[FM22] England down to Level 10 Now available for download

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*Updated File*

FA Cup prize money removed from losers from 4th qualifying round up until semi-finals.

Playoffs working correctly about 99% of the time.

Playoffs 1st round, and final working correctly.

Playoffs semi-finals, sometimes the wrong team plays at home, waiting for a sports interactive fix before i can fix it proper.

I'm playing in the Sussex County Football League (Level 9), but all the awards refer to the Southern Combination League Premier Division.

Also, the Thurlow Nunn league Awards are all called Eastern Counties League Premier Division awards.

Don't know if there are any others. I just happened to notice those two.

Are they intentional? I'm guessing these are alternate names for the same leagues?

Untitled.png

Edited by Chas (Psyatika)

6 hours ago, Chas (Psyatika) said:

I'm playing in the Sussex County Football League (Level 9), but all the awards refer to the Southern Combination League Premier Division.

Also, the Thurlow Nunn league Awards are all called Eastern Counties League Premier Division awards.

Don't know if there are any others. I just happened to notice those two.

Are they intentional? I'm guessing these are alternate names for the same leagues?

Untitled.png

Its not the sussex county league, Its the southern combination league.

The other one is the sponsor name of the eastern counties league.

1 hour ago, Fmfan00 said:

Just wondering after the 2021-2022 season if there is no U18 season for your U18 during season one does the FM still offer a U18 season for teams down in lv 9/10 for those clubs or is that only for clubs up in lv 7-8

Im not sure how it works.

Im into my 2nd season after promotion from level 10 and my u18s are jut playing freindlies and the fa youth cup.

Minor issue, i'm playing Level 10 Wessex Division 1 team. I'm entered into the Wessex Cup alongside Wessex Prem Teams. However I am also entered into *Western* Cup alongside Western League Prem Teams. I suspect you have a typo and put Wessex 1 instead of Western 1 for the Western League Cup.

Ā 

Otherwise loving the file!

1 hour ago, Straylen said:

Minor issue, i'm playing Level 10 Wessex Division 1 team. I'm entered into the Wessex Cup alongside Wessex Prem Teams. However I am also entered into *Western* Cup alongside Western League Prem Teams. I suspect you have a typo and put Wessex 1 instead of Western 1 for the Western League Cup.

Ā 

Thanks for reporting this.

I will look into it.

8 hours ago, Straylen said:

Ā 

There will be a fix out soon for the Western League Cup.

Ā 

Also a adjustment to the FA Cup in the 1st season.

All level 7 teams now enter at the 1st Qualifying round.

All level 6 teams now enter at the 2nd Qualifying Round.

All level 5 teams now enter at the 4th Qualifying round.

All Level 8 & Level 9 teams + 145 teams from Level 10, 8 or 9 teams from each League start in the extra preliminary round.

Ā 

11 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

All Level 8 & Level 9 teams + 145 teams from Level 10, 8 or 9 teams from each League start in the extra preliminary round.

Thatā€™s still way too many from Level 10 leagues, itā€™s 9 clubs across the whole of Level 10 that are in the FA Cup this season.

Hello guys!

@lionelmessiĀ great work. Every time I buy FM I just look for your Mod. I'm italian but I love to play in the very lower leagues in England (that now, after decades, I know better than the italian ones).

I have to admit I'm a little bit sad you'll not include Level 11, but I completely understand your choice (and I saw that there is another guy working on it).

Since I would love to start one and only great, everlasting carreer, when do you think your file will be completely working as you intend to?

Ā 

Thank you a lot, sincerely

7 hours ago, Tihinen said:

Hello guys!

@lionelmessiĀ great work. Every time I buy FM I just look for your Mod. I'm italian but I love to play in the very lower leagues in England (that now, after decades, I know better than the italian ones).

I have to admit I'm a little bit sad you'll not include Level 11, but I completely understand your choice (and I saw that there is another guy working on it).

Since I would love to start one and only great, everlasting carreer, when do you think your file will be completely working as you intend to?

Ā 

Thank you a lot, sincerely

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes im not doing Level 11 as it takes alot more extra time to do it.

I think it will be completly ready in a couple of weeks, im just tidying a few things up and adding Regional Divisions to each team so that they barely go into the wrong leagues.

11 ore fa, lionel messi ha scritto:

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes im not doing Level 11 as it takes alot more extra time to do it.

I think it will be completly ready in a couple of weeks, im just tidying a few things up and adding Regional Divisions to each team so that they barely go into the wrong leagues.

Thank you Lionel!

22 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I will have a look at it but i think it is when the league name is long combined with the award name.

It was happening to me also in the united counties league.

not a problem I was not sure thats why I asked...Ā 

38 minutes ago, willottaway said:

Hi All,

Ā 

Thank you so much @lionel messifor doing this. Can I ask a question, I have never done this before and I don't know how to get this database onto Football Manager. Do I need to purchase the game editor?

