• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Not all at Level 10 do but most.

After the 1st season there is not many Level 10 teams in the FA Cup

8 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

There should only be 9 clubs from Level 10 taking part in the FA Cup this season. The high majority of them are playing in the FA Vase.

I’ve checked my records, no team from the Spartan South Midlands League Division One are in the FA Cup this season; only Kidlington Reserves, Letchworth Garden City Eagles, Raunds Town and Thame United Reserves are not playing in the FA Vase.

So then I was lucky with my London Tigers =)

Always good with extra cash.

35 minutes ago, Groom84 said:

So then I was lucky with my London Tigers =)

Always good with extra cash.

In real life, only 9 Level 10 clubs were in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup, but many many more were in FM22's extra preliminary round - most of the teams from my division (Northern Division 2) were in the FA Cup.

16 minutes ago, andydick said:

In real life, only 9 Level 10 clubs were in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup, but many many more were in FM22's extra preliminary round - most of the teams from my division (Northern Division 2) were in the FA Cup.

I could fix this to make it like real if everyone wants, there is 954 teams in my FA Cup in 1st season.

In 2nd season and beyond there is 796 teams in my FA Cup.

8 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I could fix this to make it like real if everyone wants, there is 954 teams in my FA Cup in 1st season.

Still more than there is in real life for both seasons. Why do you add more teams to the competition than there is? (Not having a go at you here, it's something I've always wondered)

14 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Still more than there is in real life for both seasons. Why do you add more teams to the competition than there is? (Not having a go at you here, it's something I've always wondered)

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to try and stop alot of Level 10 clubs getting into massive debt.

There is 729 teams in the real FA Cup this season, how do you choose which 9 clubs get into the FA Cup from Level 10?

What about FA Cup 2022-23?

How many teams?

Some leagues have increased number of teams in them also from Level 5+

Edited by lionel messi

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to try and stop alot of Level 10 clubs getting into massive debt.

There is 729 teams in the real FA Cup this season, how do you choose which 9 clubs get into the FA Cup from Level 10?

What about FA Cup 2022-23?

How many teams?

Make them have a bit more money at game start, they shouldn't go into massive debts.

As the 9 clubs are in 9 divisions, add the division and only choose one team from it, it'll be a random selection. Guernsey don't play in the FA Cup, so you can either add them or use another division from Level 10 to get that team.

For next season and beyond, base it on this season. I imagine it'll be a few more than this season but I don't have the exact numbers.

17 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Make them have a bit more money at game start, they shouldn't go into massive debts.

As the 9 clubs are in 9 divisions, add the division and only choose one team from it, it'll be a random selection. Guernsey don't play in the FA Cup, so you can either add them or use another division from Level 10 to get that team.

For next season and beyond, base it on this season. I imagine it'll be a few more than this season but I don't have the exact numbers.

I will have a look into doing it at some point.

Im trying to correct the playoffs at the moment.

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

I like the idea of playing in the extra preliminary round with a level 10 side so I wouldn't necessarily change it.  I think the only issue is you end up with too many teams in the earlier rounds (preliminary, 1st round qualifying etc) which means you have to bring in higher ranked teams (level 7, 8 etc) earlier than in real life so you can eliminate more of them to get to to the final 32 by the end of the 4th Qualifying Round.

It's a bit of extra income too - in most cases a managed team is going to get beyond the extra preliminary round so that's a guaranteed £1125 for winning plus £481 if you are knocked out next round. 

Edited by andydick

17 minutes ago, andydick said:

I like the idea of playing in the extra preliminary round with a level 10 side so I wouldn't necessarily change it.  I think the only issue is you end up with too many teams in the earlier rounds (preliminary, 1st round qualifying etc) which means you have to bring in higher ranked teams (level 7, 8 etc) earlier than in real life so you can eliminate more of them to get to to the final 32 by the end of the 4th Qualifying Round.

It's a bit of extra income too - in most cases a managed team is going to get beyond the extra preliminary round so that's a guaranteed £1125 for winning plus £481 if you are knocked out next round. 

Yes Level 7 teams.

In my FA Cup 2022-23 No Level 7 teams should enter until the 1st qualifying round so it should just be 1st season only.

*Update on Playoffs fix*

Vanarama National League - Working how it should.

Vanarama National League North/South - 1st round correct, semi-final/final not working how it should yet, picking wrong teams to play & wrong teams at home.

Regional Premier Divisions - semi-final correct teams playing each other & correct teams being at home, final picking wrong team to be at home in some leagues.

Regional 1st Divisions - semi-final correct teams playing each other & correct teams being at home, final picking wrong team to be at home in some leagues.

County Leagues - semi-final correct teams playing each other & correct teams being at home, final picking wrong team to be at home in some leagues.

There are a number of people reporting bugs with the play-offs so personally I wouldn't spend time in the editor.  Hopefully SI will acknowledge the bug and provide a fix asap.

EDIT: I've just ran a simulation on the vanilla game, latest patch, no-addons/expansions and I get the same error with Vanarama North/South.  I've updated the thread on the bugs forum with screenshots etc.

Edited by andydick

9 hours ago, andydick said:

There are a number of people reporting bugs with the play-offs so personally I wouldn't spend time in the editor.  Hopefully SI will acknowledge the bug and provide a fix asap.

EDIT: I've just ran a simulation on the vanilla game, latest patch, no-addons/expansions and I get the same error with Vanarama North/South.  I've updated the thread on the bugs forum with screenshots etc.

