[FM22] England down to Level 10 Now available for download

1 minute ago, iamnobody said:

Does the latest update make it more or less difficult?  I am considering starting a new game with the same team for the Level 10 challenge since I haven't played a league game there yet.

I can only speak for my own team but i am slightly over wage budget now and can only offer £20 a week rather than the £50 a week so is a bit harder to get the really good players in now.

I have quite a small squad too and playing 2 games a week every week because im in a league with 23 teams in it.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Thank you! Are you getting some high scorelines in games? Looks like there’s been a good amount of goals scored so far.

Yes there is quite a few goals being scored in this League.

My discipline is awful too, i had 2 succesive games where i had 3 players sent off lol, but they seem to have settled down a bit now.

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

Yes there is quite a few goals being scored in this League.

My discipline is awful too, i had 2 succesive games where i had 3 players sent off lol, but they seem to have settled down a bit now.

That’s good to hear you’re getting lots of goals scored, it’s been a while since I’ve done a proper save on FM so hopefully when I’m managing lower down there’s a few goals scored there too.

Oh wow haha, that is a lot, I’d give your players a bit of a telling off if I was you!

3 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

That’s good to hear you’re getting lots of goals scored, it’s been a while since I’ve done a proper save on FM so hopefully when I’m managing lower down there’s a few goals scored there too.

Oh wow haha, that is a lot, I’d give your players a bit of a telling off if I was you!

Yes i was not happy, funny thing is though i managed to hang on for draws in both games and i could have won 1 but missed a late penalty.

One of the games was just before a FA Cup tie as well lol.

16 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Yes i was not happy, funny thing is though i managed to hang on for draws in both games and i could have won 1 but missed a late penalty.

One of the games was just before a FA Cup tie as well lol.

Ah that's good then, least you got results out of them and didn't lose heavily. Keep up the good work, hopefully you can get a promotion place come the end of the season!

1 minute ago, FCUtdWill said:

Ah that's good then, least you got results out of them and didn't lose heavily. Keep up the good work, hopefully you can get a promotion place come the end of the season!

Yes we are looking good so far for a top 4 finish.

Bourne town are setting the pace at the top though at the moment.

7 hours ago, lionel messi said:

The update i did last night should be the last unless there are any major problems.

Thank you for your time and efforts as always. 

Currently testing before I start my save and I have managed to get regionalised draws working for FA comps like real life.

12 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

I don't want to hijack Ivan's thread but I'm currently working on a file including Level 11, it won't be ready for a while though.

That would be amazing. Springfield is my local team in one of the Essex leagues, so starting a game with them would be great (I got 2 or 3 promotions last year before I burnt out on FM!)

Thank you for your work but there is a bug with the promotion playoff for all divisions from level 6 to level 10.

Normally, the 2nd and 3rd should receive at home in the semi final but this is never the case.

It happens that the 2nd or 3rd receives depending on the league but it's very rare

1.thumb.jpg.9e54d340cdffe15049c00545b064d1e5.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.3de74a7f41dd7d23b9eb2f69e0917fe3.jpg

16 minutes ago, caragreg said:

Thank you for your work but there is a bug with the promotion playoff for all divisions from level 6 to level 10.

Normally, the 2nd and 3rd should receive at home in the semi final but this is never the case.

It happens that the 2nd or 3rd receives depending on the league but it's very rare

1.thumb.jpg.9e54d340cdffe15049c00545b064d1e5.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.3de74a7f41dd7d23b9eb2f69e0917fe3.jpg

I thought i had tested and looked at this.

When did you download my file?

Is it in all leagues?

It should not happen at Level 6 as i have not touched it on there.

What about the final?

Edited by lionel messi

7 minutes ago, caragreg said:

1st version of your file

Yes, practically all leagues

Level 6; problem with Gateshead here

3.thumb.jpg.61410a7aebf8d8fca6e94a8312207082.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.c8b56d7b99c2aac9776d0fecfc9747e2.jpg

It's odd you are getting this, I tested yesterday and checked just now with the same file and all working correctly on mine. Note I did not load any other database files.

4 minutes ago, aaronpassfield said:

It's odd you are getting this, I tested yesterday and checked just now with the same file and all working correctly on mine. Note I did not load any other database files.

All leagues ok?

Can you check after the 2nd season as well please.

Edited by lionel messi

3 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

All leagues ok?

Can you check after the 2nd season as well please.

Yeah, I ran a 3 season holiday and Ive not seen any issues in various leagues from level 5 - 10.

Edited by aaronpassfield

11 hours ago, Britrock said:

That would be amazing. Springfield is my local team in one of the Essex leagues, so starting a game with them would be great (I got 2 or 3 promotions last year before I burnt out on FM!)

