seasons, we are still only expected to finish in 13th place in the league. It's still progress that we're no longer expected to finish bottom, but it is still rather frustrating.

483432133_ClubFacilities.png.cde5b6b2dd34139f7b56ee28a36bb5fe.png

Still, we start the season with state of the art training facilities at the beginning of the season for the first time, so I am hoping that our young talent will massively benefit from having the best facilities possible.

1476923783_MarekSawicki280631.thumb.png.8674b4046612146343d0716218feb9a9.png

Our best player at the club is Marek Sawicki, he's become one of those players that I want to make sure we keep at the club for the long-term. I feel like he could lead the team to glory in the future.

1022237417_RobertKowalski280631.thumb.png.70f36698c66090a85d830c8ea453f17c.png

Robert Kowalski is our record goalscorer and easily our best striker at the club. I believe he will be the first player to score over 100 goals for the club, and I want him to be getting over 200-300 goals for us long-term.

1496905906_MarcelZomaczuk280631.thumb.png.99ddd1a72b58d7da846f36f72c6a6662.png

Surprisingly, Marcel Złomańczuk is still our 3rd best player. Mostly because Mateusz Szulc and Mariusz Dąbrowski aren't at the club anymore. I would be shocked if he's still our 3rd best player by the end of the season with all of the talent coming through.

If you guys wants to have a better look at the entire squad that I plan on using in the league this season, I have linked the video where I have gone over all of the players at the beginning of the 8th season. It is over 19 minutes long, but I tried to go over as many players as I could. I made a lot of signings in the backroom staff variety as well.

JLAB's YAC with Motor Lublin Part 25

How do you approach players with bad personalities?

Obviously you want to mentor them, but it can't be done before you move them to the first team, i.e. when they're 18 or so. By "can't be done" I mean if you keep a 16yo in the first team for mentoring purposes, he doesn't train with the youth team, which is the most important at that age. If you keep said 16yo in the youth team, you can't mentor him and he won't develop as well until he reaches 18.

I've just started my second season. I've lost 3 of my key players... and I'm suddenly dominating the league! I think that the team cohesion impact may be overrated in this FM. I know it's early into the season but I'm sharing this moment, as it's historical for Stomil Olsztyn in my save.

image.png.b93d643cf1e00b8e035480f36a446989.png

image.png.61c0c2b48772758a174e97bb68f006fc.pngimage.png.06847431c24c028fa8ce5f53e1fb7df4.png

Our superstriker, who was a sleeping giant:
image.png.b2ffc73c364e16a622c3fdb5346e5e94.png
image.thumb.png.95ab2e2abd9f1160148a07ad9bca83a3.png

Also..
. They get softer when you bench them:
image.png.0495830766bc97ca739e79b3df2b61ee.png

Edited by polesetter1
Florek note

Question: A team I'd like to give this a go with, are owned by a club in the above division.  We're not affiliates or a B team, they just own us. Does anyone know if this will cause any problems down the line before I get too invested?

Thanks in advance. x

image.png.e1eb65f413d53151c7e1c530da8d1a23.png

Szolnoki MÁV FC

Season 2023/24

League | Cup | Squad | Transfers* | Finances

*Balázs Németh transfer was a pre-contract organised prior to me taking over the job.

A season of adapting to the league, and then filled with highs and lows throughout as we safely secured our place for next season. Predicted to finish 13th, it was never really in doubt, but it was good to leave a big enough gap between ourselves and the relegation play-offs. We were rocking it at the top of the league at the early stages of the season. Our cup run started and finished in the Third Round following a narrow 1-0 defeat to top-flight side Paksi.

Our first youth-intake arrived giving me a chance to look, prep and plan for the future generations as to how I want this team to look and play on the park.