I have fixed Level 7.

Level 7 is now working correctly.

I should be able to fix Level 8 & 9 now by applying the same rules.

Capture.thumb.JPG.04c88cdc130b05407dcfb9960503f7a1.JPG

Capture1.JPG.3ff729cefe5f209dbd0b652d7ab6951b.JPG

Capture2.JPG.055df35357301beae1ad6855f4efa814.JPG

All Level 7 Leagues worked correctly by altering a setting.

Just a small question regarding contract negotiations (amateur) for players:

If I'm;

just a little bit below wage budget and
I still have around 10k£/$ in transfer money left and
have quite a lot of cash in my budget
>> am I still restricted from signing players?

Right now, I can't offer players any bonuses at all (all locked at 10 in X currency) for the amateur 0 wage contract.

(below in SEK currency.)

bild.png.cf0701c31ac0a584713b63aded5aa800.png

I can only offer:

bild.png.708161a17c6af0c63417c8dc71405110.png

Which is like 0 for the players, and ofc they reject.

(PS: My board refuses to raise wage budget)

6 minutes ago, Groom84 said:

Just a small question regarding contract negotiations (amateur) for players:

If I'm;

just a little bit below wage budget and
I still have around 10k£/$ in transfer money left and
have quite a lot of cash in my budget
>> am I still restricted from signing players?

Right now, I can't offer players any bonuses at all (all locked at 10 in X currency) for the amateur 0 wage contract.

(below in SEK currency.)

bild.png.cf0701c31ac0a584713b63aded5aa800.png

I can only offer:

bild.png.708161a17c6af0c63417c8dc71405110.png

Which is like 0 for the players, and ofc they reject.

(PS: My board refuses to raise wage budget)

Try adjuting budgets, put your transfer budget into wage budget.

Just now, lionel messi said:

You could put your scouting budget into tranfer budget.

Then put your transfer budget into wage budget.

That's what I did.

I don't think I have any other way to increaase my wage budget.

But is the bonuses counted towards wages?

It's strange, how can the game know how many appearence a player will have each month?

11 minutes ago, Groom84 said:

That's what I did.

I don't think I have any other way to increaase my wage budget.

It's strange, how can the game know how many appearence a player will have each month?

You may have to try getting rid of a few players then, any on higher wages compared to the rest of the quad.

Any reserves or u-18s that you dont need.

You could also try reducing your backroom staff.

20 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

You may have to try getting rid of a few players then, any on higher wages compared to the rest of the quad.

Any reserves or u-18s that you dont need.

You could also try reducing your backroom staff.

Backroom staff and U23 & U18 are done.

I have one player in high wage. I will try to offload him.

Thank you!

14 hours ago, Groom84 said:

Pretty sure they are worked out on playing time status, Key Player, First Team, Squad, Backup etc. 

Is the prize money for the FA Cup correct? The prize money stated in the competition rules seems strange.

The winner prize money keeps going up every round, but the loser prize money stays the same for every round from 4th qualifying round all the way to the 5th round proper.

Edited by Chas (Psyatika)

39 minutes ago, Chas (Psyatika) said:

Is the prize money for the FA Cup correct? The prize money stated in the competition rules seems strange.

The winner prize money keeps going up every round, but the loser prize money stays the same for every round from 4th qualifying round all the way to the 5th round proper.

Losing prize money is only paid up to the 4th Qualifying Round and then the semis and final.  No losing money is paid from the 1st round proper upto and including the quarter finals.

37 minutes ago, andydick said:

Losing prize money is only paid up to the 4th Qualifying Round and then the semis and final.  No losing money is paid from the 1st round proper upto and including the quarter finals.

I have not set any prize money for losers after the 4th Qualifying round up until the semi-final, i have just been on my save and looked in rules and noticed there is prize money for losers.

Its only £3,125 so wont make that much difference to those already deep into a save.

I think i can remember this happening on my file last year too.

I have gone in and set it at £0 now after the 4th qualifying round up until the semi-final so should not come up.

Will be fixed in next update.

Edited by lionel messi

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I have not set any prize money for losers after the 4th Qualifying round up until the semi-final, i have just been on my save and looked in rules and noticed there is prize money for losers.

Its only £3,125 so wont make that much difference to those already deep into a save.

I think i can remember this happening on my file last year too.

I have gone in and set it at £0 now after the 4th qualifying round up until the semi-final so should not come up.

Will be fixed in next update.

Is the same still ok to use or should 8 wait for update with playoff fix

8 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Is the same still ok to use or should 8 wait for update with playoff fix

It is still ok to use.

Im still trying to sort the playoff issue out at Level 5&6.

There is also a slight issue with FA Cup prize money, from 4th Qualifying round up to semi-final where there should be no prize money for losers but they are getting just over £3000.

35 minutes ago, funnylittlefrog said:

Are there play offs at level 10 in this file, as there are in real life at that level this season?

No there are no playoffs at Level 10 on this file.

I did not want to over complicate things and get the right numbers in all the leagues from level 5 to 9.

I have got the numbers working fine with 20 teams in each level 9 league after the 1st season.

48 minutos atrás, lionel messi disse:

Playoffs update vanarama leagues.

I now have the playoffs 1st round and final working correctly.

Semi finals they are playing correct teams but sometimes the highest seeded team is not playing at home in latest test.

Much more to do in the file before the update?