FM22 "Increase Realism"-Megapack OCTOBER Update by Daveincid (1.10.22) - FINAL UPDATE

vor 2 Minuten schrieb obasa_G:

First, what is the cause for the slow reputation increase of young players in countries like England/France and how do you feel it could be mitigated?

There are 2 ways how you can see it:
1. It's too low when they are generated, so it would be a task for the developers to increase it. I don't know if this would really make sense, but it's my theory how the issue could be solved.  In the end it doesn't matter because I'm not a developer. So this isn't a realistic approach.
2. Increase the reputation-gain during their young ages, which I was able to improve with awards.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb obasa_G:

Secondly, what changes did you make to ensure that the AI uses more young players in England/France? I remember an earlier video of yours that I watched when you talked about the effect Awards have on player reputation. Did you use Awards or is there another variable that affects this?

I usually do not comment on changes I made which I'm not 100% sure myself if it has a positive impact. Otherwise people tend to see it as a fact. As long as it doesn't have a negative impact, I still make them. So I can't tell you about all the details. Sorry! :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Daveincid said:

There are 2 ways how you can see it:
1. It's too low when they are generated, so it would be a task for the developers to increase it. I don't know if this would really make sense, but it's my theory how the issue could be solved.  In the end it doesn't matter because I'm not a developer. So this isn't a realistic approach.
2. Increase the reputation-gain during their young ages, which I was able to improve with awards.

I usually do not comment on changes I made which I'm not 100% sure myself if it has a positive impact. Otherwise people tend to see it as a fact. As long as it doesn't have a negative impact, I still make them. So I can't tell you about all the details. Sorry! :)

Thank you very much for the answers @Daveincid. I am truly grateful.

July update preview:

• Faster simulation-speed (about 10%+ depending on the setup) due to database-optimization
  • Awards/market values improvements
  • Manager attribute improvements & more!

Cheers
Daveincid

在 2022/6/17 在 PM10点12分, Daveincid说:

July update preview:

• Faster simulation-speed (about 10%+ depending on the setup) due to database-optimization

Cheers
Daveincid

Great Work!

vor 15 Minuten schrieb bahmet:

2030. Initially wealthy teams have financial problems. A negative balance or forecast for many. So it should be?

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

image.png.dc15744af316d6a698daf17ca28bc900.png

It works as it should be...for the next time....:

5. If you have questions, critics or you found a bug, please send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE. Do not spam the comment section with those things, as it might confuse or upset other people. I probably won't answer every question, please respect that.

On 18/06/2022 at 20:10, cedinero said:

This dude is gonna have back issues from carrying the game on his shoulders.

Just mind blowing what he is doing. Have to start new save every month :onmehead:

vor 1 Minute schrieb BadAss88:

No update?

How about reading the last posts? 

Am 17.6.2022 um 16:12 schrieb Daveincid:

July update preview:

Cheers
Daveincid

Public release is on the same day for about a year? I'm pretty sure that it wasn't thursday:brock:

• Daveincid changed the title to FM22 "Increase Realism"-Megapack JULY Update by Daveincid (08.07.22)

Thank you for the update! The explanation of the changes you made to improve loading speeds was very interesting. We are lucky as an FM community to have you taking a look at stuff like this and offering improvements.

Cheers!

Thanks for the great work! 

I have a question, have you done any long term testing on the number of high PA newgens turned out in your world (say > 150 PA) compared to the original SI database? Is it a similar number or lower due to the adjusted ratings, and if lower then would you have an estimate of how much lower?

Thank you!

vor 22 Minuten schrieb karanhsingh:

Thanks for the great work! 

I have a question, have you done any long term testing on the number of high PA newgens turned out in your world (say > 150 PA) compared to the original SI database? Is it a similar number or lower due to the adjusted ratings, and if lower then would you have an estimate of how much lower?

Thank you!

Of course I did. This number won't give you any valuable information because it's not about how good players can be at some point in the future. The focus is how good they get. So the main goal is to achieve a similar CA-level compared to the start db. This is now really close to be on a accurate level.

Cheers

Daveincid

FM22 "Increase Realism Megapack" AUGUST Preview:
- Worldwide economic situation updated
- Financial re-balancing for 22/23 season
- Several default db-bugs fixed
- Countless other improvements
- 10 files updated in total

Cheers
Daveincid

vor 1 Minute schrieb karanhsingh:

Any tips on managing injuries with your pack? 