Youth Intake 2024

image.thumb.png.baadc24e4690d601f235983b2bb9e19a.png

My initial attraction to the intake was the wingers and central midfielder. We only really have one good winger at the club on the right through Bálint Tömösvári, so if we can get talent on the left to double up with him that would be a bonus. In the middle of the park, we have quality, but it is aging quality. Mario Alfredo Pinto was promoted from the U19s to assist with league rules as we must have an U20 in the starting 11, but he is some way off being a quality Hungarian midfielder. We could do with a bit more depth in defence; the current options should do for the next year or two meaning we have time to bring some through. Our goalkeeper situation is in the safe hands of Zsolt Bánhegyi, who is due to return to the club at the end of the season.

Spoiler

image.png.b2cd7ab35be4c7236cccea487f1568c0.pngimage.png.d37e6058bdee2aa34a63db20936d6949.png

Ádám Pintér is classed as the best of the class, with Mihály Szileszki, György Reznek and Adrián Schimmer not too far behind. All four have work to do, but with a push in the right direction, they may just become something useful for the club.

Sadly no facilities upgrades for us this season, although the studying has started for me through coaching badges. Small progress, but the rewards will certainly be worth it.

image.thumb.png.9fc5bc68df8bd208f0cae6354aedd806.png

1780853398_2026Review(14865mm).thumb.png.6d2a2b941a1a086ca2391418ef981e34.png

2026playoffpromoted!.png.5b8dd40ce3d618e1ed715fedeff1f45d.png

We did it! This season was a reverse of our last at this tier with us starting very slowly and getting stronger towards the end as our young players improved. We went into the last day of the regular season in 5th place and only crept into the promotion playoffs by stealing a 1-0 win at Caldas and getting lucky with Sporting B slip up. From there on we seemed to get better and better and managed to win our playoff group with a final win against Canelas. The real turning point was game 4, we were in 2nd place having just lost at home to B-SAD and facing the extra playoffs again. Somehow we managed to go to B-SAD and batter them 4-0, putting us top with 2 games to go. We then lost 1-0 at Braga B to put it back in 2nd, but they did us a favour in game 6 beating B-SAD whilst we beat Canelas 5-3 to secure what had all season looked an unlikely promotion.

We are in financial trouble and I have no idea whether or not it will level out in the second tier. We still haven't had any interest in our players but that can surely only be a matter of time as we now have one or two very good players for this level. 

Player Stats & Top Prospects

2026stats.thumb.png.b6443ab8d7372b8e69e23cca1bd0bfc3.png

2026roicado.thumb.png.31f1409bc82dc21f4cc4d90ccad96312.png 2026garizo.thumb.png.18cdb0027123696f76515d6c98ea17af.png

Although we are still using a strong core of our original players our academy graduates are slowly becoming regular starters. Roicado 25e is easily the best of these and is also now ranked our 3rd best player overall. It isn't reflecting in his performances yet which are still wildly inconsistent but he did get stronger and began to stand out in the playoffs, further expediting his progress.

Garizo 24a has been in the first team longer than any of my other graduates and although not as good as Roicado is more established and our strongest right winger. 2 goals and 5 assists isn't the best return but he also got stronger as the season came to a close.

Youth Intake - This was poor. Really poor. So poor in fact that I forgot to screenshot it! For the first time ever this early in a challenge I didn't sign anyone from this intake.

Transfers & Next Season

2026transfers.thumb.png.37cfcf5d7a80c4165f504dfbeba3aed3.png

Only one departure and not one I am concerned about. Although a regular in our first season Lopez had been overtaken and was well down the forward pecking order so I was happy to let him leave when he came asking. In terms of next season I have no idea if we will be able to survive in the second tier but only two automatic relegation places coupled with our rapid player development gives me reason to be hopeful. It's also good to see both of last season's promoted sides survived, one of which Beira-Mar started as an unplayable 5th tier side and just finished 8th in the 2nd tier! The 2nd division has a single league of 18 teams and looking at some of the top sides I would expect us to be battling at the bottom end.

Allemannia Aachen 2026-2027

First things first, the most uninteresting thing, Transfers:

20221028092815_1.thumb.jpg.4df56277e564196b4ae37bf498db6f6d.jpg

So, not that uninteresting, cause we lose the best player of the squad to Braunschweig. He didnt want to sign a new contract and thats that. To this day ( Completed the challenge) we couldn't get a decent replacement for him.