No you donā€™t, the pre-game editor is free anyway.

46 minutes ago, willottaway said:

Hi All,

Ā 

Thank you so much @lionel messifor doing this. Can I ask a question, I have never done this before and I don't know how to get this database onto Football Manager. Do I need to purchase the game editor?

You don't need the editor to run the L10 database.Ā  It should be in your Steam library in the Tools section.

To run this database, download the file from the opening post (League and Data Updates.fmf) and store it in the 'editor data' folder in Documents | Sports Interactive | Football Manager 2022.Ā  If the 'editor data' folder doesn't exist then create it.

When you launch the game, start a new career and on the Career Game Setup screen click the 'Football Manager 2022' link (top right of screen) and tick the 'League and Data Updates' data file.Ā 

42 minutes ago, willottaway said:

Hi @FCUtdWill

Ā 

Where do I find the pre-game editor. Sorry, I've never done this before

Itā€™s okay, you will only need the editor if you want to edit anything, there is an in-game editor but we donā€™t talk about that on here.

Andy has taken the words out of my mouth regarding where it is above :)

Thanks for making this database, never played it but have always been interested in giving it a go.

Quick question - am I supposed to be checking the add key staff box when setting up the database?Ā  I simmed to January 1 and noticed a ton of clubs don't have managers, was wondering if this is intentional or if I just need to check the box.

9 minutes ago, Dregganor said:

Thanks for making this database, never played it but have always been interested in giving it a go.

Quick question - am I supposed to be checking the add key staff box when setting up the database?Ā  I simmed to January 1 and noticed a ton of clubs don't have managers, was wondering if this is intentional or if I just need to check the box.

Up to you, they will probably get filled eventually but the more leagues you add and if youā€™ve got that ticked itā€™ll take longer to start the game, as I found out last year with my database.

30 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Up to you, they will probably get filled eventually but the more leagues you add and if youā€™ve got that ticked itā€™ll take longer to start the game, as I found out last year with my database.

I tried again with add key staff enabled and ran into the same issue, I wonder if key staff only means assistant manager, coaches, etc.Ā  I simmed forward to January 1 and there's probably 100-150 clubs from level 7-10 without a manager, and their manager history shows they have never had a manager.Ā  Guess it's not a big deal, I just wonder how much that will affect the gameplay, like how much better clubs with managers will be than those without.Ā  That being said, a few of these managerless teams are in 1st in their league so I guess it is sort of working.

Hi all,

Thanks @lionel messifor creating this database, I'm sure it's greatly appreciated by all.

I use a MacBook and I'm struggling to download the file. I can see the file in the 'downloads' section on Safari, but apparently my MacBook doesn't have an application to open the document. Are there any other MacBook users who have had this same issue?

Thanks in advance.

25 minutes ago, Trim said:

Hi all,

Thanks @lionel messifor creating this database, I'm sure it's greatly appreciated by all.

I use a MacBook and I'm struggling to download the file. I can see the file in the 'downloads' section on Safari, but apparently my MacBook doesn't have an application to open the document. Are there any other MacBook users who have had this same issue?

Thanks in advance.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you don't need to open the file.Ā  Just save it (like you did already) then move it into the Editor Data folder which is in your Sports Interactive folder.Ā  I don't know where that is on Mac, so hopefully you do.

51 minutes ago, Dregganor said:

I tried again with add key staff enabled and ran into the same issue, I wonder if key staff only means assistant manager, coaches, etc.Ā  I simmed forward to January 1 and there's probably 100-150 clubs from level 7-10 without a manager, and their manager history shows they have never had a manager.Ā  Guess it's not a big deal, I just wonder how much that will affect the gameplay, like how much better clubs with managers will be than those without.Ā  That being said, a few of these managerless teams are in 1st in their league so I guess it is sort of working.

Itā€™ll fill your squad and then managers and backroom staff. It shouldnā€™t affect the gameplay too much but you might go through some divisions quicker than others if youā€™re not playing against actual players lower than level 10. If you simulate for a few seasons you might see them eventually getting filled.

But on game start (or at any point during your game) you can offer your greyed out players contracts, they might not be the next best set of players but it gives you a squad to have at the start unless you want to sign a new squad of course.

The games that donā€™t involve you run in the background so will always generate results.

It would be great to include actual managers and squads at this level but itā€™s pretty much impossible due to the amount of changes that happens weekly at these clubs.

38 minutes ago, Trim said:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

As Dregganor says below, you donā€™t need to open the file as such. You put it in the editor data folder of your directory where your FM folder is.

If you do want to open it, youā€™ll need the pregame editor but you donā€™t need to do that to run the file.