Ah brilliant, I’m just about to look at the Essex leagues so will lookout for them. Hopefully can finish my research sooner rather than later, keep an eye out on this sub forum for a link :)

2 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Can some more people test that playoffs are workin correctly with my latest file.

Level 6-9 for 2 seasons. 

Level 7-9 should be 2nd place v 5th place with 2nd place playing at home.

3rd place V 4th place with 3rd place playing at home.

I'm holidaying my current save through to end of May .....

Looks to me like the play-offs are randomly drawn as some are correct and some are wrong .. based on 4 divisions below

Vanarama North was correct ....  R1 was Kid/Cho, Glo/Yor.  Semi: Gui/Cho, Bos/Glo.  Final: Gui/Glo 

image.png.3cbd537aea95999d6748664965a1efd1.png

Vanarama South was wrong .... R1 was Dar/Wel, Mai/Oxf.  Semi: Dar/Bat, Mai/Dul.  Final: Bat/Dul.   The semi-finals were played the wrong way round.

image.png.441ae3086c38875df7dd2f438f282e55.png

Isthmian Premier was wrong ....  Semi was Mer/Cra and Lew/Enf (both wrong way round).  Final Enf/Mer (correct) 

image.png.7da668a348e88c5a62b4e024c9d45e18.png

Northern Premier was wrong .... Semi was FCU/War (wrong) and Gai/Mic (correct).  Final: Gai/FCU (correct)

image.png.97c1096d5d5d65bcd89136511bdfa6b2.png

4 hours ago, andydick said:

Looks to me like the play-offs are randomly drawn as some are correct and some are wrong .. based on 4 divisions below

Vanarama North was correct ....  R1 was Kid/Cho, Glo/Yor.  Semi: Gui/Cho, Bos/Glo.  Final: Gui/Glo 

image.png.3cbd537aea95999d6748664965a1efd1.png

Vanarama South was wrong .... R1 was Dar/Wel, Mai/Oxf.  Semi: Dar/Bat, Mai/Dul.  Final: Bat/Dul.   The semi-finals were played the wrong way round.

image.png.441ae3086c38875df7dd2f438f282e55.png

Isthmian Premier was wrong ....  Semi was Mer/Cra and Lew/Enf (both wrong way round).  Final Enf/Mer (correct) 

image.png.7da668a348e88c5a62b4e024c9d45e18.png

Northern Premier was wrong .... Semi was FCU/War (wrong) and Gai/Mic (correct).  Final: Gai/FCU (correct)

image.png.97c1096d5d5d65bcd89136511bdfa6b2.png

Ok i will have a look into this tomorrow night.

7 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Ok i will have a look into this tomorrow night.

I loaded Dan's L10 database and holidayed through that and saw exactly the same issues at L6 and L7.  Could be something that neither of you are setting or there's simply a bug somewhere with edited databases ....

27 minutes ago, andydick said:

I loaded Dan's L10 database and holidayed through that and saw exactly the same issues at L6 and L7.  Could be something that neither of you are setting or there's simply a bug somewhere with edited databases ....

Is it mainly just the semi-final?

Is the final ok

Just looking in the editor at the Isthmian league team set up ... and it is set as follows ....

This seems to imply 4th vs 1st and 3rd vs 2nd which is what I saw in my example previously.

image.png.e890d722ab659e720680334d6233301c.png

EDIT: Not sure this is relevant after all.  All step 7 leagues are set up this way yet the play-offs are played out differently.

Edited by andydick

Just holidayed through a few seasons to check for errors etc. Overall, this database is superb! 

One of the only things I've found so far is that the FA Cup doesn't televise as many games in a save than it does IRL? 

Only ever saw 2 games in the 1st and 2nd round get televised (Saturday early KO & Sunday) but in reality it was a lot more this year.

FRIDAY 5 NOVEMBER 2021
AFC Sudbury v Colchester United (7.55pm) – Live on BBC Two

SATURDAY 6 NOVEMBER 2021
Banbury United v Barrow (5.15pm) – Live on ITV4

SUNDAY 7 NOVEMBER 2021
Sheffield Wednesday v Plymouth Argyle (12.15pm) – Live on ITV
Stratford Town v Shrewsbury Town (3.00pm) – Live on ITV4
St Albans City v Forest Green Rovers (5.15pm) – Live on BBC Two

MONDAY 8 NOVEMBER 2021
Dagenham & Redbridge v Salford City (7.45pm) – Live on ITV4

The FA live broadcast fee for this coverage is £50,000 per club.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/oct/21/emirates-fa-cup-first-round-tv-broadcast-games-selected-20212110

On 14/12/2021 at 06:06, Supermercado99 said:

The game vastly overpays generated staff compared to players. This happens in every database I've made with small teams - players scoring 50 goals a year are getting a quarter of the wage of a loan manager that teams at that level shouldn't have anyway. Went some way to solving by messing around with the contract types for particular divisions in the editor and making loan manager, general manager, and any other jobs that miniscule teams wouldn't have (or would have as a voluntary position only) to always be amateur contracts.

