[FM22] England down to Level 10 Now available for download

4 hours ago, Supermercado99 said:

The game vastly overpays generated staff compared to players. This happens in every database I've made with small teams - players scoring 50 goals a year are getting a quarter of the wage of a loan manager that teams at that level shouldn't have anyway. Went some way to solving by messing around with the contract types for particular divisions in the editor and making loan manager, general manager, and any other jobs that miniscule teams wouldn't have (or would have as a voluntary position only) to always be amateur contracts.

Yes im going to look into changing staff contracts.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to say as there will be some clubs down there who pay appearance fees, even some may be contracted, however I'd say the majority of players will be Amateur.

Edited by Talbot41

53 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Should all players and staff at Level 10 be Amateur, What do you think guys?

Non contract. Semi pro clubs so these will generally be paid expenses - players and staff. FA document I read recently when looking into this is around £30 p/w.

I think most clubs at Level 9, Level 10 are amateur and wont be paying the players so im going to set it where teams at these levels can only offer amateur contracts. The clubs will still remain semi-pro/amateur depending on what they was set.

Setting it as non contract will make them offer appearance fees (mostly about £50 a game, £100 a week if they play 2 matches that week) & bonuses on top of that could make the wage bill very high.

Level 7-8 will be able to offer semi-pro non contracts.

Level 6 will be left untouched.

I will release a update later today.

54 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I think most clubs at Level 9, Level 10 are amateur and wont be paying the players so im going to set it where teams at these levels can only offer amateur contracts. The clubs will still remain semi-pro/amateur depending on what they was set.

Setting it as non contract will make them offer appearance fees (mostly about £50 a game, £100 a week if they play 2 matches that week) & bonuses on top of that could make the wage bill very high.

Level 7-8 will be able to offer semi-pro non contracts.

Level 6 will be left untouched.

I will release a update later today.

Assuming that the club status (amateur, semi-pro etc) is accurate in the game I'd guess 90+% of level 10 clubs will be semi-pro.  There will be many level 10 clubs that pay players appearance money but for simplicity it might be easier to say:

level 10 (amateur)
level 9 (non-contract)
level 7-8 (part time and non-contract).

My own experience is with Hornchurch (level 7) and we have players under part time contract as do all clubs at our level.  Level 8 will be mainly non-contract with occasional part-time players for some of the bigger clubs.

Ivan, 99% of the teams down to level 10 pay wages. I know a lot do in NWC Div 1 South as I have links with them etc. But typically I would say a side at that level a weekly wage bill would only be around £500 to £1k a week tops. Your likes of AFC Bury / FC Isle of Man of course pay much higher due to their stature/bigger gates etc, but thy are not the norm of course. That's just to give you some kind of insight of wages at the lower level of the NLS.

As andydick says its typically appearance fee only at level 10 and most the case at level 9. Although more and more level 9 clubs are putting their best 2 or 3 on contract. I'm constantly having to enquire the FA whether a player is on a contract these days for players at those levels before I can put in a 7 days notice.

I've set up a game ready to play later this week just to have a feel and see if there is anything I can recommend to update/improve, general feedback. How have your geographical movements worked in your testing have you had anything go out of kilter typically?

13 minutes ago, Schume said:

Ivan, 99% of the teams down to level 10 pay wages. I know a lot do in NWC Div 1 South as I have links with them etc. But typically I would say a side at that level a weekly wage bill would only be around £500 to £1k a week tops. Your likes of AFC Bury / FC Isle of Man of course pay much higher due to their stature/bigger gates etc, but thy are not the norm of course. That's just to give you some kind of insight of wages at the lower level of the NLS.

As andydick says its typically appearance fee only at level 10 and most the case at level 9. Although more and more level 9 clubs are putting their best 2 or 3 on contract. I'm constantly having to enquire the FA whether a player is on a contract these days for players at those levels before I can put in a 7 days notice.

I've set up a game ready to play later this week just to have a feel and see if there is anything I can recommend to update/improve, general feedback. How have your geographical movements worked in your testing have you had anything go out of kilter typically?

I was getting problems with northern league clubs going into the northern counties east league after the 1st season and the northern league being reduced quite alot in terms of numbers because of it.

I then had a look at what regional divisions were set for clubs at Level 9 & 10 and alot were out of date or set to divisions that dont exsist anymore, so i removed them all and set them to the current division.

It seems to work good now.

25 minutes ago, andydick said:

Just been drawn against Basford Utd (level 7) in the FA Cup preliminary round.  Level 7 clubs shouldn't join the FA Cup until the 1st Qualifying Round, but it's not worth changing the rules if it's much effort.

FA Cup is extended to include more teams 1st season.

This season in real life only about 7 clubs entered from Level 10.

2nd Season there is less teams in it due to changes in the structure so should work like it should.

Don’t know if this is a problem or not but Been playing st Neots southern central, seems that wages are very low, far too easy to sign good star players for just 75 pounds a week. 

So seems too easy to sign an endless amount of good players IMO for very cheap.

In other db’s players, those players want 300 per week. Which means you can only sign one or two star players without breaking your wage budget. 

75 per week seems OP, as you can basically buy a whole new team of star players without going over the wage budget.  