The competition:

Eindstand.thumb.jpg.7adf83cdb394e2fee275462378ad3624.jpg

So, we improved. a few positions up, i think it was 8 points more then previous season. I guess that's all u can wish for at this stage of the challenge. 

Preview time:

Preview.thumb.jpg.029c1ce2fd6ae811d0e2b4dfe59316fe.jpg

We would love a good striker tough.

Intake:

Intake.thumb.jpg.5ed012c4a4f66120a35300663147716e.jpg

1774748388_Intake2.thumb.jpg.bf4335e2188aa93bb027732bc54ce052.jpg

Not that decent, but a absolute stunner of a prospect with Jannik Seitz. Weirdly he wasnt rated that high, but he became the starting CV quite soon.

Correia.thumb.jpg.8b5a1e0172af4c1376003fc6702d4db7.jpg

Cortina.thumb.jpg.abe706a2472b472263a27da295dec567.jpg

Dinter.thumb.jpg.1bd7de8f8a2a4571b95f211df6e85445.jpg

Homig.thumb.jpg.682c6b64c9cf8c079190cf588d785922.jpg

Seitz.thumb.jpg.93690741c432c4722feeb4b1feac582a.jpg

Best players ( regens):

Bilgin.thumb.jpg.1374113ff604412765cfcf0bd5bcbd31.jpg

Bjekic.thumb.jpg.0a855cc2b3284eab025f10a5f392b558.jpg

Garbin.thumb.jpg.4959477b14e21784e8b684ee6fbfe9a2.jpg

Tarkan.thumb.jpg.9cda45d9821c425d747623eec8174b91.jpg

Vatansever.thumb.jpg.472a331b9581dbaa7265f39e4dbb88f0.jpg

So, we got some money now. I went to the board and they delivered:\

Jeugdcomplex.thumb.jpg.63852b1cac38609caa4bc7bad9845aa9.jpg

989068458_Jeugdscouting1.thumb.jpg.9af9a01ecaa779507e00995abcdfa335.jpg

Jeugdscouting.thumb.jpg.3b15ccc4795ab6419e619601bf5af0ba.jpg

Bjekic and Mause the most important man to be fair:

997241428_Seasonstats.thumb.jpg.cb94c98c3eea43d995bb9828776f543d.jpg

Trainingscomplex.jpg

On 06/01/2023 at 12:51, shirajzl said:

How do you approach players with bad personalities?

Obviously you want to mentor them, but it can't be done before you move them to the first team, i.e. when they're 18 or so. By "can't be done" I mean if you keep a 16yo in the first team for mentoring purposes, he doesn't train with the youth team, which is the most important at that age. If you keep said 16yo in the youth team, you can't mentor him and he won't develop as well until he reaches 18.

Basically my rule of thumb is only move the players to the first team if they will play in at least 50% of the matches. Later in the save once you get mostly professional players that club mentality will influence players in your u21/18 squad and many will improve naturally. I just had a cb go from Balanced to fairly professional and he's been in my youth squad the whole time.

Also you will get some bad personality players to develop early on especially if they have good media handling, so the 2 years without mentoring really isn't the worst.

I decided to holiday for three seasons in England, in the hope of getting an unusual team come through as I am fed up of seeing the same old names.  I got an absolute corker.

Club Introduction

Macclesfield

Macclesfield FC - Club profile | Transfermarkt

The Manager

This is me.

MvZTknr.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          25 June 2025             30 June 2026         £750 p/w          £575 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Below Average        Below Average          4       Basic                 Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    League Cup        Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

1.thumb.png.97a0770372c10b21832cb02004e9a61c.png

League - This really was a season of two halves. After 12 games we were 2nd in the league with 7 wins, 4 draws and only a single defeat. Sadly only won 2 more games in the last 22 games of the season which saw us drop like a stone, though we did finish up 3 points better off than our first season at this level. There are a couple of things that caused the loss in form, firstly fatigue to our first team with little quality outside of our starting 11. The second was Mr President deciding to sell Lamelas 25d to Vitoria du Guimaraes, a bitter blow to what was a settled defence. We leaked goals from there and ended up with the unusual record of both most goals scored and against by the end of the season. A big shout to Canelas 2010 who were a fourth tier side when I took over at Sacavenense but thanks to a late season surge will be mixing it with the big boys next season.