I appreciate that it's more realistic, but wondering what can be done as a manager to mitigate it. 

More rotation, less intensive training, sign less injury-prone players:thup:

On 16/07/2022 at 11:42, Daveincid said:

More rotation, less intensive training, sign less injury-prone players:thup:

Beautiful work done by you for years I am a great admirer of this project I enjoy using your files with Football Manager 2023 I want to create my own transfers / data updates.
You are the best of its kind.

Edited by TheWizard65

• 2 weeks later...

This pack is wonderful but I do have some issues when it comes to the transfer preferences side of things, especially in North America:

1. Lower league USA teams (with their leagues enabled using custom databases) don't sign as many foreign players as they should. Way too many domestic signings for one of the most diverse nations in the world when it comes to transfers.
  2. Central American preferences are just plainly bad. Also with their leagues enabled, a lot of these teams should be mainly signing foreign players from Colombia & Argentina along with most of South America but they barely do making it extremely unrealistic and unfun to play in these leagues when the other teams' transfer activity is just god awful. Some teams sign more Africans than they do South Americans!
  3. Young American players rarely get signed abroad. In real life a lot of young American talent are striking deals in Europe, while in this database they would more rather stay home and rot in the MLS for years no matter how high their world reputation, potential, and current ability is.

I have my own file I'm currently working on that fixes CONCACAF nations' transfer preferences, with results that seem to work much better, so if you would like to inquire about that @Daveincid I am free to work with you in that regard.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Gum:

This pack is wonderful but I do have some issues when it comes to the transfer preferences side of things, especially in North America:

1. Lower league USA teams (with their leagues enabled using custom databases) don't sign as many foreign players as they should. Way too many domestic signings for one of the most diverse nations in the world when it comes to transfers.
  2. Central American preferences are just plainly bad. Also with their leagues enabled, a lot of these teams should be mainly signing foreign players from Colombia & Argentina along with most of South America but they barely do making it extremely unrealistic and unfun to play in these leagues when the other teams' transfer activity is just god awful. Some teams sign more Africans than they do South Americans!
  3. Young American players rarely get signed abroad. In real life a lot of young American talent are striking deals in Europe, while in this database they would more rather stay home and rot in the MLS for years no matter how high their world reputation, potential, and current ability is.

I have my own file I'm currently working on that fixes CONCACAF nations' transfer preferences, with results that seem to work much better, so if you would like to inquire about that @Daveincid I am free to work with you in that regard.

5. If you have questions, critics or you found a bug, please send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE. Do not spam the comment section with those things, as it might confuse or upset other people. It also allows me to structure feedback better and work more effectively. I probably won't answer every question (I often receive the same question multiple times), please respect that. Thank you!

• Daveincid changed the title to FM22 "Increase Realism"-Megapack AUGUST Update by Daveincid (05.08.22)
  • 2 weeks later...

FM22 "Increase Realism Megapack" SEPTEMBER Preview:
- "climate change" is now included in the game
- club/transfer preferences improvements
- smaller improvements of general AI-behaviour
- 7 files updated in total

Cheers
Daveincid

Hey @Daveincid. First of all, thank you for your great work, it just makes my game much more enjoyable!

I was wondering if there are plans for the Japanese league transfer preferences, as that is an increase in European clubs coming to japan and looking for young Japanese talent, but I rarely see this happening in-game.

Cheers!!

Edited by Chagas

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Chagas:

Hey @Daveincid. First of all, thank you for your great work, it just makes my game much more enjoyable!

I was wondering if there are plans for the Japanese league transfer preferences, as that is an increase in European clubs coming to japan and looking for young Japanese talent, but I rarely see this happening in-game.

Cheers!!

Thank you Chagas!

I already increased transfer preferences for some Nations to sign japanese players, so it should happen more frequently. It could be indeed slightly higher but there are reasons why there aren't more transfers which are out of my responsibility area^^ I'll see if I can convince @Robbles Quin ®™ to make some small adjustments ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Daveincid changed the title to FM22 "Increase Realism"-Megapack SEPTEMBER Update by Daveincid (08.09.22)

Thanks again for your hard work.