8 minutes ago, Zapoleon said:

Don’t know if this is a problem or not but Been playing st Neots southern central, seems that wages are very low, far too easy to sign good star players for just 75 pounds a week. 

So seems too easy to sign an endless amount of good players IMO for very cheap.

In other db’s players, those players want 300 per week. Which means you can only sign one or two star players without breaking your wage budget. 

75 per week seems OP, as you can basically buy a whole new team of star players without going over the wage budget.  

Yes im altering this in the next update.

OK, now that the maximum wages have been changed (to 300 / 150 / 100 and 50 for steps 7-10) a couple of questions ..

- how will transfers work for clubs that currently have players on contracts of more than £300 per week?  For instance South Shields, who play at step 7, have 15 players earning more than 300 - the range is between 350 and 750.  Will these contracts be renewable?

- how does this database affect the challenge.  Are we expected to re-start it with the new database?

7 minutes ago, andydick said:

OK, now that the maximum wages have been changed (to 300 / 150 / 100 and 50 for steps 7-10) a couple of questions ..

- how will transfers work for clubs that currently have players on contracts of more than £300 per week?  For instance South Shields, who play at step 7, have 15 players earning more than 300 - the range is between 350 and 750.  Will these contracts be renewable?

- how does this database affect the challenge.  Are we expected to re-start it with the new database?

Im not sure how it works?

Do you think the limit for that level should be increased?

You can still continue your save with the old database.

1 minute ago, Britrock said:

Is there any chance of level 11 being added in the future? My local team is at that tier and I enjoyed a save with them last year using your db. I understand if you'd rather not if it's a whole load more work though!

Im really sorry but i wont be going down to Level 11.

your right it is a whole lot more work.

45+ Leagues i think.

Just now, lionel messi said:

Im really sorry but i wont be going down to Level 11.

your right it is a whole lot more work.

45+ Leagues i think.

No problem, I remember the processing times with level 11 were pretty crazy last year so that's totally understandable. I might see if there's any other local teams in level 10 instead! Keep up the good work! 🙂

24 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Im not sure how it works?

Do you think the limit for that level should be increased?

You can still continue your save with the old database.

I did a quick test ... added myself as manager of South Shields and tried to renew this guy's contract (he was on £500 p/w)

image.png.e98d64e0d03b07e3d4ad8f9990338a9b.png

Do you have to put in limits (are there any for steps 5 and 6)?

What would happen if we removed them all - would we get step 10 players demanding stupid salaries?

Edited by andydick

2 minutes ago, andydick said:

I did a quick test ... added myself as manager of South Shields and tried to renew this guy's contract (he was on £500 p/w)

image.png.e98d64e0d03b07e3d4ad8f9990338a9b.png

Do you have to put in limits (are there any for steps 5 and 6)?

What would happen if we removed them all - would wet step 10 players demanding stupid salaries?

Ok i will change it.

The highest wage i see at that Level is £800 per week by someone at morpeth.

Believe me you will be shocked by what some wages players are on at level 7. There are players at the big money teams that are around a grand or more! It's crazy and it's got out of hand! But to work on FM22 you would have to make them like sugar daddy clubs especially in the case of Buxton and South Shields where they are chucking mad money at it.

4 minutes ago, Schume said:

Believe me you will be shocked by what some wages players are on at level 7. There are players at the big money teams that are around a grand or more! It's crazy and it's got out of hand! But to work on FM22 you would have to make them like sugar daddy clubs especially in the case of Buxton and South Shields where they are chucking mad money at it.

Yes it is a big shock.

Im going through the Leagues at each Level now looking at the wages.

I will add Buxton & South shields as sugar daddy clubs if they are not already then?

15 minutes ago, Schume said:

It was only 3 or 4 years ago when Glenn Tamplin took over Billericay Town.  They were in step 7 (Isthmian Premier) and paying 25K per week in wages.  They had Jamie O'Hara and Paul Konchesky playing for them.

24 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Highest wage at Level 8 is £500 per week.

I just hope by doing this it dont cause massive financial problems for the teams.

I think a lot of clubs in the default DB have max wages set already. In the Isthmian Prem and North I know this to be true and also in Essex Senior League.

3 minutes ago, aaronpassfield said:

I think a lot of clubs in the default DB have max wages set already. In the Isthmian Prem and North I know this to be true and also in Essex Senior League.

Ok thats good to know.

This is what im going to set the maximum wages at.

Level 7 £800

Level 8 £500

Level 9 £200

Level 10 £50

9 hours ago, Britrock said:

Is there any chance of level 11 being added in the future? My local team is at that tier and I enjoyed a save with them last year using your db. I understand if you'd rather not if it's a whole load more work though!

I don't want to hijack Ivan's thread but I'm currently working on a file including Level 11, it won't be ready for a while though.

22 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Its alright.

Level 11 is so much work.

I’m not finding it too bad at the moment, I’ve got a directory of all the clubs playing Saturday and Sunday football (I’ve been doing this for a number of seasons now) so just going through those at the moment to make sure they’re all correct. 

22 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

I’m not finding it too bad at the moment, I’ve got a directory of all the clubs playing Saturday and Sunday football (I’ve been doing this for a number of seasons now) so just going through those at the moment to make sure they’re all correct. 

Keep up the good work