Taca de Portugal - We made it to the fifth round for the first time before being soundly beaten 3-0 at home to Arouca as our dip in form began to take hold.

Allianz Cup - A poor outing this season going out to fellow second tier Farense on penalties following a 1-1 draw.

U19s - They made it into the end of season Championship Group in the top U19 league for the first time, eventually finishing 5th behind winners Porto.

Top Prospects

2028evora.thumb.png.f66f10cb264b21917ff5d89be041d602.png  2028laureano.thumb.png.3987b69dc4b3d7fbcf71479ae472a2ad.png 2028roicado.thumb.png.53f37034b459fc36efea60951fa752bd.png

Evora 25j is a new entry in this section following the untimely departure of Lamelas. He initially joined the first team group last season as our back up left winger but after rapid development from the bench took over as our regular starter. 5 goals, 13 assists and a call up to the Cape Verde under 21s marked a good debut season in senior football.

The rapid progress of Laureano 25h continued this season, making him the latest of my starlets to make noises about wanting to leave. I've managed to stifle them for now but mentoring has led to a marked increase in his ambition will be no doubt see him at my door again soon enough. I probably need to tone down the hard tackling after he managed a ridiculous 19 bookings in 29 games.

Our star man Roicado 25e is still here and actually decided for a brief period of time he was happy at the club until he remembered he was twice as good as anyone else and requested to leave again in mid March. His performances are now starting to match his attributes and he's creeping towards an average rating of 7 which would be excellent for a centre half at this level. I activated his contract clause in the summer so we'll be getting at least 4 more years of him - unless Mr President has other ideas.

Youth Intake

2028intake.png.6f0e48c287e2202e7a1749df4af0d7a8.png

2028intakeA.thumb.png.d1eb2a783a8c32f49c76766b0be50d56.png 2028intakeB.thumb.png.046d5f6ead3d12402d6ab16d5e2ad577.png

Our best intake for a while, possibly since the golden generation of 2025. Bruno Silva 28b has a lovely set of base attributes for a striker and with a fairly professional personality has already started developing and leading the line for the U19s. Filipe Gomes 28c is a raw centre half but is also absolutely huge, I feel he'll be a threat from set pieces if he develops enough to make it into the first team.

Transfers & Next Season

2028transfer.thumb.png.16d83fba7b25cef4c2426da5f40fd6b6.png

Only one but unfortunately it's the big one I mentioned earlier. Our rock solid centre half partnership was broken up when Mr President decided selling Lamelas 25d for 500k was a good idea, seeing us plummet from 2nd to a final league position of 14th. I wouldn't have minded if the money was right but the 500k barely scratched the surface of our debt. Luckily I managed to negotiate a 50% next sale clause meaning if he does go on to be a superstar he might just help us out financially in the future.

Next season is a case on continuing to chip away and pull ourselves further towards mid table. I'm at risk of losing a couple of our stars if they get sold from under me and I don't have a huge amount of oven ready talent waiting in the wings. There isn't any real money at this level so we could use an away trip to one of the big 3 in the cup to try and force a set of upgrades. Annoyingly my board haven't approved any coaching badges for me through the whole save and show no sign of changing their stance. They did however cancel the new stadium they started planning 4 years ago, deciding that funding could not be sourced.

Macclesfield is proving to be very tough.  We are in the bottom four after we games and eight points from safety.  If I am fired, I will redo his as the same team as thoroughly enjoying it.  Instead of spamming the forum, I will just edit the intro above.

Edited by DazRTaylor

This years struggle continues. 6th season on my Georgia save and we suffer our 2nd relegation. This time its too much for the board and I'm sacked. We go again somewhere else...

Edited by Shankly84