Yepp, I'm not editing and thus suffering now.

It's 1 season, maybe I can hold out by playing friendlies.

But another issue is that some players have wage contract(s) /semi-pro.

It doesn't get easier when board expects 5th place finish or higher (London Tigers is my team in Spartan league).

But I have reduced the burden on cash side, by playing LOTs of friendlies (very high rep teams giving cash profits), even my U23&U18 plays against cash giving friendlies. I also reduced the scout budget as much as possible and then after that increased the wage as much as possible.

Loan is your best friend too, especially when losing players (like I did).

I'm considering letting go of wage players, but I need loaned players first as replacement.

I play 22 man squad on heavy rotation, with 3-1-3-3 formation (3 center midfielders and 3 center forwards).

3-1-3-3 formation, gives me good cover if/when I have injuries or for subs during matches. But I greatly suffer on defence, especially vs good teams (crossings are my bane).

6 hours ago, AhMostyn said:

It's not linked to this is it?

Has it only happened since the last patch?

Yes, this bug affects all knock out competitions that rely on seeding to determine home and away fixtures. Even vanilla Canadian Premier League, MLS, A-League, Liga MX are impacted. Still waiting for acknowledgment from SI. This has occurred since the latest patch. 

Was getting so frustrated spending hours and hours trying to fix it thinking I had broken my Canadian megapatch before noticing that it also affected vanilla leagues.

59 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

So it has nothing to do with how i set the playoffs up then?

Its a bug?

Yea.. I mean there are convoluted ways around it that may work (I got close to one) ... but when I realized it was affecting the base game, felt there was no point going down that road.

13 hours ago, wwffan2 said:

so far so good, this level seems pretty easy so far, hows everyone else getting on

image.thumb.png.e2f8f2993e1e43f98eb599355a6f50b1.png

Im currently top of the United Counties League Division 1 by 6 points with 9 games left to go.

Im still in the FA Vase too & the United Counties League Cup.

Edited by lionel messi

I tried to fix the playoffs issue last night.

All Level 7-10 leagues have the same settings so all should work the same but it is not working out like that.

They are playing the correct team in the semi-final but the team that finished higher is not playing at home in most cases.

I think it is a bug so waiting for a fix.

7 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I tried to fix the playoffs issue last night.

All Level 7-10 leagues have the same settings so all should work the same but it is not working out like that.

They are playing the correct team in the semi-final but the team that finished higher is not playing at home in most cases.

I think it is a bug so waiting for a fix.

Yah it seems to be a known bug... I have heard from other database creators that they are experiencing the same thing with their databases too..

Is every team in Level 10 supposed to be playing in any stage of FA cup?

If yes, then there is a team (in my game) that didn't even play one game (at least the first season): Wellingborough Whitworth (in Spartan South Midlands League Division 1).

They only played FA vase (of any FA associated championship)

14 minutes ago, Groom84 said:

If yes, then there is a team (in my game) that didn't even play one game (at least the first season): Wellingborough Whitworth (in Spartan South Midlands League Division 1).

Not all at Level 10 do but most.

After the 1st season there is not many Level 10 teams in the FA Cup

11 hours ago, Groom84 said:

There should only be 9 clubs from Level 10 taking part in the FA Cup this season. The high majority of them are playing in the FA Vase.

I’ve checked my records, no team from the Spartan South Midlands League Division One are in the FA Cup this season; only Kidlington Reserves, Letchworth Garden City Eagles, Raunds Town and Thame United Reserves are not playing in the FA Vase.

Edited by FCUtdWill

Okay, two things:

1. Has anyone made a logo pack that works with FM22? There is a logo pack around for FM19, but the club IDs are rearranged so the badges don't match up.

2. I've been donating to someone named [won't give his full name, but initials are P.W.] this entire time for this database. Am I donating to a reposter? Or are these two separate level 10 databases?

3 hours ago, Chas (Psyatika) said:

Okay, two things:

1. Has anyone made a logo pack that works with FM22? There is a logo pack around for FM19, but the club IDs are rearranged so the badges don't match up.

2. I've been donating to someone named [won't give his full name, but initials are P.W.] this entire time for this database. Am I donating to a reposter? Or are these two separate level 10 databases?

Regarding your second question, there’s only Ivan’s here and Dan’s on the workshop. PM me his username and I’ll have a look.