1st FM23 save file

So now we have the release date out there what’s everyone’s first save file gunna be?

If you plan a Beta save and then a different save on release day then list both.

I really struggled on my save files this release cycle for various reason (computer issues, corrupt custom databases etc) so I’ve got a few ideas for save files on the next release but I’ve narrowed down the first save to be either Nancy in the French 3rd division or any Turkish side in the lowest playable league.

The Turkish save due to the fact that they have a decent tv deal so I think I could take a team up and eventually topple the Istanbul clubs and the Champions League in time and Nancy because I think they’re too big a club to be where the are. They aren’t maybe a sleeping “giant” but this is where Platini started and Arsene Wenger began his management career, they are far to good to be where they are.
Also I’ve never managed in either country bar a quick season with St. Etienne testing something.

I think I’m leaning towards Nancy to start with.

im never fussed about playing the beta but narrowed my save/saves down to four teams in the Vanarama National League which are Chesterfield, Solihull Moors, Torquay United and Wrexham just thinking about which two of the teams i should save for the winter update.

Where I play in the beta will depend on licensing - in FM22 I started the beta at Union Berlin because I wanted to see the Bundesliga specific matchday graphics. If SI have a similar deal for another league in FM23, that's where I'm likely to start. After that I'll play my first save after the full release at West Ham, as I always do, and then a journeyman save after the winter transfer update.

On 11/09/2022 at 09:53, rp1966 said:

Where I play in the beta will depend on licensing - in FM22 I started the beta at Union Berlin because I wanted to see the Bundesliga specific matchday graphics. If SI have a similar deal for another league in FM23, that's where I'm likely to start. After that I'll play my first save after the full release at West Ham, as I always do, and then a journeyman save after the winter transfer update.

The UEFA competitions will likely have their matchday and screen graphics this year.

Not sure on my Beta Save, but my main release long term save will be a Youth Academy challenge. Starting by holidaying a year and taking a newly promoted team in lowest division in England (previously unplayable team) and taking them as high as possible with no signing! Cant wait!

My 1st save is going to be Atalanta, they haven't qualified for Europe and have a few older players so be a decent challenge to start with. Will aim to move around to other clubs once won a few trophies with them as well, so will be a save I continue well past the beta.

Have really enjoyed saves in the Italian leagues in recent years.

I usually just stick to one save until the next version is released. Two years ago I started in the swedish fourth tier which became a journey man save that took me from IFK Malmö-Sampdoria-Spanish national team-Real Madrid-IFK Malmö. It was definitely one of the most fun saves I've ever done!

Last year I started with Paris FC and ended up staying there all throughout fm 22. 

This year I'm thinking of starting unemployed and just see where it takes me. I cannot wait!

During the beta, Soton, certainly, they have plenty of things to fix an a pair of charismatic players, seems great for a mid-term save.

Later on, most probably Vaduz (only with Liechtenstenians and U17 players that could be selected by the national team after a few years; this is my current save and it still gots me hooked in 2027), but it could be also a similar challenge in Denmark with a Feroese fantasy team (and Feroeses players exclusively, of course), or any other alike that comes to my mind (maybe a Brixton team in PL with Jamaicans only  :D).

Finally, a save with my custom Galician football DB.

For anybody who is unsure, I found the following on Reddit:

)

r/footballmanagergames - Your Battery Percentage is your first team in FM23

Basically, look at your phone's battery percentage (or your laptop, tablet or other portable device if you so choose), and your first team is whichever is next to the percentage in the image.