12 minutes ago, Dregganor said:

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, you don't need to open the file.Ā  Just save it (like you did already) then move it into the Editor Data folder which is in your Sports Interactive folder.Ā  I don't know where that is on Mac, so hopefully you do.

Ā 

51 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Itā€™ll fill your squad and then managers and backroom staff. It shouldnā€™t affect the gameplay too much but you might go through some divisions quicker than others if youā€™re not playing against actual players lower than level 10. If you simulate for a few seasons you might see them eventually getting filled.

But on game start (or at any point during your game) you can offer your greyed out players contracts, they might not be the next best set of players but it gives you a squad to have at the start unless you want to sign a new squad of course.

The games that donā€™t involve you run in the background so will always generate results.

It would be great to include actual managers and squads at this level but itā€™s pretty much impossible due to the amount of changes that happens weekly at these clubs.

The players weren't the concern (neither whether the players/managers are real, I don't mind about that), it's just all of the clubs that don't have a manager / refuse to hire one apparently, so I don't know how the game is going to do tactics and all that for all the clubs.Ā  I guess some goalkeeping coach or whatever will set up all the tactics for them.Ā  I'm just going to play through it and see what happens.

13 hours ago, Dregganor said:

The players weren't the concern (neither whether the players/managers are real, I don't mind about that), it's just all of the clubs that don't have a manager / refuse to hire one apparently, so I don't know how the game is going to do tactics and all that for all the clubs.Ā  I guess some goalkeeping coach or whatever will set up all the tactics for them.Ā  I'm just going to play through it and see what happens.

Itā€™s all done in the background so I wouldnā€™t worry too much about them. Most squads have 15-20 greyed out players that theyā€™d choose the team and tactics from. Itā€™d be the same if you added the staff and players too.

If you do a longer simulation over 5 years they might eventually get filled.Ā 

9 minuti fa, FCUtdWill ha scritto:

Itā€™s all done in the background so I wouldnā€™t worry too much about them. Most squads have 15-20 greyed out players that theyā€™d choose the team and tactics from. Itā€™d be the same if you added the staff and players too.

If you do a longer simulation over 5 years they might eventually get filled.Ā 

With Fm20 I used this file, starting from the 11th division and actually, at least in my division, all the teams were full of managers/players since the start. I'm not sure in the other divisions but, due to my continues will to investigate other teams in the lower leagues, I'm sure that in case other teams hadn't the staff/players I would have noticed that and be upset.

I cannot recall I was upset and I played at least 13 seasons, so I think that it worked for me.

Ā 

Maybe, you should pick the "add staff and players" and also to have a "big/enormous database" setĀ 

11 minutes ago, Tihinen said:

With Fm20 I used this file, starting from the 11th division and actually, at least in my division, all the teams were full of managers/players since the start. I'm not sure in the other divisions but, due to my continues will to investigate other teams in the lower leagues, I'm sure that in case other teams hadn't the staff/players I would have noticed that and be upset.

I cannot recall I was upset and I played at least 13 seasons, so I think that it worked for me.

Ā 

Maybe, you should pick the "add staff and players" and also to have a "big/enormous database" setĀ 

Iā€™d like to think when youā€™re managing in a league thatā€™s more likely to get filled with managers and players whereas all the other leagues and divisions will run in the background.

You could also change the detail level to maximum to see if that makes a difference.

When I added my full pyramid in FM21 and ticked add key staff and players it took a long time for the game to start, and Iā€™ve got a pretty decent spec gaming laptop. But I did have about 500+ divisions across 24 levels, and want to add more to FM22.

14 minutes ago, StatboySpurs said:

Thanks for all of your work on this.

FYI, I use a real name and competition fix, and whenever I use your mod the Premier League switches back to the Premier Division. Is there any way to fix this?

I will change it in my next update.

Or you could load my file up in the editor and change the name to premier league from premier division.

Edited by lionel messi

Hi, I might start a proper Lewes save now.

Question though for you. I simmed forward a couple years to July 2023, and most level 10 leagues do not have 20 teams.Ā  In one of your posts in the beginning it said after the first year that all leagues at level 10 would be 20 teams. Also no teams are being promoted into level 10. Is that intended?

28 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

Hi, I might start a proper Lewes save now.

Question though for you. I simmed forward a couple years to July 2023, and most level 10 leagues do not have 20 teams.Ā  In one of your posts in the beginning it said after the first year that all leagues at level 10 would be 20 teams. Also no teams are being promoted into level 10. Is that intended?

No all Level 9 Leagues will have 20 teams after the end of the 1st season.

No teams are being promoted into Level 10 because there is no relegation from Level 10.

Love the ideaĀ 

Ā 

couple of daft questionsĀ 

Ā 

1.Will all the players data remain the same from when the game is released ?

2.would you ever consider doing the lowland leagues in Scotland or serie D in Italy ?Ā 
Ā 

3.The players at level 9/10 are fictional ?