Is het with your update possible for small nations like Sierra Leone or Laos to qualify for the CAF Champions League in Africa or the AFC Champions League in Asia? (For example, the Philippines and North-Korea do participate in the AFC CL)

vor 1 Minute schrieb Jorgen:

Thanks again for your hard work.

Is het with your update possible for small nations like Sierra Leone or Laos to qualify for the CAF Champions League in Africa or the AFC Champions League in Asia? (For example, the Philippines and North-Korea do participate in the AFC CL)

I don't change rules in specific Nations. That would be something for DaveTheEditor's league megapack. I'm pretty sure there are real-life reasons why he implenented it that way.

1 hour ago, Daveincid said:

I don't change rules in specific Nations. That would be something for DaveTheEditor's league megapack. I'm pretty sure there are real-life reasons why he implenented it that way.

I know, but with the new youth rating and financial fixes, I hoped teams from these nations would grow too and be able to participate.
For example, in real life teams from SL participated in the CAF CL in 2017 and 2022. In FM however, I never saw a SL team compete in the CAF CL when holidaying upto 2040. (with your files from 29 july)

This could however be a league specific issue, as you say.Thanks, I'll look into that. 👍🏻

Preview for my Increase Realism Megapack October update (FINAL Update for FM22: :))
- Major financial improvements for Japan, China & South Korea
- League rules fixes for Belgium, France, Italy & Spain
- Oceanian leagues finances fix
- Final polishing of everything 

Cheers
Daveincid

22 horas atrás, Daveincid disse:

Obrigada! :)Foi realmente um ano louco (FM)! Eu definitivamente ultrapassei meu limite com meus recursos, mas espero melhorar meu fluxo de trabalho para o FM23 para entregar um trabalho de qualidade ainda maior ;)

Congratulations on your work and dedication. Always collaborating to improve our FM even more.

• Daveincid changed the title to FM22 "Increase Realism"-Megapack OCTOBER Update by Daveincid (1.10.22) - FINAL UPDATE
  • 4 weeks later...

Is anyone able to talk through how this effects long term saves? Specifically the AI being more competent at the top levels as the years progress. 

Basically does it help with the challenge of me being, say, Man City in 2035 and not easily being able to win the league in consecutive seasons. 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Jorgen:

@Daveincid I have a decent computer (laptop bought in 2016, with a Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz, 16 GB of RAM and a NVME SSD). I like to go pretty fast through the seasons. (Like 12 to 18 real life hours)
What kind of setup for FM22 do you recommend if I want to

• do a hexagon challenge (win every continental Champions League) 
  • have active managers/clubs around the world
  • have managers from outside the loaded nations (regen managers / players that become a manager after their playing careers)
  • have teams from outside the top 20 being able to sign managers
  • have teams from outside the top 20 being able to reach and win a European continental cup
  • have a balanced world with the right amount of players

My experience is that when teams don't sign a new manager anymore, it also means that they will never reach a continental final anymore, let alone win it. In my 86 season savegame there were no other teams winning those cups or signing managers. See for my findings here: 

The past few days I have seen 100 years and 250 years simulations on FM23 on Youtube where this problem is still there, but not all the time. What can I do to have a balanced FM world, decent speed and teams from Sweden, Scotland, or Poland and Greece being able to grow and winning the CL once in a while?

I understand that I'll need at least the top 5 leagues active (England, France, Germany, Italy, Spain) + my own nation (Netherlands) + the one where I definitely want to manage a team. So that is at least 7 nations. But what then?

5. If you have questions, critics or you found a bug, please send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE. Do not spam the comment section with those things, as it might confuse or upset other people. It also allows me to structure feedback better and work more effectively. I probably won't answer every question (I often receive the same question multiple times), please respect that. Thank you!

Despite that written above I simply do not have the capacity to answer questions which aren't directly connected to my work, sorry! But maybe this thread is helpful to you:

Cheers
Daveincid

Quick information about my schedule for my FM23 "Increase Realism" Megapack December Update:

Alpha-Version: 11th November
Beta-Version: 18th November
Early-Access: 25th November
Public Release: 2nd or 9th December

For more informations about the first update, take a look at my social media platforms like Twitter, Youtube or Discord.

Cheers
Daveincid